Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default This sounds refreshing!

Strawberry Lemonade

1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
1 c. fresh lemon juice
4 c. sugar
cold water
lemon slices and whole strawberries for garnish
Place berries in a large saucepan with lemon juice and sugar. Bring to a
boil and cook, stirring until sugar dissolves. Let cool. Strain well,
pressing with the back of a large spoon to extract juice. Strain again and
transfer to refrigerator to chill. Mix 1 part strawberry syrup with 3 parts
cold water. Pour over ice and garnish with lemon slices and strawberries.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Strawberry Lemonade
>
> 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
> 1 c. fresh lemon juice
> 4 c. sugar
> cold water
> lemon slices and whole strawberries for garnish
> Place berries in a large saucepan with lemon juice and sugar. Bring to a
> boil and cook, stirring until sugar dissolves. Let cool. Strain well,
> pressing with the back of a large spoon to extract juice. Strain again and
> transfer to refrigerator to chill. Mix 1 part strawberry syrup with 3 parts
> cold water. Pour over ice and garnish with lemon slices and strawberries.

Strawberry lemonade is one of my favorite drinks at the steak place.
Mmmmm.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Place berries in a large saucepan with lemon juice and sugar. Bring to a
> boil and cook, stirring until sugar dissolves. Let cool. Strain well,
> pressing with the back of a large spoon to extract juice. Strain again and
> transfer to refrigerator to chill. Mix 1 part strawberry syrup with 3 parts
> cold water. Pour over ice and garnish with lemon slices and strawberries.
>
> Jill

What? No rum?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Place berries in a large saucepan with lemon juice and sugar. Bring
>> to a boil and cook, stirring until sugar dissolves. Let cool.
>> Strain well, pressing with the back of a large spoon to extract
>> juice. Strain again and transfer to refrigerator to chill. Mix 1
>> part strawberry syrup with 3 parts cold water. Pour over ice and
>> garnish with lemon slices and strawberries.
>>
>> Jill

> What? No rum?

Add some to yours if you wish

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Mark Thorson wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:
> >>
> >> Place berries in a large saucepan with lemon juice and sugar. Bring
> >> to a boil and cook, stirring until sugar dissolves. Let cool.
> >> Strain well, pressing with the back of a large spoon to extract
> >> juice. Strain again and transfer to refrigerator to chill. Mix 1
> >> part strawberry syrup with 3 parts cold water. Pour over ice and
> >> garnish with lemon slices and strawberries.
> >>
> >> Jill

> > What? No rum?

> Add some to yours if you wish

You betcha, lady! Where come the rum boshul bittle put thing . . .