Old 23-05-2008, 05:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT aluminum foil/plastic wrap

I just learned this on another group and thought all you foodies would
be interested if you don't already know...I didn't.

Do you know that aluminum foil and plastic wrap have little push-in tabs
on the end of the box to keep the roll in the box?
I don't know how long they've been there, but you would think they would
have been on some of their endless commercials before now. I have
called those rolls and their boxes ugly names for years.

Who knew?

Libby

Old 23-05-2008, 07:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Fred/Libby wrote on Fri, 23 May 2008 12:19:34 -0400:

Do you know that aluminum foil and plastic wrap have little
push-in tabs on the end of the box to keep the roll in the
box? I don't know how long they've been there, but you would
think they would have been on some of their endless
commercials before now. I have called those rolls and their
boxes ugly names for years.

Who knew?

The tabs don't work. I push a screw threaded metal rod thro' the
box and fasten it with a wing nut. Cost me about a buck and I've
been using it for years.

I have another question: is the position of the tear strip
patented? Right next the roll on the box works for me but some
manufacturers put it on the lid or else on the bottom of the
box.
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Old 23-05-2008, 07:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 23, 11:09*am, "James Silverton"
wrote:
[...]

Don't know about your question, but the last time I bought plastic
wrap, it was at Cash n Carry (Smart & Final in other areas). Instead
of a metal cutter, it has sandpaper on the edge to cut with- I love
it! I'd better, because it will probably last me about another year!!
Old 23-05-2008, 07:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" wrote in message

The tabs don't work. I push a screw threaded metal rod thro' the box and
fasten it with a wing nut. Cost me about a buck and I've been using it for
years.

What a good idea!

Old 23-05-2008, 07:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Fred/Libby wrote on Fri, 23 May 2008 12:19:34 -0400:

Do you know that aluminum foil and plastic wrap have little
push-in tabs on the end of the box to keep the roll in the
box? I don't know how long they've been there, but you would
think they would have been on some of their endless
commercials before now. I have called those rolls and their
boxes ugly names for years.

Who knew?

The tabs don't work. I push a screw threaded metal rod thro' the box and
fasten it with a wing nut. Cost me about a buck and I've been using it for
years.

hahaha! What a "guy" kinda thing to do!!! A wingnut! lol

Old 23-05-2008, 07:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

The tabs don't work. I push a screw threaded metal rod thro' the box and
fasten it with a wing nut. Cost me about a buck and I've been using it
for years.

What a good idea!

ahahaha! "Honey, grab my toolbox, I am doing to make sure this roll NEVER
comes out of the box!"

Old 23-05-2008, 08:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" wrote in message
om...

The tabs don't work. I push a screw threaded metal rod thro' the box and
fasten it with a wing nut. Cost me about a buck and I've been using it
for years.

What a good idea!

ahahaha! "Honey, grab my toolbox, I am doing to make sure this roll NEVER
comes out of the box!"

and your point is? )))

Old 23-05-2008, 08:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 23, 11:19*am, (Fred/Libby Barclay) wrote:
I just learned this on another group and thought all you foodies would
be interested if you don't already know...I didn't.

Do you know that aluminum foil and plastic wrap have little push-in tabs
on the end

Who knew?

Libby

I knew - a l-o-n-g time ago, actually. Some of the manufacturers have
been doing that for years.

N.
Old 23-05-2008, 08:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"cybercat" wrote in message
om...

The tabs don't work. I push a screw threaded metal rod thro' the box
and fasten it with a wing nut. Cost me about a buck and I've been using
it for years.

What a good idea!

ahahaha! "Honey, grab my toolbox, I am doing to make sure this roll NEVER
comes out of the box!"

and your point is? )))

I love men. *Sigh* That's my point.

Old 23-05-2008, 09:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
"Ophelia" wrote in message

"cybercat" wrote in message
om...

The tabs don't work. I push a screw threaded metal rod thro' the
box and fasten it with a wing nut. Cost me about a buck and I've
been using it for years.

What a good idea!

ahahaha! "Honey, grab my toolbox, I am doing to make sure this roll
NEVER comes out of the box!"

and your point is? )))

I love men. *Sigh* That's my point.

*titter*

gold aluminum foil? Mad Scientist Jr General Cooking 5 05-01-2007 07:55 PM
Disappearing Aluminum Foil Barbecue 4 02-08-2004 01:22 AM
ALUMINUM EGGS (FOIL BREAKFAST) Duckie Recipes 0 05-02-2004 01:37 PM
aluminum foil Don Saklad Historic 7 26-10-2003 03:19 AM
aluminum foil Don Saklad Cooking Equipment 4 24-10-2003 01:49 AM