Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cooling Summer Drink

I can't go to www.steamykitchen.com that I don't glean a few recipes.

I saw this and thought it would be the perfect summer drink. I finally
got around to making it today.

Got the goodies together.
http://i30.tinypic.com/8z1vmo.jpg

All blended up
http://i27.tinypic.com/105b5oj.jpg

Strained it over a little, well...a smidgen more than a little, gin.
This is so refreshing and lite, I won't be mixing my drink with tonic
much this summer. I used Splenda not sugar.
http://i26.tinypic.com/1g3l2g.jpg

Sparkling Ginger Lime Cooler
serves 6
1 (3-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger, grated on microplane grater
½ cup coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
½ cup fresh lime juice
6 cups sparking water or club soda
½ cup sugar
Pinch of salt
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
In a blender, blend together all the ingredients, except ice. Strain
and serve over lots of ice. You can also add gin or vodka too!

Contributor: Jaden's www.steamykitchen.com

Hope you try it.

koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 4/20
"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> I can't go to
www.steamykitchen.com that I don't glean a few recipes.

> I saw this and thought it would be the perfect summer drink. I finally
> got around to making it today.
>
> Got the goodies together.
> http://i30.tinypic.com/8z1vmo.jpg
>
> All blended up
> http://i27.tinypic.com/105b5oj.jpg
>
> Strained it over a little, well...a smidgen more than a little, gin.
> This is so refreshing and lite, I won't be mixing my drink with tonic
> much this summer. I used Splenda not sugar.
> http://i26.tinypic.com/1g3l2g.jpg
>
> Sparkling Ginger Lime Cooler
> serves 6
> 1 (3-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger, grated on microplane grater
> ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
> ½ cup fresh lime juice
> 6 cups sparking water or club soda
> ½ cup sugar
> Pinch of salt
> Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
> In a blender, blend together all the ingredients, except ice. Strain
> and serve over lots of ice. You can also add gin or vodka too!
>
> Contributor: Jaden's www.steamykitchen.com
>
> Hope you try it.
>
> koko
> ---
> http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
> updated 4/20
> "There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
> George Bernard Shaw

This is the recipe you posted the other day, right. I have to get some
club soda to try it. My bottle is still from New Years eve and it's gone
flat.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 20:01:10 -0500, Janet Wilder

>> I can't go to www.steamykitchen.com that I don't glean a few recipes.
>>
>> I saw this and thought it would be the perfect summer drink. I finally
>> got around to making it today.

snippage

>This is the recipe you posted the other day, right. I have to get some
>club soda to try it. My bottle is still from New Years eve and it's gone
>flat.

Girl, you need to drink more ;-)

koko
---