Dinesh Mahtani \(Dino\)

Default Tandori Chicken Pasta

Hello again!

I was thinking of creating the above dish for a dinner party... has anyone
done it before? I know how to make the Tandoori Chicken, and I was thinking
of a tandori flavored type of white sauce so its not too dry... any tips on
the best type of pasta to use? Or any suggestions for the sauce?

I'm still new at cooking... just took over from my mom... was her
"Sous-Chef" for a while... but shes too tired now days when she comes home
from work... so I'm trying to help out.

Thanks in advance!

Dinesh

Curly Sue

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 05:56:37 GMT, "Dinesh Mahtani \(Dino\)"
> wrote:

>Hello again!
>
>I was thinking of creating the above dish for a dinner party... has anyone
>done it before? I know how to make the Tandoori Chicken, and I was thinking
>of a tandori flavored type of white sauce so its not too dry... any tips on
>the best type of pasta to use? Or any suggestions for the sauce?

How about adding yogurt for the "white sauce"? Just don't boil the
sauce after adding the yogurt.

Pasta? Fettuccini would be nice for a dinner party. Or penne rigati.

>I'm still new at cooking... just took over from my mom... was her
>"Sous-Chef" for a while... but shes too tired now days when she comes home
>from work... so I'm trying to help out.

That's great. It sounds like you have a creative streak too :>

Sue(tm)
Arri London

"Dinesh Mahtani (Dino)" wrote:

> Hello again!
>
> I was thinking of creating the above dish for a dinner party... has anyone
> done it before? I know how to make the Tandoori Chicken, and I was thinking
> of a tandori flavored type of white sauce so its not too dry... any tips on
> the best type of pasta to use? Or any suggestions for the sauce?
>
> I'm still new at cooking... just took over from my mom... was her
> "Sous-Chef" for a while... but shes too tired now days when she comes home
> from work... so I'm trying to help out.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Dinesh

Never made it but used to buy something similar ready-made in London. It
was mostly as you said, a white sauce flavoured with tandoori chicken
seasonings. Might have had yoghurt in it. If you use yoghurt, add it at
the last moment, so it doesn't curdle.

The pasta used will depend on how thick you end up making the sauce.
Thinner sauces tend to stick to smaller shapes and the strand sorts of
pasta. Thicker sauces go better with the hollow sorts.

Good for you for trying to help out! Good luck with your dinner party.
Sylvia

Good for you, helping your mom!

Are you thinking about putting the tandoori chicken *in* the sauce?
Personally I wouldn't like that -- I'm afraid the more subtle tandoori
flavors will be lost.

Tandoori chicken with a suitable sauce on pasta as a side dish, however,
sounds wonderful. Any yogurt-based sauce would probably work fine,
although I'd personally probably lean towards an alfredo sauce (maybe a
little light on the Parmesan). Or maybe a simple white sauce with lots
of fresh basil and tarragon added. Do you have some cookbooks to look
up recipes?

For pasta, I think angel hair would be perfect, but bows or noodles
would work well also. I think I'd avoid big chunky pasta but I'm not
sure why -- just strikes me as wrong somehow.

--
Sylvia Steiger RN, homeschooling mom since Nov 1995
http://www.SteigerFamily.com

Dinesh Mahtani \(Dino\)

Hi everyone,

Thanks soooo much for your tips and suggestions... I really appreciate them!

I dont have a cookbook as there is so much information on the internet...
plus its so easy to search for a recipe online... and I've found some great
sites too through the FAQ for this newsgroup.

I was thinking of making the pasta & sauce and then putting the tandoori
chicken on top of that... not really mixing it into the sauce... but still
creating a kind of fusion... I'm using whole chicken breasts so hopefully
that wont be too bad.

Great idea with the alfredo sauce... think thats what I'm going to use...
just looked up the recipe and it seems simple enough... Would you all
recommend the nutmeg in the alfredo sauce? Or do you all think that would
be too many different flavors?

For the pasta I'm going to pick either angel hair or fettucine... whichever
is available fresh. If not available fresh... the first one I see... or
maybe pricewise.

Tomorrows the tester night... I get to cook for myself... and see if this
works... will let you all know.

Once again... thanks so much for your help!

Best wishes,

Dinesh

"Sylvia" > wrote in message
> Good for you, helping your mom!
>
> Are you thinking about putting the tandoori chicken *in* the sauce?
> Personally I wouldn't like that -- I'm afraid the more subtle tandoori
> flavors will be lost.
>
> Tandoori chicken with a suitable sauce on pasta as a side dish, however,
> sounds wonderful. Any yogurt-based sauce would probably work fine,
> although I'd personally probably lean towards an alfredo sauce (maybe a
> little light on the Parmesan). Or maybe a simple white sauce with lots
> of fresh basil and tarragon added. Do you have some cookbooks to look
> up recipes?
>
> For pasta, I think angel hair would be perfect, but bows or noodles
> would work well also. I think I'd avoid big chunky pasta but I'm not
> sure why -- just strikes me as wrong somehow.
>

> --
> Sylvia Steiger RN, homeschooling mom since Nov 1995
> http://www.SteigerFamily.com
> Cheyenne WY, USDA zone 5a, Sunset zone 1a
> Home of the Wyoming Wind Festival, January 1-December 31
> Remove "removethis" from address to reply

Sylvia

How did it go?

Good point about the nutmeg in the alfredo sauce. On the one hand, it
might be overkill; on the other hand, some of the tandoori spices are
"sweet" spices so it might complement the tandoori flavor quite nicely.
Which did you do and how did it come out?

--
Sylvia Steiger RN, homeschooling mom since Nov 1995
http://www.SteigerFamily.com
Cheyenne WY, USDA zone 5a, Sunset zone 1a
Home of the Wyoming Wind Festival, January 1-December 31
Remove "removethis" from address to reply

Dave Smith

"Dinesh Mahtani (Dino)" wrote:

> I was thinking of creating the above dish for a dinner party... has anyone
> done it before? I know how to make the Tandoori Chicken, and I was thinking
> of a tandori flavored type of white sauce so its not too dry... any tips on
> the best type of pasta to use? Or any suggestions for the sauce?
>
> I'm still new at cooking... just took over from my mom... was her
> "Sous-Chef" for a while... but shes too tired now days when she comes home
> from work... so I'm trying to help out.

Sorry, but the thought of Tandoori chicken with pasta is not very appealing to
me. How about a Chinese type chicken stir fry with pasta. I use chunks of
chicken, shrimp, onion, red and green peppers, thinly sliced carrot and snow
peas and make a sauce with soya sauce, Hoisin sauce and chicken brother
thickened with corn starch and water. Serve on angle hair pasta. It's
delicious.

Dinesh Mahtani \(Dino\)

Hi there!

I decided to go just with the alfredo sauce (with a little nutmeg) over some
nice fresh spinach fettuccine... some people mentioned that the tandoori
chicken may not go as well as I thought with the pasta... so I skipped it
for the dinner and will try it on myself instead... maybe tonight... got
some seasoned chicken and I'm not sure what to do with it... and I've got
the left over pasta and alfredo sauce... hmmm... getting hungry.. better go
an marinate the tandoori chicken then...

Take care, and thanks for the info!

Dinesh

> How did it go?
>
> Good point about the nutmeg in the alfredo sauce. On the one hand, it
> might be overkill; on the other hand, some of the tandoori spices are
> "sweet" spices so it might complement the tandoori flavor quite nicely.
> Which did you do and how did it come out?

Chicken Caesar Pasta jacqueline austin Recipes (moderated) 0 23-05-2007 01:32 PM
Chicken with Pasta and Walnuts Tim Recipes 0 29-08-2005 12:15 PM
Chicken pasta salad Tim Recipes 0 13-08-2005 11:42 AM
Chicken & Pasta Tim Recipes 0 08-08-2005 03:44 PM
Chicken And Pasta Casserole 7Hawks Recipes (moderated) 0 27-11-2004 04:00 PM