FoodBanter.com

-   -   Good local olive oil in southern Cal? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/149630-good-local-olive-oil.html)

Christine Dabney 23-02-2008 05:45 AM

Good local olive oil in southern Cal?

Heya you southern Cal denizens...

Is there any good local (from southern California) olive oil in that
area? I know in northern Cal, I can buy Bariani olive oil at some of
the farmers markets, and it is very good olive oil, in my opinion.

I have one bottle of the Kirkland Tuscan olive oil I am bringing with
me. However I am debating bringing another bottle of olive oil I
already have in my pantry here, or wait and try to find some local
olive oil. If I were going to northern Cal, I would wait and get some
Bariani olive oil.

So, what's in the southland?

Christine

Nexis 24-02-2008 10:05 AM

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> Heya you southern Cal denizens...
>
> Is there any good local (from southern California) olive oil in that
> area? I know in northern Cal, I can buy Bariani olive oil at some of
> the farmers markets, and it is very good olive oil, in my opinion.
>
> I have one bottle of the Kirkland Tuscan olive oil I am bringing with
> me. However I am debating bringing another bottle of olive oil I
> already have in my pantry here, or wait and try to find some local
> olive oil. If I were going to northern Cal, I would wait and get some
> Bariani olive oil.
>
> So, what's in the southland?
>
> Christine

There's a family that sells it at the farmer's market in Hillcrest, but I don't know
the name of it. I do know they make a wonderful variety of flavored oils also.
Toasted onion is a favorite of mine.

kimberly