Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ooo! Baked Apples!

My wife and I don't care for plain fresh apples. I can do them once
every couple months or so.

So this morning on the way in to work we were thinking about baking
apples! With cinnamon! Mmmm!

I'm going to see what else I can do like this with apples or other
fruit. Internet here I come!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 10, 10:23*am, Paul McNoob > wrote:
> My wife and I don't care for plain fresh apples. I can do them once
> every couple months or so.
>
> So this morning on the way in to work we were thinking about baking
> apples! With cinnamon! Mmmm!
>
> I'm going to see what else I can do like this with apples or other
> fruit. Internet here I come!

This sounds good: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Simple-...es/Detail.aspx

INGREDIENTS
6 apples - peeled, cored and sliced
1/2 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup whole milk

READ REVIEWS (90)

Review/Rate This Recipe
Save To Recipe Box
Add to Shopping List
Add a Personal Note
Post a Recipe Photo
Post a Favorite Food List
Create a Menu

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2 quart
casserole dish, or coat with non-stick cooking spray.
Place apples in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix together sugar,
flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Stir spice mixture into apples
until evenly distributed. Fold in raisins and walnuts. Spoon into
prepared dish. Pour milk evenly over apple mixture.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until soft and bubbly.
Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I think Microwaves were invented expressly for baking apples ;-)

Core apples almost to the bottom, removing seeds and stuff - don't
remove the bottom part. Put apple(s) in ramekins, small bowls or
nukeable muffin pan. Fill with a tablespoon or so of those little red
cinnamon candies. Nuke until apples are soft and candies have melted
(takes just a few minutes). Serve these with a small scoop of vanilla
ice cream or yoghurt.

If you don't like the little candies, stuff the apples with a spoonful
of brown sugar a dab of butter and spices. Serve this kind with a
splash of cream.

Lynn in Fargo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul McNoob" > wrote in message
> My wife and I don't care for plain fresh apples. I can do them once
> every couple months or so.
>
> So this morning on the way in to work we were thinking about baking
> apples! With cinnamon! Mmmm!
>
> I'm going to see what else I can do like this with apples or other
> fruit. Internet here I come!

Near the end of baking stuff a marshmallow in the hole ... yum. better
than pie