Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How's this for an invitation

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 20:23:48 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""
> wrote:

>blake murphy >
: in rec.food.cooking

>> On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:20:13 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Wayne Boatwright >
. 186.120: in
>>>rec.food.cooking

>>>she
>>>figure

>>>Germany.

>>>pieces,

>>>Blake may be right but very few anklebiters get past my front door.
>>>Very few.
>>>
>>>Michael

>> do any of them manage to get back out?

>Do you mean alive?
>
>Michael

i guess you could take the norman bates approach and set yourself up a
little trophy room...

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 20:29:11 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Sat 14 Jun 2008 01:23:48p, Michael "Dog3" told us...
>
>> blake murphy >
>> : in rec.food.cooking
>>
>>> On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:20:13 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""

.186.120: in

>>> do any of them manage to get back out?

>> Do you mean alive?
>>
>> Michael
>>

>I should think you'd either cook or bury the evidence. I wonder how many
>godies would fit on your property? Of course if you cook them, you only
>have to bury the bones.

they're good for stock.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 15:43:48 -0500, George Shirley
> wrote:

>Michael "Dog3" wrote:
>> blake murphy >
>> : in rec.food.cooking
>>
>>> On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:20:13 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""

>>> do any of them manage to get back out?

>> Do you mean alive?
>>
>> Michael
>>

>Michael, Michael. This is a food group, you should put in the obligatory
>recipe for child. As in: OB: Hansel and Gretel baked child.

as i recall, that one didn't turn out too well for the cook.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 13:34:30 GMT, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:19:08 -0700, sf <.> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 17:43:39 GMT, blake murphy
> wrote:

>>>this is the second time someone has misattributed authorship of 'dang
>>>me.' buck owens was a fine artist, but roger miller wrote the song.
>>>

>>He sang it. I didn't care who wrote it.

>hmm. google seems to want it both ways, kinda.
>
>hits for buck owens "dang me": 9,470
>
>hits for buck owens "dang me" lyrics: 2,680
>
>hits for roger miller "dang me": 45,300
>
>hits for roger miller "dang me" lyrics: 19,600
>
>..but it was a monster hit for miller. if you heard the song on the
>radio, likely it was him and not buck.

ok

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 08:35:57 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> fired up random neurons and synapses to
opine:

>In article 0>,
> Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>> On Thu 12 Jun 2008 08:49:03p, Melba's Jammin' told us...

>> > Heh! HWSRN about stroked out when Small Child wanted to play with
>> > (i.e., pick them up) the hand-carved nativity set procured in Germany.
>> > He wouldn't tell her to leave it alone, though‹that was my job.

>> I have to admit that I'm that way about many things, things that are easily
>> breakable and particularly anything shiny; e.g., crystal pieces, brass or
>> silver decorative objects, etc. I can't stand to see a fingerprint on
>> anything.

>Do you walk around with a mini-bottle of Windex and one of lemon oil in
>your pocket? "-)

Okay, I'm channeling "Monk" here...

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

-- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 15 Jun 2008 03:12:38p, Terry Pulliam Burd told us...

> On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 08:35:57 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > fired up random neurons and synapses to
> opine:
>
>>In article 0>,
>> Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu 12 Jun 2008 08:49:03p, Melba's Jammin' told us...

>>> I have to admit that I'm that way about many things, things that are
>>> easily breakable and particularly anything shiny; e.g., crystal
>>> pieces, brass or silver decorative objects, etc. I can't stand to see
>>> a fingerprint on anything.

>>Do you walk around with a mini-bottle of Windex and one of lemon oil in
>>your pocket? "-)

> Okay, I'm channeling "Monk" here...

I'm only about half as bad. :-) And I will step on cracks. Having said
that, I can't stand to see a single item out of place and they have to be
arranged "just so". I must have "Monk Syndrome". :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Sunday, 06(VI)/15(XV)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 0>,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> I'm only about half as bad. :-) And I will step on cracks. Having said
> that, I can't stand to see a single item out of place and they have to be
> arranged "just so". I must have "Monk Syndrome". :-)

I'm starting to think that David's not the odd one in the couple, Wayne.
"-)

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Huffy and Bubbles Do France: http://www.jamlady.eboard.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 16 Jun 2008 07:58:36a, Melba's Jammin' told us...

> In article 0>,
> Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>> I'm only about half as bad. :-) And I will step on cracks. Having said
>> that, I can't stand to see a single item out of place and they have to

be
>> arranged "just so". I must have "Monk Syndrome". :-)

> I'm starting to think that David's not the odd one in the couple, Wayne.
> "-)

There's probably a lot of truth in your thinking. :-) His oddities lie
only in the limited range of foods he will eat.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Monday, 06(VI)/16(XVI)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 22:29:30 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> fired up random neurons and synapses to
opine:

>I'm only about half as bad. :-) And I will step on cracks. Having said
>that, I can't stand to see a single item out of place and they have to be
>arranged "just so". I must have "Monk Syndrome". :-)

My top two "OCDs" a my spices are in alphabetical order and my feet
barely hit the floor in the morning before the bed gets made up. The
DH swears that if he didn't move fast enough, I'd make the bed up with
him in it.

And, while not an OCD, one trait that drives both the DH and my boss
nuts is that I tend to be a "scooper" when I'm straightening things
up. God forbid you have an important paper on the bottom of a pile I
just scooped up and threw in the trash with, say, the newspaper.

--

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

"Some weasel took the cork out of my lunch!"

-- W.C. Fields
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote:

>And, while not an OCD, one trait that drives both the DH and my boss
>nuts is that I tend to be a "scooper" when I'm straightening things
>up. God forbid you have an important paper on the bottom of a pile I
>just scooped up and threw in the trash with, say, the newspaper.

You put newspapers in the trash? That would be illegal
up here!

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 16 Jun 2008 06:59:29p, Terry Pulliam Burd told us...

> On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 22:29:30 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > fired up random neurons and synapses to
> opine:
>
>>I'm only about half as bad. :-) And I will step on cracks. Having said
>>that, I can't stand to see a single item out of place and they have to be
>>arranged "just so". I must have "Monk Syndrome". :-)

> My top two "OCDs" a my spices are in alphabetical order and my feet
> barely hit the floor in the morning before the bed gets made up. The
> DH swears that if he didn't move fast enough, I'd make the bed up with
> him in it.

As do I, on both scores.

> And, while not an OCD, one trait that drives both the DH and my boss
> nuts is that I tend to be a "scooper" when I'm straightening things
> up. God forbid you have an important paper on the bottom of a pile I
> just scooped up and threw in the trash with, say, the newspaper.

No, I don't do that, but David is more likely to do so.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Monday, 06(VI)/16(XVI)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote:
>
>>And, while not an OCD, one trait that drives both the DH and my boss
>>nuts is that I tend to be a "scooper" when I'm straightening things
>>up. God forbid you have an important paper on the bottom of a pile I
>>just scooped up and threw in the trash with, say, the newspaper.

> You put newspapers in the trash? That would be illegal
> up here!

And just the ****ing audacity of anyone throwing away things that may be
important to others. Having no idea but being arrogant enough to just
"scoop." Even at work. Ugh.

An Invitation~! <{}'; ~ ) > Oh Kevin!! madge[_2_] Barbecue 1 03-10-2008 05:09 AM
Invitation lyn General Cooking 1 04-05-2006 03:46 AM
participation invitation claire Barbecue 8 11-05-2004 10:56 PM