Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Leftovers tonight

I have some trout left over from last night. As I was picking through
it getting out those danged pesky little bones. I was thinking I would
like it in some kind of sauce, maybe a white sauce, then I thought of
lobster thermador.
GIMF and I found some lobster thermador recipes. Never having made it
myself, I checked out several recipes. They were almost identical. It
starts with a basic white sauce made with white wine, milk, tarragon,
shallots, Dijon mustard and parmesan cheese. I decided to eliminate
the shallots, because I don't have any, and the parmesan cheese
because it just doesn't sound good to me with trout, and I thought it
would be overpowering anyway.

So, after I got the pesky %$# bones out of the trout I assembled the
sauce ingredients. I did add more milk to get the full two cups, just
got ahead of myself with the picture.
http://i26.tinypic.com/29bebfs.jpg

I'm going to spare you the step by step of a white sauce. I ended up
with a nice thick sauce. I did use some tarragon I have hanging around
drying.
http://i30.tinypic.com/16jedt.jpg

I have some puff pastry shells in the freezer so I baked up a couple.
The directions said not to use a microwave, understandable, or a
toaster oven, not understandable.
Sorry, I'm not heating up my oven for a couple of dinky shells. Into
the toaster oven they went and turned out beautifully.
http://i29.tinypic.com/20jpcvl.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/2h35uvk.jpg

Put some sauce in the pastry shell, added trout, more sauce and topped
with a sprinkling of trout and a little fresh ground black pepper.
This and a glass of white wine mmmm gotta love leftovers.
http://i28.tinypic.com/xbmm0z.jpg

koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 4/13
"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote
> Put some sauce in the pastry shell, added trout, more sauce and topped
> with a sprinkling of trout and a little fresh ground black pepper.
> This and a glass of white wine mmmm gotta love leftovers.
> http://i28.tinypic.com/xbmm0z.jpg

You're like the PhD of cooks, koko. Wow!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 11:33:41 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> wrote
>> Put some sauce in the pastry shell, added trout, more sauce and topped
>> with a sprinkling of trout and a little fresh ground black pepper.
>> This and a glass of white wine mmmm gotta love leftovers.
>> http://i28.tinypic.com/xbmm0z.jpg
>>

>You're like the PhD of cooks, koko. Wow!

Thank you cybercat, though most times I feel like I'm still in
elementary school.

koko
---