Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Betty Crocker Crisp Waffles

2 eggs
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted, or vegetable oil
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

Heat waffle iron. Beat eggs with hand beater until fluffy;
beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth. Pour batter from
cup or pitcher onto center of hot waffle iron. Bake until
steaming stops, about 5 minutes. Remove waffle carefully.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> 2 eggs
> 1 3/4 cups milk
> 1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted, or vegetable oil
> 2 cups all-purpose flour
> 4 teaspoons baking powder
> 1 tablespoon sugar
> 1/2 teaspoon salt
>
> Heat waffle iron. Beat eggs with hand beater until fluffy;
> beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth. Pour batter from
> cup or pitcher onto center of hot waffle iron. Bake until
> steaming stops, about 5 minutes. Remove waffle carefully.

Thanks, Nancy! For some reason I thought it called for buttermilk... hmmm.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in
:

> Nancy Young wrote:
>> 2 eggs
>> 1 3/4 cups milk
>> 1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted, or vegetable oil
>> 2 cups all-purpose flour
>> 4 teaspoons baking powder
>> 1 tablespoon sugar
>> 1/2 teaspoon salt
>>
>> Heat waffle iron. Beat eggs with hand beater until fluffy;
>> beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth. Pour batter from
>> cup or pitcher onto center of hot waffle iron. Bake until
>> steaming stops, about 5 minutes. Remove waffle carefully.
>>

> Thanks, Nancy! For some reason I thought it called for buttermilk...
> hmmm.
>
> Jill

I'd go for sourcream over the buttermilk.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

A man in line at the bank kept falling over...when he got to a teller he
asked for his balance.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2008-04-08, jmcquown > wrote:

> Thanks, Nancy! For some reason I thought it called for buttermilk... hmmm.

If it didn't, it should. BUTTERMILK!

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:
>> 2 eggs
>> 1 3/4 cups milk
>> 1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted, or vegetable oil
>> 2 cups all-purpose flour
>> 4 teaspoons baking powder
>> 1 tablespoon sugar
>> 1/2 teaspoon salt
>>
>> Heat waffle iron. Beat eggs with hand beater until fluffy;
>> beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth. Pour batter from
>> cup or pitcher onto center of hot waffle iron. Bake until
>> steaming stops, about 5 minutes. Remove waffle carefully.
>>

> Thanks, Nancy! For some reason I thought it called for buttermilk...
> hmmm.

That's why I asked, they had a number of variations on this recipe,
let me look. No, they don't have it.

Just for chuckles, here's the recipe for buttermilk waffles from
the new favorite basic cookbook here, America's Test Kitchen
Family Cookbook:

Buttermilk Waffles

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons finely ground cornmeal (optional)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 large eggs, separated
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 3/4 cups buttermilk
pinch cream of tartar

Heat waffle iron. Whisk together dry ingredients. In a separate bowl,
whisk together egg yolks, butter, and then the buttermilk. Beat the
egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric mixer on medium-high speed
until stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes. Make a well in the center of the
dry ingredients, pour the buttermilk mixture in the the well, and whisk very
gently until the buttermilk mixture is just incorporated ( a few lumps
should
remain). Toward the end of mixing, fold the whipped egg whites into the
batter.

Cook the waffles about 3 minutes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob > wrote in news:WvLKj.33689$Wj1.23516
@fe111.usenetserver.com:

> If it didn't, it should. BUTTERMILK!

SOUR CREAM!!!

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

A man in line at the bank kept falling over...when he got to a teller he
asked for his balance.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"hahabogus" > wrote

> notbob > wrote

>> If it didn't, it should. BUTTERMILK!

> SOUR CREAM!!!

FOOD FIGHT!!!

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> "hahabogus" > wrote
>
>> notbob > wrote

>>> If it didn't, it should. BUTTERMILK!

>> SOUR CREAM!!!

> FOOD FIGHT!!!
>
> nancy

I'll settle it... I have sour cream. Don't have buttermilk

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in
:

> "hahabogus" > wrote
>
>> notbob > wrote

>>> If it didn't, it should. BUTTERMILK!

>> SOUR CREAM!!!

> FOOD FIGHT!!!
>
> nancy

You just want to get frisbeed with a sourcream ice cream laidened belgium
waffle, you know you'd love it!

Is laidened a word? Frisbee is a verb I know for sure...

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

A man in line at the bank kept falling over...when he got to a teller he
asked for his balance.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in
:

> Nancy Young wrote:
>> "hahabogus" > wrote
>>
>>> notbob > wrote

>>> SOUR CREAM!!!

>> FOOD FIGHT!!!
>>
>> nancy
>>

> I'll settle it... I have sour cream. Don't have buttermilk
>
> Jill

Thank god! another good use for sour cream...diaster averted...Just
another average day for your normal everyday super hero.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

A man in line at the bank kept falling over...when he got to a teller he
asked for his balance.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"hahabogus" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>> "hahabogus" > wrote
>>
>>> notbob > wrote

>>> SOUR CREAM!!!

>> FOOD FIGHT!!!

> You just want to get frisbeed with a sourcream ice cream laidened belgium
> waffle, you know you'd love it!

You betcha!

> Is laidened a word? Frisbee is a verb I know for sure...

Laidened could be a new word. Frisbee a waffle over, will ya?

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 8, 7:44*am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote
>

> > Nancy Young wrote:
> >> 2 eggs
> >> 1 3/4 cups milk
> >> 1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted, or vegetable oil
> >> 2 cups all-purpose flour
> >> 4 teaspoons baking powder
> >> 1 tablespoon sugar
> >> 1/2 teaspoon salt

> >> Heat waffle iron. *Beat eggs with hand beater until fluffy;
> >> beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth. *Pour batter from
> >> cup or pitcher onto center of hot waffle iron. *Bake until
> >> steaming stops, about 5 minutes. *Remove waffle carefully.

> > Thanks, Nancy! *For some reason I thought it called for buttermilk...
> > hmmm.

> That's why I asked, they had a number of variations on this recipe,
> let me look. *No, they don't have it.
>
> Just for chuckles, here's the recipe for buttermilk waffles from
> the new favorite basic cookbook here, America's Test Kitchen
> Family Cookbook:
>
> Buttermilk Waffles
>
> 2 cups all-purpose flour
> 2 tablespoons finely ground cornmeal (optional)
> 1 teaspoon salt
> 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
> 2 large eggs, separated
> 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
> 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
> pinch cream of tartar
>
> Heat waffle iron. *Whisk together dry ingredients. *In a separate bowl,
> whisk together egg yolks, butter, and then the buttermilk. *Beat the
> egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric mixer on medium-high speed
> until stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes. *Make a well in the center of the
> dry ingredients, pour the buttermilk mixture in the the well, and whisk very
> gently until the buttermilk mixture is just incorporated ( a few lumps
> should
> remain). *Toward the end of mixing, fold the whipped egg whites into the
> batter.
>
> Cook the waffles about 3 minutes.- Hide quoted text -

I recently made waffles from a recipe from Joy. I saw notes that said
for better results, beat eggs seperately, like in this recipe. Have
you tried that method? Any noticable difference??
Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:

> I recently made waffles from a recipe from Joy. I saw notes that said
> for better results, beat eggs seperately, like in this recipe. Have
> you tried that method? Any noticable difference??

I use the JoC recipe for plain waffles. A few weeks ago I tried the buttermilk
recipe, which was okay, but not worth having to run out and buy buttermilk for. It
didn't seem to make as big a difference with waffles as it does with pancakes. I
always beat the egg whites separately and fold them in.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"merryb" > wrote

>On Apr 8, 7:44 am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:

>> Just for chuckles, here's the recipe for buttermilk waffles from
>> the new favorite basic cookbook here, America's Test Kitchen
>> Family Cookbook:

>> Buttermilk Waffles

>> 2 cups all-purpose flour
>> 2 tablespoons finely ground cornmeal (optional)
>> 1 teaspoon salt
>> 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
>> 2 large eggs, separated
>> 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
>> 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
>> pinch cream of tartar

>> Heat waffle iron. Whisk together dry ingredients. In a separate bowl,
>> whisk together egg yolks, butter, and then the buttermilk. Beat the
>> egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric mixer on medium-high
>> speed
>> until stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes. Make a well in the center of the
>> dry ingredients, pour the buttermilk mixture in the the well, and whisk
>> very
>> gently until the buttermilk mixture is just incorporated ( a few lumps
>> should
>> remain). Toward the end of mixing, fold the whipped egg whites into the
>> batter.

>> Cook the waffles about 3 minutes

>I recently made waffles from a recipe from Joy. I saw notes that said
>for better results, beat eggs seperately, like in this recipe. Have
>you tried that method? Any noticable difference??

No, I haven't made waffles at all. I hope someone else can help.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> Nancy Young wrote:
>>> 2 eggs
>>> 1 3/4 cups milk
>>> 1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted, or vegetable oil
>>> 2 cups all-purpose flour
>>> 4 teaspoons baking powder
>>> 1 tablespoon sugar
>>> 1/2 teaspoon salt
>>>
>>> Heat waffle iron. Beat eggs with hand beater until fluffy;
>>> beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth. Pour batter from
>>> cup or pitcher onto center of hot waffle iron. Bake until
>>> steaming stops, about 5 minutes. Remove waffle carefully.
>>>

>> Thanks, Nancy! For some reason I thought it called for buttermilk...
>> hmmm.
>>
>> Jill
>>

>I'd go for sourcream over the buttermilk.

There's a big difference between buttermilk and regular milk in taste
of the finished product. While I don't ever have buttermilk on hand,
I usually do have either sour cream or plain yogurt (which I prefer to
substitute for sour cream).... so thanks for the idea.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 11:01:07 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>"hahabogus" > wrote
>
>> notbob > wrote

>>> If it didn't, it should. BUTTERMILK!

>> SOUR CREAM!!!

>FOOD FIGHT!!!

Plain Yogurt!

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf <.> wrote in :

> Plain Yogurt!

French Vanilla Yogurt or Sour Cream!!!!

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

A man in line at the bank kept falling over...when he got to a teller he
asked for his balance.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 08 Apr 2008 10:14:49p, hahabogus told us...

> sf <.> wrote in :
>
>> Plain Yogurt!
>>

> French Vanilla Yogurt or Sour Cream!!!!

Créme Fraiche!!!

--
Wayne Boatwright
Tuesday, 04(IV)/08(VIII)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..
>2 eggs
> 1 3/4 cups milk
> 1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted, or vegetable oil
> 2 cups all-purpose flour
> 4 teaspoons baking powder
> 1 tablespoon sugar
> 1/2 teaspoon salt
>
> Heat waffle iron. Beat eggs with hand beater until fluffy;
> beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth. Pour batter from
> cup or pitcher onto center of hot waffle iron. Bake until
> steaming stops, about 5 minutes. Remove waffle carefully.

You really should whip up maybe 4 egg whites and fold it into the batter.
It makes for a much lighter and more delicate waffle.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 05:14:49 GMT, hahabogus > wrote:

>sf <.> wrote in :
>
>> Plain Yogurt!
>>

>French Vanilla Yogurt

YEAH THAT TOO! I use it in my "sour cream" coffee cake.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 05:25:25 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Tue 08 Apr 2008 10:14:49p, hahabogus told us...
>
>> sf <.> wrote in :
>>
>>> Plain Yogurt!
>>>

>> French Vanilla Yogurt or Sour Cream!!!!
>>

>Créme Fraiche!!!

Getting all hoity toidy, are we? LOLOL - no strawberries to go with
that? If I'm going to be in a food fight, I might as well *really*
enjoy what's thrown at me!

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 12:06:46 -0400, Dave Smith

>always beat the egg whites separately and fold them in.

My grandmother did that when she made her "dollar" pancakes. It was
like eating little clouds.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 12:15:53 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>I haven't made waffles at all. I hope someone else can help.
>
>nancy

"At all" as in *never*???? How did you manage that?

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 07:04:29 -0700, sf <.> wrote:

>On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 12:15:53 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
>wrote:
>
>>I haven't made waffles at all. I hope someone else can help.
>>
>>nancy

>"At all" as in *never*???? How did you manage that?

never making waffles is one of life's easier achievements. i've done
it countless times.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 09 Apr 2008 06:57:58a, sf told us...

> On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 05:25:25 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:

>>> French Vanilla Yogurt or Sour Cream!!!!
>>>

>>Créme Fraiche!!!

> Getting all hoity toidy, are we? LOLOL - no strawberries to go with
> that? If I'm going to be in a food fight, I might as well *really*
> enjoy what's thrown at me!

Black, red,and white raspberries to go with the créme fraiche. Now
*that's* hoity toidy. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Wednesday, 04(IV)/09(IX)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" schrieb :
> On Wed 09 Apr 2008 06:57:58a, sf told us...
>
>> On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 05:25:25 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>On Tue 08 Apr 2008 10:14:49p, hahabogus told us...

>>>Créme Fraiche!!!

>> Getting all hoity toidy, are we? LOLOL - no strawberries to go with
>> that? If I'm going to be in a food fight, I might as well *really*
>> enjoy what's thrown at me!
>>

> Black, red,and white raspberries to go with the créme fraiche. Now
> *that's* hoity toidy. :-)

Feh !
Mix whipped cream with mascarpone (1:2) and mix in halved strawberries !
Let it rest in the fridge for two hours.

Cheers,

Michael Kuettner

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> My grandmother did that when she made her "dollar" pancakes. It was
> like eating little clouds.

There is a custard recipe that calls for globs of egg white on top of
the hot custard to make clouds or nests <?>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 9, 8:42*am, blake murphy > wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 07:04:29 -0700, sf <.> wrote:
> >On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 12:15:53 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
> >wrote:

> >>I haven't made waffles at all. *I hope someone else can help.

> >>nancy

> >"At all" as in *never*???? *How did you manage that?

> never making waffles is one of life's easier achievements. *i've done
> it countless times.
>
> your pal,
> blake

You haven't lived until you've made waffles!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 09 Apr 2008 12:21:32p, merryb told us...

> On Apr 9, 8:42*am, blake murphy > wrote:
>> On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 07:04:29 -0700, sf <.> wrote:

>> >"At all" as in *never*???? *How did you manage that?

>> never making waffles is one of life's easier achievements. *i've done
>> it countless times.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

> You haven't lived until you've made waffles!

I can't imagine anyone never having made a waffle.

Waffles were so popular when I was a kid that waffle irons were usually
brought right to the dining table and the waffles were made and served
directly. That's probably why so many very old waffle irons were so
"fancy" in appearance.

In the very early days of small portable appliances, the cords had no
plugs, but rather, screw-in fittings that replaced a light bulb in a
socket. Many old homes had electric lighting, but were not outfitted with
many electric wall sockets. Folks connected appliances into overhead
lighting fixtures for power.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Wednesday, 04(IV)/09(IX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
6wks 4dys 9hrs 55mins
Before Xerox, five carbons were the
maximum extension of anybody's ego.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 9, 2:17*pm, Wayne Boatwright >
wrote:
> On Wed 09 Apr 2008 12:21:32p, merryb told us...

> >> never making waffles is one of life's easier achievements. *i've done
> >> it countless times.

> >> your pal,
> >> blake

> > You haven't lived until you've made waffles!

> I can't imagine anyone never having made a waffle.
>
> Waffles were so popular when I was a *kid that waffle irons were usually
> brought right to the dining table and the waffles were made and served
> directly. *That's probably why so many very old waffle irons were so
> "fancy" in appearance.
>
> In the very early days of small portable appliances, the cords had no
> plugs, but rather, screw-in fittings that replaced a light bulb in a
> socket. *Many old homes had electric lighting, but were not outfitted with
> many electric wall sockets. *Folks connected appliances into overhead
> lighting fixtures for power.
>
> --
> * * * * * * *Wayne Boatwright * * * * * *
> * * *Wednesday, 04(IV)/09(IX)/08(MMVIII)
> * * * * Countdown till Memorial Day * * * *
> * * * * * 6wks 4dys 9hrs 55mins * * * * *
> * * Before Xerox, five carbons were the * *
> * * maximum extension of anybody's ego. * *

If you're cooking for more than 2-3 people, they're a pain in the ass-
they are best served right after making, so it's hard to all eat at
the same time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 14:50:56 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>sf wrote:
>

>> My grandmother did that when she made her "dollar" pancakes. It was
>> like eating little clouds.

>There is a custard recipe that calls for globs of egg white on top of
>the hot custard to make clouds or nests <?>

Floating islands?

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/231611

Jo Anne
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 09 Apr 2008 02:29:13p, merryb told us...

@comcast.net>

>> > You haven't lived until you've made waffles!

>> I can't imagine anyone never having made a waffle.
>>
>> Waffles were so popular when I was a *kid that waffle irons were usually

>> brought right to the dining table and the waffles were made and served
>> directly. *That's probably why so many very old waffle irons were so
>> "fancy" in appearance.
>>
>> In the very early days of small portable appliances, the cords had no
>> plugs, but rather, screw-in fittings that replaced a light bulb in a
>> socket. *Many old homes had electric lighting, but were not outfitted wi
>> th many electric wall sockets. *Folks connected appliances into overhead
>> lighting fixtures for power.
>>
>> --
>> * * * * * * *Wayne Boatwright * * * * * *
>> * * *Wednesday, 04(IV)/09(IX)/08(MMVIII)
>> * * * * Countdown till Memorial Day * * * *
>> * * * * * 6wks 4dys 9hrs 55mins * * * * *
>> * * Before Xerox, five carbons were the * *
>> * * maximum extension of anybody's ego. * *

> If you're cooking for more than 2-3 people, they're a pain in the ass-
> they are best served right after making, so it's hard to all eat at
> the same time.

Yes, I guess you're right. Back then it seemed to be more of a "waffle
party" and no one minded.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Wednesday, 04(IV)/09(IX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
6wks 4dys 6hrs 30mins
Dogs look up to us; cats look down;
pigs treat us as equals

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 19:20:20 +0200, "Michael Kuettner"
> wrote:

>"Wayne Boatwright" schrieb :
>> On Wed 09 Apr 2008 06:57:58a, sf told us...
>>
>>> On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 05:25:25 GMT, Wayne Boatwright

>>> Getting all hoity toidy, are we? LOLOL - no strawberries to go with
>>> that? If I'm going to be in a food fight, I might as well *really*
>>> enjoy what's thrown at me!
>>>

>> Black, red,and white raspberries to go with the créme fraiche. Now
>> *that's* hoity toidy. :-)
>>

>Feh !
>Mix whipped cream with mascarpone (1:2) and mix in halved strawberries !
>Let it rest in the fridge for two hours.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Michael Kuettner

Dang, and I have those ingredients. Off to whip some cream ;-)

koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 3/30
"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 16:17:38 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>Black, red,and white raspberries to go with the créme fraiche. Now
>*that's* hoity toidy. :-)

getting into the tub to enjoy it all.... )

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 15:42:27 GMT, blake murphy >
wrote:

>On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 07:04:29 -0700, sf <.> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 12:15:53 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I haven't made waffles at all. I hope someone else can help.
>>>
>>>nancy

>>"At all" as in *never*???? How did you manage that?

>never making waffles is one of life's easier achievements. i've done
>it countless times.

Never as in never even making "toaster" waffles?

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" <.> wrote

> On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 15:42:27 GMT, blake murphy >
> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 07:04:29 -0700, sf <.> wrote:

>>>"At all" as in *never*???? How did you manage that?

>>never making waffles is one of life's easier achievements. i've done
>>it countless times.
>>

> Never as in never even making "toaster" waffles?

I think I'm on solid ground when I say that does *not* count as
making waffles.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> schrieb :
> On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 19:20:20 +0200, "Michael Kuettner" wrote:
>

>>"Wayne Boatwright" schrieb :
>>> On Wed 09 Apr 2008 06:57:58a, sf told us...
>>> Black, red,and white raspberries to go with the créme fraiche. Now
>>> *that's* hoity toidy. :-)
>>>

>>Feh !
>>Mix whipped cream with mascarpone (1:2) and mix in halved strawberries !
>>Let it rest in the fridge for two hours.
>>

> Dang, and I have those ingredients. Off to whip some cream ;-)

Ha !
The first victim of the food-fight !
What do I win ?

Cheers,

Michael Kuettner

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 12:21:32 -0700 (PDT), merryb >
wrote:

>On Apr 9, 8:42*am, blake murphy > wrote:
>> On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 07:04:29 -0700, sf <.> wrote:

>> >"At all" as in *never*???? *How did you manage that?

>> never making waffles is one of life's easier achievements. *i've done
>> it countless times.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

>You haven't lived until you've made waffles!

i'm trying to save a few things for my sunset years.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 22:05:31 -0700, sf <.> wrote:

>On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 15:42:27 GMT, blake murphy >
>wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 07:04:29 -0700, sf <.> wrote:

>>>"At all" as in *never*???? How did you manage that?

>>never making waffles is one of life's easier achievements. i've done
>>it countless times.
>>

>Never as in never even making "toaster" waffles?

i think my mother used to make them every once in a great while, i
can't honestly recall having done so. i'll confess to a pop-tart or
two.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:
> On Apr 9, 8:42 am, blake murphy > wrote:
>> On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 07:04:29 -0700, sf <.> wrote:
>>> On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 12:15:53 -0400, "Nancy Young"

>>> "At all" as in *never*???? How did you manage that?

>> never making waffles is one of life's easier achievements. i've done
>> it countless times.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

> You haven't lived until you've made waffles!

I have to say I have never made them so I am in good company with blake)