Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default More on PASTA EXPRESS

Want to read some very interesting reviews on this piece of crap,
check out these reviews by those, who like myself, were stupid enough
to buy this piece of crap! However, all is not lost. I am using the
large tube to store cereal in after I open the box. It was either that
or make a fish aquarium out of it. Go here and read three pages of
irate customer reviews:

http://www.infomercialratings.com/pr...express_review

Anthony
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Anthony Ferrante wrote:
> Want to read some very interesting reviews on this piece of crap,
> check out these reviews by those, who like myself, were stupid enough
> to buy this piece of crap! However, all is not lost. I am using the
> large tube to store cereal in after I open the box. It was either that
> or make a fish aquarium out of it. Go here and read three pages of
> irate customer reviews:
>
> http://www.infomercialratings.com/pr...express_review
>
> Anthony

Maybe you should have read the reviews before you wasted your money

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Anthony Ferrante <Anthony Ferrante >>
wrote:

> Want to read some very interesting reviews on this piece of crap,
> check out these reviews by those, who like myself, were stupid enough
> to buy this piece of crap! However, all is not lost. I am using the
> large tube to store cereal in after I open the box. It was either that
> or make a fish aquarium out of it. Go here and read three pages of
> irate customer reviews:
>
> http://www.infomercialratings.com/pr...express_review

Well, duh. I pointed those out last time you said you got suckered
by this thing. And here you are reading them after you already
bought it.

Don't ever let anyone accuse you of being smart.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Anthony Ferrante" > wrote in message
> Want to read some very interesting reviews on this piece of crap,
> check out these reviews by those, who like myself, were stupid enough
> to buy this piece of crap! However, all is not lost. I am using the
> large tube to store cereal in after I open the box. It was either that
> or make a fish aquarium out of it. Go here and read three pages of
> irate customer reviews:
>
> http://www.infomercialratings.com/pr...express_review

That thing is a joke! I would never consider buying it. How hard is it to
cook pasta? I've never had any trouble with it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:26:48 GMT, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>Anthony Ferrante <Anthony Ferrante >>
>wrote:
>
>> Want to read some very interesting reviews on this piece of crap,
>> check out these reviews by those, who like myself, were stupid enough
>> to buy this piece of crap! However, all is not lost. I am using the
>> large tube to store cereal in after I open the box. It was either that
>> or make a fish aquarium out of it. Go here and read three pages of
>> irate customer reviews:
>>
>> http://www.infomercialratings.com/pr...express_review

>Well, duh. I pointed those out last time you said you got suckered
>by this thing. And here you are reading them after you already
>bought it.
>
>Don't ever let anyone accuse you of being smart.
>
>-sw

Why all the nasty comments? I do not remember you ever pointing it out
to me or anyone. Whether I read it then or now is a moot point as I
had already bought the junk. I won't make that mistake again.

Anthony

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 23:05:29 GMT, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

>"Anthony Ferrante" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Want to read some very interesting reviews on this piece of crap,
>> check out these reviews by those, who like myself, were stupid enough
>> to buy this piece of crap! However, all is not lost. I am using the
>> large tube to store cereal in after I open the box. It was either that
>> or make a fish aquarium out of it. Go here and read three pages of
>> irate customer reviews:
>>
>> http://www.infomercialratings.com/pr...express_review

>That thing is a joke! I would never consider buying it. How hard is it to
>cook pasta? I've never had any trouble with it.

I thought it might be easy. Unfortunately, I was very wrong.

Anthony
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Anthony Ferrante wrote:

> Why all the nasty comments? I do not remember you ever pointing it out
> to me or anyone. Whether I read it then or now is a moot point as I
> had already bought the junk. I won't make that mistake again.

With all due respects...... I am sure we all saw the commercials for those
things. I think that most of us failed to get sucked into buying one.
Personally, I thought it was a crock. You fell for it. You have been whining
about it for a week.I mean, come one, how much sympathy do you expect for
having been sucked into something that most of us thought was a crock to
begin with?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Anthony Ferrante" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:26:48 GMT, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>Anthony Ferrante <Anthony Ferrante >>
>>wrote:
>>
>>> Want to read some very interesting reviews on this piece of crap,
>>> check out these reviews by those, who like myself, were stupid enough
>>> to buy this piece of crap! However, all is not lost. I am using the
>>> large tube to store cereal in after I open the box. It was either that
>>> or make a fish aquarium out of it. Go here and read three pages of
>>> irate customer reviews:
>>>
>>> http://www.infomercialratings.com/pr...express_review

>>Well, duh. I pointed those out last time you said you got suckered
>>by this thing. And here you are reading them after you already
>>bought it.
>>
>>Don't ever let anyone accuse you of being smart.
>>
>>-sw

> Why all the nasty comments? I do not remember you ever pointing it out
> to me or anyone. Whether I read it then or now is a moot point as I
> had already bought the junk. I won't make that mistake again.

It pays to read about something before you buy it. Especially if it's an
"As Seen on TV" item. They are usually (but not always) junk.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 11 Mar 2008 03:31:11p, Anthony Ferrante told us...

> On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:26:48 GMT, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>Anthony Ferrante <Anthony Ferrante >>
>>wrote:
>>
>>> Want to read some very interesting reviews on this piece of crap,
>>> check out these reviews by those, who like myself, were stupid enough
>>> to buy this piece of crap! However, all is not lost. I am using the
>>> large tube to store cereal in after I open the box. It was either that
>>> or make a fish aquarium out of it. Go here and read three pages of
>>> irate customer reviews:
>>>
>>> http://www.infomercialratings.com/pr...express_review

>>Well, duh. I pointed those out last time you said you got suckered
>>by this thing. And here you are reading them after you already
>>bought it.
>>
>>Don't ever let anyone accuse you of being smart.
>>
>>-sw

> Why all the nasty comments? I do not remember you ever pointing it out
> to me or anyone. Whether I read it then or now is a moot point as I
> had already bought the junk. I won't make that mistake again.
>
> Anthony

As I recall, back in the mid-1960s, there was a "craze" for cooking pasta
by bringing a large pot (6-8 qts) of water to a rolling boil, adding salt,
some oil, and the spaghetti, giving it a quick stir, covering the pot, then
taking it off the heat and allowing it to sit for 15 minutes. "Perfect
pasta" some folks referred to it. I tried it a few times and it actually
did produce some pretty decent spaghetti. I suppose the large volume of
hot water and the larger space in the pot for the pasta made a big
difference in the results.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Tuesday, 03(III)/11(XI)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Anthony Ferrante" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 23:05:29 GMT, "Julie Bove" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Anthony Ferrante" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> Want to read some very interesting reviews on this piece of crap,
>>> check out these reviews by those, who like myself, were stupid enough
>>> to buy this piece of crap! However, all is not lost. I am using the
>>> large tube to store cereal in after I open the box. It was either that
>>> or make a fish aquarium out of it. Go here and read three pages of
>>> irate customer reviews:
>>>
>>> http://www.infomercialratings.com/pr...express_review

>>That thing is a joke! I would never consider buying it. How hard is it
>>cook pasta? I've never had any trouble with it.
>>

> I thought it might be easy. Unfortunately, I was very wrong.

Again... How hard is it to make pasta in a pot? Not hard at all.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Anthony Ferrante wrote:

> >That thing is a joke! I would never consider buying it. How hard is it to
> >cook pasta? I've never had any trouble with it.
> >

> I thought it might be easy. Unfortunately, I was very wrong.

Okay. You got sucked it. How about giving it a rest.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote

> With all due respects...... I am sure we all saw the commercials for those
> things.

I remember seeing the ad on tv and posting about it, laughing.
It's a plastic tube! Just struck me as funny.

Well, there was a thread about the same time as this Pasta Express
thread came up, and I thought maybe this was all about some pasta
machine for actually making pasta. If I knew it was about the tube,
I would have said Forget it!

Live and learn.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Anthony Ferrante wrote:

>> That thing is a joke! I would never consider buying it. How hard is it to
>> cook pasta? I've never had any trouble with it.
>>

> I thought it might be easy. Unfortunately, I was very wrong.
>
> Anthony

Easier than tossing some macaroni into a pot of boiling water???
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:26:48 GMT, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>Anthony Ferrante <Anthony Ferrante >>
>>wrote:
>>
>>> Want to read some very interesting reviews on this piece of crap,
>>> check out these reviews by those, who like myself, were stupid enough
>>> to buy this piece of crap! However, all is not lost. I am using the
>>> large tube to store cereal in after I open the box. It was either that
>>> or make a fish aquarium out of it. Go here and read three pages of
>>> irate customer reviews:
>>>
>>> http://www.infomercialratings.com/pr...express_review

>>Well, duh. I pointed those out last time you said you got suckered
>>by this thing. And here you are reading them after you already
>>bought it.
>>
>>Don't ever let anyone accuse you of being smart.

> Why all the nasty comments? I do not remember you ever pointing it out
> to me or anyone.

You posted about it two weeks ago and you got "nasty comments" back
then, too. In a nutshell, they said it didn't take rocklet scienece
to know it probably wouldn't work or save you any time/hassle.

Are you expecting better responses the second time you bang your
head against the wall?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Look at this way Anthony. You now have a nice jar to store spaghetti
in with a top to keep bugs out. A bit expensive, but now you have a
storage container for dry sketty.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Anthony Ferrante" > wrote in message
> Want to read some very interesting reviews on this piece of crap,
> check out these reviews by those, who like myself, were stupid enough
> to buy this piece of crap! However, all is not lost. I am using the
> large tube to store cereal in after I open the box. It was either that
> or make a fish aquarium out of it. Go here and read three pages of
> irate customer reviews:
>
> http://www.infomercialratings.com/pr...express_review

The Pasta Express has worked well enough for me and it only cost me $10. I
usually only use it when I want to make a single serving of pasta, and for
making more than just a single serving of pasta I use a pot of boiling water
to cook the pasta.

Anyway, the essential part of making this device work is that the water
absolutely must be at boiling temperature before pouring it in the tube--it
can't just be hot, it can't be simmering, it must be boiling. I use a hot
pot for getting the water to boiling temperature, since it also has a pour
spout.

The workaround for preventing sticky pasta was a bit of margarine added just
before pouring in the boiling water, although the sticking pasta issue still
wasn't terribly bad without adding margarine when making Penne Regate
(regular size, not mini).

The other potential issue is that the strainer lid can be a bit difficult to
snap onto the tube, but it has to fit tightly since the tube will be
inverted to drain the water after cooking the pasta.

Again, though, I only paid $10 for the Pasta Express device. For $10, it
works well enough, but it also isn't absolute perfection either.

Others, of course, may vary in their opinions.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Anthony Ferrante <Anthony Ferrante >>
> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:26:48 GMT, Sqwertz >
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Anthony Ferrante <Anthony Ferrante >>

> >>Well, duh. I pointed those out last time you said you got suckered
> >>by this thing. And here you are reading them after you already
> >>bought it.
> >>
> >>Don't ever let anyone accuse you of being smart.

> > Why all the nasty comments? I do not remember you ever pointing it out
> > to me or anyone.

> You posted about it two weeks ago and you got "nasty comments" back
> then, too. In a nutshell, they said it didn't take rocklet scienece
> to know it probably wouldn't work or save you any time/hassle.
>
> Are you expecting better responses the second time you bang your
> head against the wall?

What's worse: this Ferrante d00d who is known to a be well - known whiny
troll (and so is killfiled by many) - or those who continue to respond to
his posts, hmmm, STEVE..???

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Tue 11 Mar 2008 03:31:11p, Anthony Ferrante told us...
>
> As I recall, back in the mid-1960s, there was a "craze" for cooking
> pasta by bringing a large pot (6-8 qts) of water to a rolling boil,
> adding salt, some oil, and the spaghetti, giving it a quick stir,
> covering the pot, then taking it off the heat and allowing it to sit
> for 15 minutes. "Perfect pasta" some folks referred to it. I tried
> it a few times and it actually did produce some pretty decent
> spaghetti. I suppose the large volume of hot water and the larger
> space in the pot for the pasta made a big difference in the results.

I still do this, Wayne (not every time, but often). It helps if you need to
free up a burner for other things; spaghetti does cook just fine this way

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Daniel W. Rouse Jr. wrote:
> "Anthony Ferrante" > wrote in message
>> Want to read some very interesting reviews on this piece of crap,
>> check out these reviews by those, who like myself, were stupid enough
>> to buy this piece of crap! However, all is not lost. I am using the
>> large tube to store cereal in after I open the box. It was either
>> that or make a fish aquarium out of it. Go here and read three pages
>> of irate customer reviews:
>>
>> http://www.infomercialratings.com/pr...express_review
>>

> The Pasta Express has worked well enough for me and it only cost me
> $10. I usually only use it when I want to make a single serving of
> pasta, and for making more than just a single serving of pasta I use
> a pot of boiling water to cook the pasta.

A $10 device so you can cook pasta for one. Hmmmm. How about you measure
out about 2 oz. of pasta instead? I prefer to cook at least twice that much
because if I make a sauce there's generally a lot more than just enough for
one serving.

> The workaround for preventing sticky pasta was a bit of margarine
> added just before pouring in the boiling water, although the sticking
> pasta issue still wasn't terribly bad without adding margarine when
> making Penne Regate (regular size, not mini).

It's called 'stirring'. Adding margarine to water to prevent sticking pasta
is an idea propogated by who knows who... the margarine marketing group?
LOL I'll admit I jumped on the add-oil bandwagon for a bit but I was about
19 and hardly an experienced cook. I just as quickly jumped off said
bandwagon. If a recipe says add oil (or - shudder - margarine) to the
cooking water I ignore that instruction.

> Others, of course, may vary in their opinions.

You can buy a LOT of dried pasta for $10.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 22:43:43 GMT, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

>"Anthony Ferrante" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Why all the nasty comments? I do not remember you ever pointing it out
>> to me or anyone. Whether I read it then or now is a moot point as I
>> had already bought the junk. I won't make that mistake again.

>It pays to read about something before you buy it. Especially if it's an
>"As Seen on TV" item. They are usually (but not always) junk.

do y'all have 'as seen on t.v.' stores where you live? frankly, i've
been afraid to go in one.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 12 Mar 2008 04:49:06a, jmcquown told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Tue 11 Mar 2008 03:31:11p, Anthony Ferrante told us...
>>
>> As I recall, back in the mid-1960s, there was a "craze" for cooking
>> pasta by bringing a large pot (6-8 qts) of water to a rolling boil,
>> adding salt, some oil, and the spaghetti, giving it a quick stir,
>> covering the pot, then taking it off the heat and allowing it to sit
>> for 15 minutes. "Perfect pasta" some folks referred to it. I tried
>> it a few times and it actually did produce some pretty decent
>> spaghetti. I suppose the large volume of hot water and the larger
>> space in the pot for the pasta made a big difference in the results.
>>

> I still do this, Wayne (not every time, but often). It helps if you
> need to free up a burner for other things; spaghetti does cook just fine
> this way
>
> Jill

I had forgotten all about it until this topic came up. I'll have to
remember it when I need all the burners. THX.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Wednesday, 03(III)/12(XII)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> do y'all have 'as seen on t.v.' stores where you live? frankly, i've
> been afraid to go in one.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Walgreen's has a section of ASOTV stuff. Entertaining to see what's out
there just begging for a sucker.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> You posted about it two weeks ago and you got "nasty comments" back
> then, too. In a nutshell, they said it didn't take rocklet scienece
> to know it probably wouldn't work or save you any time/hassle.
>
> Are you expecting better responses the second time you bang your
> head against the wall?
>
> -sw

For some reason I thought he was talking about a pasta making machine
then -- an extruder, debating the merits of an extruder vs a roller
type.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor
Pray for the abatement of her pain.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote

> For some reason I thought he was talking about a pasta making machine
> then -- an extruder, debating the merits of an extruder vs a roller
> type.

Ditto. Or I would have said something. Not that it would have
helped.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, blake murphy > said:
> On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 22:43:43 GMT, "Julie Bove" >
> wrote:
> >
> >"Anthony Ferrante" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >>
> >> Why all the nasty comments? I do not remember you ever pointing it out
> >> to me or anyone. Whether I read it then or now is a moot point as I
> >> had already bought the junk. I won't make that mistake again.

> >It pays to read about something before you buy it. Especially if it's an
> >"As Seen on TV" item. They are usually (but not always) junk.
> >

> do y'all have 'as seen on t.v.' stores where you live? frankly, i've
> been afraid to go in one.

We had one at the local mall, but it closed pretty quickly...

--
Jani in WA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Wayne Boatwright >
said:
> On Tue 11 Mar 2008 03:31:11p, Anthony Ferrante told us...

<snip>

> > Why all the nasty comments? I do not remember you ever pointing it out
> > to me or anyone. Whether I read it then or now is a moot point as I
> > had already bought the junk. I won't make that mistake again.

> As I recall, back in the mid-1960s, there was a "craze" for cooking pasta
> by bringing a large pot (6-8 qts) of water to a rolling boil, adding salt,
> some oil, and the spaghetti, giving it a quick stir, covering the pot, then
> taking it off the heat and allowing it to sit for 15 minutes. "Perfect
> pasta" some folks referred to it. I tried it a few times and it actually
> did produce some pretty decent spaghetti. I suppose the large volume of
> hot water and the larger space in the pot for the pasta made a big
> difference in the results.

I've been told that this was my grandmother's method, and the
time frame makes sense. I just don't recall her doing it that
way, but her best friend (who's still part of the family) says
she did. I tried it once, but I thought the spaghetti tasted
watery...

--
Jani in WA