Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Vegan 12-year-old girl has spine of an 80-year old

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> Here's a link to the article:

> Doctors are under pressure to report her parents
> to the police.

I once knew a rabid vegan that was so incredibly dogmatic and reactionary
she utterly refused to take any calcium supplements because at one point in
the calcium molecules billion year history it was part of an animal's bone
or a sea creature's shell. This despite the fact that her bones were
extremely brittle and probably looked like Swiss cheese. Vitamin D
supplements were absolutely out of the question too as it was impossible to
*know* that the supplement did not contain some microscopic quantity of
glycerin.

Seriously. You can't imagine the lengths those idiots go to maintain what
they consider "ethical" eating habits. They are seriously ill people.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" > wrote:

> Vitamin D
> supplements were absolutely out of the question too as it was impossible to
> *know* that the supplement did not contain some microscopic quantity of
> glycerin.

Glycerin is a vegetable product.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
>
>> Vitamin D
>> supplements were absolutely out of the question too as it was impossible to
>> *know* that the supplement did not contain some microscopic quantity of
>> glycerin.

> Glycerin is a vegetable product.
>
> -sw

Possibly he meant gelatin...

A radio commentator (KGO, San Francisco) the other day was talking with
a guest who somewhat of an animal activist. He mentioned a few years
back, interviewing the then head of the PETArds, and asking her if,
hypothetically, she would sacrifice a single animal to save 10,000 human
lives. She emphatically said she would not.

Dave
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Bell > wrote:

> A radio commentator (KGO, San Francisco) the other day was talking with
> a guest who somewhat of an animal activist. He mentioned a few years
> back, interviewing the then head of the PETArds, and asking her if,
> hypothetically, she would sacrifice a single animal to save 10,000 human
> lives. She emphatically said she would not.

I've sacrificed thousands of animals just so I could eat happily.
Some PETA's would personally murder people just to save an animal.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Bell" > wrote in message
> Sqwertz wrote:
>> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
>>
>>> Vitamin D supplements were absolutely out of the question too as it was
>>> impossible to *know* that the supplement did not contain some
>>> microscopic quantity of glycerin.

>> Glycerin is a vegetable product.
>>
>> -sw

> Possibly he meant gelatin...

Yes, gelatin - my mistake.

> A radio commentator (KGO, San Francisco) the other day was talking with a
> guest who somewhat of an animal activist. He mentioned a few years back,
> interviewing the then head of the PETArds, and asking her if,
> hypothetically, she would sacrifice a single animal to save 10,000 human
> lives. She emphatically said she would not.

Yet they complain about trying to preserve species rapidly going extinct
because the methods used are not "natural." I tell ya, it is a disease.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" wrote:

> "Dave Bell" > wrote in message
> > Sqwertz wrote:

> >> Glycerin is a vegetable product.
> >>
> >> -sw

> > Possibly he meant gelatin...

> Yes, gelatin - my mistake.
>

> > A radio commentator (KGO, San Francisco) the other day was talking with a
> > guest who somewhat of an animal activist. He mentioned a few years back,
> > interviewing the then head of the PETArds, and asking her if,
> > hypothetically, she would sacrifice a single animal to save 10,000 human
> > lives. She emphatically said she would not.

> Yet they complain about trying to preserve species rapidly going extinct
> because the methods used are not "natural." I tell ya, it is a disease.
>
> Paul

It's a cult actually.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Bell > wrote in
:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
>>
>>> Vitamin D
>>> supplements were absolutely out of the question too as it
>>> was impossible to *know* that the supplement did not
>>> contain some microscopic quantity of glycerin.

>> Glycerin is a vegetable product.
>>
>> -sw

> Possibly he meant gelatin...
>
> A radio commentator (KGO, San Francisco) the other day was
> talking with a guest who somewhat of an animal activist. He
> mentioned a few years back, interviewing the then head of
> the PETArds, and asking her if, hypothetically, she would
> sacrifice a single animal to save 10,000 human lives. She
> emphatically said she would not.

that's pretty damn funny considering that PETA takes
perfectly adoptable dogs & cats from no-kill shelters and
euthanizes them.

lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 9, 7:59�pm, "Paul M. Cook"
> I once knew a rabid vegan that was so incredibly dogmatic and reactionary
> she utterly refused to take any calcium supplements because at one point in
> the calcium molecules billion year history it was part of an animal's bone
> or a sea creature's shell. �

So doesn't she realize that the atoms in her body were once part of
another animal's body? Even if she eats only plants and her mom ate
only plants while she was pregnant with her there's no way of knowing
whether or not a plant is carrying an atom or molecule from some
animal that could have died hundreds, thousands, or millions of years
ago.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
On Jun 9, 7:59?pm, "Paul M. Cook"
> I once knew a rabid vegan that was so incredibly dogmatic and reactionary
> she utterly refused to take any calcium supplements because at one point
> in
> the calcium molecules billion year history it was part of an animal's bone
> or a sea creature's shell. ?

So doesn't she realize that the atoms in her body were once part of
another animal's body? Even if she eats only plants and her mom ate
only plants while she was pregnant with her there's no way of knowing
whether or not a plant is carrying an atom or molecule from some
animal that could have died hundreds, thousands, or millions of years
ago.

My point exactly and that goes for any other element in your body like iron,
magnesium, potassium etc. If you really want to get romantic you can
imagine those elements all being part of a star at one time. It is complete
insanity what some of those idiots do in pursuit of their bizarre quest for
absolute perfection and food purity. It is one thing to do it to yourself
though and quite another to inflict it on a victim that has no means to
protect themselves.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 23:29:04 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Jun 9, 7:59?pm, "Paul M. Cook"
>> I once knew a rabid vegan that was so incredibly dogmatic and reactionary
>> she utterly refused to take any calcium supplements because at one point in
>> the calcium molecules billion year history it was part of an animal's bone
>> or a sea creature's shell. ?

>So doesn't she realize that the atoms in her body were once part of
>another animal's body? Even if she eats only plants and her mom ate
>only plants while she was pregnant with her there's no way of knowing
>whether or not a plant is carrying an atom or molecule from some
>animal that could have died hundreds, thousands, or millions of years
>ago.

but all animals died of old age before the advent of factory farms.

your pal,
blake