FoodBanter.com

-   -   Balsamic Reduction? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/155342-balsamic-reduction.html)

The Ranger[_6_] 12-05-2008 02:23 AM

Balsamic Reduction?

Once upon a time, someone posted a delicious balsamic reduction
over a poached Granny Smith recipe to RFC. Darned if I can get
Gooja to urp the post to that recipe, though.

Does anyone have that tried-and-true recipe (and that they're
willing to share again?)

It might even have been over Bartlet or Bosq pears...

Many thanks.

The Ranger[_6_] 12-05-2008 02:33 PM

Balsamic Reduction?

Michael "Dog3" wrote in message
6.121...
"The Ranger" dropped this
ndwidth: in
rec.food.cooking...

Once upon a time, someone posted a delicious
balsamic reduction over a poached Granny Smith
recipe to RFC. Darned if I can get Gooja to urp
the post to that recipe, though.

Does anyone have that tried-and-true recipe (and
that they're willing to share again?)

It might even have been over Bartlet or Bosq pears...

Many thanks.

I remember that recipe and I think it might have been
with Bosq pears. I don't think I have that exact recipe
but I have this one from Gourmet magazine. Not sure
which issue or which year it is from. The balsamic is
not reduced in this recipe but it could be, and I'll bet
it would be awesome.

Ingredients

2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 firm-ripe Bosc pears, halved lengthwise and cored
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
4 oz Manchego or mild fresh goat cheese, cut into 4
pieces, at room temperature
1/4 cup honey

Preparation

Preheat oven to 400F.
Melt butter in an 8-inch square glass baking dish in
middle of oven, about 3 minutes.

Arrange pears, cut sides down, in 1 layer in butter
and roast in middle of oven until tender, about 20
minutes.

Pour vinegar over pears and roast 5 minutes more.

Transfer pears, cut sides down, to serving plates
with cheese and spoon some of juices from baking
dish over pears. Drizzle pears and cheese with
honey and sprinkle with pepper.

Thank you, Michael. If that's not it, it's pretty darned close.

The Ranger

tatiana suarez 12-05-2008 07:54 PM

Balsamic Reduction?

Hi, here is the balsamic reduction that I make, it's delicious and cheaper
than the bought one. I hope you like it.

You only need to put a bottle of balsamic vinegar in a pan with a few
tablespoons of sugar (I like it quite sweet) over low heat until sugar
dissolves. Then bring to the boil and let reduce until syrupy consistency.

Regards,

Tatiana.
"