Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Prepared foods. Bread made from chickpea flour.

Where around the Cambridge Somerville Boston Brookline metropolitan
area are there any specialty shops that offer bread made from chickpea
flour already prepared?... or restaurants that prepare bread made from
chickpea flour for takeout?... or already prepared bread made from
chickpea flour available by mail order?...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

the zak wrote:
> Where around the Cambridge Somerville Boston Brookline metropolitan
> area are there any specialty shops that offer bread made from chickpea
> flour already prepared?... or restaurants that prepare bread made from
> chickpea flour for takeout?... or already prepared bread made from
> chickpea flour available by mail order?...

Indian places come to mind, Don. No one in particular. I'll try to
keep this in mind as I go to them though.

Also, perhaps Indian grocery stores. Do you want that as the total
grainy-legumy component, or can it be chickpea flour plus other things?

--

Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 11, 12:27 pm, "Jean B." > wrote:
> the zak wrote:
> > Where around the Cambridge Somerville Boston Brookline metropolitan
> > area are there any specialty shops that offer bread made from chickpea
> > flour already prepared?... or restaurants that prepare bread made from
> > chickpea flour for takeout?... or already prepared bread made from
> > chickpea flour available by mail order?...

> Indian places come to mind, Don. No one in particular. I'll try to
> keep this in mind as I go to them though.
>
> Also, perhaps Indian grocery stores. Do you want that as the total
> grainy-legumy component, or can it be chickpea flour plus other things?
>
> --
>
> Jean B.

Thank you! Prepared both as the just bread from chickpea flour itself
and as a base for another bread.

Already have tried many restaurants and specialty shops with
foods from India including Little India Union Square Somerville and
Shalimar Central Square Cambridge

I understand bread made from chickpea flour is also a regional
specialty
of a couple towns in Southeast France and a town in Northern Italy.
And
yet if you go to the next town they never heard of it !
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 11, 8:02 pm, "pfoley" > wrote:
> "the zak" > wrote in message
>
> ...> Where around the Cambridge Somerville Boston Brookline metropolitan
> > area are there any specialty shops that offer bread made from chickpea
> > flour already prepared?... or restaurants that prepare bread made from
> > chickpea flour for takeout?... or already prepared bread made from
> > chickpea flour available by mail order?...

> =========
> You could try Whole Foods Store in Brighton and Fresh Pond Cambridge.http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stor...s.php?state=ma
>
> You could also try Panera Rest for chickpea bread.http://www.yellowpages.com/nationwid...a-bread/state-...

Thank you !

Regrettably neither... lucked out at many such places already.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

the zak wrote:
> On May 11, 12:27 pm, "Jean B." > wrote:
>> the zak wrote:
>>> Where around the Cambridge Somerville Boston Brookline metropolitan
>>> area are there any specialty shops that offer bread made from chickpea
>>> flour already prepared?... or restaurants that prepare bread made from
>>> chickpea flour for takeout?... or already prepared bread made from
>>> chickpea flour available by mail order?...

>> Indian places come to mind, Don. No one in particular. I'll try to
>> keep this in mind as I go to them though.
>>
>> Also, perhaps Indian grocery stores. Do you want that as the total
>> grainy-legumy component, or can it be chickpea flour plus other things?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Jean B.

> Thank you! Prepared both as the just bread from chickpea flour itself
> and as a base for another bread.
>
> Already have tried many restaurants and specialty shops with
> foods from India including Little India Union Square Somerville and
> Shalimar Central Square Cambridge
>
> I understand bread made from chickpea flour is also a regional
> specialty
> of a couple towns in Southeast France and a town in Northern Italy.
> And
> yet if you go to the next town they never heard of it !

After all these years, I haven't absorbed whether you cook. I know one
can get chickpea flour, if that is any use to you.

Out of curiosity, why chickpea flour and not flour made from other legumes?

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"the zak" > wrote in message
> Where around the Cambridge Somerville Boston Brookline metropolitan
> area are there any specialty shops that offer bread made from chickpea
> flour already prepared?... or restaurants that prepare bread made from
> chickpea flour for takeout?... or already prepared bread made from
> chickpea flour available by mail order?...

=========
You could try Whole Foods Store in Brighton and Fresh Pond Cambridge.
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stor...s.php?state=ma

You could also try Panera Rest for chickpea bread.
http://www.yellowpages.com/nationwid...s=panera+bread

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"the zak" > wrote in message
> On May 11, 8:02 pm, "pfoley" > wrote:
> > "the zak" > wrote in message

...>
Where around the Cambridge Somerville Boston Brookline metropolitan
> > > area are there any specialty shops that offer bread made from chickpea
> > > flour already prepared?... or restaurants that prepare bread made from
> > > chickpea flour for takeout?... or already prepared bread made from
> > > chickpea flour available by mail order?...

> > =========
> > You could try Whole Foods Store in Brighton and Fresh Pond

Cambridge.http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stor...s.php?state=ma

> > You could also try Panera Rest for chickpea

bread.http://www.yellowpages.com/nationwid...a-bread/state-.

> Thank you !
>
> Regrettably neither... lucked out at many such places already.

========
Are chickpea breads also called gluten free. Try doing a search for gluten
free bread stores in MA. Trader Joes might be another place to try.