Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Similar disgusting acts more often than you think...

So you like to eat out and think no one pees, spits, honks lungers in
your food...

Diner finds hairs in ribeye; Cook accused of putting them there

AP

WEST BEND, Wis. (AP) - A restaurant cook is out of a job and facing a
felony charge after being accused of hiding hairs in a ribeye because
a customer complained the first steak served to him was overcooked.

Kevin Hansen, who dined at the steakhouse with friends and family
Saturday, said he ordered a 16-ounce ribeye cooked medium rare, with a
warm, red center, according to the criminal complaint filed against
cook Ryan Kropp.

When restaurant service manager Michael Liberatore stopped by the
table, Hansen told him the steak was cooked medium, not medium rare.

Hansen declined an offer of a new steak, but Liberatore persisted and
offered a new steak he could take home, the complaint said.

Liberatore then took what was left of the first steak and showed it to
Kropp and the other cook on duty "so that they could both learn what a
medium rare steak was supposed to look like," the complaint said.

Hansen went to police Sunday to complain of hair in the second steak.
A police officer observed "several strands of what appeared to be hair
coming out of the middle of the steak," the complaint said.

Kropp, 24, of West Bend, was charged Wednesday with a felony of
placing foreign objects in edibles, carrying up to 3 1/2 years in
prison and a $10,000 fine. He was released on a signature bond.

Kropp admitted to police he put a few of his facial hairs on the
steak, saying he was angry the customer sent the other steak back and
thought he was "just trying to get free stuff," according to the
complaint.

According to the complaint, a second kitchen worker told police Kropp
put a slit in the steak and pushed something inside, then stated,
"These are my pubes," referring to pubic hair.

Travis Doster, a spokesman for the Texas Roadhouse chain of 288
restaurants in 44 states, said Thursday night that Kropp and the other
worker were both terminated.

"Food safety is our number one priority and we will not allow anyone
to compromise that," Doster said. "As a company, we're not only
shocked, we're angry that someone would pull such a reckless stunt as
putting facial hair in a steak."

He said the West Bend restaurant has an excellent inspection record.
"I just feel for the staff because they really work hard, and one
silly stupid stunt impacts everybody," he said.

Kropp has a hearing scheduled March 26 in Washington County Circuit
Court.

There was no answer when The Associated Press called a phone listing
for Kropp Thursday night seeking comment. A message for his lawyer,
public defender Erin Joy Larsen, was not immediately returned.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
> So you like to eat out and think no one pees, spits, honks lungers in
> your food...
>

> Diner finds hairs in ribeye; Cook accused of putting them there
>
> AP
>
> WEST BEND, Wis. (AP) - A restaurant cook is out of a job and facing a
> felony charge after being accused of hiding hairs in a ribeye because
> a customer complained the first steak served to him was overcooked.

I fail to see why food not cooked to order upsets (allegedy) restaurant
cooks so much. It's their job to cook it, no matter how nit-picky or bitchy
the customer may be. "Kropp admitted to police he put a few of his facial
hairs on the steak, saying he was angry the customer sent the other steak
back and thought he was "just trying to get free stuff," according to the
complaint." Why should the cook care if the manager wants to give a bitchy
customer a free meal?!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 29, 9:18�am, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> "Sheldon" > wrote in message
>
> ...> So you like to eat out and think no one pees, spits, honks lungers in
> > your food...

> > Diner finds hairs in ribeye; Cook accused of putting them there

> > AP

> > WEST BEND, Wis. (AP) - A restaurant cook is out of a job and facing a
> > felony charge after being accused of hiding hairs in a ribeye because
> > a customer complained the first steak served to him was overcooked.

> I fail to see why food not cooked to order upsets (allegedy) restaurant
> cooks so much. �It's their job to cook it, no matter how nit-picky or bitchy
> the customer may be. �"Kropp admitted to police he put a few of his facial
> hairs on the steak, saying he was angry the customer sent the other steak
> back and thought he was "just trying to get free stuff," according to the
> complaint." �Why should the cook care if the manager wants to give a bitchy
> customer a free meal?!

Most cooks have to slave away for hours before earning the price of
that one steak dinner... most cooks are bitter... odds are every steak
you ever ate in a restaurant the cook and/or waitperson spit on, or
worse.

If yoose study the history of restaurant's being you'd learn that only
the poorest of the poor homeless nomadics, primarily criminals, ate at
roadside taverns. Those who were landed and had a home never ate
anything but from their own kitchen prepared by their own cook who
knew the penalty for fudging with the food was death... they didn't
even trust eating from their neighbor's kitchens. People who eat out
today veiw it as a sign of sucess... actually eating at restaurants is
the ultimate indication one is a low class ignoranus.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

in > (Fri, 29 Feb 2008 05:53:00 -0800 (PST)), Sheldon wrote:
| So you like to eat out and think no one pees, spits, honks lungers in
| your food...

yep, this is exactly why i will _never_ send anything back to the kitchen in
a restaurant. if it's a question of being unsafe to eat like undercooked
chicken or something, i will just not eat it.

you can only ever have one bad meal at a restaurant.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
tom tom is offline

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
<snip>
.... odds are every steak
you ever ate in a restaurant the cook and/or waitperson spit on, or
worse.
<snip>
People who eat out
today veiw it as a sign of sucess... actually eating at restaurants is
the ultimate indication one is a low class ignoranus.

LOL.......someone must have been fired recently.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 29, 11:32�am, Janet Baraclough >
wrote:
> The message >
> from "jmcquown" > contains these words:
>
> > I fail to see why food not cooked to order upsets (allegedy) restaurant
> > cooks so much. �It's their job to cook it, no matter how nit-picky or
> > bitchy
> > the customer may be.

> � It's their job too cook it exactly as requested. But too often,
> cutomers/guests make it hard to serve the dish at the moment of
> perfection. �A rude but increasingly common event, is the diner/guest
> who goes walkabout part way through the meal, to take or make a
> cellphone call or greet acquaintances at another table.The kitchen,
> which has just cooked a rare steak (or a souffle or an omelette)
> perfectly and exactly to order, has no choice but to keep it hot until
> he sits down; and just a few minutes later, that steak won't be rare any
> more.

Servers need not concern themselves with what the patron is doing
where... they are still going to serve the food as it becomes ready...
it is wholey, soley, and fully the responsibility of the patron to
inform the server to delay preparing their food, and in a timely
manner. If the food is served and the patron is not there for
whatever reason the most polite explanation the patron is owed is
"tough shit". Whaddaya think, the server is yer mommy?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> The message >
> from "jmcquown" > contains these words:
>
> > I fail to see why food not cooked to order upsets (allegedy) restaurant
> > cooks so much. �It's their job to cook it, no matter how nit-picky or
> > bitchy
> > the customer may be.

> � It's their job too cook it exactly as requested. But too often,
> cutomers/guests make it hard to serve the dish at the moment of
> perfection. �A rude but increasingly common event, is the diner/guest
> who goes walkabout part way through the meal, to take or make a
> cellphone call or greet acquaintances at another table.The kitchen,
> which has just cooked a rare steak (or a souffle or an omelette)
> perfectly and exactly to order, has no choice but to keep it hot until
> he sits down; and just a few minutes later, that steak won't be rare any
> more.

Servers need not concern themselves with what the patron is doing
where... they are still going to serve the food as it becomes ready...
it is wholey, soley, and fully the responsibility of the patron to
inform the server to delay preparing their food, and in a timely
manner. If the food is served and the patron is not there for
whatever reason the most polite explanation the patron is owed is
"tough shit". Whaddaya think, the server is yer mommy?

LOL! Even my mommy wouldn't care if my food got cold because I was off
doing something else rather than at the table when she said it was ready.
In a restaurant, if a dining companion gets up to use the restroom when the
server arrives, they don't say, "Oh, we'll hold this in the kitchen until
he/she gets back."

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
On Feb 29, 9:18�am, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> "Sheldon" > wrote in message
>
> ...>
> So you like to eat out and think no one pees, spits, honks lungers in
> > your food...

> > Diner finds hairs in ribeye; Cook accused of putting them there

> > AP

> > WEST BEND, Wis. (AP) - A restaurant cook is out of a job and facing a
> > felony charge after being accused of hiding hairs in a ribeye because
> > a customer complained the first steak served to him was overcooked.

> I fail to see why food not cooked to order upsets (allegedy) restaurant
> cooks so much. �It's their job to cook it, no matter how nit-picky or
> bitchy
> the customer may be. �"Kropp admitted to police he put a few of his facial
> hairs on the steak, saying he was angry the customer sent the other steak
> back and thought he was "just trying to get free stuff," according to the
> complaint." �Why should the cook care if the manager wants to give a
> bitchy
> customer a free meal?!

Most cooks have to slave away for hours before earning the price of
that one steak dinner... most cooks are bitter... odds are every steak
you ever ate in a restaurant the cook and/or waitperson spit on, or
worse.
I never witnessed anything of the sort in the restaurants I worked in, but
then I wasn't standing over the cooks watching their every move. I never
saw a server do this, either. It's more therapeutic to go into one of the
walk-ins and scream I'm NOT saying it doesn't happen but the people who
do it are terminally stupid.

It doesn't matter what the cook or the server earns. It's not the
customer's fault if they think their job sucks or they have a shitty life or
their dog got run over that morning. And it's of absolutely no concern to
him/her if the restaurant manager decides the best way to deal with a
complaint is to comp the guy's meal. You know the saying, if you can't
stand the heat get out of the kitchen. This is an absolute truth when it
comes to restaurant work.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> "Sheldon" > wrote in message
>> So you like to eat out and think no one pees, spits, honks lungers in
>> your food...
>>

>> Diner finds hairs in ribeye; Cook accused of putting them there
>>
>> AP
>>
>> WEST BEND, Wis. (AP) - A restaurant cook is out of a job and facing a
>> felony charge after being accused of hiding hairs in a ribeye because
>> a customer complained the first steak served to him was overcooked.
>>

> I fail to see why food not cooked to order upsets (allegedy) restaurant
> cooks so much. It's their job to cook it, no matter how nit-picky or bitchy
> the customer may be. "Kropp admitted to police he put a few of his facial
> hairs on the steak, saying he was angry the customer sent the other steak
> back and thought he was "just trying to get free stuff," according to the
> complaint." Why should the cook care if the manager wants to give a bitchy
> customer a free meal?!

1. Cheating is cheating, and many people consider it a bad thing even if
they're not directly financially involved. 2. I've worked in retailing,
and I remember dealing with customers, which along with the pay is the
worst part of it.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> You know the saying, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.
> This is an absolute truth when it comes to restaurant work.

....and when you're cooking for hungry sharks, even at home.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
news
> jmcquown wrote:
>

>> "Sheldon" > wrote in message
>>> So you like to eat out and think no one pees, spits, honks lungers in
>>> your food...
>>>

>>> Diner finds hairs in ribeye; Cook accused of putting them there
>>>
>>> AP
>>>
>>> WEST BEND, Wis. (AP) - A restaurant cook is out of a job and facing a
>>> felony charge after being accused of hiding hairs in a ribeye because
>>> a customer complained the first steak served to him was overcooked.
>>>

>> I fail to see why food not cooked to order upsets (allegedy) restaurant
>> cooks so much. It's their job to cook it, no matter how nit-picky or
>> bitchy
>> the customer may be. "Kropp admitted to police he put a few of his
>> facial
>> hairs on the steak, saying he was angry the customer sent the other steak
>> back and thought he was "just trying to get free stuff," according to the
>> complaint." Why should the cook care if the manager wants to give a
>> bitchy
>> customer a free meal?!

> 1. Cheating is cheating, and many people consider it a bad thing even if
> they're not directly financially involved. 2. I've worked in retailing,
> and I remember dealing with customers, which along with the pay is the
> worst part of it.
>
> --
> Blinky

You know I don't agree with stealing in any way, shape or form. But
according to the article the customer didn't even *want* the steak the
manager pushed on him. "Hansen declined an offer of a new steak, but
Liberatore persisted and
offered a new steak he could take home, the complaint said." Even so, the
cook was out of line; it's not his problem if someone is trying to get a
free meal. A saavy manager knows when they're being scammed.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

bitbucket wrote:
> in
> >
> (Fri, 29 Feb 2008 05:53:00 -0800 (PST)), Sheldon wrote:
>> So you like to eat out and think no one pees, spits, honks lungers
>> in your food...

> yep, this is exactly why i will _never_ send anything back to the
> kitchen in
> a restaurant. if it's a question of being unsafe to eat like
> undercooked
> chicken or something, i will just not eat it.

Yep. I will complain, but only when i am on my way out!

> you can only ever have one bad meal at a restaurant.

Quite! I will never return!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
> news
>> jmcquown wrote:

>>> I fail to see why food not cooked to order upsets (allegedy) restaurant
>>> cooks so much. It's their job to cook it, no matter how nit-picky or
>>> bitchy
>>> the customer may be. "Kropp admitted to police he put a few of his
>>> facial
>>> hairs on the steak, saying he was angry the customer sent the other steak
>>> back and thought he was "just trying to get free stuff," according to the
>>> complaint." Why should the cook care if the manager wants to give a
>>> bitchy
>>> customer a free meal?!

>> 1. Cheating is cheating, and many people consider it a bad thing even if
>> they're not directly financially involved. 2. I've worked in retailing,
>> and I remember dealing with customers, which along with the pay is the
>> worst part of it.
>>
>> --
>> Blinky

> You know I don't agree with stealing in any way, shape or form. But
> according to the article the customer didn't even *want* the steak the
> manager pushed on him. "Hansen declined an offer of a new steak, but
> Liberatore persisted and offered a new steak he could take home, the
> complaint said." Even so, the cook was out of line; it's not his

Oh. I missed that. But I'm still hanging on to my second conveniently
numbered point.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
news
> jmcquown wrote:
>

>> "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
>> news

>>> 1. Cheating is cheating, and many people consider it a bad thing even if
>>> they're not directly financially involved. 2. I've worked in retailing,
>>> and I remember dealing with customers, which along with the pay is the
>>> worst part of it.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Blinky

>> You know I don't agree with stealing in any way, shape or form. But
>> according to the article the customer didn't even *want* the steak the
>> manager pushed on him. "Hansen declined an offer of a new steak, but
>> Liberatore persisted and offered a new steak he could take home, the
>> complaint said." Even so, the cook was out of line; it's not his

> Oh. I missed that. But I'm still hanging on to my second conveniently
> numbered point.
>
> --
> Blinky

I agree with retail being a thankless job. But I still don't see how, at
any point, this particular cook had to deal with the customer personally!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
> news
>> jmcquown wrote:

>>> You know I don't agree with stealing in any way, shape or form. But
>>> according to the article the customer didn't even *want* the steak the
>>> manager pushed on him. "Hansen declined an offer of a new steak, but
>>> Liberatore persisted and offered a new steak he could take home, the
>>> complaint said." Even so, the cook was out of line; it's not his

>> Oh. I missed that. But I'm still hanging on to my second conveniently
>> numbered point.
>>
>> --
>> Blinky
>>

> I agree with retail being a thankless job. But I still don't see how, at
> any point, this particular cook had to deal with the customer personally!

He didn't. But he was directly affected by him.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
> So you like to eat out and think no one pees, spits, honks lungers in
> your food...
>

> Diner finds hairs in ribeye; Cook accused of putting them there
>
> AP
>
> WEST BEND, Wis. (AP) - A restaurant cook is out of a job and facing a
> felony charge after being accused of hiding hairs in a ribeye because
> a customer complained the first steak served to him was overcooked.

[snip...]

It really surprises me, with all the latest developments in camera
surveillance systems, that no one has even thought about monitoring the
kitchen areas of restaurants with cameras and recording the results for a
certain number of days. However, IMHO, they should do just that, and clearly
post signs in the kitchen notifying the staff they are being monitored and
recorded.

The rationale being...

If a cook tampers with a customer's food in any way, the cook would be held
accountable upon proof that the recording shows they did indeed clearly and
deliberately tamper with a customer's food.

On the other hand, if nothing at all was done to a customer's food in the
kitchen, and the customer then suspects the kitchen staff did something to
the food and reports it, a quick review of the surveillance recording would
show the staff was innocent of any wrongdoing.

That still doesn't totally eliminate the opportunities for rogue kitchen
staff to tamper with a customer's food, but it would make it much less
desirable to do so with cameras monitoring and recording kitchen staff, and
again, it would also give well-behaved kitchen staff additional protection
against false claims that they tampered with a customer's food.

Others may vary in their opinions, but it does make sense to me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Daniel W. Rouse Jr." > wrote in message

> It really surprises me, with all the latest developments in camera
> surveillance systems, that no one has even thought about monitoring the
> kitchen areas of restaurants with cameras and recording the results for a
> certain number of days. However, IMHO, they should do just that, and
> clearly
> post signs in the kitchen notifying the staff they are being monitored and
> recorded.
>
> The rationale being...
>
> If a cook tampers with a customer's food in any way, the cook would be
> held
> accountable upon proof that the recording shows they did indeed clearly
> and
> deliberately tamper with a customer's food.

Do you want to be filmed every minute of you working day?

For the few complaints it is also costly to do. IMO, there is no rationale
for it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 21:34:58 -0800, Daniel W. Rouse Jr. wrote:

> It really surprises me, with all the latest developments in camera
> surveillance systems, that no one has even thought about monitoring the
> kitchen areas of restaurants with cameras and recording the results for a
> certain number of days. However, IMHO, they should do just that, and clearly
> post signs in the kitchen notifying the staff they are being monitored and
> recorded.

Logan's Roadhouse's grills are behind a glass wall where the
customers can see in. If that doesn't stop the cooks from
****ing with the food, then nothing will.

You could also put up web cams and offer in-house surveillance of
the kitchen from the customers table for anyone with a laptop.
Or just have a monitor on each table.

Or they could offer fecal, saliva, and human DNA test strips for
your food. They would come rolled up in your hermetically-sealed
napkin along with the autoclaved silverware.

Or... Or...

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 00:45:42 -0500, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> Do you want to be filmed every minute of you working day?

It happens to practically every cashier in every retail
establishment.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
> So you like to eat out and think no one pees, spits, honks lungers in
> your food...
>

> Diner finds hairs in ribeye; Cook accused of putting them there
>
> AP
>
> WEST BEND, Wis. (AP) - A restaurant cook is out of a job and facing a
> felony charge after being accused of hiding hairs in a ribeye because
> a customer complained the first steak served to him was overcooked.
>
> Kevin Hansen, who dined at the steakhouse with friends and family
> Saturday, said he ordered a 16-ounce ribeye cooked medium rare, with a
> warm, red center, according to the criminal complaint filed against
> cook Ryan Kropp.
>
> When restaurant service manager Michael Liberatore stopped by the
> table, Hansen told him the steak was cooked medium, not medium rare.
>
> Hansen declined an offer of a new steak, but Liberatore persisted and
> offered a new steak he could take home, the complaint said.
>
> Liberatore then took what was left of the first steak and showed it to
> Kropp and the other cook on duty "so that they could both learn what a
> medium rare steak was supposed to look like," the complaint said.
>
> Hansen went to police Sunday to complain of hair in the second steak.
> A police officer observed "several strands of what appeared to be hair
> coming out of the middle of the steak," the complaint said.
>
> Kropp, 24, of West Bend, was charged Wednesday with a felony of
> placing foreign objects in edibles, carrying up to 3 1/2 years in
> prison and a $10,000 fine. He was released on a signature bond.
>
> Kropp admitted to police he put a few of his facial hairs on the
> steak, saying he was angry the customer sent the other steak back and
> thought he was "just trying to get free stuff," according to the
> complaint.
>
> According to the complaint, a second kitchen worker told police Kropp
> put a slit in the steak and pushed something inside, then stated,
> "These are my pubes," referring to pubic hair.
>
> Travis Doster, a spokesman for the Texas Roadhouse chain of 288
> restaurants in 44 states, said Thursday night that Kropp and the other
> worker were both terminated.
>
> "Food safety is our number one priority and we will not allow anyone
> to compromise that," Doster said. "As a company, we're not only
> shocked, we're angry that someone would pull such a reckless stunt as
> putting facial hair in a steak."
>
> He said the West Bend restaurant has an excellent inspection record.
> "I just feel for the staff because they really work hard, and one
> silly stupid stunt impacts everybody," he said.
>
> Kropp has a hearing scheduled March 26 in Washington County Circuit
> Court.
>
> There was no answer when The Associated Press called a phone listing
> for Kropp Thursday night seeking comment. A message for his lawyer,
> public defender Erin Joy Larsen, was not immediately returned.

Sheldon, what a great story, and thanks for it. Something very similar to
that happened to us in Madison, Wisconsin years ago.

Kent

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 00:45:42 -0500, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> Do you want to be filmed every minute of you working day?

> It happens to practically every cashier in every retail
> establishment.
>
> -sw

I was in Walgreen's the other day dropping off a prescription for my mom.
The security cameras in the ceiling have signs on them: "security camera".
LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 21:34:58 -0800, Daniel W. Rouse Jr. wrote:
>
>> It really surprises me, with all the latest developments in camera
>> surveillance systems, that no one has even thought about monitoring
>> the kitchen areas of restaurants with cameras and recording the
>> results for a certain number of days. However, IMHO, they should do
>> just that, and clearly post signs in the kitchen notifying the staff
>> they are being monitored and recorded.

> Logan's Roadhouse's grills are behind a glass wall where the
> customers can see in. If that doesn't stop the cooks from
> ****ing with the food, then nothing will.
>
> You could also put up web cams and offer in-house surveillance of
> the kitchen from the customers table for anyone with a laptop.
> Or just have a monitor on each table.
>
> Or they could offer fecal, saliva, and human DNA test strips for
> your food. They would come rolled up in your hermetically-sealed
> napkin along with the autoclaved silverware.
>
> Or... Or...
>
> -sw

Don't you think this happens with any regularity? If you don't, then you
haven't heard (or overheard) teenage boys or young men bragging about it.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> If yoose study the history of restaurant's being you'd learn that only
> the poorest of the poor homeless nomadics, primarily criminals, ate at
> roadside taverns.

People with money travelled a lot. Before trains were invented they had to travel by coach. Roads were were rough and travel was slow. People had to
eat at roadside taverns.

> Those who were landed and had a home never ate
> anything but from their own kitchen prepared by their own cook who
> knew the penalty for fudging with the food was death... they didn't
> even trust eating from their neighbor's kitchens. People who eat out
> today veiw it as a sign of sucess... actually eating at restaurants is
> the ultimate indication one is a low class ignoranus.

I am amazed at how much people spend on restaurant meals these days and the the high standards they demand, considering that so many of them eat crap
at home.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Bostwick wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
> > D Rouse wrote:

> >> It really surprises me, with all the latest developments in camera
> >> surveillance systems, that no one has even thought about monitoring
> >> the kitchen areas of restaurants with cameras and recording the
> >> results for a certain number of days. However, IMHO, they should do
> >> just that, and clearly post signs in the kitchen notifying the staff
> >> they are being monitored and recorded.

> > Logan's Roadhouse's grills are behind a glass wall where the
> > customers can see in. �If that doesn't stop the cooks from
> > ****ing with the food, then nothing will.

> > You could also put up web cams and offer in-house surveillance of
> > the kitchen from the customers table for anyone with a laptop.
> > Or just have a monitor on each table.

> > Or they could offer fecal, saliva, and human DNA test strips for
> > your food. �They would come rolled up in your hermetically-sealed
> > napkin along with the autoclaved silverware.

> Don't you think this happens with any regularity? � If you don't, then you
> haven't heard (or overheard) teenage boys or young men bragging about it.

How sexist... so you think there aren't any female food ****ers...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> Janet Bostwick wrote:
>> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Logan's Roadhouse's grills are behind a glass wall where the
>>> customers can see in. ?If that doesn't stop the cooks from
>>> ****ing with the food, then nothing will.

>>> You could also put up web cams and offer in-house surveillance of
>>> the kitchen from the customers table for anyone with a laptop.
>>> Or just have a monitor on each table.

>>> Or they could offer fecal, saliva, and human DNA test strips for
>>> your food. ?They would come rolled up in your hermetically-sealed
>>> napkin along with the autoclaved silverware.

>> Don't you think this happens with any regularity? ? If you don't,
>> then you haven't heard (or overheard) teenage boys or young men
>> bragging about it.

> How sexist... so you think there aren't any female food ****ers...

Perhaps you're right, but I have only overheard young men bragging about it.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 00:45:42 -0500, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> Do you want to be filmed every minute of you working day?

> It happens to practically every cashier in every retail
> establishment.
>
> -sw

Sure, casinos too, but I'd not take a job where I have to be watched every
moment.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 21:34:58 -0800, "Daniel W. Rouse Jr."
> wrote:

>"Sheldon" > wrote in message
>> So you like to eat out and think no one pees, spits, honks lungers in
>> your food...
>>

>> Diner finds hairs in ribeye; Cook accused of putting them there
>>
>> AP
>>
>> WEST BEND, Wis. (AP) - A restaurant cook is out of a job and facing a
>> felony charge after being accused of hiding hairs in a ribeye because
>> a customer complained the first steak served to him was overcooked.
>>

>[snip...]
>
>It really surprises me, with all the latest developments in camera
>surveillance systems, that no one has even thought about monitoring the
>kitchen areas of restaurants with cameras and recording the results for a
>certain number of days. However, IMHO, they should do just that, and clearly
>post signs in the kitchen notifying the staff they are being monitored and
>recorded.
>
>The rationale being...
>
>If a cook tampers with a customer's food in any way, the cook would be held
>accountable upon proof that the recording shows they did indeed clearly and
>deliberately tamper with a customer's food.
>
>On the other hand, if nothing at all was done to a customer's food in the
>kitchen, and the customer then suspects the kitchen staff did something to
>the food and reports it, a quick review of the surveillance recording would
>show the staff was innocent of any wrongdoing.
>
>That still doesn't totally eliminate the opportunities for rogue kitchen
>staff to tamper with a customer's food, but it would make it much less
>desirable to do so with cameras monitoring and recording kitchen staff, and
>again, it would also give well-behaved kitchen staff additional protection
>against false claims that they tampered with a customer's food.
>
>Others may vary in their opinions, but it does make sense to me.

why not just film everybody all the time? it's sure they're up to no
good, the *******s.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 21:34:58 -0800, "Daniel W. Rouse Jr."
> > wrote:
>
>>"Sheldon" > wrote in message
>>> So you like to eat out and think no one pees, spits, honks lungers in
>>> your food...
>>>

>>> Diner finds hairs in ribeye; Cook accused of putting them there
>>>
>>> AP
>>>
>>> WEST BEND, Wis. (AP) - A restaurant cook is out of a job and facing a
>>> felony charge after being accused of hiding hairs in a ribeye because
>>> a customer complained the first steak served to him was overcooked.
>>>

>>[snip...]
>>
>>It really surprises me, with all the latest developments in camera
>>surveillance systems, that no one has even thought about monitoring the
>>kitchen areas of restaurants with cameras and recording the results for a
>>certain number of days. However, IMHO, they should do just that, and
>>clearly
>>post signs in the kitchen notifying the staff they are being monitored and
>>recorded.
>>
>>The rationale being...
>>
>>If a cook tampers with a customer's food in any way, the cook would be
>>held
>>accountable upon proof that the recording shows they did indeed clearly
>>and
>>deliberately tamper with a customer's food.
>>
>>On the other hand, if nothing at all was done to a customer's food in the
>>kitchen, and the customer then suspects the kitchen staff did something to
>>the food and reports it, a quick review of the surveillance recording
>>would
>>show the staff was innocent of any wrongdoing.
>>
>>That still doesn't totally eliminate the opportunities for rogue kitchen
>>staff to tamper with a customer's food, but it would make it much less
>>desirable to do so with cameras monitoring and recording kitchen staff,
>>and
>>again, it would also give well-behaved kitchen staff additional protection
>>against false claims that they tampered with a customer's food.
>>
>>Others may vary in their opinions, but it does make sense to me.
>>

> why not just film everybody all the time? it's sure they're up to no
> good, the *******s.
>
> your pal,
> blake

LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 15:09:10 GMT, Janet Baraclough wrote:

> The message >
> from "jmcquown" > contains these words:
>
>> I was in Walgreen's the other day dropping off a prescription for my mom.
>> The security cameras in the ceiling have signs on them: "security camera".
>> LOL

> No different from those big red boxes some people nail to their
> houses, marked ALARM. It's a warning, a deterrent to casual
> opportunists, and possibly, a big lie to distract thieves attention from
> where the real security devices are concealed.

We don't have big red boxes. We use small stickers on the
windows.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 06:51:03 -0700, "Janet Bostwick"
> wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 21:34:58 -0800, Daniel W. Rouse Jr. wrote:
>>
>>> It really surprises me, with all the latest developments in camera
>>> surveillance systems, that no one has even thought about monitoring
>>> the kitchen areas of restaurants with cameras and recording the
>>> results for a certain number of days. However, IMHO, they should do
>>> just that, and clearly post signs in the kitchen notifying the staff
>>> they are being monitored and recorded.

>> Logan's Roadhouse's grills are behind a glass wall where the
>> customers can see in. If that doesn't stop the cooks from
>> ****ing with the food, then nothing will.
>>
>> You could also put up web cams and offer in-house surveillance of
>> the kitchen from the customers table for anyone with a laptop.
>> Or just have a monitor on each table.
>>
>> Or they could offer fecal, saliva, and human DNA test strips for
>> your food. They would come rolled up in your hermetically-sealed
>> napkin along with the autoclaved silverware.
>>
>> Or... Or...
>>
>> -sw

>Don't you think this happens with any regularity? If you don't, then you
>haven't heard (or overheard) teenage boys or young men bragging about it.
>Janet

and teenage boys and young men would never lie about such a thing.
make sure to ask them about their sex lives, too.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 15:03:05 GMT, Janet Baraclough wrote:

> The message >
> from Sqwertz > contains these words:
>
>> On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 00:45:42 -0500, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

>>> Do you want to be filmed every minute of you working day?

>> It happens to practically every cashier in every retail
>> establishment.

> True; but they are generally solo and fixed in a regular position at
> their workstation, logged in to their computerised till, and the till
> contents and till roll are back up evidence. Any deviation from such a
> limited range of legitimate behaviour for that task, is relatively easy
> to spot and trace to an individual.
>
> Not like kitchen and waiting staff who have every reason to be running
> about, doing many different things, turning their back to cameras, and
> are seldom the only person to have handled a particular food or plate.

We could just strap a camera to their forehead. Everything they
see, we see. Yeah - that'll work!

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 06:46:49 -0800 (PST), Sheldon wrote:

> How sexist... so you think there aren't any female food ****ers...

I'd think you in particular would enjoy a steak rubbed up against
some lady's crotch.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Baraclough" > wrote in message
> The message >
> from "Edwin Pawlowski" > contains these words:
>
>> I'd not take a job where I have to be watched every
>> moment.

> So, that rules out actor, teacher, sportsman, TV presenter, fashion
> model....
>
> :-)
>
> Janet

Right. I have no desire for any of those jobs.

Frankly, I'm spoiled. I have what I consider a dream job with a lot of
independence, no one ever asking me what I did for the day, no one telling
me what to do, and no really set hours. I don't know how much vacation
time I get either; I take off the time I need. Rarely work a Saturday, only
worked on Sunday one time in 19 years (special project). While I can take
time off, I don't do it too often because I like going to work, spending
time with my co-workers, having lunch with them, etc.

If I want to take a nap, I just shut the light. If I want to stretch, I
take a walk either inside or outside the building.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote
> Frankly, I'm spoiled. I have what I consider a dream job with a lot of
> independence, no one ever asking me what I did for the day, no one telling
> me what to do, and no really set hours. [...]
> If I want to take a nap, I just shut the light. If I want to stretch, I
> take a walk either inside or outside the building.

It's glorious, isn't it? Particularly if you spent some years, as I did,
working for others in a more structured environment.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 06:51:03 -0700, "Janet Bostwick"
> > wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Logan's Roadhouse's grills are behind a glass wall where the
>>> customers can see in. If that doesn't stop the cooks from
>>> ****ing with the food, then nothing will.
>>>
>>> You could also put up web cams and offer in-house surveillance of
>>> the kitchen from the customers table for anyone with a laptop.
>>> Or just have a monitor on each table.
>>>
>>> Or they could offer fecal, saliva, and human DNA test strips for
>>> your food. They would come rolled up in your hermetically-sealed
>>> napkin along with the autoclaved silverware.
>>>
>>> Or... Or...
>>>
>>> -sw

>> Don't you think this happens with any regularity? If you don't,
>> then you haven't heard (or overheard) teenage boys or young men
>> bragging about it. Janet
>>

> and teenage boys and young men would never lie about such a thing.
> make sure to ask them about their sex lives, too.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Now how do you suppose this happened?
http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/02/29....ap/index.html
Flks with a mind-set to spit in the mashed potatoes go on to bigger things.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cyberporn" wrote:
> "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote
>
> > Frankly, I'm spoiled. I have what I consider a dream job with a lot of
> > independence, no one ever asking me what I did for the day, no one telling
> > me what to do, and no really set hours. � [...]
> > If I want to take a nap, I just shut the light. �If I want to stretch, I
> > take a walk either inside or outside the building.

> It's glorious, isn't it? Particularly if you spent some years, as I did,
> working for others in a more structured environment.

Especially now that you're working as a telephone sex porno queen;
dial CYBERPORN-O-SLUT... $3.99 a minute.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote :>
>> It's glorious, isn't it? Particularly if you spent some years, as I did,

> working for others in a more structured environment.

>Especially now that you're working as a telephone sex >porno queen;
>dial CYBERPORN-O-SLUT... $3.99 a minute.

No, Sheldon, you warty old freak, you may not have my telephone number.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote
>> Frankly, I'm spoiled. I have what I consider a dream job with a lot of
>> independence, no one ever asking me what I did for the day, no one
>> telling me what to do, and no really set hours. [...]
>> If I want to take a nap, I just shut the light. If I want to stretch, I
>> take a walk either inside or outside the building.

> It's glorious, isn't it? Particularly if you spent some years, as I did,
> working for others in a more structured environment.

Certainly is. My first job was in a large company. Accounting took break
from 10:00 to 10:10. Sales and engineering from 10:10 to 10:20, etc. Same
with lunch. Shop stopped totally at the whistle. I cannot imagine having
to stay at the same work station the entire day, never seeing daylight,
putting knobs on toasters. Thankfully, some people like doing that sort of
structured job.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 17:15:55 GMT, Janet Baraclough
> wrote:

>The message >
>from blake murphy > contains these words:
>

>> why not just film everybody all the time?

> Nice shirt you're wearing today.
>
> Janet

the nipple cut-outs *are* striking, aren't they?

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 10:39:01 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 15:09:10 GMT, Janet Baraclough wrote:
>
>> The message >
>> from "jmcquown" > contains these words:
>>
>>> I was in Walgreen's the other day dropping off a prescription for my mom.
>>> The security cameras in the ceiling have signs on them: "security camera".
>>> LOL

>> No different from those big red boxes some people nail to their
>> houses, marked ALARM. It's a warning, a deterrent to casual
>> opportunists, and possibly, a big lie to distract thieves attention from
>> where the real security devices are concealed.

>We don't have big red boxes. We use small stickers on the
>windows.
>
>-sw

obviously to deter tasteful criminals.

your pal,