Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hello I am new here this group

My name Robert Spindler

I am glad I found this group and I like it recipes. ======= I got some
recipes and I might want sharing everyone recipes what I found.
======= I will be back soon ok.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Rob Spin wrote:

> My name Robert Spindler
>
> I am glad I found this group and I like it recipes. ======= I got some
> recipes and I might want sharing everyone recipes what I found.
> ======= I will be back soon ok.

Whoa! I just checked the RFC membership list, and you aren't
a registered user. Non-members can view the postings on RFC,
but non-member posting is forbidden. I've sent the system
administrator of your site a note explaining he's got the
security configuration wrong. I can understand why you don't
want to register at www.recfoodcooking.com -- it's free, but
some people don't like giving out photos of themselves -- but
them's the rules! I've noticed some people have provided photos
that seem obviously fake or something. I suppose you could try
that, if you are concerned about it. Hope this helps :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 15:12:29 -0800 (PST), Rob Spin
> wrote:

>My name Robert Spindler
>
>I am glad I found this group and I like it recipes. ======= I got some
>recipes and I might want sharing everyone recipes what I found.
>======= I will be back soon ok.

Do you know how to drain the fat from ground beef?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Rob Spin > wrote in

..com:

> My name Robert Spindler
>
> I am glad I found this group and I like it recipes. ======= I
> got some recipes and I might want sharing everyone recipes
> what I found. ======= I will be back soon ok.

Tuna casserole recipe needed. <eg>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 15:59:20 -0800, Mark Thorson >
fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:

>Rob Spin wrote:
>>
>> My name Robert Spindler
>>
>> I am glad I found this group and I like it recipes. ======= I got some
>> recipes and I might want sharing everyone recipes what I found.
>> ======= I will be back soon ok.

<snip>

>I've noticed some people have provided photos
>that seem obviously fake or something.

Hey, you think we want Homeland Security knocking on our doors,
comparing a printout of RFC Mugshots to our actual mugs? I'm pretty
sure there's a super-ultra-mondo-secret Homeland Security ordinance
that would allow them to haul the fake mugshot owner's *ss off to some
gulag at the bottom of the Marianas Trench.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

-- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 15:59:20 -0800, Mark Thorson >
> fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:
>
>> I've noticed some people have provided photos
>> that seem obviously fake or something.

> Hey, you think we want Homeland Security knocking on our doors,
> comparing a printout of RFC Mugshots to our actual mugs? I'm pretty
> sure there's a super-ultra-mondo-secret Homeland Security ordinance
> that would allow them to haul the fake mugshot owner's *ss off to some
> gulag at the bottom of the Marianas Trench.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

Inter-r-r-resting. There was a man at my door in an
ill-fitting blue suit
and dark glasses this morning asking if I knew you....

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Puester > channeled Arte Johnson in
message ...
> Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
>> Hey, you think we want Homeland Security knocking
>> on our doors, comparing a printout of RFC Mugshots
>> to our actual mugs? I'm pretty sure there's a
>> super-ultra-mondo-secret Homeland Security ordinance
>> that would allow them to haul the fake mugshot
>> owner's *ss off to some gulag at the bottom of
>> the Marianas Trench.
>>

> Inter-r-r-resting. There was a man at my door in an
> ill-fitting blue suit and dark glasses this morning asking
> if I knew you....

From behind a fern or the porch post?

The "Laugh-in Refugee" Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 17:25:57 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 15:12:29 -0800 (PST), Rob Spin wrote:
>
>> ======= I will be back soon ok.

>That what they ALL say. People always introduce themselves and
>never return 95 out of 100 times.
>
>-sw

that's because you are rude to them, steve. the proper usenet
procedure is to lull them into a false sense of security and then
pound the crap out of them.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 17:25:57 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 15:12:29 -0800 (PST), Rob Spin wrote:
>>
>>> ======= I will be back soon ok.

>> That what they ALL say. People always introduce themselves and
>> never return 95 out of 100 times.
>>
>> -sw

> that's because you are rude to them, steve. the proper usenet
> procedure is to lull them into a false sense of security and then
> pound the crap out of them.

LOL you are sooooooooooo bad!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 16:58:09 GMT, Puester >
fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:

>Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
>> On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 15:59:20 -0800, Mark Thorson >
>> fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:
>>
>>> I've noticed some people have provided photos
>>> that seem obviously fake or something.

>> Hey, you think we want Homeland Security knocking on our doors,
>> comparing a printout of RFC Mugshots to our actual mugs? I'm pretty
>> sure there's a super-ultra-mondo-secret Homeland Security ordinance
>> that would allow them to haul the fake mugshot owner's *ss off to some
>> gulag at the bottom of the Marianas Trench.
>>
>> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

>Inter-r-r-resting. There was a man at my door in an
>ill-fitting blue suit
>and dark glasses this morning asking if I knew you....

You told them that you never heard of me, right? That you might have
heard of someone with a similar name, but she moved to Bora Bora or
maybe it was Trinidad or Pittsburgh. Yeah, that's the ticket. No one
would ever find me, erm, her in Pittsburgh!

XXXX "Squeaks" XXXXX

-- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 16:58:09 GMT, Puester >
> fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:

>> Inter-r-r-resting. There was a man at my door in an
>> ill-fitting blue suit
>> and dark glasses this morning asking if I knew you....

> You told them that you never heard of me, right? That you might have
> heard of someone with a similar name, but she moved to Bora Bora or
> maybe it was Trinidad or Pittsburgh. Yeah, that's the ticket. No one
> would ever find me, erm, her in Pittsburgh!

Actually I believe I told him you and our company CFO
absconded with all the assets to Moosejaw, Alaska.

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Puester wrote:

> Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
> >
> > You told them that you never heard of me, right? That you might have
> > heard of someone with a similar name, but she moved to Bora Bora or
> > maybe it was Trinidad or Pittsburgh. Yeah, that's the ticket. No one
> > would ever find me, erm, her in Pittsburgh!

> Actually I believe I told him you and our company CFO
> absconded with all the assets to Moosejaw, Alaska.

But I told him they went to Bulgravia. You wanna
get us both in trouble?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Puester > wrote in news:8ACAj.727255$kj1.42342
@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

> Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
>> On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 16:58:09 GMT, Puester >
>> fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:

>>> Inter-r-r-resting. There was a man at my door in an
>>> ill-fitting blue suit
>>> and dark glasses this morning asking if I knew you....

>> You told them that you never heard of me, right? That you might have
>> heard of someone with a similar name, but she moved to Bora Bora or
>> maybe it was Trinidad or Pittsburgh. Yeah, that's the ticket. No one
>> would ever find me, erm, her in Pittsburgh!
>>

> Actually I believe I told him you and our company CFO
> absconded with all the assets to Moosejaw, Alaska.
>
> gloria p

MooseJaw is in Saskatchewan, silly.

Myself Ida said Don't know Terry Pulliam-bird of such and such address,
the house with the oak tree in the yard and area code phone
number...never met knew or talked to her EVER. Didn't ever talk to her
especially about ooops secret stuff.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

A man in line at the bank kept falling over...when he got to a teller he
asked for his balance.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

hahabogus wrote:
> Puester > wrote in news:8ACAj.727255$kj1.42342
> @bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:
>
>> Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
>>> On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 16:58:09 GMT, Puester >
>>> fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:
>>> You told them that you never heard of me, right? That you might have
>>> heard of someone with a similar name, but she moved to Bora Bora or
>>> maybe it was Trinidad or Pittsburgh. Yeah, that's the ticket. No one
>>> would ever find me, erm, her in Pittsburgh!
>>>

>> Actually I believe I told him you and our company CFO
>> absconded with all the assets to Moosejaw, Alaska.
>>
>> gloria p
>>

> MooseJaw is in Saskatchewan, silly.

That must be a different Moosejaw.

> Myself Ida said Don't know Terry Pulliam-bird of such and such address,
> the house with the oak tree in the yard and area code phone
> number...never met knew or talked to her EVER. Didn't ever talk to her
> especially about ooops secret stuff.

Nah, I said she was a trollop who ran off with the CFO.
Aren't you paying attention?

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Puester > wrote in news:2VEAj.291012$MJ6.288355
@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

> Nah, I said she was a trollop who ran off with the CFO.
> Aren't you paying attention?
>
> gloria p

PSST! the MooseJaw in Saskatchewan is chockfull of Mounties...

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

A man in line at the bank kept falling over...when he got to a teller he
asked for his balance.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 17:33:03 GMT, blake murphy >
wrote:

>that's because you are rude to them, steve. the proper usenet
>procedure is to lull them into a false sense of security and then
>pound the crap out of them.
>
>your pal,
>blake

That's a very astute observation. I post mostly in another newsgroup
for over 20 years now. Every year we will get something like three to
five guys who come sneaking in with very humble requests to be let
into the group - I'm a so innocent, ignorant, timid. Please educate
me. Be gentle.

Well its a free world and there are no moderators. No need to seek
permission. Anyone can post anything. Usually by week two the
newcomer will have tested the waters as to whom they can provoke into
a flame war. By then I'd describe their MO. What they ask during the
"test water" phase can usually be answered with a simple google
search. Part of the attack MO is to catch someone incautious enough to
give an opinion that can be easily proved to be incorrect. I'd tell
them newcomer, take a number and wait your turn. There are already
five guys ahead of you. Then ignore them unless there is a valid
discussion topic. Works most of the time, that is letting these trolls
know we are onto them. They quit on their own. By the way the header
has all the earmarks of what I just said.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy <blake murphy >> wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 17:25:57 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>That what they ALL say. People always introduce themselves and
>>never return 95 out of 100 times.

> that's because you are rude to them, steve. the proper usenet
> procedure is to lull them into a false sense of security and then
> pound the crap out of them.

I stand corrected. This one *did* come back to tell us why he won't
be coming back:

> I don't understand what going on and I don't know what this group all
> about. ======= I thought I better leaving this group and don't sound
> like fun group like a sharing links.
> Good-Bye everyone.

He has kinda a funny accent for a New Yorker.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 07:20:57 GMT, PaPaPeng > wrote:

>That's a very astute observation. I post mostly in another newsgroup
>for over 20 years now. Every year we will get something like three to
>five guys who come sneaking in with very humble requests to be let
>into the group - I'm a so innocent, ignorant, timid. Please educate
>me. Be gentle.

Many of ours just appear out of nowhere and claim to be "long time
lurkers". Yeah, right.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 08:23:11 -0700, sf wrote:

>On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 07:20:57 GMT, PaPaPeng > wrote:
>

>>That's a very astute observation. I post mostly in another newsgroup
>>for over 20 years now. Every year we will get something like three to
>>five guys who come sneaking in with very humble requests to be let
>>into the group - I'm a so innocent, ignorant, timid. Please educate
>>me. Be gentle.

>Many of ours just appear out of nowhere and claim to be "long time
>lurkers". Yeah, right.

Okay. Its a free world. If you want to be suckered its your choice.
I came from the "repair" group where the original wok and teflon cross
post appeared. This should please you. I'll be leaving this group
soon and I am not into cooking and recipies. A meal I have to eat to
live. I'm not fussy how its done or care about the zen of gourmet.
If I like something tasty I go to a favorite restaurant. Actually
this is as good a time as any to say goodbye. Ta ta.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 17:56:59 GMT, PaPaPeng > wrote:

>On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 08:23:11 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 07:20:57 GMT, PaPaPeng > wrote:
>>

>>>That's a very astute observation. I post mostly in another newsgroup
>>>for over 20 years now. Every year we will get something like three to
>>>five guys who come sneaking in with very humble requests to be let
>>>into the group - I'm a so innocent, ignorant, timid. Please educate
>>>me. Be gentle.

>>Many of ours just appear out of nowhere and claim to be "long time
>>lurkers". Yeah, right.

>Okay. Its a free world. If you want to be suckered its your choice.

Whatever, dude. I wasn't blowing you off, I was just telling you how
*our* trolls work.

>I came from the "repair" group where the original wok and teflon cross
>post appeared. This should please you. I'll be leaving this group
>soon and I am not into cooking and recipies. A meal I have to eat to
>live. I'm not fussy how its done or care about the zen of gourmet.
>If I like something tasty I go to a favorite restaurant. Actually
>this is as good a time as any to say goodbye. Ta ta.

buh-bye

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first

Posted to rec.food.cooking

PaPaPeng <PaPaPeng >> wrote:

> Actually this is as good a time as any to say goodbye. Ta ta.

That's 3 up and 2 down in the last 20 hours. One more and it'll be
a scoreless weekend.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Baraclough wrote:

> The message >
> from PaPaPeng > contains these words:
>
>> Actually this is as good a time as any to say goodbye. Ta ta.

> Ta ta pa pa peng.

And today's haiku:

Appeared here one day
Misinterpreted some stuff
Ta ta pa pa peng

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 23:01:18 GMT, Puester >
fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:

>hahabogus wrote:

>> Puester > wrote in news:8ACAj.727255$kj1.42342
>> @bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

>>> Actually I believe I told him you and our company CFO
>>> absconded with all the assets to Moosejaw, Alaska.

>> Myself Ida said Don't know Terry Pulliam-bird of such and such address,
>> the house with the oak tree in the yard and area code phone
>> number...never met knew or talked to her EVER. Didn't ever talk to her
>> especially about ooops secret stuff.

>Nah, I said she was a trollop who ran off with the CFO.
>Aren't you paying attention?

I have it now! You two are actually with the CIA! You're in the
clandestine super-duper-ultra-mondo-secret
sub-sub-sub-sub-rosa-basement-dwelling section tasked with
intelligence gathering! Your eyes and ears are keenly focused on the
national and international communities and evildoers thereof! You're
like super-Mounties on steroids (thus addressing Alan's crass
reference to Mounties, for whom Nancy in Iowa and I have a very fond
affection, although if she gets in my way one more time in pursuit of
one...) and you will Get Your Man/Woman. Any Man/Woman will
do/We-won't-confuse-you-with-the-facts sort of information gathering,
is that right?

(Whew! I'm safe. I'm utterly safe. I can default on my Pittsburgh
condo purchase now, steal some gas from that police car across the
street, and move back to SoCal where I plan on serving the below for
dinner tomorrow, which is ready to be tossed into the crockpot in the
a.m., thus being OB.)

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Great Meatless Chili - Crockpot

crockpot

2 teaspoons oil
1 Cup onion; chopped
3 cloves garlic; minced
2 carrots; finely chopped
1 large green bell pepper; seeded/finely choppe
2 jalapeno peppers; seeded/finely choppe
4 cups canned tomatoes; undrained and choppe
2 tablespoons cumin
3 tablespoons parsley; chopped
1 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons paprika
1 15 1/2 oz. kidney beans; drained/pureed
1 15 oz. black beans; drained
1 15 oz. corn; drained
1 large tomato; coarsely chopped

Heat oil in small saucepan. Saute oinions and garlic until soft.
Transfer to crockpot. Combine all remaining ingredients except fresh
tomato and cook all day on low. Stir in chopped tomates last 1/2 hour
of cooking.

Contributor: Donna Segal - Indianapolis Star

Yield: 8 servings

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

-- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote in
:

> Great Meatless Chili - Crockpot

HEY!! There's no meat in this!

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

A man in line at the bank kept falling over...when he got to a teller he
asked for his balance.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 02:33:23 GMT, hahabogus > fired

:

>> Great Meatless Chili - Crockpot
>>

>HEY!! There's no meat in this!

Damn! I am so busted!

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

-- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

hahabogus wrote:
> Puester > wrote in news:2VEAj.291012$MJ6.288355
> @bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:
>
>> Nah, I said she was a trollop who ran off with the CFO.
>> Aren't you paying attention?
>>
>> gloria p
>>

> PSST! the MooseJaw in Saskatchewan is chockfull of Mounties...

<perk!> Does Nancy2 know about this....???
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 07:20:57 GMT, PaPaPeng > wrote:
>
>> That's a very astute observation. I post mostly in another newsgroup
>> for over 20 years now. Every year we will get something like three to
>> five guys who come sneaking in with very humble requests to be let
>> into the group - I'm a so innocent, ignorant, timid. Please educate
>> me. Be gentle.

> Many of ours just appear out of nowhere and claim to be "long time
> lurkers". Yeah, right.

...and they just so happen to have this business.. (or just "found this
site they wanted to share...")
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 02:33:23 GMT, hahabogus > fired
> up random neurons and synapses to opine:
>
>> Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> Great Meatless Chili - Crockpot
>>>

>> HEY!! There's no meat in this!

> Damn! I am so busted!
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

Well.. the lumps might be mistaken for ground beef that was rinsed in
hot water... or just shredded up cardboard filler? You'll never know as
both are equally tasteless and devoid of "mouthfeel" yet provide texture
in your dish.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 > wrote in
:

> hahabogus wrote:
>> Puester > wrote in news:2VEAj.291012

$MJ6.288355
>> @bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:
>>
>>> Nah, I said she was a trollop who ran off with the CFO.
>>> Aren't you paying attention?
>>>
>>> gloria p
>>>

>> PSST! the MooseJaw in Saskatchewan is chockfull of Mounties...
>>

> <perk!> Does Nancy2 know about this....???

No or she'd be in MooseJaw.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

A man in line at the bank kept falling over...when he got to a teller he
asked for his balance.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:28:07 -0400, Goomba38 >
wrote:

>(or just "found this site they wanted to share...")

HEY! You just hit a raw nerve.

I posted a web site (quite a while ago) that I really *DID* stumble
upon and thought it would be of interest to others here.
Unfortunately, my subject header mistakenly mimicked spammers... sooo,
"lurkers" came out of the woodwork to chastise my post. Om stood up
for me. Not many other faint hearted regulars did though. That
experience taught me who my real friends were.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:28:07 -0400, Goomba38 >
> wrote:
>
>>(or just "found this site they wanted to share...")

> HEY! You just hit a raw nerve.
>
> I posted a web site (quite a while ago) that I really *DID* stumble
> upon and thought it would be of interest to others here.
> Unfortunately, my subject header mistakenly mimicked spammers... sooo,
> "lurkers" came out of the woodwork to chastise my post. Om stood up
> for me. Not many other faint hearted regulars did though. That
> experience taught me who my real friends were.

You know, not everybody reads every thread.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:28:07 -0400, Goomba38 >
> wrote:
>
>> (or just "found this site they wanted to share...")

> HEY! You just hit a raw nerve.
>
> I posted a web site (quite a while ago) that I really *DID* stumble
> upon and thought it would be of interest to others here.
> Unfortunately, my subject header mistakenly mimicked spammers... sooo,
> "lurkers" came out of the woodwork to chastise my post. Om stood up
> for me. Not many other faint hearted regulars did though. That
> experience taught me who my real friends were.

I have no recall your post or which "lurkers" chastised you, but you're
missing the aspect that strangers (which you're not) DO do those "drive
by spam postings" under the guise of information sharing when their
motives are hardly so honorable.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"l, not -l" > wrote in
. net:

> On 11-Mar-2008, sf wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, my subject header mistakenly mimicked spammers...
>> sooo, "lurkers" came out of the woodwork to chastise my post. Om
>> stood up for me. Not many other faint hearted regulars did though.
>> That experience taught me who my real friends were.

> Maybe the regulars missed it because the original mimmicked spam and
> the follow-ups looked like flaming twits; I delete stuff, unread, that
> meet those criteria. Not faint of heart, just picky about which
> threads get read
> ;-)

My newsreader (Xnews) highlights which threads/posts that I have made
that people have replied to.

I usually just read them, and CtrlF8 the rest.

I also have it set so that it automatically deletes any post that is
sent to more than 3 newsgroups.

It clears a lot of the shit out.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Wars begin where you will...
but they do not end where you please.

Machiavelli
Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 07:20:57 GMT, PaPaPeng > wrote:
>

>>That's a very astute observation. I post mostly in another newsgroup
>>for over 20 years now. Every year we will get something like three to
>>five guys who come sneaking in with very humble requests to be let
>>into the group - I'm a so innocent, ignorant, timid. Please educate
>>me. Be gentle.

> Many of ours just appear out of nowhere and claim to be "long time
> lurkers". Yeah, right.

In my defense, I *am* a long-time lurker.

Then again, I used to be a lot more active here than I used to be too...

I'm finally at a place where I'm cooking again, so I've started lurking
again. Boy, do I have a lot to catch up with!

Lisa Ann

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark <Blinky the Shark >> wrote:

> sf wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:28:07 -0400, Goomba38 >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>(or just "found this site they wanted to share...")

>> HEY! You just hit a raw nerve.
>>
>> I posted a web site (quite a while ago) that I really *DID* stumble
>> upon and thought it would be of interest to others here.
>> Unfortunately, my subject header mistakenly mimicked spammers... sooo,
>> "lurkers" came out of the woodwork to chastise my post. Om stood up
>> for me. Not many other faint hearted regulars did though. That
>> experience taught me who my real friends were.

> You know, not everybody reads every thread.

And many of those faint-hearted regulars have her killfiled.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 00:50:48 -0700, sf fired up random neurons and
synapses to opine:

>On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:28:07 -0400, Goomba38 >
>wrote:
>
>>(or just "found this site they wanted to share...")

>HEY! You just hit a raw nerve.
>
>I posted a web site (quite a while ago) that I really *DID* stumble
>upon and thought it would be of interest to others here.
>Unfortunately, my subject header mistakenly mimicked spammers... sooo,
>"lurkers" came out of the woodwork to chastise my post. Om stood up
>for me. Not many other faint hearted regulars did though. That
>experience taught me who my real friends were.

What was the header? I likely didn't read it, but would have seen your
name in the "author" column and would have not thought it *was* spam.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

-- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 01:28:28 -0800, Blinky the Shark
> wrote:

>sf wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:28:07 -0400, Goomba38 >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>(or just "found this site they wanted to share...")

>> HEY! You just hit a raw nerve.
>>
>> I posted a web site (quite a while ago) that I really *DID* stumble
>> upon and thought it would be of interest to others here.
>> Unfortunately, my subject header mistakenly mimicked spammers... sooo,
>> "lurkers" came out of the woodwork to chastise my post. Om stood up
>> for me. Not many other faint hearted regulars did though. That
>> experience taught me who my real friends were.

>You know, not everybody reads every thread.

That was before your time, Blinkster... unless you posted under
another name in those days.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 15:26:49 GMT, "l, not -l" > wrote:

>Maybe the regulars missed it because the original mimmicked spam and the
>follow-ups looked like flaming twits; I delete stuff, unread, that meet
>those criteria. Not faint of heart, just picky about which threads get read
> ;-)

Point taken.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 15:31:12 +0000 (UTC), PeterLucas >
wrote:

>I also have it set so that it automatically deletes any post that is
>sent to more than 3 newsgroups.
>
>It clears a lot of the shit out.

This was just posted to rfc, so you could have seen it.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:20:23 -0400, "Lisa Ann"
> wrote:

><sf> wrote in message ...
>> On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 07:20:57 GMT, PaPaPeng > wrote:
>>

>>>That's a very astute observation. I post mostly in another newsgroup
>>>for over 20 years now. Every year we will get something like three to
>>>five guys who come sneaking in with very humble requests to be let
>>>into the group - I'm a so innocent, ignorant, timid. Please educate
>>>me. Be gentle.

>> Many of ours just appear out of nowhere and claim to be "long time
>> lurkers". Yeah, right.

>In my defense, I *am* a long-time lurker.
>
>Then again, I used to be a lot more active here than I used to be too...
>
>I'm finally at a place where I'm cooking again, so I've started lurking
>again. Boy, do I have a lot to catch up with!
>
>Lisa Ann

Did you feel like I attacked you? No way, dahlin'. Sheesh, we've
even "chatted" on the rfc channel in the past. btw: COME BACK some
day!

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first

Alt Group Intend to Take Over This Group Bakerman Baking 4 25-06-2008 03:50 AM
I Am New To This Group [email protected] General Cooking 35 02-12-2006 07:04 PM
TO THE GROUP......... Shiver General Cooking 4 23-09-2006 04:43 PM
New to the group Lew Bryson Beer 2 28-06-2005 06:55 PM
new to the group [email protected] Sourdough 0 21-06-2005 09:10 PM