FoodBanter.com

-   -   18" or 19" Electric Range Sought (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/153847-18-19-electric-range.html)

Agent_C 16-04-2008 03:36 PM

18" or 19" Electric Range Sought

I am seeking to replace an 18" electric range, where the space is
simply too tight for a 20" current model.

I'm not adverse to buying a used one that's in reasonably good shape.

Any leads as to where I might procure one would be greatly
appreciated.

I'm in NYC.

A_C

sf[_3_] 17-04-2008 05:35 AM

18" or 19" Electric Range Sought

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:36:49 -0400, Agent_C
> wrote:

>I am seeking to replace an 18" electric range, where the space is
>simply too tight for a 20" current model.
>
>I'm not adverse to buying a used one that's in reasonably good shape.
>
>Any leads as to where I might procure one would be greatly
>appreciated.
>
>I'm in NYC.

I *love* Google. Plug in "20 inch kitchen stove" and see what comes
up. For instance http://www.nextag.com/20-inch-gas-range/search-html
and http://tinyurl.com/5qrnhu

If you're thinking about a dish washer too, you have both the drawer
style and an 18 inch wide version to choose from. :)

OTOH, *I* want to replace my 48 inch electric Thermadore cooktop (that
has a built in barbecue) with a newer version. Unfortunately every
cooktop with a BBQ these days seems to be GAS. Don't want it and my
mind is closed mind on the subject. Obviously, I haven't found what I
want in electric - so I'll rebuild what I have.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first

Agent_C 17-04-2008 12:10 PM

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 21:35:12 -0700, sf <.> wrote:

>I *love* Google. Plug in "20 inch kitchen stove" and see what comes
>up.

I see your problem; reading comprehension... As I said, "I am
seeking to replace an 18" electric range, where the space is simply
too tight for a 20" current model."

But thanks for the insight...

A_C

sf[_3_] 17-04-2008 03:13 PM

18" or 19" Electric Range Sought

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 07:10:35 -0400, Agent_C
> wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 21:35:12 -0700, sf <.> wrote:
>
>>I *love* Google. Plug in "20 inch kitchen stove" and see what comes
>>up.

>I see your problem; reading comprehension... As I said, "I am
>seeking to replace an 18" electric range, where the space is simply
>too tight for a 20" current model."
>
>But thanks for the insight...

I understand your problem too. You're a complete asshole. Sorry I
tried to play nice with you. Too bad, so sad, that in the *entire*
city of New York where small kitchens are the norm, YOU can't seem to
find what you're looking for.

sf
setting filters on this arrogant boob

Agent_C 17-04-2008 08:44 PM

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 07:13:11 -0700, sf <.> wrote:

>Sorry I tried to play nice with you.

You didn't... You played sarcastic ["I *love* Google" ] and you got
it thrown back in your pompous, ignorant face!

A_C

Lou Decruss[_2_] 17-04-2008 09:10 PM

18" or 19" Electric Range Sought

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:44:53 -0400, Agent_C
> wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 07:13:11 -0700, sf <.> wrote:
>
>>Sorry I tried to play nice with you.

>You didn't... You played sarcastic ["I *love* Google" ] and you got
>it thrown back in your pompous, ignorant face!
>
>A_C

It didn't you long to figure her out.

Lou

Agent_C 17-04-2008 09:35 PM

18" or 19" Electric Range Sought

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:10:51 -0500, Lou Decruss >
wrote:

>It didn't [take] you long to figure her out.

Fat & frustrated most likely...

A_C

Sheldon 17-04-2008 09:59 PM

Agent_Cooze wrote:
> Lou Decruss wrote:
>
> >It didn't [take] you long to figure her out.

> Fat & frustrated most likely...

I seriously doubt that.

What kind of Noo Yawker has to ask on a Newsgroup about where to
acquire a stoopid widdle toys r us stove... a most STOOPID Noo
Yawker... have you no shame, like there ain't any friggin' appliance
stores in all them five boros... if you can't do google hows about da
yellow pages, Agent_Cooze. Yoose are one dumb douchebag.

Agent_C 17-04-2008 10:03 PM

18" or 19" Electric Range Sought

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:59:46 -0700 (PDT), Sheldon >
wrote:

>What kind of Noo Yawker has to ask on a Newsgroup about where to
>acquire a stoopid widdle toys r us stove... a most STOOPID Noo
>Yawker... have you no shame, like there ain't any friggin' appliance
>stores in all them five boros... if you can't do google hows about da
>yellow pages, Agent_Cooze. Yoose are one dumb douchebag.

<yawn>

Sheldon 17-04-2008 10:11 PM

Agent_Cooze wrote:

> I am seeking to replace an �18" electric range, where the space is
> simply too tight for a 20" current model.
>
> I'm not adverse to buying a used one that's in reasonably good shape.
>
> Any leads as to where I might procure one would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> I'm in NYC.

Procure... what... you gonna cook on that stove or **** it... are you
a friggin' pimp... procuing for your momma, eh?

BUY a stove you cheap no good piece of shit *******.

You can't be in NYC, staten island maybe.

cshenk 17-04-2008 10:49 PM

Agent_Cooze wrote:

> I am seeking to replace an ?18" electric range, where the space is
> simply too tight for a 20" current model.

Took a bit to find anything!

http://www.rvstuffusa.com/wedgewoodv...rbyatwood.html
(Wedgewood 17 inch there)

http://www.ducktec.com/index.html
(couple of different ones here)

More seraches will probably do better. It wasnt til I thought about the
smaller ones for RV use that I was able to find any.

Agent_C 18-04-2008 12:28 AM

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 17:49:09 -0400, "cshenk" > wrote:

>More seraches will probably do better. It wasnt til I thought about the
>smaller ones for RV use that I was able to find any.

Brilliant! Thanks so much!

BTW, how many Sockpuppets does "<.>" have???

A_C

Matthew L. Martin 18-04-2008 12:40 AM

Agent_C wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 17:49:09 -0400, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
>> More seraches will probably do better. It wasnt til I thought about the
>> smaller ones for RV use that I was able to find any.

> Brilliant! Thanks so much!
>
> BTW, how many Sockpuppets does "<.>" have???

All of them, evidently.

Matthew

--
"All you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right kind of
people". Alexander Bullock ("My Man Godfrey" 1936):

cshenk 18-04-2008 01:23 AM

18" or 19" Electric Range Sought

"Agent_C" wrote
"cshenk" <cs> wrote:

>>More seraches will probably do better. It wasnt til I thought about the
>>smaller ones for RV use that I was able to find any.

> Brilliant! Thanks so much!

Heheh it sparked my interest to see what was there.

> BTW, how many Sockpuppets does "<.>" have???

Apologies but I'm a simple sort and have no idea what a 'sockpuppet' is,
unless you mean the real one made of tube socks and you put yarn hair and
eyeballs on it etc!

Sheldon 18-04-2008 02:22 AM

On Apr 17, 5:49�pm, "cshenk" > wrote:
> Agent_Cooze wrote:
>
> > I am seeking to replace an ?18" electric range, where the space is
> > simply too tight for a 20" current model.

> Took a bit to find anything!
>
> http://www.rvstuffusa.com/wedgewoodv...ndcoverbyatwoo...
> (Wedgewood 17 inch there)
>
> http://www.ducktec.com/index.html
> (couple of different ones here)
>
> More seraches will probably do better. �It wasnt til I thought about the
> smaller ones for RV use that I was able to find any.

The RV units may not be legal for in home use, probably not in NYC.
And RV units will be built for propane and probably can't be converted
to natural gas.

sf[_3_] 18-04-2008 06:58 AM

wrote:

>Agent_Cooze wrote:
>> Lou Decruss wrote:
>>
>> >It didn't [take] you long to figure her out.

>> Fat & frustrated most likely...

>I seriously doubt that.
>
>What kind of Noo Yawker has to ask on a Newsgroup about where to
>acquire a stoopid widdle toys r us stove... a most STOOPID Noo
>Yawker... have you no shame, like there ain't any friggin' appliance
>stores in all them five boros... if you can't do google hows about da
>yellow pages, Agent_Cooze. Yoose are one dumb douchebag.

Thank you, Sheldon. I think that's the first time in all the years
we've been together that you "got my back".

Please don't sexualize my comment because you'll ruin the moment.

;)

sf[_3_] 18-04-2008 07:01 AM

18" or 19" Electric Range Sought

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 17:49:09 -0400, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Agent_Cooze wrote:
>>
>> I am seeking to replace an ?18" electric range, where the space is
>> simply too tight for a 20" current model.

>Took a bit to find anything!
>
>http://www.rvstuffusa.com/wedgewoodv...rbyatwood.html
>(Wedgewood 17 inch there)
>
>http://www.ducktec.com/index.html
>(couple of different ones here)
>
>More seraches will probably do better. It wasnt til I thought about the
>smaller ones for RV use that I was able to find any.

OH, so what you're really saying is "If you really *tried* to find
one online, you could"? LOL! What a discovery!

sf[_3_] 18-04-2008 07:07 AM

18" or 19" Electric Range Sought

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:40:00 -0400, "Matthew L. Martin"
> wrote:

>Agent_C wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 17:49:09 -0400, "cshenk" > wrote:
>>
>>> More seraches will probably do better. It wasnt til I thought about the
>>> smaller ones for RV use that I was able to find any.

>> Brilliant! Thanks so much!
>>
>> BTW, how many Sockpuppets does "<.>" have???

>All of them, evidently.
>
>Matthew

Obviously, you don't know us very well.

Agent_C 18-04-2008 12:30 PM

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 23:07:34 -0700, sf <.> wrote:

>Obviously, you don't know [*** us ***] very well.

Shall we start calling you Sybil?

A_C

Sheldon 18-04-2008 01:17 PM

On Apr 18, 1:58�am, sf <.> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:59:46 -0700 (PDT), Sheldon >
> wrote:
>
> >Agent_Cooze wrote:

> >> Fat & frustrated most likely...

> >I seriously doubt that.

> >What kind of Noo Yawker has to ask on a Newsgroup about where to
> >acquire a stoopid widdle toys r us stove... a most STOOPID Noo
> >Yawker... have you no shame, like there ain't any friggin' appliance
> >stores in all them five boros... if you can't do google hows about da
> >yellow pages, Agent_Cooze. �Yoose are one dumb douchebag.

> Thank you, Sheldon. �I think that's the first time in all the years
> we've been together that you "got my back". �

I'm the best back watcher you'll ever know... it's a Brooklyn thing.

cshenk 18-04-2008 06:22 PM

18" or 19" Electric Range Sought

"Sheldon" wrote
> Agent_Cooze wrote:
>
> > I am seeking to replace an ?18" electric range, where the space is
> > simply too tight for a 20" current model.

> Took a bit to find anything!
>
> http://www.rvstuffusa.com/wedgewoodv...ndcoverbyatwoo...
> (Wedgewood 17 inch there)
>
> http://www.ducktec.com/index.html
> (couple of different ones here)
>
> More seraches will probably do better. ?It wasnt til I thought about the
> smaller ones for RV use that I was able to find any.

>The RV units may not be legal for in home use, probably not in NYC.
>And RV units will be built for propane and probably can't be converted
>to natural gas.

They come in gas and electric types and yes, they are legal for home use.
They are simply smaller than one would normally use in a house.

cshenk 18-04-2008 06:28 PM

18" or 19" Electric Range Sought

"sf" wrote
cshenk" wrote:

>>smaller ones for RV use that I was able to find any.
>>

> OH, so what you're really saying is "If you really *tried* to find
> one online, you could"? LOL! What a discovery!

sf, you may want to track who said what. He didnt find them and I found it
interesting so hunted about and found'em so sent him a few links.

I'll add if you can read Japanese, you'll find more of them easily. An 18
inch stove there is considered a big one. It's western-think to assume
everyone has a stove (with oven).

Sheldon 18-04-2008 07:08 PM

On Apr 18, 1:22�pm, "cshenk" > wrote:
> "Sheldon" wrote
>

> > Agent_Cooze wrote:

> > > I am seeking to replace an ?18" electric range, where the space is
> > > simply too tight for a 20" current model.

> > Took a bit to find anything!

> >http://www.rvstuffusa.com/wedgewoodv...ndcoverbyatwoo...
> > (Wedgewood 17 inch there)

> >http://www.ducktec.com/index.html
> > (couple of different ones here)

> > More seraches will probably do better. ?It wasnt til I thought about the
> > smaller ones for RV use that I was able to find any.
> >
> >The RV units may not be legal for in home use, probably not in NYC.
> >And RV units will be built for propane and probably can't be converted
> >to natural gas.

> They come in gas and electric types and yes, they are legal for home use.

You didn't read what I wrote. RV stoves may be fine in some backwater
burg but not NYC. And RV stoves will be rigged for propane and most
likely not adaptable for natural gas because no one will have natural
gas in an RV. But NYC has natural gas throughout by default, awdn I
seriouly doubt the NYC fire codes will permit propane indoors.

cshenk 18-04-2008 07:28 PM

18" or 19" Electric Range Sought

"Sheldon" wrote

> >http://www.rvstuffusa.com/wedgewoodv...ndcoverbyatwoo...
> > (Wedgewood 17 inch there)

> >http://www.ducktec.com/index.html
> > (couple of different ones here)

> > More seraches will probably do better. ?It wasnt til I thought about the
> > smaller ones for RV use that I was able to find any.
> >
> >The RV units may not be legal for in home use, probably not in NYC.
> >And RV units will be built for propane and probably can't be converted
> >to natural gas.

> They come in gas and electric types and yes, they are legal for home use.

>You didn't read what I wrote. RV stoves may be fine in some backwater
> burg but not NYC.

I did read what you wrote and these are just small units as i said.

> And RV stoves will be rigged for propane and most
>likely not adaptable for natural gas because no one will have natural
>gas in an RV. But NYC has natural gas throughout by default, awdn I
>seriouly doubt the NYC fire codes will permit propane indoors.

You look very foolish due to not checking the links. These are electric
units.\

Sheldon 18-04-2008 07:48 PM

On Apr 18, 1:28�pm, "cshenk" > wrote:
> "sf" wrote
>
> cshenk" wrote:
> >>smaller ones for RV use that I was able to find any.

> > OH, so what �you're really saying is "If you really *tried* to find
> > one online, you could"? �LOL! �What a discovery!

> sf, you may want to track who said what. �He didnt find them and I found it
> interesting so hunted about and found'em so sent him a few links.
>
> I'll add if you can read Japanese, you'll find more of them easily. An 18
> inch stove there is considered a big one. �It's western-think to assume
> everyone has a stove (with oven).

Reading Japanese and Japanese life style has nothing to do with it...
there are plenty of small stoves available in the US. Any commercial
cooking supply emporium will have many configurations of small
electric and gas stoves, and only like 12" wide.

http://store.bowerykitchens.com/gaselshorsto.html

If the OP had a functioning brain it would have contacted the maker of
the stove that died, or at least mentioned it here... but I strongly
suspect it never looked anywhere, instead dumped it's entire
responsiblity here and showed no apprecation whatsoever... the OP is
an ingrate and a douchebag.

Wayne Boatwright[_4_] 18-04-2008 08:24 PM

18" or 19" Electric Range Sought

On Fri 18 Apr 2008 12:04:57p, Janet Baraclough told us...

> The message >
> from "cshenk" > contains these words:
>
>> "Sheldon" wrote

>> > And RV stoves will be rigged for propane and most
>> >likely not adaptable for natural gas because no one will have natural
>> >gas in an RV. But NYC has natural gas throughout by default, awdn I
>> >seriouly doubt the NYC fire codes will permit propane indoors.

>> You look very foolish due to not checking the links. These are electric
>> units.\

> Poor old Sheldon. It's sad, really. We should all knit squares to
> make him a security blanket.
>
> Janet

We should knit his mouth shut.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 04(IV)/18(XVIII)/08(MMVIII)

Goomba38 18-04-2008 08:37 PM

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Fri 18 Apr 2008 12:04:57p, Janet Baraclough told us...
>
>> The message >
>> from "cshenk" > contains these words:
>>
>>> "Sheldon" wrote
>>> You look very foolish due to not checking the links. These are electric
>>> units.\

>> Poor old Sheldon. It's sad, really. We should all knit squares to
>> make him a security blanket.
>>
>> Janet
>>

> We should knit his mouth shut.

Jeesus, wouldchall just STFU? You complain about Sheldon sometimes for
no reason at all. Not to be confused with the valid times people debate
what he says. Just consider the source. We can all list our complaints
about others here- Cshenk can't post without bringing up yet again her
years in Japan or that she's ignorant that the dollar sign goes before
the amount in English. You, Wayne, have a bad habit of failing to trim
up posts. Cybercat is a shrewish poster who only lives to stir up shit
and be ugly. She adds nothing of value to 90% of the discussions she
posts. Ophelia is just as mean, but then they have this mutual support
society so someone is reading each other. Too many others just killfile
'em both.
It just is getting REALLY, REALLY old to hear the non-stop insult fest.

Have at it. I'm sure I'll hear it my way.... feh.

Wayne Boatwright[_4_] 18-04-2008 09:19 PM

18" or 19" Electric Range Sought

On Fri 18 Apr 2008 12:37:10p, Goomba38 told us...

> Jeesus, wouldchall just STFU? You complain about Sheldon sometimes for
> no reason at all. Not to be confused with the valid times people debate
> what he says. Just consider the source. We can all list our complaints
> about others here- Cshenk can't post without bringing up yet again her
> years in Japan or that she's ignorant that the dollar sign goes before
> the amount in English. You, Wayne, have a bad habit of failing to trim
> up posts. Cybercat is a shrewish poster who only lives to stir up shit
> and be ugly. She adds nothing of value to 90% of the discussions she
> posts. Ophelia is just as mean, but then they have this mutual support
> society so someone is reading each other. Too many others just killfile
> 'em both.
> It just is getting REALLY, REALLY old to hear the non-stop insult fest.
>
> Have at it. I'm sure I'll hear it my way.... feh.

And, you, I suppose are the "perfect" poster, Goomba? No one is without
fault.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 04(IV)/18(XVIII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
5wks 2dys 10hrs 45mins
A stitch in time would have confused
Einstein.

Goomba38 18-04-2008 09:44 PM

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>> Have at it. I'm sure I'll hear it my way.... feh.
>>

> And, you, I suppose are the "perfect" poster, Goomba? No one is without
> fault.

Wayne, I just said I'd hear it. I'm not perfect by a long shot.
But I think some of the none stop bitching about anything Sheldon says
gets pretty old. It (tossing insults) becomes the entire focus of some,
instead of debating what he actual says which is often open to debate.

Wayne Boatwright[_4_] 18-04-2008 09:54 PM

18" or 19" Electric Range Sought

On Fri 18 Apr 2008 01:44:09p, Goomba38 told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>>> Have at it. I'm sure I'll hear it my way.... feh.
>>>

>> And, you, I suppose are the "perfect" poster, Goomba? No one is without
>> fault.
>>

> Wayne, I just said I'd hear it. I'm not perfect by a long shot.
> But I think some of the none stop bitching about anything Sheldon says
> gets pretty old. It (tossing insults) becomes the entire focus of some,
> instead of debating what he actual says which is often open to debate.

I can't and won't disagree with that. It is rampant on the newsgroup, and
few are guilt free.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 04(IV)/18(XVIII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
5wks 2dys 10hrs 10mins
What's another word for 'thesaurus?'
-- Stephen Wright

Ms P 18-04-2008 11:04 PM

18" or 19" Electric Range Sought

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
. ..
> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>>> Have at it. I'm sure I'll hear it my way.... feh.
>>>

>> And, you, I suppose are the "perfect" poster, Goomba? No one is without
>> fault.
>>

> Wayne, I just said I'd hear it. I'm not perfect by a long shot.
> But I think some of the none stop bitching about anything Sheldon says
> gets pretty old. It (tossing insults) becomes the entire focus of some,
> instead of debating what he actual says which is often open to debate.

So which do you want to debate? Whether the OP is a douche bag or an
ingrate?

Maybe the reason people bitch about Sheldon's posts is because there's a
reason to bitch about his posts.

OB food, bacon and tomato sandwiches for supper. Bacon bought on sale ages
ago and tomatoes on the vine for 2.99 a pound today.

Ms P

jmcquown[_2_] 18-04-2008 11:20 PM

Goomba38 wrote:
> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Fri 18 Apr 2008 12:04:57p, Janet Baraclough told us...
>>
>>> The message >
>>> from "cshenk" > contains these words:

>>> Poor old Sheldon. It's sad, really. We should all knit squares to
>>> make him a security blanket.
>>>
>>> Janet
>>>

>> We should knit his mouth shut.
>>

> Jeesus, wouldchall just STFU? You complain about Sheldon sometimes for
> no reason at all. Not to be confused with the valid times people
> debate what he says. Just consider the source. We can all list our
> complaints about others here- Cshenk can't post without bringing up
> yet again her years in Japan or that she's ignorant that the dollar
> sign goes before the amount in English. You, Wayne, have a bad habit
> of failing to trim up posts. Cybercat is a shrewish poster who only
> lives to stir up shit and be ugly. She adds nothing of value to 90%
> of the discussions she posts. Ophelia is just as mean, but then they
> have this mutual support society so someone is reading each other.
> Too many others just killfile 'em both.
> It just is getting REALLY, REALLY old to hear the non-stop insult
> fest.
> Have at it. I'm sure I'll hear it my way.... feh.

LOL Goomba, I agree with you! I must ask, though, why don't you filter OT
posts if you despise them so much? <G>

OB Food: Two leftover breaded & fried chicken cutlets (a la 'The New York
Times More 60 Minute Gourmet', 1981) magically turned themselves into crispy
chicken sandwiches on toasted kaiser rolls for dinner :)

Jill

Matthew L. Martin 19-04-2008 12:13 AM

Sheldon wrote:
> On Apr 18, 1:22�pm, "cshenk" > wrote:

>>> Took a bit to find anything!
>>> http://www.rvstuffusa.com/wedgewoodv...ndcoverbyatwoo...
>>> (Wedgewood 17 inch there)
>>> http://www.ducktec.com/index.html
>>> (couple of different ones here)
>>> More seraches will probably do better. ?It wasnt til I thought about the
>>> smaller ones for RV use that I was able to find any.
>>>
>>> The RV units may not be legal for in home use, probably not in NYC.
>>> And RV units will be built for propane and probably can't be converted
>>> to natural gas.

>> They come in gas and electric types and yes, they are legal for home use.

> You didn't read what I wrote. RV stoves may be fine in some backwater
> burg but not NYC. And RV stoves will be rigged for propane and most
> likely not adaptable for natural gas because no one will have natural
> gas in an RV. But NYC has natural gas throughout by default, awdn I
> seriouly doubt the NYC fire codes will permit propane indoors.

Converting back and forth from propane to natural gas is trivial. Kits
are sold all over the place for doing just that:

<http://www.google.com/search?q=propane+natural+gas+conversion++kit&ie=ut f-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a>

Matthew

Lou Decruss[_2_] 19-04-2008 02:47 AM

18" or 19" Electric Range Sought

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 05:17:58 -0700 (PDT), Sheldon >
wrote:

>On Apr 18, 1:58?am, sf <.> wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:59:46 -0700 (PDT), Sheldon >
>> wrote:

>> >I seriously doubt that.

>> >What kind of Noo Yawker has to ask on a Newsgroup about where to
>> >acquire a stoopid widdle toys r us stove... a most STOOPID Noo
>> >Yawker... have you no shame, like there ain't any friggin' appliance
>> >stores in all them five boros... if you can't do google hows about da
>> >yellow pages, Agent_Cooze. ?Yoose are one dumb douchebag.

>> Thank you, Sheldon. ?I think that's the first time in all the years
>> we've been together that you "got my back". ?

>I'm the best back watcher you'll ever know... it's a Brooklyn thing.

Watching the back of a bitch who sounds like a cross between someone
on a life-alert and reverse mortgage commercial can't be something to
be proud of...Is it? Even in Brokeland? Please say it aint so!!!!!!

Lou

Lou Decruss[_2_] 19-04-2008 02:55 AM

18" or 19" Electric Range Sought

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 18:22:20 -0700 (PDT), Sheldon >
wrote:

>And RV units will be built for propane and probably can't be converted
>to natural gas.

Why not? Because you don't know how to?

Lou

Lou Decruss[_2_] 19-04-2008 02:59 AM

18" or 19" Electric Range Sought

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:08:15 -0700 (PDT), Sheldon >
wrote:

>You didn't read what I wrote. RV stoves may be fine in some backwater
>burg but not NYC. And RV stoves will be rigged for propane and most
>likely not adaptable for natural gas because no one will have natural
>gas in an RV. But NYC has natural gas throughout by default, awdn I
>seriouly doubt the NYC fire codes will permit propane indoors.

"rigging" a stove in ANY situation is pretty silly, but it can be
done. The propane is not the problem or you wouldn't have a tank in
your backyard.

Lou

sf[_3_] 19-04-2008 04:05 AM

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 13:28:16 -0400, "cshenk" > wrote:

>"sf" wrote
>cshenk" wrote:
>
>>>smaller ones for RV use that I was able to find any.
>>>

>> OH, so what you're really saying is "If you really *tried* to find
>> one online, you could"? LOL! What a discovery!

>sf, you may want to track who said what. He didnt find them and I found it
>interesting so hunted about and found'em so sent him a few links.

Please don't think I misquoted or thought I was talking to someone
else. He's KF-ed. I quoted *you*.

>I'll add if you can read Japanese, you'll find more of them easily. An 18
>inch stove there is considered a big one. It's western-think to assume
>everyone has a stove (with oven).

If he wanted a skinny cooktop, he could look at one or two burner
drop-in units.... he's just trolling. Sheldon has already pointed
that out.

I've seen integrated units that are burners, a sink and an
undercounter refrigerator. Why is this so hard? It's NYC for crying
out loud! They have lots of small living spaces there. Where there's
a need, there are merchants who cater to it.

Ophelia[_1_] 19-04-2008 08:55 AM

18" or 19" Electric Range Sought

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
. ..
> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Fri 18 Apr 2008 12:04:57p, Janet Baraclough told us...
>>
>>> The message >
>>> from "cshenk" > contains these words:

>>> Poor old Sheldon. It's sad, really. We should all knit squares to
>>> make him a security blanket.
>>>
>>> Janet
>>>

>> We should knit his mouth shut.
>>

> Jeesus, wouldchall just STFU? You complain about Sheldon sometimes for no
> reason at all. Not to be confused with the valid times people debate what
> he says. Just consider the source. We can all list our complaints about
> others here- Cshenk can't post without bringing up yet again her years in
> Japan or that she's ignorant that the dollar sign goes before the amount
> in English. You, Wayne, have a bad habit of failing to trim up posts.
> Cybercat is a shrewish poster who only lives to stir up shit and be ugly.
> She adds nothing of value to 90% of the discussions she posts. Ophelia is
> just as mean,

Whoa lady! I retaliate when I am attacked! If you don't like that then
tell them to leave me alone, otherwise, YOU STFU!!!

Sheldon 19-04-2008 01:53 PM

On Apr 18, 9:59�pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:08:15 -0700 (PDT), Sheldon >
> wrote:
>

> >You didn't read what I wrote. �RV stoves may be fine in some backwater
> >burg but not NYC. �And RV stoves will be rigged for propane and most
> >likely not adaptable for natural gas because no one will have natural
> >gas in an RV. �But NYC has natural gas throughout by default, awdn I
> >seriouly doubt the NYC fire codes will permit propane indoors.

> "rigging" a stove in ANY situation is pretty silly, but it can be
> done. �The propane is not the problem or you wouldn't have a tank in
> your backyard. �

I don't live in NYC. The codes are far more strict in NYC.

Goomba38 19-04-2008 01:53 PM

jmcquown wrote:

> LOL Goomba, I agree with you! I must ask, though, why don't you filter
> OT posts if you despise them so much? <G>

Which part of this original thread was OT that it warranted a filter?
For christsake, it was a stove (sort of kitchen-y, y'know?) But the
instant way some folks start slinging shit gets really, REALLY old.