Posted to rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.south-africa

Default Free Cookery Book

Here's a wonderful free Cookery Book for any foodies present:

http://unow.nottingham.ac.uk/resourc...e-f2f6f72e1381

Not only can you explore some exciting new receipts, but you can brush
up on your anatomy at the same time! It has some fascinating facts in
it as well.

It is an open-source book, meaning that you can add to it as long as
you keep the attributions.

I was wondering if a chapter on the brain might be interesting - it'd
probably work best with a pork, lamb and beef brain to see the
differences - they probably left it out because the anatomy is a bit
too different from human.

Tongue is probably a more useful extra chapter.

It might be the perfect winter project - ideal to make dinner party
preparation more interesting...
Posted to rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.south-africa

On May 7, 9:43 pm, Peter Brooks > wrote:

> It might be the perfect winter project - ideal to make dinner party
> preparation more interesting...

This warning comes too late for me, sadly, but never date anyone who
is thin and stays that way because he is permanently on a rigidly
regimented kilojoule-restricted eating plan. Such people might be
charming company but they make for very boring dinners. Unless of
course, one leaves them off the guest list for the evening. :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.south-africa

On May 9, 1:52*pm, Moira de Swardt > wrote:
> On May 7, 9:43 pm, Peter Brooks > wrote:
>
> > It might be the perfect winter project - ideal to make dinner party
> > preparation more interesting...

> This warning comes too late for me, sadly, but never date anyone who
> is thin and stays that way because he is permanently on a rigidly
> regimented kilojoule-restricted eating plan. *Such people might be
> charming company but they make for very boring dinners. *Unless of
> course, one leaves them off the guest list for the evening. *:-)

It is interesting that food-faddism coincides with an apparent lack of
taste. Somebody who wishes to restrict their energy intake need not be
a bunny-grub nosher only, but a surprisingly large number of them
don't realise that they could enjoy magnificently good food and simply
eat small portions.

I knew an Irish fellow once, a charming chap in most respects, who saw
food only as fuel. He loved Mcshite and took a pride in being able to
re-fuel himself at one of their establishments in a matter of minutes
from entry to exit.