Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Coca-Cola le da mucho mas?

I have an old Coca-Cola tray that says "Coca-Cola le da mucho mas" on
one side. The other side says "Coca-cola refresca mejor." I'm
probably doing something wrong with google, but I can't figure out
what language it is. Anyone have a clue what it is?

TIA,

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
>I have an old Coca-Cola tray that says "Coca-Cola le da mucho mas" on
> one side. The other side says "Coca-cola refresca mejor." I'm
> probably doing something wrong with google, but I can't figure out
> what language it is. Anyone have a clue what it is?
>
> TIA,
>
> Lou

AltaVista BabelFish Spanish to English translates as:

"Coca-Cola le da mucho mas" = "Coca-Cola gives much him but"

"Coca-cola refresca mejor." = "Coca-Cola refreshes better."

KW

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 17:11:12 -0500, Lou Decruss >
wrote:

>I have an old Coca-Cola tray that says "Coca-Cola le da mucho mas" on
>one side. The other side says "Coca-cola refresca mejor." I'm
>probably doing something wrong with google, but I can't figure out
>what language it is. Anyone have a clue what it is?

Try Spanish http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

Coca-Cola le da mucho más
Coca-Cola gives him (you) much more

Coca-cola refresca mejor
Coca-Cola refreshes better

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss > wrote:

> I have an old Coca-Cola tray that says "Coca-Cola le da mucho mas" on
> one side. The other side says "Coca-cola refresca mejor." I'm
> probably doing something wrong with google, but I can't figure out
> what language it is. Anyone have a clue what it is?

It's Mexican.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

KW > wrote:

> "Coca-Cola le da mucho mas" = "Coca-Cola gives much him but"

It's probably one of those marketing *******izations of the
language. Kinda like the ebonic, "we be lovin it".

ObFood: Smoked chicken thighs, 8 of them made into chicken salad.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss > wrote in
:

> I have an old Coca-Cola tray that says "Coca-Cola le da mucho mas" on
> one side. The other side says "Coca-cola refresca mejor." I'm
> probably doing something wrong with google, but I can't figure out
> what language it is. Anyone have a clue what it is?

Spanish.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"KW" > wrote in news:cf5d5$480286a6$4b5a3199
:

> "Coca-Cola le da mucho mas" = "Coca-Cola gives much him but"

"le da Mucho mas" means "gives (the person) much more". Perhaps you were
trying to translate from Greek to Babylonian? :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz > wrote in news:130408.174937rfc277.671
@sqwertz.com:

> It's Mexican.

Spanish...last I heard they spoke Spanish in Mexico, much like some speak
English in the Untied States.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michel Boucher" > wrote in message
> "KW" > wrote in news:cf5d5$480286a6$4b5a3199
> :
>
>> "Coca-Cola le da mucho mas" = "Coca-Cola gives much him but"

> "le da Mucho mas" means "gives (the person) much more". Perhaps you were
> trying to translate from Greek to Babylonian? :-)

Nope, just did a cut and paste from the original post....didn't notice the
missing accent on mas (más) :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michel Boucher > wrote:

> Sqwertz > wrote in news:130408.174937rfc277.671
> @sqwertz.com:
>
>> It's Mexican.

> Spanish...last I heard they spoke Spanish in Mexico...

No, really? I don't know when the last time I heard a Spaniard
speaking spinich.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss wrote:
> I have an old Coca-Cola tray that says "Coca-Cola le da mucho mas" on
> one side. The other side says "Coca-cola refresca mejor." I'm
> probably doing something wrong with google, but I can't figure out
> what language it is. Anyone have a clue what it is?
>
> TIA,
>
> Lou

Obviously it's Spanish.

Coca-Cola le da mucho mas = Coca Cola gives you much more.

Coca-Cola refresca mejor. = Coca Cola refreshes better.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 19:32:37 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>Michel Boucher > wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz > wrote in news:130408.174937rfc277.671
>> @sqwertz.com:
>>
>>> It's Mexican.

>> Spanish...last I heard they spoke Spanish in Mexico...

>No, really? I don't know when the last time I heard a Spaniard
>speaking spinich.

YES YES YES! They *do* speak "spinich". It's really funny to hear
them say that, but it's also a big clue why their vowels are all wrong
in English.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 18:32:16 -0400, "KW"
> wrote:

>"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
.. .
>>I have an old Coca-Cola tray that says "Coca-Cola le da mucho mas" on
>> one side. The other side says "Coca-cola refresca mejor." I'm
>> probably doing something wrong with google, but I can't figure out
>> what language it is. Anyone have a clue what it is?
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> Lou

>AltaVista BabelFish Spanish to English translates as:
>
>"Coca-Cola le da mucho mas" = "Coca-Cola gives much him but"
>
>"Coca-cola refresca mejor." = "Coca-Cola refreshes better."

Thanks!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 18:59:59 -0500, Michel Boucher
> wrote:

>"KW" > wrote in news:cf5d5$480286a6$4b5a3199
:

>> "Coca-Cola le da mucho mas" = "Coca-Cola gives much him but"

>"le da Mucho mas" means "gives (the person) much more". Perhaps you were
>trying to translate from Greek to Babylonian? :-)

LOL... Thanks!

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 19:01:04 -0500, Michel Boucher
> wrote:

>Sqwertz > wrote in news:130408.174937rfc277.671
:

>> It's Mexican.

>Spanish...last I heard they spoke Spanish in Mexico, much like some speak
>English in the Untied States.

Unfortunately many don't know what to speak here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf <.> wrote in :

> YES YES YES! They *do* speak "spinich". It's really funny to hear
> them say that, but it's also a big clue why their vowels are all wrong
> in English.

Actually, they speak "español". not "spanish" or "spinish". In español,
español sounds fine. It's English that has the vowels all wrong...trust me
on that one.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 02:35:47 -0700, The Kat >
wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 18:32:16 -0400, "KW" >
>wrote:
>

>>"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
. ..
>>>I have an old Coca-Cola tray that says "Coca-Cola le da mucho mas" on
>>> one side. The other side says "Coca-cola refresca mejor." I'm
>>> probably doing something wrong with google, but I can't figure out
>>> what language it is. Anyone have a clue what it is?
>>>
>>> TIA,
>>>
>>> Lou

>>AltaVista BabelFish Spanish to English translates as:
>>
>>"Coca-Cola le da mucho mas" = "Coca-Cola gives much him but"

>That should read 'Coca Cola is much more'
>(technically, Coca Cola of the much more)

I was wracking my brain for the coke catchphrase in English that was
similar but couldn't come up with it. So much for my consumerism!

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michel Boucher wrote:
> sf <.> wrote in :
>
>> YES YES YES! They *do* speak "spinich". It's really funny to hear
>> them say that, but it's also a big clue why their vowels are all wrong
>> in English.

> Actually, they speak "español". not "spanish" or "spinish". In español,
> español sounds fine. It's English that has the vowels all wrong...trust me
> on that one.

From a lot of the replies to this topic, many of our
posters know a lot less Spanish than they think they do.
I suspect these are the same people who criticize
foreigners for their attempts to speak English.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Puester" schrieb :
> Michel Boucher wrote:
>> sf <.> wrote in :
>>
>>> YES YES YES! They *do* speak "spinich". It's really funny to hear
>>> them say that, but it's also a big clue why their vowels are all wrong
>>> in English.

>> Actually, they speak "español". not "spanish" or "spinish". In español,
>> español sounds fine. It's English that has the vowels all wrong...trust me
>> on that one.

> From a lot of the replies to this topic, many of our
> posters know a lot less Spanish than they think they do.
> I suspect these are the same people who criticize
> foreigners for their attempts to speak English.

Well, I have never critisized youse furriners for your attempts
to speak English ;-)

Cheers,

Michael Kuettner

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"KW" > wrote in message

> "Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
>>I have an old Coca-Cola tray that says "Coca-Cola le da mucho mas" on
>> one side. The other side says "Coca-cola refresca mejor." I'm
>> probably doing something wrong with google, but I can't figure out
>> what language it is. Anyone have a clue what it is?
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> Lou

> AltaVista BabelFish Spanish to English translates as:
>
> "Coca-Cola le da mucho mas" = "Coca-Cola gives much him but"

It gives much more

Close -
le = it
Da = gives (darse) (reflexive verb ergo the need for the word le)
Mucho Much
mas = More

Much more what I know not.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 14 Apr 2008 11:52:49a, Melba's Jammin' told us...

> In article >,
> Lou Decruss > wrote:
>
>> I have an old Coca-Cola tray that says "Coca-Cola le da mucho mas" on

Coca-Cola Give You Much More

>> one side. The other side says "Coca-cola refresca mejor." I'm

Coca-Cola Refreshes Everyone

This comes from one of my Hispanic coworkers.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Monday, 04(IV)/14(XIV)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

aem > wrote in
:

> Depends on the time frame. I was listening to some SoCal history on
> the radio this morning and the author of a new book noted that the
> local government of Los Angeles -- *after* the Mexican War resulted in
> California's becoming part of the U.S. -- used Spanish as its official
> language. At some point in the future the city needs to become more
> bilingual than it already is. -aem

Similarly, Montréal was from about 1780 until 1830ish a predominantly
English-speaking city as it was the centre of commerce along the Saint-
Laurent. It's only after the demographic changes brought about by
increased survival rates that they started migrating to the city and
changed that (for the better, I might add :-) ).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael Kuettner" > wrote in
:

> Well, I have never critisized youse furriners for your attempts
> to speak English ;-)

I wouldn't expect any less.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Apr 14, 3:03*pm, Michel Boucher > wrote:
> aem > wrote :
>
> > Depends on the time frame. *I was listening to some SoCal history on
> > the radio this morning and the author of a new book noted that the
> > local government of Los Angeles -- *after* the Mexican War resulted in
> > California's becoming part of the U.S. -- used Spanish as its official
> > language. *At some point in the future the city needs to become more
> > bilingual than it already is. * *-aem

> Similarly, Montréal was from about 1780 until 1830ish a predominantly
> English-speaking city as it was the centre of commerce along the Saint-
> Laurent. *It's only after the demographic changes brought about by
> increased survival rates that they started migrating to the city and
> changed that (for the better, I might add :-) ).

By coincidence the L.A. Times printed this story yesterday about the
growing use of Spanish by local politicians. Bi-lingual press
conferences and meetings with constituents, and so forth. Asked about
going to Mexico for language immersion classes, one council member
said, no, I just go for a walk in my district.... -aem
http://tinyurl.com/4xs9da

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 15, 12:32*pm, aem > wrote:

> By coincidence the L.A. Times printed this story yesterday about the
> growing use of Spanish by local politicians. *Bi-lingual press
> conferences and meetings with constituents, and so forth. *Asked about
> going to Mexico for language immersion classes, one council member
> said, no, I just go for a walk in my district.... *-aem
> * * *http://tinyurl.com/4xs9da

I must say I am amazed they spelled "español" properly. I suspect that
if you looked not too hard you could find such *******izations such as
"alla mode" and "tortierre" in the food section of the very same
newspaper.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou,
As others have correctly mentioned the language is Spanish,
A good English grammatical translation of "Coca-Cola le da mucho mas"
would be "Coca-Cola--it is the one that gives much more." or, better
yet in the "Spanglish" spoken here in NYC--"The Coca Cola! (S)he
gives so much more!"
English used to have the same grammatical construction, but it is
seldom used today. E.g., "Johnny, he of little intelligence, wants to
vote for Obama in the upcoming presidential election."
En Ingles, we simply punctuate it differently than en Espanol, but
the words mean the same.
Not to provoke you in any way, but I have to ask you, in what part
of the United States are you not exposed to Spanish in your day-to-day
existence these days? A curious mind want to know.

Gregor in NYC

wrote:

>I have an old Coca-Cola tray that says "Coca-Cola le da mucho mas" on
>one side. The other side says "Coca-cola refresca mejor." I'm
>probably doing something wrong with google, but I can't figure out
>what language it is. Anyone have a clue what it is?
>
>TIA,
>
>Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregor in NYC wrote:

> Not to provoke you in any way, but I have to ask you, in what part
> of the United States are you not exposed to Spanish in your day-to-day
> existence these days? A curious mind want to know.

What the **** would make you think that all Americans have to
understand - let alone speak - Spanish?

Unless we need our roof replaced, our weeds pulled, or our hotel
rooms cleaned, I just don't see myself speaking Mexican.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> Gregor in NYC wrote:
>
>> Not to provoke you in any way, but I have to ask you, in what part
>> of the United States are you not exposed to Spanish in your day-to-day
>> existence these days? A curious mind want to know.

> What the **** would make you think that all Americans have to
> understand - let alone speak - Spanish?
>
> Unless we need our roof replaced, our weeds pulled, or our hotel
> rooms cleaned, I just don't see myself speaking Mexican.
>
> -sw

Because, of course, Mexico is the ONLY place they speak Spanish,
and ALL Mexicans are day laborers at Sqwertz's disposal.

The Ugly American hasn't been enlightened, folks.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Gregor in NYC wrote:
>
>> Not to provoke you in any way, but I have to ask you, in what part
>> of the United States are you not exposed to Spanish in your day-to-day
>> existence these days? A curious mind want to know.

> What the **** would make you think that all Americans have to understand
> - let alone speak - Spanish?
>
> Unless we need our roof replaced, our weeds pulled, or our hotel rooms
> cleaned, I just don't see myself speaking Mexican.

When I had gardeners they were Chinese. I doubt that that would be
easy, any more, though.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregor in NYC wrote:

> When going to a French restaurant and you want chicken, you must
> order "Poulet avec..." When going to a Spanish restaurant, you must
> order "Pollo con..." etc.

Is there a law that says I have to order something with it, or can I
just get poulet or pollo.

> What is lost on you?

Not at all. But it was incredibly boring.

> Troll, I own you!

<snort> Yeah - you're too l33t for me.

ObFood: Filete del ojo chuck with a perfectly ripened aguacate, cut
into octavos and sqwerted with fresh cal and sambal istemewa.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 May 2008 02:25:59 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

Squirtz,
English, or, as I'm sure refer to it as "American", surely should be
recognized as the official language of the United States. I whole
heartedly agree with this. However, this is a forum about food and not
about the current immigration trends and the fact that many people
here in the US--whether LEGAL or illegal speak Spanish.
Personally, as a resident of New York City--where Spanish is spoken
on the streets (as are about another 100 languages or so), I try to be
courteous and accomodating when I visit an ethnic restaurant. I DO
NOT expect the staff to speak fluent English. On the other hand, if I
were to frequent Taco Bell, McDonalds, or Wendys (which I would
suppose to be your restaurants of choice)--I would expect to be
greeted in English, which is not the case.
However, you are showing your ignorance, when you say that I
advocate that the average Americans must "speak" or "understand"
Spanish. I did not say this in any form.
When going to a French restaurant and you want chicken, you must
order "Poulet avec..." When going to a Spanish restaurant, you must
order "Pollo con..." etc.
What is lost on you?
Oh, I see from this your true bias as a troll:

>Unless we need our roof replaced, our weeds pulled, or our hotel
>rooms cleaned, I just don't see myself speaking Mexican.

"Mexican" is a native american language of the Aztecs--the
indigineous Indians of Mexico, and is not referred to as such by
linguists, who have other names for it. The residents of Mexico speak
SPANISH as their first language.

Troll, I own you!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregor in NYC wrote:

<snip and yawn>

Just wanted to let you know that I skimmed your post. Looks like I
have a new kook, but he's already broken.

ObFood: Slow cooked pork, kielbasa, sauerkraut, and potatoes for
dinner tonight. I love Nazi food.

http://i30.tinypic.com/1h8sug.jpg

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 May 2008 22:35:14 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

Squirts in his Pants,
Have I embarrassed you and exposed your ignorance? You haven't
answered the obvious question do you understand the difference between
"American"/English and "Mexican"/ Spanish as languages?
Do you understand that an ethnic restaurant might present their
offerings in their own language and it's up to you to interpret them?
I think not!
You are an owned troll, but I'll indulge your ignorance and remind
you that you couldn't rebut my last post due to your limited
intellectual capacity.

Let's look at the recipe that you offered me and I will translate it:

>ObFood: Filete del ojo chuck with a perfectly ripened aguacate, cut
>into octavos and sqwerted with fresh cal and sambal istemewa.

1 fillet of eye
1 ripe avocado (partitioned into eigths)
sambal istimewa to your taste

Please provide your method of preparing this dish to the rest of this
forum--ojo con aquagates en salsa istemevensa, since it is something
that you, obviously, have created on your own and eat on a reguar
basis. We all are so very interested in it.
I would suspect that you eat what ever your Mommy provides via
McDonalds or her microwave. Wow, how I pity you growing up on hot
pockets as haute cuisine!

>Is there a law that says I have to order something with it, or can I
>just get poulet or pollo.

You are an ignorant stooge! Are you product of the US public school
system? I would guess: yes by your inability to defend your position
or, even to put two sentences together in a coherent thought..

>> What is lost on you?

>Not at all. But it was incredibly boring.

Again, becuase you are too stupid to put together your thoughts into a
meaningful post and to read other posts within the context that they
exist. Am I "Boring" or am I moving into areas that you have no
experience?
Troll--I own you!
Screw I33t, that's Myspace- speak-welcome to the real world.