Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default New Greek Cookbook - Regional Greek Cooking

To all interested in new Greek recipes, my husband and I have just
released our new book, Regional Greek Cooking. It contains recipes
from our family, as well as from resorts, hotels, tavernas and
organizations from all over Greece. In fact, Nikki Rose has been
generous enough to offer some recipes from CookinginCrete.com and we
are very thankful! Here's a little bit about the book...I hope you
enjoy it!

Regional Greek Cooking
http://www.quincybooks.com/greek.html

When one Greek meets another he is likely to ask something like, "How
does your yia yia prepare moussaka?" He's not just looking for a new
variation of his grandmother's eggplant-and-
lamb casserole...that really means: "Come share dinner in my home. I'll
make you a dish from
the little village where my family is from."

Greek food entails more than just gyros, spinach pie, and baklava.
The diverse culinary tradition of Greek cooking
has been enriched by such influences as the Arabic tastes of North
Africa and the cuisine of the Sephardic Jews of Spain.

Accessible to both experienced and home chefs,
Regional Greek Cooking showcases over 220 easy-to-follow and
delectable recipes sampled from the key regions of mainland Greece as
well as the islands.

Featured dishes include long-time favorites Kleftiko
ke Marouli (Roast Lamb with Lettuce Salad), and Youvarlakia
(Meatballs and Rice in Avgolemono Soup),
as well as more distinct fare like Calamari Gemista Aphrodite
(Aphrodite Stuffed Squid) and Asatakou Páros (Lobster Páros).

Accompanying the unique, family-oriented recipes are charming
historical notes and family anecdotes which enliven the community
spirit of Greek cuisine. Also presented are sections on Greek drinks,
including micro-brewed beers, regional wines, ouzos, cocktails, teas,
coffees, and more. Handy glossaries of Greek cooking terms, wine
terms, and ingredients help cooks to "go Greek" more easily!

Dean Karayanis has authored news, sketch comedy, and opinion pieces
for TV, radio, and online for over 10 years. In his spare time, Dean
reverts to his roots, whipping up Greek culinary masterpieces.

Catherine Karayanis is author of numerous online computing courses
and articles, as well as four books on networking, database
administration, and operating systems for McGraw-Hill. She has also
worked in the restaurant business for several years.
_____
Regional Greek Cooking
Dean and Catherine Karayanis
$24.95 hard cover; 303 pages; 6 x 9
ISBN 13: 978-0-7818-1146-0; ISBN 10: 0-7818-1146-5
Publication date: March 2008

Review Copies: Phone 212-685-4371; Fax 212-779-9338;

To Place an Order: Phone 718-454-2366; Fax 718-454-1391;