patg

Default A Cook's Tour of Minnesota Book Signing

Was finishing up a job early Sat morning and turned on WCCO and who was
on but Ann Burckhardt and Melba!

That half eaten jar of Melba's jam, that Melba signed some ten years
ago, has got to be worth something now!

I know the book signing is at Mall of America on Nov 1st, but at which
book store?

Any help Melba?

patg
www.patswoodshop.com
(Boy I'll shill for anyone for a buck.)
Melba's Jammin'

In article > , patg
> wrote:

> Was finishing up a job early Sat morning and turned on WCCO and who was
> on but Ann Burckhardt and Melba!
>
> That half eaten jar of Melba's jam, that Melba signed some ten years
> ago, has got to be worth something now!
>
> I know the book signing is at Mall of America on Nov 1st, but at which
> book store?
>
> Any help Melba?
>
> patg
> www.patswoodshop.com
> (Boy I'll shill for anyone for a buck.)

Hi, Pat!! You were up early. (Me, too. Ann picked me up at 5:30 am.)
Barnes & Noble. (And you gotta quit smoking them mushrooms, Hon. That
Gedney jam of mine has been on the market since May, 1996.) "-)

The radio thang was fun. I brought brownies in for Charlie Boone
(broadcaster extraordinaire) and crew and one of the Cream Cheese Coffee
Cakes for them, too. Such a deal.
--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)
Rick & Cyndi

"Melba's Jammin'"

<passing the jam...>

: The radio thang was fun. I brought brownies in for Charlie
Boone
: (broadcaster extraordinaire) and crew and one of the Cream
Cheese Coffee
: Cakes for them, too. Such a deal.
: --
: -Barb
========

Speaking of *your* Cream Cheese Coffee Cakes... !

I made them last week. OH MY STARS!!! Barb, they were
fabulous!!

Using the recipe for 6 - I did 3 in individual (8 or 9 inch) foil
cake pans and used the other half of the recipe in a large 3 or 4
quart baking dish. Perfect. They were PERFECT, I tell ya!
Great reviews by all. In fact, it's already been requested that
I bake 1 (okay, a few!) for when some of the OOTs (Out Of
Towners) come in for Turkey Day.

Thanks Barb. Your recipe is definitely a keeper!

Cyndi
<Remove a "b" to reply>

Melba's Jammin'

In article <JfXmb.36737$Fm2.14798@attbi_s04>, "Rick & Cyndi"
> wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'"
>
> <passing the jam...>
>
> : The radio thang was fun. I brought brownies in for Charlie Boone
> : (broadcaster extraordinaire) and crew and one of the Cream Cheese
> : Coffee Cakes for them, too. Such a deal. --

> : -Barb
> ========
>
> Speaking of *your* Cream Cheese Coffee Cakes... !
>
> I made them last week. OH MY STARS!!! Barb, they were
> fabulous!!

<blush> <I told you so, I told you so!>

> Using the recipe for 6 - I did 3 in individual (8 or 9 inch) foil
> cake pans and used the other half of the recipe in a large 3 or 4
> quart baking dish. Perfect. They were PERFECT, I tell ya!
> Great reviews by all. In fact, it's already been requested that
> I bake 1 (okay, a few!) for when some of the OOTs (Out Of
> Towners) come in for Turkey Day.
>
> Thanks Barb. Your recipe is definitely a keeper!
>
> Cyndi
> <Remove a "b" to reply>

Well, thank you, Jesus!! I'm so glad to hear of someone actually doing
it!! Is it not just the best!? Did I mention that some folks serve it
more as a cheesecake (it is not), with fresh fruit atop? Make six at a
time and freeze them. Can't be beat for something impressive in a
pinch -- just pull it from the freezer!

The "recpe for 6" to which Cyndi refers is on my website. I never make
just one.
--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)