Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "A guide to the Los Angeles taco scene"

Thought Blinky and others might enjoy the read.

"The Great Taco Hunt" http://tacohunt.blogspot.com/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sandi <sandi >> wrote:

> Thought Blinky and others might enjoy the read.
>
> "The Great Taco Hunt" http://tacohunt.blogspot.com/

I havent seen that site, but along those lines is:

http://www.burritophile.com/

Which covers many major cities.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sandi wrote:

> Thought Blinky and others might enjoy the read.
>
> "The Great Taco Hunt" http://tacohunt.blogspot.com/

Indeed. And I've bookmarked that page for future food-hunting.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sandi wrote:

> Thought Blinky and others might enjoy the read.
>
> "The Great Taco Hunt" http://tacohunt.blogspot.com/

Even in a big city, it's sometimes a small world.

From that site:

"The road to taco bliss is paved with good intentions. I opened up my big
mouth and declared tacos zorro the king of the valley. This contention was
challenged by someone who goes by the name of "the taco duder". I
recieved the cryptic note via email " car wash - vineland and vanowen-
tacos la fonda for the best tacos in the valley, not tacos zorro"

"So I took up the challenge and rolled into east valley searching for the
famed tacos la fonda."

- http://tacohunt.blogspot.com/2006/09...-la-fonda.html

That location (Tacos la Fonda is a roach coach) is directly across the
street from my usual BBQ joint. And I was there just yesterday for
a baby back ribs and links combo plate with beans and potato
salad. All tables at the Q joint have a nice view of the end of the car
wash where the cars roll out to be toweled off.

The next one I looked at on that page is not only near me but on my
way to my favorite computer store -- I've probably driven by it hundreds
of times over the years. A comment mentions their good breakfast
burritos, and Blinky loves breakfast burritos.

Thanks again for the link. Mmmmmmmmm!

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Los Angeles taco scene w/ Chorizo"

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
news
> sandi wrote:
>
>> Thought Blinky and others might enjoy the read.
>>
>> "The Great Taco Hunt" http://tacohunt.blogspot.com/

> Even in a big city, it's sometimes a small world.
>
> From that site:
>
> "The road to taco bliss is paved with good intentions. I opened up my big
> mouth and declared tacos zorro the king of the valley. This contention was
> challenged by someone who goes by the name of "the taco duder". I
> recieved the cryptic note via email " car wash - vineland and vanowen-
> tacos la fonda for the best tacos in the valley, not tacos zorro"
>
> "So I took up the challenge and rolled into east valley searching for the
> famed tacos la fonda."
>
> - http://tacohunt.blogspot.com/2006/09...-la-fonda.html
>
> That location (Tacos la Fonda is a roach coach) is directly across the
> street from my usual BBQ joint. And I was there just yesterday for
> a baby back ribs and links combo plate with beans and potato
> salad. All tables at the Q joint have a nice view of the end of the car
> wash where the cars roll out to be toweled off.
>
> The next one I looked at on that page is not only near me but on my
> way to my favorite computer store -- I've probably driven by it hundreds
> of times over the years. A comment mentions their good breakfast
> burritos, and Blinky loves breakfast burritos.
>
> Thanks again for the link. Mmmmmmmmm!
>

> --
> Blinky
> Killing all posts from Google Groups
> The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org
> Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

And again your fav Roach Coach:
http://www.chowhound.com/topics/492698

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gunner wrote:

> "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
> news
>> sandi wrote:
>>
>>> Thought Blinky and others might enjoy the read.
>>>
>>> "The Great Taco Hunt" http://tacohunt.blogspot.com/

>> Even in a big city, it's sometimes a small world.
>>
>> From that site:
>>
>> "The road to taco bliss is paved with good intentions. I opened up my
>> big mouth and declared tacos zorro the king of the valley. This
>> contention was challenged by someone who goes by the name of "the taco
>> duder". I recieved the cryptic note via email " car wash - vineland and
>> vanowen- tacos la fonda for the best tacos in the valley, not tacos
>> zorro"
>>
>> "So I took up the challenge and rolled into east valley searching for
>> the famed tacos la fonda."
>>
>> - http://tacohunt.blogspot.com/2006/09...-la-fonda.html
>>
>> That location (Tacos la Fonda is a roach coach) is directly across the
>> street from my usual BBQ joint. And I was there just yesterday for a
>> baby back ribs and links combo plate with beans and potato salad. All
>> tables at the Q joint have a nice view of the end of the car wash where
>> the cars roll out to be toweled off.
>>
>> The next one I looked at on that page is not only near me but on my way
>> to my favorite computer store -- I've probably driven by it hundreds of
>> times over the years. A comment mentions their good breakfast burritos,
>> and Blinky loves breakfast burritos.
>>
>> Thanks again for the link. Mmmmmmmmm!

> And again your fav Roach Coach:
> http://www.chowhound.com/topics/492698

I don't have a favorite Roach Coach, as a careful rereading of my post
will demonstrate. Watch for quotation marks. But yes, I'll be trying
that one; it's good to see it recommended in a second place. Thanks for
the link.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sandi" > wrote in message
> Thought Blinky and others might enjoy the read.
>
> "The Great Taco Hunt" http://tacohunt.blogspot.com/

Haven't been on a taco crawl in ever so long. We have Alberto's out here on
the east side. I have yet to have better fish tacos. And their taquitos
are to die for. They have all kinds of Horchata flavors that they make
themselves. In fact considering the neighborhoods some of them are in, to
die for is not such an unlikely possibility. But the danger does add a lot
to the experience.

Pablo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> sandi <sandi >> wrote:
>
>> Thought Blinky and others might enjoy the read.
>>
>> "The Great Taco Hunt" http://tacohunt.blogspot.com/

> I havent seen that site, but along those lines is:
>
> http://www.burritophile.com/
>
> Which covers many major cities.

I'll have to check it out. Here in Seattle we have www.lostacotrucks.com.

Now I know what I'm having for lunch today...

Hasta,
Curt Nelson

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 20:45:26 -0800, Blinky the Shark
> wrote:

>That location (Tacos la Fonda is a roach coach) is directly across the
>street from my usual BBQ joint. And I was there just yesterday for
>a baby back ribs and links combo plate with beans and potato
>salad. All tables at the Q joint have a nice view of the end of the car
>wash where the cars roll out to be toweled off.
>
>The next one I looked at on that page is not only near me but on my
>way to my favorite computer store -- I've probably driven by it hundreds
>of times over the years. A comment mentions their good breakfast
>burritos, and Blinky loves breakfast burritos.
>
>Thanks again for the link. Mmmmmmmmm!

Okay, where are these places and how do I get to them from here in
Torrance? LOL.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney > wrote in
:

> Torrance

My God-mother lived in Torrance. She's probably buried there too.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

A man in line at the bank kept falling over...when he got to a teller he
asked for his balance.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 20:45:26 -0800, Blinky the Shark >
> wrote:
>

>>That location (Tacos la Fonda is a roach coach) is directly across the
>>street from my usual BBQ joint. And I was there just yesterday for a
>>baby back ribs and links combo plate with beans and potato salad. All
>>tables at the Q joint have a nice view of the end of the car wash where
>>the cars roll out to be toweled off.
>>
>>The next one I looked at on that page is not only near me but on my way
>>to my favorite computer store -- I've probably driven by it hundreds of
>>times over the years. A comment mentions their good breakfast burritos,
>>and Blinky loves breakfast burritos.
>>
>>Thanks again for the link. Mmmmmmmmm!

> Okay, where are these places and how do I get to them from here in
> Torrance? LOL.

Too Many Places

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Curt Nelson wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> sandi <sandi >> wrote:
>>
>>> Thought Blinky and others might enjoy the read.
>>>
>>> "The Great Taco Hunt" http://tacohunt.blogspot.com/

>> I havent seen that site, but along those lines is:
>>
>> http://www.burritophile.com/
>>
>> Which covers many major cities.

> I'll have to check it out. Here in Seattle we have www.lostacotrucks.com.

What's a lost acotruck?

Sorry; I hadda. I love URLs. Remember penisland.com? (They sold pens.)

> Now I know what I'm having for lunch today...

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Mar 13, 8:22*am, Christine Dabney > wrote:

> Okay, where are these places and how do I get to them from here in
> Torrance? LOL.

San Fernando Valley, far too inconvenient a drive from Torrance.
Instead, scout out the stands and trucks in your surrounding
neighborhood. It's a continuing adventure for angelenos. Note the
places that have the longest lines at lunch and the most people
hanging around late at night. When you decide which one to try, say
"What's especially good today?" with a smile. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark <Blinky the Shark >> wrote:

> Remember penisland.com? (They sold pens.)

And then there's wannabees, like PENMART (which is really short for
"PENis MART".

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Christine Dabney wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 20:45:26 -0800, Blinky the Shark
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>That location (Tacos la Fonda is a roach coach) is directly across the
>>>street from my usual BBQ joint. And I was there just yesterday for a
>>>baby back ribs and links combo plate with beans and potato salad. All
>>>tables at the Q joint have a nice view of the end of the car wash where
>>>the cars roll out to be toweled off.
>>>
>>>The next one I looked at on that page is not only near me but on my way
>>>to my favorite computer store -- I've probably driven by it hundreds of
>>>times over the years. A comment mentions their good breakfast burritos,
>>>and Blinky loves breakfast burritos.
>>>
>>>Thanks again for the link. Mmmmmmmmm!

>> Okay, where are these places and how do I get to them from here in
>> Torrance? LOL.

> Too Many Places

I thought you were asking about all those restaurnts on the list.

Still: Mapquest or something will give you routing and you can print out
the directions/maps for easy driving.

Those two aren't far from Hollywood/ThaiTown. Just north of Hollywood, on
the other side of the Hollywood Hills is the area where those two taco
sources are.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> sandi <sandi >> wrote:
>
>> Thought Blinky and others might enjoy the read.
>>
>> "The Great Taco Hunt" http://tacohunt.blogspot.com/

> I havent seen that site, but along those lines is:
>
> http://www.burritophile.com/
>
> Which covers many major cities.
>
> -sw

Jerry would have liked that!