Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Great time at a party.

We just got back from a great party. I got a call the other day from a
friend of a friend that I met briefly about a year ago. She invited me to a
party she was having for her husband, a chef . We were, of course,
delighted to be asked, even if it was only 6 hours notice. We had other
plans but cancelled them.

There were about 20 people there and we took a couple of beef tenderloins,
two bottles of wine, a single malt scotch, single batch bourbon, a case of
mixers and a keg of beer, as requested. One of the other guests brought a
bag of chips and a container of dip so there was plenty of good food.

The hostess also passed the hat so we could contribute toward a gift for her
husband. I was a little short of cash after buying the food, but she took
credit cards so I'd not be embarrassed at not giving towards the gift. I
took the six installment plan.

We had a great time and I hope I get invited again next year.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> We just got back from a great party. I got a call the other day from a
> friend of a friend that I met briefly about a year ago. She invited me to a
> party she was having for her husband, a chef . We were, of course,
> delighted to be asked, even if it was only 6 hours notice. We had other
> plans but cancelled them.
>
> There were about 20 people there and we took a couple of beef tenderloins,
> two bottles of wine, a single malt scotch, single batch bourbon, a case of
> mixers and a keg of beer, as requested. One of the other guests brought a
> bag of chips and a container of dip so there was plenty of good food.
>
> The hostess also passed the hat so we could contribute toward a gift for her
> husband. I was a little short of cash after buying the food, but she took
> credit cards so I'd not be embarrassed at not giving towards the gift. I
> took the six installment plan.
>
> We had a great time and I hope I get invited again next year.

LOL1

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> We just got back from a great party. I got a call the other day from a
> friend of a friend that I met briefly about a year ago. She invited me to a
> party she was having for her husband, a chef . We were, of course,
> delighted to be asked, even if it was only 6 hours notice. We had other
> plans but cancelled them.
>
> There were about 20 people there and we took a couple of beef tenderloins,
> two bottles of wine, a single malt scotch, single batch bourbon, a case of
> mixers and a keg of beer, as requested. One of the other guests brought a
> bag of chips and a container of dip so there was plenty of good food.
>
> The hostess also passed the hat so we could contribute toward a gift for her
> husband. I was a little short of cash after buying the food, but she took
> credit cards so I'd not be embarrassed at not giving towards the gift. I
> took the six installment plan.
>
> We had a great time and I hope I get invited again next year.

I'll be sure to send you an invite to my next dinner party. Could you
come early and help me set up the tables, bar and stuff?

--
Queenie

*** Be the change you wish to see in the world ***
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> We just got back from a great party. I got a call the other day from a
> friend of a friend that I met briefly about a year ago. She invited me to a
> party she was having for her husband, a chef . We were, of course,
> delighted to be asked, even if it was only 6 hours notice. We had other
> plans but cancelled them.
>
> There were about 20 people there and we took a couple of beef tenderloins,
> two bottles of wine, a single malt scotch, single batch bourbon, a case of
> mixers and a keg of beer, as requested. One of the other guests brought a
> bag of chips and a container of dip so there was plenty of good food.
>
> The hostess also passed the hat so we could contribute toward a gift for her
> husband. I was a little short of cash after buying the food, but she took
> credit cards so I'd not be embarrassed at not giving towards the gift. I
> took the six installment plan.
>
> We had a great time and I hope I get invited again next year.

ROFLMAO!

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 31 May 2008 07:07:33p, Edwin Pawlowski told us...

> We just got back from a great party. I got a call the other day from a
> friend of a friend that I met briefly about a year ago. She invited me
> to a party she was having for her husband, a chef . We were, of course,
> delighted to be asked, even if it was only 6 hours notice. We had other
> plans but cancelled them.
>
> There were about 20 people there and we took a couple of beef
> tenderloins, two bottles of wine, a single malt scotch, single batch
> bourbon, a case of mixers and a keg of beer, as requested. One of the
> other guests brought a bag of chips and a container of dip so there was
> plenty of good food.
>
> The hostess also passed the hat so we could contribute toward a gift for
> her husband. I was a little short of cash after buying the food, but
> she took credit cards so I'd not be embarrassed at not giving towards
> the gift. I took the six installment plan.
>
> We had a great time and I hope I get invited again next year.

You were so lucky to be "chosen"! ;-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 05(V)/31(XXXI)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Edwin Pawlowski" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> We just got back from a great party. I got a call the other day from a
> friend of a friend that I met briefly about a year ago. She invited me to
> a party she was having for her husband, a chef . > The hostess also
> passed the hat so we could contribute toward a gift for her husband. I
> was a little short of cash after buying the food, but she took credit
> cards so I'd not be embarrassed at not giving towards the gift. I took
> the six installment plan.
>
> We had a great time and I hope I get invited again next year.

Oh yes, I meant to mention that it is my birthday in about a monbth, and I'd
really love for you to come to my party. Shall I email you with the
requirements?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 31 May 2008 22:07:33 -0400, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> We just got back from a great party. I got a call the other day from a
> friend of a friend that I met briefly about a year ago. She invited me to a
> party she was having for her husband, a chef . We were, of course,
> delighted to be asked, even if it was only 6 hours notice. We had other
> plans but cancelled them.
>
> There were about 20 people there and we took a couple of beef tenderloins,
> two bottles of wine, a single malt scotch, single batch bourbon, a case of
> mixers and a keg of beer, as requested. One of the other guests brought a
> bag of chips and a container of dip so there was plenty of good food.
>
> The hostess also passed the hat so we could contribute toward a gift for her
> husband. I was a little short of cash after buying the food, but she took
> credit cards so I'd not be embarrassed at not giving towards the gift. I
> took the six installment plan.
>
> We had a great time and I hope I get invited again next year.

<snicker>
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Egg tastes better when it's not on your face...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Edwin Pawlowski > wrote:

> There were about 20 people there and we took a couple of beef tenderloins,
> two bottles of wine, a single malt scotch, single batch bourbon, a case of
> mixers and a keg of beer, as requested.

No wonder they invited you!

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> We just got back from a great party. I got a call the other day from a
> friend of a friend that I met briefly about a year ago. She invited me to a
> party she was having for her husband, a chef . We were, of course,
> delighted to be asked, even if it was only 6 hours notice. We had other
> plans but cancelled them.
>
> There were about 20 people there and we took a couple of beef tenderloins,
> two bottles of wine, a single malt scotch, single batch bourbon, a case of
> mixers and a keg of beer, as requested. One of the other guests brought a
> bag of chips and a container of dip so there was plenty of good food.
>
> The hostess also passed the hat so we could contribute toward a gift for her
> husband. I was a little short of cash after buying the food, but she took
> credit cards so I'd not be embarrassed at not giving towards the gift. I
> took the six installment plan.
>
> We had a great time and I hope I get invited again next year.

Teehee. I'm giving my husband a birthday party in August. Wanna come?
gloria p