Old 10-06-2008, 02:12 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Vegan 12-year-old girl has spine of an 80-year old

Dimitri wrote:

"Steve Pope" wrote in message
Dimitri wrote:

"Mark Thorson" wrote in message

Doctors are under pressure to report her parents
to the police.

Unbelievable.

Not really; before they started adding Vitamin D to milk, all
sorts of people had rickets because they were too dumb to know
enough to deliberately consume it.

"Fortified foods represent the major dietary sources of vitamin D,
as very few foods naturally contain significant amounts of vitamin D"
(Wikipedia)

Couple this with the fact that while the UK has lots of vegetarians,
nearly all of them are ovo-lactoids, so there's not a general
culture among vegetarians there of worrying about vitamin D.

Steve

No sunlight in the UK?

Maybe they kept her in a darkened room or bathed her in sunscreen

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/vitamind.asp

Not really a lot of sunshine in the UK. "A good day in the UK is like
looking up a chimney, a bad day is like looking down a chimney."

Exerpted from a book I used to have that, I think, was titled, "1000
jokes about Great Britain."

Old 10-06-2008, 04:44 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 20:12:11 -0500, George Shirley
wrote:

Dimitri wrote:

"Steve Pope" wrote in message
Dimitri wrote:

[...]

Having spent 90 days in the U.K. (at the request of the USAF), I can
safely say I could count on the fingers of one hand the days I could
see my shadow distinctly. Most days were "high overcast". The air
was crystal clear, but the sky was a uniform light gray. Some days
the fog was so thick you literally could not see more than ten feet
ahead of yourself.

As a side note, the countryside is beautiful and the people are
gracious and kind to wandering yanks.

Ron Kelley
Old 10-06-2008, 05:02 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Dimitri wrote:

"Steve Pope" wrote in message
Dimitri wrote:

[...]

Aye, but stay off the moors at night. Stick to the road I tell ya.

Paul