Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Most Popular Beverage

Which is the world's most popular beverage?

1. Wine

2. Beer

3. Cola

4. Coffee

5. Milk

6. OJ

Scroll down for the correct answer...

Tea

SHELDON

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
> Which is the world's most popular beverage?
>
> 1. Wine
>
> 2. Beer
>
> 3. Cola
>
> 4. Coffee
>
> 5. Milk
>
> 6. OJ
>
> Scroll down for the correct answer...

> Tea
>

> SHELDON

No Diet Mountain Dew?!!? The travesty of it all!
-ginny
(adjusting the IV)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> Which is the world's most popular beverage?

It's not water? According to whom?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
>
> > Which is the world's most popular beverage?

> It's not water? �According to whom?

Culinarilly, water in of itself is not considered a beverage, a
beverage is water plus some other ingredient that also contains some
nutritional value... water by itself contains no nutritive value. A
beverage is considered a food, water is no more a food than air. To
be considered a food a substance must possess caloric content.

To be perfectly honest tea and coffee are not true beverages unless
they contain some nutritive addition, ie. sugar, milk, scotch...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 17:46:54 -0800 (PST), Sheldon wrote:

> Which is the world's most popular beverage?
>
> 1. Wine
>
> 2. Beer
>
> 3. Cola
>
> 4. Coffee
>
> 5. Milk
>
> 6. OJ
>
> Scroll down for the correct answer...
>
> Tea

According to most studies, it's beer and coffee. The tea answer
was dreamed up by some lone woman with a calculator while doing
no comparisons to any other beverage.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
> Which is the world's most popular beverage?
> Tea

I knew that (thanks NPR!)
Think of the populations of China and India - all those tea drinkers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> Mark Thorson wrote:
>> Sheldon wrote:
>>
>>> Which is the world's most popular beverage?

>> It's not water? �According to whom?

> Culinarilly, water in of itself is not considered a beverage, a
> beverage is water plus some other ingredient that also contains some
> nutritional value... water by itself contains no nutritive value. A
> beverage is considered a food, water is no more a food than air. To
> be considered a food a substance must possess caloric content.
>
> To be perfectly honest tea and coffee are not true beverages unless
> they contain some nutritive addition, ie. sugar, milk, scotch...

Are you sure that milk is a nutritive additions? I've always thought of
it as a flavouring for tea.

--
John Kane, Kingston ON Canada
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 26, 9:39Â*am, John Kane > wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
> > Mark Thorson wrote:

> >> It's not water? �According to whom?

> > Culinarilly, water in of itself is not considered a beverage, a
> > beverage is water plus some other ingredient that also contains some
> > nutritional value... water by itself contains no nutritive value. Â*A
> > beverage is considered a food, water is no more a food than air. Â*To
> > be considered a food a substance must possess caloric content.

> > To be perfectly honest tea and coffee are not true beverages unless
> > they contain some nutritive addition, ie. sugar, milk, scotch...

> Are you sure that milk is a nutritive additions?

Puh-leeze... you should be banned from all food groups, what a moroon!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"deja.blues" > wrote in message

> "Sheldon" > wrote in message
>> Which is the world's most popular beverage?
>> Tea
>>

> I knew that (thanks NPR!)
> Think of the populations of China and India - all those tea drinkers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 17:46:54 -0800 (PST), Sheldon > wrote:

>Which is the world's most popular beverage?
>
>1. Wine
>
>2. Beer
>
>3. Cola
>
>4. Coffee
>
>5. Milk
>
>6. OJ
>
>Scroll down for the correct answer...

>Tea
>

>SHELDON

No surprise, 4/5 of the worlds population is Chinese.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> Which is the world's most popular beverage?
>
> 1. Wine
>
> 2. Beer
>
> 3. Cola
>
> 4. Coffee
>
> 5. Milk
>
> 6. OJ
>
> Scroll down for the correct answer...
>
> Tea
>
> SHELDON

That list is a bit distorted. If you are going to include beverage
groups such as "tea", "wine", "milk", "coffee" and "beer", you can't
really include specific beverages such as "Cola" (try soda / soft
drinks), or "OJ" (try juice).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Sheldon > said:

> Which is the world's most popular beverage?
>
> 1. Wine
>
> 2. Beer
>
> 3. Cola
>
> 4. Coffee
>
> 5. Milk
>
> 6. OJ

<snip>

> Tea

I believe that. After all, some folks even named a meal after it. ;-)

Me, I'd rather drink water than any of the above...

--
Jani in WA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Which is the world's most popular beverage?
>
>1. Wine
>
>2. Beer
>
>3. Cola
>
>4. Coffee