jmcquown

Default Breakfast

The clock says 4:23, my mind says 5:23.... I hate the time changes!

Sorry, Michael (Dog3), it's Sunday and I'm going to have to go *all out*.
First I have to have my coffee. Stockholm Roast from Gevalia. Black.

In an hour or so I'll be mixing buttermilk biscuits and I'll also bake some
bacon on my cast iron griddle. In the drippings I'll fry diced potatoes
with onion seasoned with Penzey's Pariesienne. Then I'll fry some eggs.
What the heck, I might even make pancakes I've got some pure maple
syrup...

Jill

Bob

Jill wrote:

> Sorry, Michael (Dog3), it's Sunday and I'm going to have to go *all out*.
> First I have to have my coffee. Stockholm Roast from Gevalia. Black.
>
> In an hour or so I'll be mixing buttermilk biscuits and I'll also bake
> some bacon on my cast iron griddle. In the drippings I'll fry diced
> potatoes with onion seasoned with Penzey's Pariesienne. Then I'll fry
> some eggs. What the heck, I might even make pancakes I've got some
> pure maple syrup...

Since you've got maple syrup, why not make grits instead of the potatoes?
You can put cheese and chipotles in half the grits and maple syrup on the
other half. That way grits serves the purpose of BOTH the potatoes and the
pancakes, and you'll be able to critique Alan's suggestion of maple syrup on
grits. (Or you could go in an Indian-pudding direction and use molasses
instead.)

Bob