JorgNS

Default Anyone used Quillon?

I was told Quillon is similar to parchment, but I've never used it before.
Does it differ much from parchment? One of the warehouse stores is selling it,
but I need to buy it by volume. I don't want to invest the money if it's not
similar to parchment. I only know that it is not kosher.
George

"JorgNS" > wrote in message
> I was told Quillon is similar to parchment, but I've never used it before.
> Does it differ much from parchment? One of the warehouse stores is

selling it,
> but I need to buy it by volume. I don't want to invest the money if it's

not
> similar to parchment. I only know that it is not kosher.

Seems to be a common commercially used product:

Quilon®
The family of Quilon products are chemical treatments that impart release or
water repellency to various surfaces. Quilon is used to treat paper, film,
and leather to give both adhesive release and water repellency in hot or
cold temperatures. Primary applications are bakery pan liner, glassine
paper, mold lining paper for artificial leather, candy wrappers, and masking
tape. Other useful properties include crosslinking of polymers for enhanced
durability, no-slippery water resistance finishes, anti-static finishes, and
grease resistance when used with certain water-soluble polymers. Quilon is
both Kosher and FDA approved.The family of Quilon products are chemical