Melba's Jammin'

Default More Funeral Food

A long-time neighbor died and his funeral was this morning at the church
I got kicked out of 12-13 years ago. I haven't been back since. The
food was pretty boring. Ham sandwiches, pickles, potato chips (no
serving tongs--just dig in), some weird vegetable salad with canned
veggies and not much flavor, a couple three potato salads, a coupla
pasta salads, brownies, bars, cookies. Man, before I croak, I gotta
make sure that somebody makes a better plan than that for my funeral
party.
--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)
Richard Periut

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> A long-time neighbor died and his funeral was this morning at the church
> I got kicked out of 12-13 years ago. I haven't been back since. The
> food was pretty boring. Ham sandwiches, pickles, potato chips (no
> serving tongs--just dig in), some weird vegetable salad with canned
> veggies and not much flavor, a couple three potato salads, a coupla
> pasta salads, brownies, bars, cookies. Man, before I croak, I gotta
> make sure that somebody makes a better plan than that for my funeral
> party.

Kicked out of? What kind of church is that??? A cult?

Richard

--
"..A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava
beans and a nice chianti..."

Hannibal "The Cannibal"

Silence Of The Lambs 1991

Vox Humana

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> A long-time neighbor died and his funeral was this morning at the church
> I got kicked out of 12-13 years ago. I haven't been back since. The
> food was pretty boring. Ham sandwiches, pickles, potato chips (no
> serving tongs--just dig in), some weird vegetable salad with canned
> veggies and not much flavor, a couple three potato salads, a coupla
> pasta salads, brownies, bars, cookies. Man, before I croak, I gotta
> make sure that somebody makes a better plan than that for my funeral
> party.

Maybe you could make all the food for your own funeral and have it
cryogenically frozen.

Nancy Young

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> A long-time neighbor died and his funeral was this morning at the church
> I got kicked out of 12-13 years ago. I haven't been back since. The
> food was pretty boring. Ham sandwiches, pickles, potato chips (no
> serving tongs--just dig in), some weird vegetable salad with canned
> veggies and not much flavor, a couple three potato salads, a coupla
> pasta salads, brownies, bars, cookies. Man, before I croak, I gotta
> make sure that somebody makes a better plan than that for my funeral
> party.

Shut up about the icky food, how do you get kicked out of a church?

(giggling) nancy
Nancy Young

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> A long-time neighbor died and his funeral was this morning

You know what, in my goofing around I foolishly did not express my
condolences for the loss of your neighbor. I'm sorry.

nancy

Bob

Barb wrote:

> Man, before I croak, I gotta make sure that somebody makes a
> better plan than that for my funeral party.

Two thoughts spring to mind:

1. YOU'RE not going to be eating the food! So the issue of quality is a
purely secondhand consideration.

2. Just imagine the conversations if your funeral party had bad food: "Oh,
Barb would NEVER serve food this bad if she were still alive! I already miss
her so much..." Then contrast it with this comment if the food was GOOD:
"This food is really good. I hardly notice that Barb's dead."

Bob

Jack Schidt®

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> A long-time neighbor died and his funeral was this morning at the church
> I got kicked out of 12-13 years ago. I haven't been back since. The
> food was pretty boring. Ham sandwiches, pickles, potato chips (no
> serving tongs--just dig in), some weird vegetable salad with canned
> veggies and not much flavor, a couple three potato salads, a coupla
> pasta salads, brownies, bars, cookies. Man, before I croak, I gotta
> make sure that somebody makes a better plan than that for my funeral
> party.
> --
> -Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab,

too.)

Sorry to hear about your neighbor and even sorrier to hear about the
cafeteria lunch. Dare I ask about this kicked outta church thing?

Jack Expelled

Nexis

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> A long-time neighbor died and his funeral was this morning at the church
> I got kicked out of 12-13 years ago. I haven't been back since. The
> food was pretty boring. Ham sandwiches, pickles, potato chips (no
> serving tongs--just dig in), some weird vegetable salad with canned
> veggies and not much flavor, a couple three potato salads, a coupla
> pasta salads, brownies, bars, cookies. Man, before I croak, I gotta
> make sure that somebody makes a better plan than that for my funeral
> party.
> --
> -Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab,

too.)

Barb,
Very sorry to hear about your neighbor. How sad
Dare I inquire about the kickin' out thing? How does one go about getting
kicked out of a church? Were you singing Marylin Manson songs?
As to the food, do what I did...plan your funeral now. Tell everyone what
you want, plan menus, assign chores. Hey, it could happen.

kimberly
p.s. Alexis said she wants to know why she ain't on your picklehat page! lol

Dave Smith

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> A long-time neighbor died and his funeral was this morning at the church
> I got kicked out of 12-13 years ago. I haven't been back since. The
> food was pretty boring. Ham sandwiches, pickles, potato chips (no
> serving tongs--just dig in), some weird vegetable salad with canned
> veggies and not much flavor, a couple three potato salads, a coupla
> pasta salads, brownies, bars, cookies. Man, before I croak, I gotta
> make sure that somebody makes a better plan than that for my funeral
> party.

It was probably done by the church's women's auxiliary group. The church women do
all the work and the church gets a small fee based on the number of people. My
wife and I organized a post interrment service reception at her church for a friend
who had moved away years ago and the family wanted his ashes interred back here. We
had a local butcher/deli make up a meat platter, cheese platter, salad, pasta
salads and relish tray, got some fresh rolls from the local bakery and had an
assortment of cakes and cookies done by a local caterer. The church ladies did the
tea and coffee and looked after the dishes. It was pretty good.

The best deal I heard of was the reception for my wife's cousin. He was a bachelor
and died overseas while on vacation. He was not a religious guy and they had no
ceremony. His sister arranged a memorial cocktail party back at his house.

Becca

> cafeteria lunch. Dare I ask about this kicked outta church thing?

Do tell!

(She refused to drink the Kool-Aid?)

Becca

Dimitri

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> A long-time neighbor died and his funeral was this morning at the church
> I got kicked out of 12-13 years ago. I haven't been back since. The
> food was pretty boring. Ham sandwiches, pickles, potato chips (no
> serving tongs--just dig in), some weird vegetable salad with canned
> veggies and not much flavor, a couple three potato salads, a coupla
> pasta salads, brownies, bars, cookies. Man, before I croak, I gotta
> make sure that somebody makes a better plan than that for my funeral
> party.
> --
> -Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab,

too.)

Don't worry, if Rob can find a keyboard we'll hold a cook-in/wake in your
honor.

Dimitri

Herself

I see you in a whole new light now. Anyone who gets kicked out of
church is good in my book :-).
--
'Tis Herself
levelwave

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> A long-time neighbor died and his funeral was this morning at the church
> I got kicked out of 12-13 years ago.

I tried to warn ya'... never besmirch the Church of Scientology...

~john!

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "Dimitri"
> wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> > A long-time neighbor died and his funeral was this morning at the
> > church I got kicked out of 12-13 years ago. I haven't been back
> > since. The food was pretty boring. Ham sandwiches, pickles,
> > potato chips (no serving tongs--just dig in), some weird vegetable
> > salad with canned veggies and not much flavor, a couple three
> > potato salads, a coupla pasta salads, brownies, bars, cookies.
> > Man, before I croak, I gotta make sure that somebody makes a better
> > plan than that for my funeral party. -- -Barb
> > (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab,
> > too.)

> Don't worry, if Rob can find a keyboard we'll hold a cook-in/wake in
> your honor.
>
> Dimitri

I'm going to hold you to it!! ROTFLMAO!!! I've already asked my
friend and pastor, Janet, to promise to do a tap dance on the altar if I
croak before she does. (She's the one who, when in college, dressed as
a nun for Halloween one year -- used a Kotex pad for the white part of
the headgear.)
--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)
Z GIRL

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> A long-time neighbor died and his funeral was this morning at the church
> I got kicked out of 12-13 years ago. I haven't been back since. The
> food was pretty boring. Ham sandwiches, pickles, potato chips (no
> serving tongs--just dig in), some weird vegetable salad with canned
> veggies and not much flavor, a couple three potato salads, a coupla
> pasta salads, brownies, bars, cookies. Man, before I croak, I gotta
> make sure that somebody makes a better plan than that for my funeral
> party.
> --
> -Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab,

too.)

So sorry to hear about your friend Barb. But please do tell why you got
kicked out!
When I was about 12 or so a girl friend and I went to my church. We kept
saying " Amen" out loud to almost every thing the Minister said and we had
the giggles on top of that. I am surprised we didn't get kicked out.

peace,
Barbara

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Richard Periut
> wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > A long-time neighbor died and his funeral was this morning at the
> > church
> > I got kicked out of 12-13 years ago. I haven't been back since. The
> > food was pretty boring. Ham sandwiches, pickles, potato chips (no
> > serving tongs--just dig in), some weird vegetable salad with canned
> > veggies and not much flavor, a couple three potato salads, a coupla
> > pasta salads, brownies, bars, cookies. Man, before I croak, I gotta
> > make sure that somebody makes a better plan than that for my funeral
> > party.

> Kicked out of? What kind of church is that??? A cult?
>
> Richard

Richard, you were the first to respond with an inquiry about my
departure from the church. Here's the deal: I won't post the details
publicly but I'll go through the posts and will respond to anyone with a
legitimate address. Cult? Nah, mainline Lutheran.
--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)
Goomba

Nexis wrote:

> Dare I inquire about the kickin' out thing? How does one go about getting
> kicked out of a church? Were you singing Marylin Manson songs?

Maybe it was the tattoos?
Goomba
Goomba

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Richard, you were the first to respond with an inquiry about my
> departure from the church. Here's the deal: I won't post the details
> publicly but I'll go through the posts and will respond to anyone with a
> legitimate address. Cult? Nah, mainline Lutheran.

Damn.. all I ask is you remove the "SpamSucks".. then it's a legit addy.
Honest! But I bet it was the tattoos, huh? Them HotDish Luth's couldn't
handle such wildness, huh?
Goomba
Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> >
> > A long-time neighbor died and his funeral was this morning

> You know what, in my goofing around I foolishly did not express my
> condolences for the loss of your neighbor. I'm sorry.
>
> nancy

Hey, no problem. He was in his late 60s and had a tear in his aorta --
same thing that sunk John Ritter's ship. Major emergency surgery with a
grim prognosis for survival -- surgery was successful but he never came
out of the anesthetic, and after 2-3 weeks removed him from life support
as he had specified in his health care directive. Nice guy with a wry
sense of humor. His kids gave a wonderfully organized speech about him.

I'm thinking that I may leave instructions for someone to prepare this
for my funeral luncheon:

{Mystically Exported from MasterCook Mac }

Kitty Litter Cake

Recipe By: Barb Schaller, from an internet group.
Serving Size: 24
Preparation Time: 3:00
Categories: Desserts

Amount Measure Ingredient Preparation Method
1 box German Chocolate cake mix (any brand)
1 box White cake mix (any brand)
1 package vanilla sandwich cookies (any brand) (1 lb 4 oz)
1 large package vanilla instant pudding mix (6 oz)
Green food coloring
12 small Tootsie Rolls
1 new kitty litter box
1 new kitty litter box liner
1 new pooper scooper

Prepare cake mixes per package directions. Bake them in any shape pan
you'd like; you'll be breaking them up later on, so it doesn't matter
what they look like.

Prepare pudding mix per package directions. Refrigerate until well
chilled. You may or may not need the entire package--save the leftovers
to eat later on.

Put the cookies into your food processor (with the filling). Pulse until
the cookies are crushed. Don't over-do it, this is supposed to look like
kitty litter. Scrape the sides of the processor bowl often, the crumbs
tend to stick. You'll need to do this in small batches.

To 1 cup of the cookie crumbs, add a few drops of green food coloring.
This is the chlorophyll in the kitty litter. I put the crumbs into a jar
and add the food coloring and shake until it's fairly well mixed.

When the cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble them into a large
bowl. Toss with half of the remaining (uncolored) cookie crumbs and
enough of the pudding to make the mixture moist, but not soggy.

Line the kitty litter box with the new liner; add the cake/pudding
mixture and spread it out.

Unwrap 3 of the Tootsie Rolls and heat in the microwave until soft and
pliable--don't melt them. Shape blunt ends into slightly curved points
(use your imagination). Repeat with 3 more Tootsie Rolls. Bury the
shaped Tootsie Rolls in the cake mixture, allowing some of them to stick
out of the top at random intervals. Again, use your imagination.

Sprinkle the remaining white cookie crumbs over the mixture, then
scatter the green crumbs lightly over the top.

Heat the remaining 6 Tootsie Rolls (see NOTE below), three at a time in
the microwave until ALMOST melted. Scrape them over the top of the cake
and sprinkle with crumbs from the box.

NOTE: Save one of the Tootsie Rolls, heat it up like you did for the
shaped ones. Roll it in a mixture of the green and white cookie crumbs.
Hang it over the side of the pan.

Place kitty litter box on two sheets of newspaper. Serve with the pooper
scooper.
--
-Barb (
www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)
Dimitri

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Dimitri"
> > wrote:

<snip>

> > Don't worry, if Rob can find a keyboard we'll hold a cook-in/wake in
> > your honor.
> >
> > Dimitri

> I'm going to hold you to it!! ROTFLMAO!!! I've already asked my
> friend and pastor, Janet, to promise to do a tap dance on the altar if I
> croak before she does. (She's the one who, when in college, dressed as
> a nun for Halloween one year -- used a Kotex pad for the white part of
> the headgear.)
> --
> -Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab,

too.)

The only question is what can I cook from a wheel chair? ;-)

LOL...

However make it late enough so all your friends can hold a private party at
"Al's Breakfast" first. I figure if we can get enough people in line we can
Pi** Off the Locals.

Dimitri

Dimitri

Nancy Young

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Richard, you were the first to respond with an inquiry about my
> departure from the church. Here's the deal: I won't post the details
> publicly but I'll go through the posts and will respond to anyone with a
> legitimate address. Cult? Nah, mainline Lutheran.

Any chance you'll tell me?

nancy
Greykits

>Nexis wrote:
>
>> Dare I inquire about the kickin' out thing? How does one go about getting
>> kicked out of a church? Were you singing Marylin Manson songs?

>Maybe it was the tattoos?
>Goomba

I think that Mel must have shamed the church ladies by offering better food
than their tater tot casseroles at gatherings and they got jealous and ousted
her. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

rharps.com
alzelt

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> A long-time neighbor died and his funeral was this morning at the church
> I got kicked out of 12-13 years ago. I haven't been back since. The
> food was pretty boring. Ham sandwiches, pickles, potato chips (no
> serving tongs--just dig in), some weird vegetable salad with canned
> veggies and not much flavor, a couple three potato salads, a coupla
> pasta salads, brownies, bars, cookies. Man, before I croak, I gotta
> make sure that somebody makes a better plan than that for my funeral
> party.

So, if I have this correctly, you were kicked out for kvetching about
the cooking prowess of the parishoners!!! Or were they serving pickled
beets with the ham sandwiches? If that's the best they can do, I'm not
going!!!!

Barb, I have a deal for you. When you go, have Rob gather up the ashes
and the SBF, Sam and Harry and I will go to Paris and have a great meal,
wine and talk about you.
--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener

Richard Periut

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >, Richard Periut
> > wrote:
>

>>Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>>
>>>A long-time neighbor died and his funeral was this morning at the
>>>church
>>>I got kicked out of 12-13 years ago. I haven't been back since. The
>>>food was pretty boring. Ham sandwiches, pickles, potato chips (no
>>>serving tongs--just dig in), some weird vegetable salad with canned
>>>veggies and not much flavor, a couple three potato salads, a coupla
>>>pasta salads, brownies, bars, cookies. Man, before I croak, I gotta
>>>make sure that somebody makes a better plan than that for my funeral
>>>party.

>>Kicked out of? What kind of church is that??? A cult?
>>
>>Richard

> Richard, you were the first to respond with an inquiry about my
> departure from the church. Here's the deal: I won't post the details
> publicly but I'll go through the posts and will respond to anyone with a
> legitimate address. Cult? Nah, mainline Lutheran.

Huh? Just remove the DOT and you have my address.

--
"..A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava
beans and a nice chianti..."

Hannibal "The Cannibal"

Silence Of The Lambs 1991

Koko

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:17:34 -0500, Becca > wrote:

>> cafeteria lunch. Dare I ask about this kicked outta church thing?

>Do tell!
>
>(She refused to drink the Kool-Aid?)
>
>Becca

Thanks, Becca,
You are too funny. Now I've got to clean the tea off my monitor.

Koko
A Yuman being on the net
(posting from San Diego)

Koko

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:24:48 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>A long-time neighbor died and his funeral was this morning at the church
>I got kicked out of 12-13 years ago. I haven't been back since. The
>food was pretty boring. Ham sandwiches, pickles, potato chips (no
>serving tongs--just dig in), some weird vegetable salad with canned
>veggies and not much flavor, a couple three potato salads, a coupla
>pasta salads, brownies, bars, cookies. Man, before I croak, I gotta
>make sure that somebody makes a better plan than that for my funeral
>party.

Sorry about your neighbor.
I got kicked out of a church also, kind of an excommunicated type
thing.
Don't worry, we'll make sure you won't be ashamed of your funeral
party.

Koko
A Yuman being on the net
(posting from San Diego)
Guppy21014

Around here ( Wisconsin) a funeral is not a funeral without cheese whiz on
white wonder bread topped with crushed generic potato chips. It will be next
to the tator tot casserole and green bean cassarole on the buffet line.
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Richard Periut
> wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > In article >, Richard Periut
> > > wrote:

> >>Kicked out of? What kind of church is that??? A cult?
> >>
> >>Richard

> > Richard, you were the first to respond with an inquiry about my
> > departure from the church. Here's the deal: I won't post the
> > details publicly but I'll go through the posts and will respond to
> > anyone with a legitimate address. Cult? Nah, mainline Lutheran.

> Huh? Just remove the DOT and you have my address.

Understood. It was a generic sort of response.
--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)
Nancy Howells

In article <AXWlb.33076$gi2.12583@fed1read01>, "Nexis" >
wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> > A long-time neighbor died and his funeral was this morning at the
> > church
> > I got kicked out of 12-13 years ago. I haven't been back since. The
> > food was pretty boring. Ham sandwiches, pickles, potato chips (no
> > serving tongs--just dig in), some weird vegetable salad with canned
> > veggies and not much flavor, a couple three potato salads, a coupla
> > pasta salads, brownies, bars, cookies. Man, before I croak, I gotta
> > make sure that somebody makes a better plan than that for my funeral
> > party.
> > --
> > -Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats
> > tab,

> too.)
>
> Barb,
> Very sorry to hear about your neighbor. How sad
> Dare I inquire about the kickin' out thing? How does one go about getting
> kicked out of a church? Were you singing Marylin Manson songs?
> As to the food, do what I did...plan your funeral now. Tell everyone what
> you want, plan menus, assign chores. Hey, it could happen.
>
> kimberly
> p.s. Alexis said she wants to know why she ain't on your picklehat page!
> lol

Hey, I got kicked outta a church for singin' opera. Seriously. Then,
very recently, I was asked not to sing at a church any more.

--
Nancy Howells (don't forget to switch it, and replace the to send mail).
Nancy Howells

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> In article >, Richard Periut
> > wrote:
>
> > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > > In article >, Richard Periut

> > > Richard, you were the first to respond with an inquiry about my
> > > departure from the church. Here's the deal: I won't post the
> > > details publicly but I'll go through the posts and will respond to
> > > anyone with a legitimate address. Cult? Nah, mainline Lutheran.

> > Huh? Just remove the DOT and you have my address.

> Understood. It was a generic sort of response.

I'd be interested - I'd particularly be interested to know what synod
this Lutheran church was. I am sorry for your loss, btw - forgot that
in the previous post.

For what it's worth, the church I was booted outta for singin' opera was
a fundamentalist church, BUT the church I was asked not to sing in any
more was an ELCA Lutheran church - and, after they asked my husband not
to contribute in any way but monetarily, we left them, too.

--
Nancy Howells (don't forget to switch it, and replace the to send mail).

Melba's Jammin'

wrote:

> Barb,
> Very sorry to hear about your neighbor. How sad

Yeah, he was a good guy.

> Dare I inquire about the kickin' out thing?

I'm hoping to do a mailing -- don't know if I'll get it done tonight.

> How does one go about getting
> kicked out of a church?

Tell 'em the emperor isn't wearing any clothes.

> Were you singing Marylin Manson songs?
> As to the food, do what I did...plan your funeral now. Tell everyone what
> you want, plan menus, assign chores. Hey, it could happen.

I'm puttin' Michael, Harry, Zelt, and Terry Pulliam in charge. Tell Rob
I said he has to pay. "-)

> kimberly
> p.s. Alexis said she wants to know why she ain't on your picklehat page!
> lol

Done!
--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)
Richard Periut

Nancy Howells wrote:
> In article >,
> Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>

>>In article >, Richard Periut
> wrote:

>>>Huh? Just remove the DOT and you have my address.

>>Understood. It was a generic sort of response.

> I'd be interested - I'd particularly be interested to know what synod
> this Lutheran church was. I am sorry for your loss, btw - forgot that
> in the previous post.
>
> For what it's worth, the church I was booted outta for singin' opera was
> a fundamentalist church, BUT the church I was asked not to sing in any
> more was an ELCA Lutheran church - and, after they asked my husband not
> to contribute in any way but monetarily, we left them, too.

I would of blasted them with Lucino Pavarotti's rendering of Che Gelida
Manina with my Audi's Bose on full blast.

OK, so they would of called the cops; but at least I had fun!

Richard

--
"..A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava
beans and a nice chianti..."

Hannibal "The Cannibal"

Silence Of The Lambs 1991

Lucas

Nancy Howells > said in the newsgroup.......
:

> Hey, I got kicked outta a church for singin' opera. Seriously. Then,
> very recently, I was asked not to sing at a church any more.

That's Gods way of saying..... "Stay away from churches, Nancy"!! ;-) ;-)
Form a rock band or something like that and go on the road :-)

(I left the church *before* they kicked me out!! And it wasn't for singing
opera either ;-)

--
Peter Lucas # Loyalty above all else, #
Brisbane # except honour. #
Lucas

Melba's Jammin' > said in the newsgroup.......
:

WHAT THE.........!!!!!

Just had a look at your 'tats' ........ different!! :-)

--
Peter Lucas # Loyalty above all else, #
Brisbane # except honour. #
Australia
Puester

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> A long-time neighbor died and his funeral was this morning at the church
> I got kicked out of 12-13 years ago. I haven't been back since.

I have a feeling there's a GREAT story lurking there....

gloria p

Nancy Young

Dog3 wrote:

> Now that you're talking about it (not just you Koko) didn't the Catholic
> Church ex com you if divorced? I have to look this up. I'm now curious.

No, you cannot be divorced if you married in a Catholic church,
therefore it cannot happen. You can have it annulled. Get out
the checkbook.

Reminds me of bygamy, how can you be a bygamist if the second
(or third or whatever) marriage is not legal, it's a law you
cannot break.

nancy
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

wrote:
> > How does one go about getting
> > kicked out of a church?

> Tell 'em the emperor isn't wearing any clothes.

I thought it might be because of your sainthood from another church :-).

rona

Puester

Goomba wrote:

> Nexis wrote:
>
> > Dare I inquire about the kickin' out thing? How does one go about getting
> > kicked out of a church? Were you singing Marylin Manson songs?

> Maybe it was the tattoos?
> Goomba

Or she began her famous "saying the beads" in a
Lutheran church!

gloria p
Nancy Young

Nancy Young wrote:

> Reminds me of bygamy,

So, shut up, I can't spell bigamy.
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> No, you cannot be divorced if you married in a Catholic church,
> therefore it cannot happen. You can have it annulled. Get out
> the checkbook.

Technically, you could get divorced and it would be legal, but the Catholic
church would not recognize it. You would never be allowed to remarry in the
church (unless you had the first marriage annulled, as well) nor would you
be "allowed" to receive communion. No one could stop you from attending
mass, however, or even going to confession. I have an uncle who was
divorced and who remarried. He goes still goes to mass but never communion.
He never got his first marriage annulled--I think he might have tried but it
was never approved. I don't really remember the story.

> Reminds me of bygamy, how can you be a bygamist if the second
> (or third or whatever) marriage is not legal, it's a law you
> cannot break.
>
> nancy

I don't understand how a couple with children can have their marriage
annulled. Wouldn't that make their children illegitimate (in the eyes of
the church)?

rona