Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

Default I love you, Alice B. Tillstrom!

[The B. is for Bork!]

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...jEehQD913GKVG1

Indiana University police say brownies a girl gave to dorm workers
didn't contain marijuana at all. The leafy substance mixed in was
lavender.

IU Police Capt. Jerry Minger said the 13-year-old girl came forward
after the case was publicized to let officers know the brownies
were safe.

The fudge was given to workers at IU's Eigenmann Hall on May 23 and
police were called after one of the employees took a bite and
noticed a green, leafy substance inside.

The girl gave some of the lavender to police for a field test, and
Minger said it registered a "weak reaction" on a test for
marijuana.

The girl made the fudge for a school project, in which she had to
make a Swedish food.

--
It is probable that television drama of high caliber and produced by
first-rate artists will materially raise the level of dramatic taste
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

"Adam Funk" > wrote in message
> [The B. is for Bork!]
>
> http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...jEehQD913GKVG1
>
> Indiana University police say brownies a girl gave to dorm workers
> didn't contain marijuana at all. The leafy substance mixed in was
> lavender.
>
> IU Police Capt. Jerry Minger said the 13-year-old girl came forward
> after the case was publicized to let officers know the brownies
> were safe.
>
> The fudge was given to workers at IU's Eigenmann Hall on May 23 and
> police were called after one of the employees took a bite and
> noticed a green, leafy substance inside.
>
> The girl gave some of the lavender to police for a field test, and
> Minger said it registered a "weak reaction" on a test for
> marijuana.
>
> The girl made the fudge for a school project, in which she had to
> make a Swedish food.

OK, time for an age test: How many others remember the original Alice B and
her brownies? Here's the story:

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a940225.html

Felice

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

"Felice" > wrote in message
. ..

> OK, time for an age test: How many others remember the original Alice B
> and her brownies? Here's the story:
>
> http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a940225.html
>
> Felice

Didn't her "buddy" write a Brownie by any other name?

--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

Felice wrote:

> "Adam Funk" > wrote in message
>> [The B. is for Bork!]
>>
>> http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...jEehQD913GKVG1
>>
>> Indiana University police say brownies a girl gave to dorm workers
>> didn't contain marijuana at all. The leafy substance mixed in was
>> lavender.
>>
>> IU Police Capt. Jerry Minger said the 13-year-old girl came forward
>> after the case was publicized to let officers know the brownies
>> were safe.
>>
>> The fudge was given to workers at IU's Eigenmann Hall on May 23 and
>> police were called after one of the employees took a bite and
>> noticed a green, leafy substance inside.
>>
>> The girl gave some of the lavender to police for a field test, and
>> Minger said it registered a "weak reaction" on a test for
>> marijuana.
>>
>> The girl made the fudge for a school project, in which she had to
>> make a Swedish food.

> OK, time for an age test: How many others remember the original Alice B and
> her brownies? Here's the story:

<raises fin>

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:

> "Felice" > wrote in message
> . ..
>

>> OK, time for an age test: How many others remember the original Alice B
>> and her brownies? Here's the story:
>>
>> http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a940225.html
>>
>> Felice

> Didn't her "buddy" write a Brownie by any other name?

Alice B's buddy wrote "Rose is a rose is a rose is a rose."

The phrase on which your pun is based is from Shakespeare's "Romeo
And Juliet".

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project --> http://improve-usenet.org
Found 5/08: a free GG-blocking news *feed* --> http://usenet4all.se

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

"Adam Funk" > wrote in message
> [The B. is for Bork!]
>
> http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...jEehQD913GKVG1
>
> Indiana University police say brownies a girl gave to dorm workers
> didn't contain marijuana at all. The leafy substance mixed in was
> lavender.

> The girl made the fudge for a school project, in which she had to
> make a Swedish food.

So was it fudge , or brownies? She (a 13-yr-old, probably not a college
student) made it for a school project, but gave them to university workers?
Something's weird.
Try not to think about it, Alice Childress. Try not to think about it
anymore.

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" > wrote in message

> "Felice" > wrote in message
> . ..
>

>> OK, time for an age test: How many others remember the original Alice B
>> and her brownies? Here's the story:
>>
>> http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a940225.html
>>
>> Felice

> Didn't her "buddy" write a Brownie by any other name?
>
> Old Scoundrel
>
> (AKA Dimitri)

You mean as in "A brownie is a brownie is a brownie is a brownie"?

Felice

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
news
> Dimitri wrote:
>

>> "Felice" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>>

>>> OK, time for an age test: How many others remember the original Alice B
>>> and her brownies? Here's the story:
>>>
>>> http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a940225.html
>>>
>>> Felice

>> Didn't her "buddy" write a Brownie by any other name?

> Alice B's buddy wrote "Rose is a rose is a rose is a rose."
>
> The phrase on which your pun is based is from Shakespeare's "Romeo
> And Juliet".
>

> --
> Blinky
> Killing all posts from Google Groups
> The Usenet Improvement Project --> http://improve-usenet.org
> Found 5/08: a free GG-blocking news *feed* --> http://usenet4all.se

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

On 2008-06-05, Dimitri wrote:

>> OK, time for an age test: How many others remember the original Alice B
>> and her brownies? Here's the story:
>>
>> http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a940225.html

> Didn't her "buddy" write a Brownie by any other name?

Unlike _Steal this Book_, it's not that hard to find. One of these
days I'll try the eggs Picabia recipe...

--
Do you know what they do to book thieves up at Santa Rita?
http://www.shigabooks.com/indeces/bookhunter.html
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
news
> Dimitri wrote:
>

>> "Felice" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>>

>>> OK, time for an age test: How many others remember the original Alice B
>>> and her brownies? Here's the story:
>>>
>>> http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a940225.html
>>>
>>> Felice

>> Didn't her "buddy" write a Brownie by any other name?

> Alice B's buddy wrote "Rose is a rose is a rose is a rose."
>
> The phrase on which your pun is based is from Shakespeare's "Romeo
> And Juliet".
>

> --
> Blinky
> Killing all posts from Google Groups
> The Usenet Improvement Project --> http://improve-usenet.org
> Found 5/08: a free GG-blocking news *feed* --> http://usenet4all.se

Yep Mia culpa , Mia culpa, as soon as I hit send I realized the error of my
ways. DUHHHhhhhhhh..

--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

On Jun 5, 11:24 am, Adam Funk > wrote:
> [The B. is for Bork!]
>
> http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...jEehQD913GKVG1
>
> Indiana University police say brownies a girl gave to dorm workers
> didn't contain marijuana at all. The leafy substance mixed in was
> lavender.
>
> IU Police Capt. Jerry Minger said the 13-year-old girl came forward
> after the case was publicized to let officers know the brownies
> were safe.
>
> The fudge was given to workers at IU's Eigenmann Hall on May 23 and
> police were called after one of the employees took a bite and
> noticed a green, leafy substance inside.
>
> The girl gave some of the lavender to police for a field test, and
> Minger said it registered a "weak reaction" on a test for
> marijuana.
>
> The girl made the fudge for a school project, in which she had to
> make a Swedish food.

Um, so was it fudge or brownies? Also, was it the lavender that made
it Swedish?

Dr Hot"WTF?"Salt

> It is probable that television drama of high caliber and produced by
> first-rate artists will materially raise the level of dramatic taste
> of the nation. (David Sarnoff, CEO of RCA, 1939; in Stoll 1995)

I always considered Rod Serling to be the Elephant Gun of TV
producers.
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

["Followup-To:" header set to alt.religion.kibology.]
On 2008-06-07, Dr. HotSalt > wrote:

> I always considered Rod Serling to be the Elephant Gun of TV
> producers.

And what Rod Serling was doing in my pajamas, I'll never know.
Wait, I think I told that wrong.

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

On 2008-06-06, Adam Funk > wrote:

> On 2008-06-05, Dimitri wrote:
>
>>> OK, time for an age test: How many others remember the original Alice B
>>> and her brownies? Here's the story:
>>>
>>> http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a940225.html

>> Didn't her "buddy" write a Brownie by any other name?

> Unlike _Steal this Book_, it's not that hard to find. One of these
> days I'll try the eggs Picabia recipe...

I can barely remember the movie "I Love You Alice B. Toklas". And I
have a VHS copy of "Steal This Movie", which I haven't watched yet.
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

On 2008-06-05, Blinky the Shark > wrote:

> Dimitri wrote:
>

>> "Felice" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>>

>>> OK, time for an age test: How many others remember the original Alice B
>>> and her brownies? Here's the story:
>>>
>>> http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a940225.html
>>>
>>> Felice

>> Didn't her "buddy" write a Brownie by any other name?

> Alice B's buddy wrote "Rose is a rose is a rose is a rose."
>
> The phrase on which your pun is based is from Shakespeare's "Romeo
> And Juliet".

Gertrude Stein wrote Shakespeare's plays?

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

Mark Edwards > wrote:
>No cluons were harmed when Bill Marcum wrote:
>>Gertrude Stein wrote Shakespeare's plays?

>Mmmmm, Bacon!

a bacon by any other name is a bacon is a bacon. but there's no kosher there.

Dave
--
\/David DeLaney posting from "It's not the pot that grows the flower

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark > wrote:

>>> Alice B's buddy wrote "Rose is a rose is a rose is a rose."
>>>
>>> The phrase on which your pun is based is from Shakespeare's "Romeo And
>>> Juliet".
>>>

>> Gertrude Stein wrote Shakespeare's plays?

> No, his pun - Brownie by any other name - was based in Romeo And Juliet.
>
> As I said.

for which explanation we unsophisticated and uneducated denizens of
ARK are grateful.

tune in next week, when Matt McIrvin explains Blinky.

butting

--
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~butting
φυγε κραυγη, αγορασα αγορι
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

Bryce Utting wrote:

>>> Gertrude Stein wrote Shakespeare's plays?

>> No, his pun - Brownie by any other name - was based in Romeo And Juliet.
>>
>> As I said.

> for which explanation we unsophisticated and uneducated denizens of ARK
> are grateful.

Well, the author seemed to be unclear on the literary concepts involved.

I didn't notice the crossposting. Of the three newsgroups, I read
rec.food.cooking. Blinky out, with respect to the other two groups, with
this post.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project --> http://improve-usenet.org
Found 5/08: a free GG-blocking news *feed* --> http://usenet4all.se

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

No cluons were harmed when Bill Marcum wrote:
>Gertrude Stein wrote Shakespeare's plays?

Mmmmm, Bacon!

Mark Edwards
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

On Jun 7, 8:10*pm, (David DeLaney) wrote:
> Mark Edwards > wrote:
> >No cluons were harmed when Bill Marcum wrote:
> >>Gertrude Stein wrote Shakespeare's plays?

> >Mmmmm, Bacon!

> a bacon by any other name is a bacon is a bacon. but there's no kosher there.
>
> Dave
> --
> \/David DeLaney posting from "It's not the pot that * * * *grows the flower
> It's not the clock that slows the hour *The definition's plain for anyone to see
> Love is all it takes to make a family" - R&P. VISUALIZE * * * *HAPPYNET VRbeable<BLINK>http://www.vic.com/~dbd/- net.legends FAQ & Magic / I WUV you in all CAPS! --K.

SizzleLean! lol.
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

Marcum wrote:
>>>Gertrude Stein wrote Shakespeare's plays?

and Mark Edwards replied:

No cluons were harmed when David DeLaney wrote:
>a bacon by any other name is a bacon is a bacon. but there's no
> kosher there.

So, Sir Francis Kosher did NOT ghost for Shakespeare?

Mark Edwards
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

On Jun 8, 12:54 am, Mark Edwards > wrote:

> and Mark Edwards replied:
>
> >>Mmmmm, Bacon!

> No cluons were harmed when David DeLaney wrote:
>
> >a bacon by any other name is a bacon is a bacon. but there's no
> > kosher there.

> So, Sir Francis Kosher did NOT ghost for Shakespeare?

I like Claussen pickles. And if I have to maul you and rend your flesh
into a bloody foam to get them, then Soviet.