Posted to alt.binaries.food,rec.food.cooking

Default Masters Lunch

Pimento Cheese sandwich, Masters Chips and a diet coke.

Lunch cost- $3.50

Purchases at the Pro Shop- $385.

A few days spent in glorious surroundings and meeting some of the
golfers- Priceless

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=nywl1u&s=3
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2exlegx&s=3
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=15dkkuu&s=3

The winner of the 2007 Masters, Zach Johnson (The normal guy from Iowa)
treated his fellow Champions to dinner on Tuesday using Iowa corn fed
beef and other fixings which he planned with the assistance of Ruth's
Chris steakhouse but the actual cooking was done by the staff at the
Augusta National.

Posted to alt.binaries.food,rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 > wrote in news:_62dnY57s79LxmPanZ2dnUVZ_u-
:

> Pimento Cheese sandwich, Masters Chips and a diet coke.
>
> Lunch cost- $3.50
>
> Purchases at the Pro Shop- $385.

LOL!!! Whaddidyaget?

> A few days spent in glorious surroundings and meeting some of the
> golfers- Priceless

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=nywl1u&s=3

Lunch in a bag. yum.

(Please note my enthusiasm :-)

No pic of out of the bag?

> http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2exlegx&s=3
> http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=15dkkuu&s=3

No on course pics?

No cameras allowed?

> The winner of the 2007 Masters, Zach Johnson (The normal guy from Iowa)

LOL!!! I looked at that and thought he was *this* years winner and was
about to go and lay big $$'s on the outcome!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

"Thirty seven years ago, a Quarter Master, nearly knocked me over as he
thrust an L1A1 SLR into my hands and bellowed, "Keep that Rifle in Tip Top
Order so you can Kill your Countries Enemies with it before they Kill You.
These days, I do not have to visit exotic overseas countries as my
Countries Enemies are seen wallowing around our seats of government, they
guzzle and cavort at the Public trough so deeply they make Caligula and
Nero look like Church choir boys."

Mr Ron Owen, 2000, in a letter to then Premier Olsen.
Posted to alt.binaries.food,rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 > wrote:
> Pimento Cheese sandwich, Masters Chips and a diet coke.
>
> Lunch cost- $3.50
>
> Purchases at the Pro Shop- $385.
>
> A few days spent in glorious surroundings and meeting some of the
> golfers- Priceless
>
> http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=nywl1u&s=3
> http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2exlegx&s=3
> http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=15dkkuu&s=3
>
> The winner of the 2007 Masters, Zach Johnson (The normal guy from Iowa)
> treated his fellow Champions to dinner on Tuesday using Iowa corn fed
> beef and other fixings which he planned with the assistance of Ruth's
> Chris steakhouse but the actual cooking was done by the staff at the
> Augusta National.

Wonderful! Interesting(?) choice of pics, although I expected to see you
with Tiger and Zach. I'm happy for ya, you bastid!

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.binaries.food,rec.food.cooking

Nick Cramer wrote:

> Wonderful! Interesting(?) choice of pics, although I expected to see you
> with Tiger and Zach. I'm happy for ya, you bastid!

I have a close up of Tiger from a couple years ago....but it is just too
much trouble (to me) to compete with all the crowds for that. And when
I've been able to speak privately with the players I've never imposed to
ask anything of them. I like to think they appreciate that, y'know?
Cameras are *very* restricted there and they can only be brought to the
practice rounds and not into the tournament itself. No cell phones,
pagers, cameras, large purses, walkmans, yada yada yada. I took some
pictures of the course last week before the public trampled it, and then
yesterday I took some fast shots of the courtesy supplied Mercedes Benzs
in the player's parking lot and my simple little lunch.

ObFood-New to the menu this year for those in need of a sweet is the
little miniature Masters Moonpie. They were 2/$1. I almost hated to tear
into the little custom wrapper, lol!
Posted to alt.binaries.food,rec.food.cooking

PeterLucas wrote:
> Goomba38 > wrote in news:_62dnY57s79LxmPanZ2dnUVZ_u-
> :
>
>> Pimento Cheese sandwich, Masters Chips and a diet coke.
>>
>> Lunch cost- $3.50
>>
>> Purchases at the Pro Shop- $385.

> LOL!!! Whaddidyaget?

Letsee... a little puce colored jacket, a lavender colored knit shirt, a
very traditional green/white striped men's polo <gift for someone>, 6 of
the wonderful tumblers I give out to folks for as gifts... I think that
was about it? I probably spent close to $800 between the clubhouse pro
shop and the public shop last few years. Mostly on gifts oddly enough?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=nywl1u&s=3

> Lunch in a bag. yum.
>

> (Please note my enthusiasm :-)
>

> No pic of out of the bag?

LOL, I didn't think of that! <slaps head> And I can't do it tomorrow as
cameras are banned now that the tournament has begun. I do have one of
the new miniature Masters Moonpies in the kitchen I brought home, but
I'm too lazy to go photograph it.
I did also bring home about 10 of the collectors cups which this year
features Amen Corner and celebrates the fiftieth anniversary of the name.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cryambers wrote:

> I was just thinking about you the other day. We're planning to get
> rid of our excess microwave and the cart it is on. I'm not fully in
> agreement with this, but we do need to get rid of stuff ;-p I have
> quite an assortment of plastic cups, plates, forks, teas and other
> assorted items that *belong* in the cabinet of the microwave cart.
> The Masters tumblers have now been moved to a kitchen cabinet with
> foil pie tins and various lasagna pans.
>
> Then I thought about you yesterday, when I stopped in someplace and
> they had the Masters on tv!
>
> pat

So what'ya saying here... you don't need this years cup too?

My latest Master's thrill was driving down Magnolia Lane (gasp!) in one
of the courtesy Mercedes on loan to the players!
It was a almost surreal.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 wrote:
> Cryambers wrote:
>

> > I was just thinking about you the other day. We're planning to get
> > rid of our excess microwave and the cart it is on. I'm not fully in
> > agreement with this, but we do need to get rid of stuff ;-p I have
> > quite an assortment of plastic cups, plates, forks, teas and other
> > assorted items that *belong* in the cabinet of the microwave cart.
> > The Masters tumblers have now been moved to a kitchen cabinet with
> > foil pie tins and various lasagna pans.
> >
> > Then I thought about you yesterday, when I stopped in someplace and
> > they had the Masters on tv!
> >
> > pat

> So what'ya saying here... you don't need this years cup too?

My husband would say I don't;-) I like having a collection of solid
reusable plastic cups. I've got some Mardi Gras ones and other
various commemorative cups too.

> My latest Master's thrill was driving down Magnolia Lane (gasp!) in one
> of the courtesy Mercedes on loan to the players!
> It was a almost surreal.

That sounds pretty cool. You've got connections :-)

pat

Top Chef Masters Alan General Cooking 1 20-08-2009 08:59 PM
Top Chef - Masters Default User General Cooking 4 01-07-2009 10:34 AM
Teach me, Masters Kristen Tea 36 25-01-2007 01:10 PM
Tea masters Melinda Tea 16 03-06-2005 09:22 AM
Question for the Q masters MD Barbecue 3 03-10-2003 05:42 AM