Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bratwurst on G. Foreman grill?

I was thinking about cooking some bratwurst on my small George Foreman
indoor grill today. I cannot find the recipe book that came with it.

For the standard size Johnsonville Brats, how long would be ideal to
cook each side? I don't want to burn them, but I want to make sure
they're done.

Thanks,
Anthony
Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf sf is offline

On May 18, 9:53 am, Anthony Ferrante >
wrote:
> I was thinking about cooking some bratwurst on my small George Foreman
> indoor grill today. I cannot find the recipe book that came with it.
>
> For the standard size Johnsonville Brats, how long would be ideal to
> cook each side? I don't want to burn them, but I want to make sure
> they're done.
>
> Thanks,
> Anthony

HTH

http://busycooks.about.com/library/a...grillchart.htm
http://www.johnsonville.com/home/pro...inal-bratwurst

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 18, 10:53*am, Anthony Ferrante >
wrote:
> I was thinking about cooking some bratwurst on my small George Foreman
> indoor grill today. I cannot find the recipe book that came with it.
>
> For the standard size Johnsonville Brats, how long would be ideal to
> cook each side? I don't want to burn them, but I want to make sure
> they're done.

Why can't you cook them outside, bad weather?

> Thanks,
> Anthony

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 May 2008 14:31:49 -0700 (PDT), Bobo Bonobo®
> wrote:

>On May 18, 10:53*am, Anthony Ferrante >
>wrote:
>> I was thinking about cooking some bratwurst on my small George Foreman
>> indoor grill today. I cannot find the recipe book that came with it.
>>
>> For the standard size Johnsonville Brats, how long would be ideal to
>> cook each side? I don't want to burn them, but I want to make sure
>> they're done.

>Why can't you cook them outside, bad weather?

I live in a high-rise apartment building in downtown Chicago. No place
to grill outside. I think they believe we should be able to afford to
have someone else do it (eat out) which explains why there are no
grills outside.

Anthony

>> Thanks,
>> Anthony

>--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 18, 3:46*pm, Anthony Ferrante >
wrote:
> On Sun, 18 May 2008 14:31:49 -0700 (PDT), Bobo Bonobo®
>
> > wrote:
> >On May 18, 10:53*am, Anthony Ferrante >
> >wrote:
> >> I was thinking about cooking some bratwurst on my small George Foreman
> >> indoor grill today. I cannot find the recipe book that came with it.

> >> For the standard size Johnsonville Brats, how long would be ideal to
> >> cook each side? I don't want to burn them, but I want to make sure
> >> they're done.

> >Why can't you cook them outside, bad weather?

> I live in a high-rise apartment building in downtown Chicago. No place
> to grill outside. I think they believe we should be able to afford to
> have someone else do it (eat out) which explains why there are no
> grills outside.

I can never pity Chicagolanders when it comes to food because you have
taquerias all over town, except of course, downtown and the North
Shore.
Johnsonville brats are just not right if not cooked over wood or
charcoal. It's May. Take public transportation (CHI has great trains
and busses) to a park with some lump and a bit of newsprint to start
it. The Johnsonville Hot & Spicy are about the best grilling sausages
I've ever eaten.

> Anthony
>

> >> Thanks,
> >> Anthony

> >--Bryan

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

>Johnsonville brats are just not right if not cooked over wood or
>charcoal.

This product is already smoked before you bought it. Surely
they'd be pretty good grilled in a frying pan.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 18, 10:24*pm, (Steve Pope) wrote:
> Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:
>
> >Johnsonville brats are just not right if not cooked over wood or
> >charcoal. *

> This product is already smoked before you bought it. *Surely
> they'd be pretty good grilled in a frying pan.

If they are the regular brats, they aren't smoked:
http://www.johnsonville.com/home/pro...ingredientsTab

> Steve

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

>On May 18, 10:24*pm, (Steve Pope) wrote:

>> Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

>>>Johnsonville brats are just not right if not cooked over wood or
>>>charcoal. *

>> This product is already smoked before you bought it. *Surely
>> they'd be pretty good grilled in a frying pan.

>If they are the regular brats, they aren't smoked:
>http://www.johnsonville.com/home/pro...ingredientsTab

Thanks, I was unaware of this.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Pope > wrote:

> Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:
>
>>Johnsonville brats are just not right if not cooked over wood or
>>charcoal.

> This product is already smoked before you bought it. Surely
> they'd be pretty good grilled in a frying pan.

They have both cooked and uncooked sausages.

http://www.johnsonville.com/home/products/brats.html

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 May 2008 12:53:17 -0400, Anthony Ferrante
> wrote:

>I was thinking about cooking some bratwurst on my small George Foreman
>indoor grill today. I cannot find the recipe book that came with it.

I would definitely simmer them in beer for a while. Then just use the
Foreman to put some lines on 'em.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 May 2008 12:53:17 -0400, Anthony Ferrante
> wrote:

>For the standard size Johnsonville Brats, how long would be ideal to
>cook each side? I don't want to burn them, but I want to make sure
>they're done.

Simmer in beer for fifteen/twenty mintues. They will be done. Finish
on grill until your liking.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 19 May 2008 19:04:45 -0400, Billy <Hereiam@hotmaildotcom>
wrote:

>On Sun, 18 May 2008 12:53:17 -0400, Anthony Ferrante
> wrote:
>
>>For the standard size Johnsonville Brats, how long would be ideal to
>>cook each side? I don't want to burn them, but I want to make sure
>>they're done.

>Simmer in beer for fifteen/twenty mintues. They will be done. Finish
>on grill until your liking.

Man, this Johnsonville Hot Tub sure looks interesting:

http://www.johnsonville.com/home/rec...l?showRecipe=1

Anthony
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 May 2008 17:46:14 -0400, Anthony Ferrante
> wrote:

>I think they believe we should be able to afford to
>have someone else do it (eat out) which explains why there are no
>grills outside.

You don't have a rooftop patio with an area for parties and bbqs? I
thought every high rise comes with one!

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Anthony Ferrante" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 19 May 2008 19:04:45 -0400, Billy <Hereiam@hotmaildotcom>
> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 18 May 2008 12:53:17 -0400, Anthony Ferrante
> wrote:
>>
>>>For the standard size Johnsonville Brats, how long would be ideal to
>>>cook each side? I don't want to burn them, but I want to make sure
>>>they're done.

>>Simmer in beer for fifteen/twenty mintues. They will be done. Finish
>>on grill until your liking.

> Man, this Johnsonville Hot Tub sure looks interesting:
>
> http://www.johnsonville.com/home/rec...l?showRecipe=1
>
> Anthony

Look at a real grill, too.

A "Manly" grill.

http://www3.johnsonville.com/bigtastegrill/

BOB

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 20, 3:04*am, " BOB" > wrote:
> "Anthony Ferrante" > wrote in message

> > On Mon, 19 May 2008 19:04:45 -0400, Billy <Hereiam@hotmaildotcom>
> > wrote:

> >>Simmer in beer for fifteen/twenty mintues. They will be done. Finish
> >>on grill until your liking.

> > Man, this Johnsonville Hot Tub sure looks interesting:

> >http://www.johnsonville.com/home/rec...red-recipe.htm...

> > Anthony

> Look at a real grill, too.
>
> A "Manly" grill.
>
> http://www3.johnsonville.com/bigtastegrill/

And just how does Anthony get that into a highrise apartment
building?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 20 May 2008 22:49:33 -0700, Blinky the Shark

>> On Tue, 20 May 2008 11:36:01 -0700 (PDT), John Kane
>> > wrote:

>>>And just how does Anthony get that into a highrise apartment
>>>building?

>> That's a dumb question.... rent a crane. In any case, I'd love to
>> rent that for an event!

>I tried to rent a crane, once. I couldn't afford it. I had to settle for
>renting a heron.

<straight face> Serves me right for feeding you a straight line by
deleting too much text. LOLOL! Good one, Blinky.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On Tue, 20 May 2008 22:49:33 -0700, Blinky the Shark
> > wrote:
>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, 20 May 2008 11:36:01 -0700 (PDT), John Kane

>>> That's a dumb question.... rent a crane. In any case, I'd love to
>>> rent that for an event!

>>I tried to rent a crane, once. I couldn't afford it. I had to settle for
>>renting a heron.

> <straight face> Serves me right for feeding you a straight line by
> deleting too much text. LOLOL! Good one, Blinky.

<face class;"equally straight"> Thanks. A real pro would've said he
had to settle for an egret. I'm good enough for rfc, though. </face>

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 20 May 2008 23:20:04 -0700, Blinky the Shark

>> On Tue, 20 May 2008 22:49:33 -0700, Blinky the Shark
>> > wrote:

>>>I tried to rent a crane, once. I couldn't afford it. I had to settle for
>>>renting a heron.

>> <straight face> Serves me right for feeding you a straight line by
>> deleting too much text. LOLOL! Good one, Blinky.

><face class;"equally straight"> Thanks. A real pro would've said he
>had to settle for an egret. I'm good enough for rfc, though. </face>

<groan!>

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" <.> wrote in message ...
> On Tue, 20 May 2008 11:36:01 -0700 (PDT), John Kane
> > wrote:
>
>>On May 20, 3:04 am, " BOB" > wrote:
>>>
>>> A "Manly" grill.
>>>
>>> http://www3.johnsonville.com/bigtastegrill/

>>And just how does Anthony get that into a highrise apartment
>>building?

That would be his problem, wouldn't it?

> That's a dumb question.... rent a crane. In any case, I'd love to
> rent that for an event!

It's more impressive in person, until you actually see the grill inside. It
*IS* humongous, and yes, most likely it is "the worlds largest grill", but
in relation to the size of the trailer, I expected more. There's an entire
kitchen in there, with a couple of restuarant-sized sinks, and much prep
area.

I saw it at the Lakeland Pig Fest http://lakelandpigfest.com/ last January.
Johnsonville was a major sponsor of the Pig Fest.

BOB

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 23 May 2008 20:32:19 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:

>"sf" <.> wrote in message ...
>> On Tue, 20 May 2008 11:36:01 -0700 (PDT), John Kane
>> > wrote:

>>>And just how does Anthony get that into a highrise apartment
>>>building?

>That would be his problem, wouldn't it?
>>
>> That's a dumb question.... rent a crane. In any case, I'd love to
>> rent that for an event!

>It's more impressive in person, until you actually see the grill inside. It
>*IS* humongous, and yes, most likely it is "the worlds largest grill", but
>in relation to the size of the trailer, I expected more. There's an entire
>kitchen in there, with a couple of restuarant-sized sinks, and much prep
>area.

I noticed it wasn't one big bbq and there were different areas, now I
know what they are.

>I saw it at the Lakeland Pig Fest http://lakelandpigfest.com/ last January.
>Johnsonville was a major sponsor of the Pig Fest.

I wonder if that BBQ truck ever comes out to California.... sorta like
the Oscar Meyer truck does? Actually, they should have regional
trucks, if only to save on mileage. In any case: What a great
"event" truck - weddings, dead spreads, corporate events, birthday
parties (LOL)!

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" <.> wrote in message ...
> On Fri, 23 May 2008 20:32:19 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:
>

>>"sf" <.> wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Tue, 20 May 2008 11:36:01 -0700 (PDT), John Kane

>>That would be his problem, wouldn't it?
>>>
>>> That's a dumb question.... rent a crane. In any case, I'd love to
>>> rent that for an event!

>>It's more impressive in person, until you actually see the grill inside.
>>It
>>*IS* humongous, and yes, most likely it is "the worlds largest grill", but
>>in relation to the size of the trailer, I expected more. There's an
>>entire
>>kitchen in there, with a couple of restuarant-sized sinks, and much prep
>>area.

> I noticed it wasn't one big bbq and there were different areas, now I
> know what they are.
>>
>>I saw it at the Lakeland Pig Fest http://lakelandpigfest.com/ last
>>January.
>>Johnsonville was a major sponsor of the Pig Fest.
>>

> I wonder if that BBQ truck ever comes out to California.... sorta like
> the Oscar Meyer truck does? Actually, they should have regional
> trucks, if only to save on mileage. In any case: What a great
> "event" truck - weddings, dead spreads, corporate events, birthday
> parties (LOL)!

http://www3.johnsonville.com/bigtastegrill/
"Weekend events need a minimum of 25000 people"

http://www3.johnsonville.com/bigtastegrill/
"Mirimar MCAS Air Show-San Diago, Ca"

Oops. It keeps going to the home page. Click on the "Events" for my first
quote, and "Tell me More" for the second.

BOB

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 May 2008 00:03:21 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:

>http://www3.johnsonville.com/bigtastegrill/
>"Weekend events need a minimum of 25000 people"
>
>http://www3.johnsonville.com/bigtastegrill/
>"Mirimar MCAS Air Show-San Diago, Ca"
>
>Oops. It keeps going to the home page. Click on the "Events" for my first
>quote, and "Tell me More" for the second.

k - will do, thanks