Old 19-04-2008, 02:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 18" or 19" Electric Range Sought

jmcquown wrote:
Goomba38 wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

LOL Goomba, I agree with you! I must ask, though, why don't you
filter OT posts if you despise them so much? G

Which part of this original thread was OT that it warranted a filter?
For christsake, it was a stove (sort of kitchen-y, y'know?) But the
instant way some folks start slinging shit gets really, REALLY old.

No, no, no, I didn't type clearly. I didn't mean this thread was OT.
Just saying, you despise OT threads but seem to reply to them frequently.

I certainly do despise it when people introduce known OT threads. Not
when a thread drifts into off topic-land. It always amazes me how they
seem to imagine what *they* have to say is somehow worth reading (rarely
is) and why they imagine it is appropriate to a cooking/food group?

I agree about the constant name-calling and other crap (and yes, I admit
I'm guilty). It's like I said to Greg, if "cybercat" posts something
directed towards or referring to me I'd rather he not quote it. I
wouldn't see that particular bit of sewage if he wasn't hell bent on
replying to everything she posts.

No one can honestly be expected to keep track of others preferences.

Old 19-04-2008, 02:44 PM posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.marketplace,rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss wrote:
Sheldon wrote:

And RV units will be built for propane and probably
can't be converted to natural gas.

Why not? �Because you don't know how (to)?

Has nothing to do knowing how... not all gas appliances are designed
to be converted... of course there'll always be some moron like you
who'll jury rig something that'll probably cause excess carbon
monixide and/or an explosion.

And speaking of knowing how (to), you don't write English properly...
that's how I immediately knew that you're an uneducated pompous fool.
We don't need to worry about converting gas with you, Lou... the same
gas that comes out of your ass comes out of your mouth.

Old 19-04-2008, 03:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 19, 9:23�am, "jmcquown" wrote:
sf wrote:
On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 13:28:16 -0400, "cshenk" wrote:

"sf" wrote
cshenk" wrote:

I'll add if you can read Japanese, you'll find more of them easily.
An 18 inch stove there is considered a big one. �It's western-think
to assume everyone has a stove (with oven).

If he wanted a skinny cooktop, he could look at one or two burner
drop-in units.... he's just trolling. �Sheldon has already pointed
that out.

I've seen integrated units that are burners, a sink and an
undercounter refrigerator. �Why is this so hard? �It's NYC for crying
out loud! �They have lots of small living spaces there. �Where there's
a need, there are merchants who cater to it.

John and I stayed at a place in Illinois that had an arrangement exactly
like that! �It was rather cute

A lot of company work stations have those units.

Many companys manufactures those units: http://tinyurl.com/653fob

http://www.ajmadison.com/phpdocs/ajt...kyFQo dv0Aw4Q

Old 19-04-2008, 03:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 09:15:39 -0400, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Goomba38 wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

LOL Goomba, I agree with you! I must ask, though, why don't you
filter OT posts if you despise them so much? G

Which part of this original thread was OT that it warranted a filter?
For christsake, it was a stove (sort of kitchen-y, y'know?) But the
instant way some folks start slinging shit gets really, REALLY old.

No, no, no, I didn't type clearly. I didn't mean this thread was OT. Just
saying, you despise OT threads but seem to reply to them frequently.

I agree about the constant name-calling and other crap (and yes, I admit I'm
guilty). It's like I said to Greg, if "cybercat" posts something directed
towards or referring to me I'd rather he not quote it. I wouldn't see that
particular bit of sewage if he wasn't hell bent on replying to everything
she posts.

With my newsreader I can ignore a given poster and all replies to
them. I probably miss a few messages that I might otherwise read, but
I doubt if it is very many.
--
Susan N.

Old 19-04-2008, 03:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 wrote:
Ophelia wrote:

Whoa lady! I retaliate when I am attacked! If you don't like that
then tell them to leave me alone, otherwise, YOU STFU!!!

I don't recall anyone bringing your name into this fray. You injected
yourself by jumping onto the slam Sheldon yet again bandwagon.

"Ophelia is just as mean,....................."

BTW who put stripes on your shoulder? If you re read, you will see that I
had no part of the last altercation. I will say it again.... YOU STFU!!

Old 19-04-2008, 04:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 19 Apr 2008 06:36:22a, Goomba38 told us...

I certainly do despise it when people introduce known OT threads. Not
when a thread drifts into off topic-land. It always amazes me how they
seem to imagine what *they* have to say is somehow worth reading (rarely
is) and why they imagine it is appropriate to a cooking/food group?

I despise it when totally on-topic threads drift off into off-topic
discourses that last for days, particularly when it becomes just bantering
or bitching back and forth between a couple of people. At least something
that is posted with a subject including "OT" can be avoided if the reader
isn't interested in the topic.

Like it or not, for both good and bad reasons, this is not a moderated
group and people can post whatever the hell they please, as you have so
often done with your complaints about others here, including me. I have
also been guilty of that.

You and I both know the posters here that we like to read, as well as those
that we would clearly rather avoid. I have kill filed all those that I
truly loath (it's not a long list), but when I see something they've
written about me and quoted by someone else, I've no intention of keeping
silent. E.g., if you were in a room full of people and overheard an
insulting conversation about you, would you not respond or retaliate? It's
not much different here, and it's human nature to defend oneself.

Specifically, as far as Sheldon goes, he has *never* failed to insult me,
regardless of what I've posted over the years. When I read anything that
anyone else has written negatively about him, I am compelled to chime in.

I don't know what Sheldon's problem is, but I suspect that he is
legitimately SMI. Constant unwarranted attacks against many posters here
clearly do not represent normal behavior, nor does his pathological lying.
In a word, it is unacceptable at any level. At one time he had many
"supporters" here (God only knows why), but that list seems to be dwindling
as he also attacks those supporters one by one. It's like having one
neighbor on your street that almost everyone else finds intolerable or
outright hates. Unfortunately, there's no way to force them to move out.
In that case, creative avoidance is usually the best solution, but it
sometimes can and does become confrontational.

Your comments and suggestions will never "cure" the maladies of this group
so why keep trying? Ignore or avoid what you don't like. If it's a
personal attack on you, then react in any way you feel necessary.

I generally enjoy discourses with you, Goomba, either on or off topic, but
if you don't like what I post, then don't read it. However, I would regret
losing the opportunity of having discussions with you.

I "think" I am generally well regarded on this group (I could be wrong),
but there are some things I will not tolerate and I will react to,
regardless of what anyone else has to say about it.

Peace (I hope)!

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 04(IV)/19(XIX)/08(MMVIII)
Old 19-04-2008, 06:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 20:04:57 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from "cshenk" contains these words:

"Sheldon" wrote

And RV stoves will be rigged for propane and most
likely not adaptable for natural gas because no one will have natural
gas in an RV. But NYC has natural gas throughout by default, awdn I
seriouly doubt the NYC fire codes will permit propane indoors.

You look very foolish due to not checking the links. These are electric
units.\

Poor old Sheldon. It's sad, really. We should all knit squares to
make him a security blanket.

Janet

i'd rather make a pillow to press down over his face.

your pal,
blake
Old 19-04-2008, 06:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 15:37:10 -0400, Goomba38
wrote:

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Fri 18 Apr 2008 12:04:57p, Janet Baraclough told us...

The message
from "cshenk" contains these words:

"Sheldon" wrote
And RV stoves will be rigged for propane and most
likely not adaptable for natural gas because no one will have natural
gas in an RV. But NYC has natural gas throughout by default, awdn I
seriouly doubt the NYC fire codes will permit propane indoors.
You look very foolish due to not checking the links. These are electric
units.\
Poor old Sheldon. It's sad, really. We should all knit squares to
make him a security blanket.

Janet

We should knit his mouth shut.

Jeesus, wouldchall just STFU? You complain about Sheldon sometimes for
no reason at all. Not to be confused with the valid times people debate
what he says. Just consider the source. We can all list our complaints
about others here- Cshenk can't post without bringing up yet again her
years in Japan or that she's ignorant that the dollar sign goes before
the amount in English. You, Wayne, have a bad habit of failing to trim
up posts. Cybercat is a shrewish poster who only lives to stir up shit
and be ugly. She adds nothing of value to 90% of the discussions she
posts. Ophelia is just as mean, but then they have this mutual support
society so someone is reading each other. Too many others just killfile
'em both.
It just is getting REALLY, REALLY old to hear the non-stop insult fest.

Have at it. I'm sure I'll hear it my way.... feh.

when i pass by the barrel full of fish i can't help shooting. it's a
moral failing, i know.

your pal,
blake
Old 19-04-2008, 06:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 20:19:44 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

On Fri 18 Apr 2008 12:37:10p, Goomba38 told us...

Jeesus, wouldchall just STFU? You complain about Sheldon sometimes for
no reason at all. Not to be confused with the valid times people debate
what he says. Just consider the source. We can all list our complaints
about others here- Cshenk can't post without bringing up yet again her
years in Japan or that she's ignorant that the dollar sign goes before
the amount in English. You, Wayne, have a bad habit of failing to trim
up posts. Cybercat is a shrewish poster who only lives to stir up shit
and be ugly. She adds nothing of value to 90% of the discussions she
posts. Ophelia is just as mean, but then they have this mutual support
society so someone is reading each other. Too many others just killfile
'em both.
It just is getting REALLY, REALLY old to hear the non-stop insult fest.

Have at it. I'm sure I'll hear it my way.... feh.

And, you, I suppose are the "perfect" poster, Goomba? No one is without
fault.

let he who is without sin cast the first scone.

your pal,
blake

Old 19-04-2008, 06:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 22:48:21 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from Goomba38 contains these words:

Jeesus, wouldchall just STFU? You complain about Sheldon sometimes for
no reason at all. Not to be confused with the valid times people debate
what he says.

Give over; Sheldon dishes it out indiscriminately to people having a
normal non-confrontational discussion, and he also does his best to
disrupt such conversations with fake "facts" and nonsense. He richly
deserves being poked back down into the dingy burrow he crawled out of.

Janet.

granted, i have him killfiled and have for some time. but i never see
him quoted as saying anything remotely worthwhile. if i want ethnic
slurs, there are many other sources, far more elegantly put.

your pal,
blake
Old 19-04-2008, 06:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 19 Apr 2008 10:21:37a, blake murphy told us...

wrote:

[...]

Love it!

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 04(IV)/19(XIX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
5wks 1dys 13hrs 15mins
I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous.

Old 19-04-2008, 06:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 19 Apr 2008 10:15:27a, blake murphy told us...

wrote:

The message
from "cshenk" contains these words:

"Sheldon" wrote

And RV stoves will be rigged for propane and most
likely not adaptable for natural gas because no one will have natural
gas in an RV. But NYC has natural gas throughout by default, awdn I
seriouly doubt the NYC fire codes will permit propane indoors.

You look very foolish due to not checking the links. These are

electric
units.\

Poor old Sheldon. It's sad, really. We should all knit squares to
make him a security blanket.

Janet

i'd rather make a pillow to press down over his face.

your pal,
blake

Much to gentle, Blake. I'd sooner see the gas chamber or the electric
chair, and I would like to watch. Lethal injection is too easy.

Old 19-04-2008, 07:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

Oh nice one blake)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Old 19-04-2008, 08:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 19 Apr 2008 11:17:34a, Ophelia told us...

wrote:

[...]

I like scones with fruit in them. Maybe I could catch one?

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 04(IV)/19(XIX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day