Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cucumber salad recipe for Andy

On May 22, 11:37�am, Gloria P > wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
>
> > You're really not missing much. �If after you dined at the delis in
> > Brooklyn and Queens you try the 2nd Ave Deli once it will be your
> > first and last. �You should always be wary of any restaurant that
> > prints a cook book to further hype its image. �I have a copy of their
> > cook book, I read through all of it, not even one recipe is
> > authentic... reads like it was written by a goy... all you gotta do is
> > read the section on chicken soup, it's a joke... Aunt Mary's Chicken
> > Soup.... shouldn't that be Mother Souperior Mary...

> You'd prefer, maybe, Aunt Selma's?
> ;-)

Do you mean Aunt Selma as in from Alabama?

How about Aunt Flora: http://tinyurl.com/6lrc4z

http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/...3d370a0aRCR D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu 22 May 2008 08:45:45a, Margaret Suran told us...

> Andy wrote:
>> Margaret Suran said...

>>> Andy, I am going to break our date.

>>> So, Andy, instead of going to the new 2nd Avenue Deli, we will make
>>> other arrangements for our date. )
>>>
>>> Hugs, M

>> Does that mean we can't meet at Lincoln Center fountain for a glass or
>> two of wine? Take in an opera? I don't where to dine there, but I'll
>> treat!??
>>
>> Plaza hotel can hold me over for the night.
>>
>> Andy

> The Plaza Hotel for a night would bankrupt you. I have a perfectly good
> (if uncomfortable) sleeping couch for you. It's in a small guest room
> with your own bathroom. It is really Barbara's room, but she will
> probably let you use it. Stan slept in it, when he visited me for his
> birthday. So that this post is pertaining to food, I will tell that I
> made Stan a small omelet the next morning for breakfast and he was
> fascinated, because it came out nice and round. I, on the other hand,
> have never seen omelets that are not round. I gave him a pan just like
> the one I had used, as a Birthday gift. I hope that his eggs come out
> round now.
>
> The Lincoln Center Fountain sounds good, but I no longer do Skinny
> Dipping.

Margaret, I honestly thought I had read that the Plaza Hotel was closed
down some years back to be renovated and converted to luxury co-ops. Was
that all in my imagination, or just a plan that never happened?

--
Wayne Boatwright
Thursday, 05(V)/22(XXII)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

>Margaret, I honestly thought I had read that the Plaza Hotel was closed
>down some years back to be renovated and converted to luxury co-ops. Was
>that all in my imagination, or just a plan that never happened?

Not sure about the Plaza, but something like that did happen to my
favorite NYC hotel, the Olcott. Since they quit being a hotel
I have yet to find anywhere in the city I like and consider a
reasonable value.

At the same time, some properties that once were apartment buildings
are now hotels, such as the Affinia in the former Southgate Tower
on 7th Ave.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu 22 May 2008 06:19:16p, Margaret Suran told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>>> Dipping.
>>>

>> Margaret, I honestly thought I had read that the Plaza Hotel was closed
>> down some years back to be renovated and converted to luxury co-ops.

Was
>> that all in my imagination, or just a plan that never happened?
>>

> after some major renovations, the Plaza Hotel is now not just a hotel,
> but also has some of the most expensive condos (or is it co-ops) in New
> York City. The first apartments have been sold and the hotel part is
> also starting up again. At least, this is what I believe is happening.
>
> I have not looked, but the information is probably accessible on line.

Thank you Margaret! I think perhaps the early announcements were either
different or perhaps just misleading, as it made it seem the entire hotel
would become either condos or co-ops. I'm really glad to know that the
hotel will still exist. (Not that I could ever afford to stay there). :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Thursday, 05(V)/22(XXII)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: Feast of Corpus Christi
Countdown till Memorial Day
3dys 2hrs 9mins 42secs
Going out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu 22 May 2008 06:12:05p, Steve Pope told us...

> Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>>Margaret, I honestly thought I had read that the Plaza Hotel was closed
>>down some years back to be renovated and converted to luxury co-ops. Was
>>that all in my imagination, or just a plan that never happened?

> Not sure about the Plaza, but something like that did happen to my
> favorite NYC hotel, the Olcott. Since they quit being a hotel
> I have yet to find anywhere in the city I like and consider a
> reasonable value.
>
> At the same time, some properties that once were apartment buildings
> are now hotels, such as the Affinia in the former Southgate Tower
> on 7th Ave.
>
> Steve

Thanks, Steve. Interesting...

--
Wayne Boatwright
Thursday, 05(V)/22(XXII)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: Feast of Corpus Christi
Countdown till Memorial Day
3dys 2hrs 9mins 42secs
Going out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Margaret Suran said...

> I have not looked, but the information is probably accessible on line.

http://www.thecityreview.com/plaza.html

Margaret,

So I'll pick you up, we'll elevator to the top of the Guggenheim and stroll
down
Next, I'll take you out in my rowboat in central park and we can leave the
city behind for a while and float around on the lake for a bit, then lunch
at Tavern on the Green, then sip some wine at the fountain at Lincoln
Center, see an opera or Broadway play, dinner of your choice (it's YOUR
town). I'll call in a favor from Tommy Hilfiger and we can crash in his
condo at the Plaza. Caution: I snore. And I'll see you to your door in the
morning after room service breakfast and flowers with a Plaza terry cloth
robe with my compliments, naturally.

Andy

Coconut Cucumber Salad Recipe lilchuff11 Vegetarian cooking 5 06-12-2012 10:55 AM
Coconut Cucumber Salad Recipe lilchuff11 Vegan 0 26-12-2011 10:16 PM
Cucumber salad recipe video Janet Bostwick General Cooking 5 04-08-2011 02:58 AM
Cucumber Salad Sheldon General Cooking 0 23-05-2007 08:01 PM
Cucumber Salad Ankur General Cooking 1 23-05-2007 07:54 PM