Kathleen

Default Funeral Food - Part Duh - some suggestions

Siobhan Perricone wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 08:39:34 -0600, Kathleen > wrote:
>

>>>It's all good...I was trying to think of something other than pb&j that
>>>kids would like...ideas?

>>Quesadillas.
>>Mini pizzas

> I can see these.
>

>>Chicken drummies

> This I can see provided they aren't sauced in any way.

Nope. Just salted and peppered and baked until crunchy. Sauce (buffalo
and/or BBQ) on the side in case the grownups would care to indulge.

>>Sloppy joes

> Too risky. Kids aren't usually eating at a table at a wake.

True.

Kathleen

Nancy Howells

In article >, Kathleen
> wrote:

> Herself wrote:
> > Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
> >

> >>Yeah, I thought about that after I posted.

> > But I love the list!!!! :-)
> >
> > It's all good...I was trying to think of something other than pb&j that
> > kids would like...ideas?
> >

> Quesadillas.
> Mini pizzas
> Chicken drummies
> Sloppy joes
>
> Kathleen

I would take off the joes, and add mini cheeseburgers or hamburgers.

--
Nancy Howells (don't forget to switch it, and replace the to send mail).
Melba's Jammin'

Default Funeral Food - Part Duh - some suggestions - Getting more off-topic -- may want to skip it.

In article > ,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message

(snippage -- more off topic stuff to come)

> > Don't ask for first dibs on his power tools. Don't ask if she
> > plans to stay in their home. Don't ask for a piece of her jewelry.
> > (Don't laugh. You wouldn't believe some of the outrageous things
> > people will "inquire about" -- wanna be first in line, y'know.)

> Damn woman you're good.

You have no idea. :-)
You've got 4 girls, sons-in-law, and grandkids. Read through this, Pal.

<http://www.yellowpieplate.umn.edu/indexB.html>

> What great advise.

"If you want to know a person's true character, share an inheritance
with him/her." When Mom died 22 years ago, sibling rivalries
established in early childhood came front and center. Mom, bless her
weary soul, left these instructions: don't sell the house to Brother
Nameless, and Sister Nameless should receive 25% of the sale for her
care of Mom in Mom's declining years; and everything else should be
"share and share alike." What a flippin' nightmare. One of the fights
ended with Another Sister Nameless telling Niece Nameless that she could
HAVE the broken anniversary clock that ASN's son had requested, AND she
could stick it up her ass. SN and ASN didn't speak for years (NN is
daughter of SN) -- now they are the best of friends. Go figure. LOL!!

I like the idea of bequeathing and I need to put The List (attorney
refers to it that way) on paper. That way, says he, I can "wave The
List in their face" whenever anyone ****es me off with the threat to get
out the eraser. :-)

--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)

Nancy Young

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Don't ask for first dibs on his power tools. Don't ask if she plans to
> stay in their home. Don't ask for a piece of her jewelry. (Don't
> laugh. You wouldn't believe some of the outrageous things people will
> "inquire about" -- wanna be first in line, y'know.)

I've already taken care of that angle. I'm the executrix. I get to
rifle through the stuff before anything leaves the house. Changing
the locks right off, dontcha know. Those opal earrings are MINE
MINE MINE.

(laughing) Just kidding, of course, I'm the apple of my little
brother's eyes and I would never cheat them. Besides, my stepmother
will outlive me by decades. She's not going anywhere.

nancy
Terry Pulliam

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:41:15 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> arranged random neurons, so they looked
like this:

>"If you want to know a person's true character, share an inheritance
>with him/her."

<snippidy>

Ain't that the damned truth. My dear sister (executrix) did just what
I thought she would do: she essentially stole everything of value and
told me that Mother had "given" it to her 1/2/3/4 years ago (I lived
out of state) *and* forgot about the $6,000 in cash that she took from
Mother's checking account b/c she thought the account would be frozen
and $15k in bearer bonds from her safe deposit box. And so badly
botched the accounting of the estate that I spent $4K in attorneys'
fees getting it straightened out so we could close the estate AND not
get dragged to jail by the IRS. This on top of her having inherited
2/3 of Mother's estate (Mother figured I was comfortable). *Then* she
tried to charge me executrix fees of 10% of the total estate! There's
no uglier fight than a family fight, IMHO.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
good dinner." Anonymous.

To reply, remove "gotcha"
Nancy Young

Terry Pulliam wrote:

> Ain't that the damned truth. My dear sister (executrix) did just what
> I thought she would do: she essentially stole everything of value and
> told me that Mother had "given" it to her 1/2/3/4 years ago (I lived
> out of state) *and* forgot about the $6,000 in cash that she took from
> Mother's checking account b/c she thought the account would be frozen
> and $15k in bearer bonds from her safe deposit box.

YIKES! That would really **** me off. I was only goofing earlier,
yes, I am executrix, but I would never short my brothers. What fun
is money if you steal it.

> And so badly
> botched the accounting of the estate that I spent $4K in attorneys'
> fees getting it straightened out so we could close the estate AND not
> get dragged to jail by the IRS. This on top of her having inherited
> 2/3 of Mother's estate (Mother figured I was comfortable).

What is up with that. Every time I hear that I shudder.

> *Then* she
> tried to charge me executrix fees of 10% of the total estate! There's
> no uglier fight than a family fight, IMHO.

My fil hasn't spoken to his sister since forever because his mother
left the house *he* built for her because, you know, she wasn't
married. It's just not pretty. I recall a ruckus in my ex mil's
family over the estate as well.

Sad stories. nancy