Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Which spice is good for what article.

For interesting reading, such as..

"Today, scientists are finding tantalizing clues that suggest
curcumin might help prevent and treat Alzheimer’s disease and
cancer. Investigators at the University of California at Los
Angeles, studying a mouse model of Alzheimer’s, reported that the
brains of animals fed curcumin had up to 80 percent fewer of the
protein plaques associated with the disease than those of mice
given a normal diet."

Thought I would share the find.
http://www.odemagazine.com/doc/51/the-spices-of-life

Does anyone have another link on the same subject?

Thanks
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 15:08:43 -0800, Blinky the Shark
> wrote:

>sandi wrote:
>
>> For interesting reading, such as..
>>
>> "Today, scientists are finding tantalizing clues that suggest curcumin
>> might help prevent and treat Alzheimer’s disease and cancer.

>Well, "curcumin" certainly sent me to the dictionary? Fess up -- who'd
>never heard of that before? I don't want to think I was the only one.

sf
clueless

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sandi wrote:

> For interesting reading, such as..
>
> "Today, scientists are finding tantalizing clues that suggest curcumin
> might help prevent and treat Alzheimer’s disease and cancer.

Well, "curcumin" certainly sent me to the dictionary? Fess up -- who'd
never heard of that before? I don't want to think I was the only one.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> sandi wrote:
>
>> For interesting reading, such as..
>>
>> "Today, scientists are finding tantalizing clues that suggest curcumin
>> might help prevent and treat Alzheimer’s disease and cancer.

> Well, "curcumin" certainly sent me to the dictionary? Fess up -- who'd
> never heard of that before? I don't want to think I was the only one.

I had to look it up, too.
Texas Janet

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> sandi wrote:
>>
>>> For interesting reading, such as..
>>>
>>> "Today, scientists are finding tantalizing clues that suggest curcumin
>>> might help prevent and treat Alzheimer’s disease and cancer.

>> Well, "curcumin" certainly sent me to the dictionary? Fess up -- who'd
>> never heard of that before? I don't want to think I was the only one.
>>

> I had to look it up, too.
> Texas Janet
>
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
> Good Friends. Good Life

Of course I've heard of it. In fact, it was just used in a posting to rfc
today. I've know about it for hours now.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> sandi wrote:

>> "Today, scientists are finding tantalizing clues that suggest curcumin
>> might help prevent and treat Alzheimer’s disease and cancer.

> Well, "curcumin" certainly sent me to the dictionary? Fess up -- who'd
> never heard of that before? I don't want to think I was the only one.

Never heard of it before. Time to make some more of my "Indian" bread
with tumeric and cumin seeds.

--
John Kane, Kingston ON Canada

Good chile article modom (palindrome guy)[_3_] General Cooking 1 23-03-2009 08:02 PM
Good article on BBQ BOB[_8_] Barbecue 2 01-07-2007 11:57 PM
Good Article About Growlers Tom or Mary Beer 5 08-01-2006 02:52 PM
Good Q article. Pierre Barbecue 1 16-06-2005 02:26 PM
Pepper and Spice Article butch burton General Cooking 9 10-11-2003 07:43 AM