Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default (2008-06-04) 'Messy cooks'

"ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> I was laboring under the impression that the majority of 'messy cooks'
> were men. Obviously, I was wrong.
>
> Just for fun, let's see how wrong I was...
>
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

I think I'll take the tiara.

Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

I was laboring under the impression that the majority of 'messy cooks'
were men. Obviously, I was wrong.

Just for fun, let's see how wrong I was...

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Egg tastes better when it's not on your face...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 10:34:26 -0500, Ms P wrote:

> "ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>
>> I was laboring under the impression that the majority of 'messy cooks'
>> were men. Obviously, I was wrong.
>>
>> Just for fun, let's see how wrong I was...

> I think I'll take the tiara.
>
> Ms P

<lol> It's yours.

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Egg tastes better when it's not on your face...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> I was laboring under the impression that the majority of 'messy cooks'
> were men. Obviously, I was wrong.
>
> Just for fun, let's see how wrong I was...

I was wondering why this wasn't a survey when you posted the (most
excellent!) topic I am not an *always* clean up as I go but I do find
the mise en place very helpful and condusive to easy clean-up.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> I was laboring under the impression that the majority of 'messy cooks'
> were men. Obviously, I was wrong.
>
> Just for fun, let's see how wrong I was...

Oh, come now! I know that somewhere out there *somebody* leaves it in
the sink!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 04 Jun 2008 11:53:50a, Pennyaline told us...

> ChattyCathy wrote:
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>
>> I was laboring under the impression that the majority of 'messy cooks'
>> were men. Obviously, I was wrong.
>>
>> Just for fun, let's see how wrong I was...

> Oh, come now! I know that somewhere out there *somebody* leaves it in
> the sink!

There was a short period of time many years ago when I lived in an
apartment without a dishwasher. Mostly I didn't cook because I didn't want
to clean up. If I did cook, the damned dishes and pots could sit there for
days.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Wednesday, 06(VI)/04(IV)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pennyaline wrote:
> ChattyCathy wrote:
>
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>
>> I was laboring under the impression that the majority of 'messy cooks'
>> were men. Obviously, I was wrong.
>>
>> Just for fun, let's see how wrong I was...

> Oh, come now! I know that somewhere out there *somebody* leaves it in
> the sink!

I think we might have to *define* messy. What's
messy to me may not be messy to someone else and
vice versa.

I clean up as I go, that is I wipe up any spills and
put used utensils and containers, rinsed, in the sink.
I may not do the dishes till the next day but aside from
rinsed dirty dishes stacked neatly beside the sink or
in the dish pan, the counters are clean and all the
ingredients are put away in fridge or cupboard. To me
that's not messy.

When I have a big dinner for guests I do wash up as I
go until I get to the point where I don't have any more
room in the dish drainer and don't have any more time for
washing dishes. That last half hour or so before dinner
has to be on the table things can get a little hectic.
But I still try to be as neat as possible. Also, I never
do the dishes until the next day. I don't want to spend
time doing dishes while I have company and I'm not about
to stay up after they leave to do it either, I'm way too
tired by then. I always rinse and stack all the dishes
neatly next to the sink and leave it at that. I spend the
whole next day doin leisurely batches of dishes throughout
the day. That's one of the nice things about living alone.
Also, I never have people to dinner on a Sunday when I have
to go to work the next day as I wouldn't be able to get the
dishes done until the next weekend! ;-)

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 04 Jun 2008 02:40:10p, Janet Baraclough told us...

> The message 0>
> from Wayne Boatwright > contains these words:
>
>> There was a short period of time many years ago when I lived in an
>> apartment without a dishwasher. Mostly I didn't cook because I didn't
>> want to clean up. If I did cook, the damned dishes and pots could sit
>> there for days.

> LOL Wayne; after that and the frightful saga of the food encrusted
> bath towels I'm awarding you a SSS
>
> ...Secret Slob Status.
>
> Janet

LOLOL!