Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Roasted cauliflower

I had to make some roasted cauliflower to go with the Dakkah blend I
made the other day. I got the recipe from Jaden's steamy kitchen. She
says it's delicious on roasted cauliflower and she is so right.

This is the perfect blending of flavors and textures. All the time I
was piggin...ahem I mean eating it, I was thinking it's a perfect
cocktail time food. Little bites of still firm cauliflower sprinkled
with a spicy nutty blend. I did eventually put on more blend than what
shows is the photo.

Cauliflower florets tossed in evoo and salt. (did I just say
evoo...ugghh) yummooo. ;-)
http://i25.tinypic.com/22dbg9.jpg

Roasted at 400*f until turning brown about 15 minutes.
http://i29.tinypic.com/ke9sg6.jpg

Plated and sprinkled with Dakkah blend.
http://i30.tinypic.com/2pyrprb.jpg

Plated up close
http://i26.tinypic.com/wtj47c.jpg

Despite appearances no cauliflower were burned in the making of this
dish

koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 2/24
"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> GUEST wrote:
> I had to make some roasted cauliflower to go with the Dakkah blend

> made the other day. I got the recipe from Jaden's steamy kitchen.

She
> says it's delicious on roasted cauliflower and she is so right.
>
> This is the perfect blending of flavors and textures. All the time

> was piggin...ahem I mean eating it, I was thinking it's a perfect
> cocktail time food. Little bites of still firm cauliflower

sprinkled
> with a spicy nutty blend. I did eventually put on more blend than

what
> shows is the photo.
>
> Cauliflower florets tossed in evoo and salt. (did I just say
> evoo...ugghh) yummooo. ;-)
> http://i25.tinypic.com/22dbg9.jpg
>
> Roasted at 400*f until turning brown about 15 minutes.
> http://i29.tinypic.com/ke9sg6.jpg
>
> Plated and sprinkled with Dakkah blend.
> http://i30.tinypic.com/2pyrprb.jpg
>
> Plated up close
> http://i26.tinypic.com/wtj47c.jpg
>
> Despite appearances no cauliflower were burned in the making of

this
> dish
>
> koko
> ---
> http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
> updated 2/24
> "There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
> George Bernard

Shaw

Wow...roasted cauliflower is very tasty. It's my favorite
food. I usually make this food for my family.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> GUEST wrote:
> I had to make some roasted cauliflower to go with the Dakkah blend

> made the other day. I got the recipe from Jaden's steamy kitchen.

She
> says it's delicious on roasted cauliflower and she is so right.
>
> This is the perfect blending of flavors and textures. All the time

> was piggin...ahem I mean eating it, I was thinking it's a perfect
> cocktail time food. Little bites of still firm cauliflower

sprinkled
> with a spicy nutty blend. I did eventually put on more blend than

what
> shows is the photo.
>
> Cauliflower florets tossed in evoo and salt. (did I just say
> evoo...ugghh) yummooo. ;-)
> http://i25.tinypic.com/22dbg9.jpg
>
> Roasted at 400*f until turning brown about 15 minutes.
> http://i29.tinypic.com/ke9sg6.jpg
>
> Plated and sprinkled with Dakkah blend.
> http://i30.tinypic.com/2pyrprb.jpg
>
> Plated up close
> http://i26.tinypic.com/wtj47c.jpg
>
> Despite appearances no cauliflower were burned in the making of

this
> dish
>
> koko
> ---
> http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
> updated 2/24
> "There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
> George Bernard Shaw

Not a
big fan of cauliflower but this recipe sounds good so I'll give it a
shot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 22:56:23 -0500,
lid (gamerelic) wrote:

> > Plated and sprinkled with Dakkah blend.

http://i30.tinypic.com/2pyrprb.jpg

> > Plated up close
> > http://i26.tinypic.com/wtj47c.jpg
> >
> > Despite appearances no cauliflower were burned in the making of

> this
> > dish
> >
> > koko

What's Dakkah blend?

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf asked:

> What's Dakkah blend?

It's a nut-seed-spice mixture common in Middle Eastern cooking. I've posted
a recipe here befo

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...7f34a2195e89c3

Bob

Roasted Cauliflower Betsy General Cooking 53 08-10-2010 08:22 PM
REC: Roasted Cauliflower Janet Wilder[_1_] Diabetic 6 05-10-2007 11:31 AM
roasted cauliflower Molly Diabetic 3 06-06-2006 03:08 AM
REC: Roasted Cauliflower Pete Romfh Diabetic 4 25-05-2006 05:19 AM
Roasted Cauliflower Gladys Dinletir Recipes (moderated) 0 10-11-2004 04:09 PM