Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Food TV - The Ultimate Recipe

I only caught a few minutes but it looked like a cross between Iron Chef
and well....I dunno. It didn't look good at all to me. The recipes
weren't bad from what I remember. I was switching back and forth with AI.

Is Marc Summers taking over Food TV? He is everywhere now.

Anybody catch it?

-Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tracy" > wrote in message ...
>I only caught a few minutes but it looked like a cross between Iron Chef
>and well....I dunno. It didn't look good at all to me. The recipes
>weren't bad from what I remember. I was switching back and forth with AI.
>
> Is Marc Summers taking over Food TV? He is everywhere now.
>
> Anybody catch it?
>
> -Tracy

The general consensus in our house was it really sucked. The format doesn't
translate well from Iron Chef and makes it come off contrived and trite.

I think we are getting tired of the whole Iron Chef extravaganza as well.

Jon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tracy" > wrote in message ...
>I only caught a few minutes but it looked like a cross between Iron Chef
>and well....I dunno. It didn't look good at all to me. The recipes
>weren't bad from what I remember. I was switching back and forth with AI.
>
> Is Marc Summers taking over Food TV? He is everywhere now.
>
> Anybody catch it?

I've noticed and he's not exactly my favorite person.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 21, 10:04*am, "Zeppo" > wrote:
> "Tracy" > wrote in ...
> >I only caught a few minutes but it looked like a cross between Iron Chef
> >and well....I dunno. *It didn't look good at all to me. *The recipes
> >weren't bad from what I remember. *I was switching back and forth with AI.

> > Is Marc Summers taking over Food TV? *He is everywhere now.

> > Anybody catch it?

> > -Tracy

> The general consensus in our house was it really sucked. The format doesn't
> translate well from Iron Chef and makes it come off contrived and trite.
>
> I think we are getting tired of the whole Iron Chef extravaganza as well.
>
> Jon

It's more like a mini-Challenge, than a micro Iron Chef ... they
didn't ever say how the contestants were chosen, did they? I thought
it was pretty much a waste of air time, although better than Robin
Miller or Sandra Lee.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Tracy" > wrote in message ...
>> I only caught a few minutes but it looked like a cross between Iron Chef
>> and well....I dunno. It didn't look good at all to me. The recipes
>> weren't bad from what I remember. I was switching back and forth with AI.
>>
>> Is Marc Summers taking over Food TV? He is everywhere now.
>>
>> Anybody catch it?

> I've noticed and he's not exactly my favorite person.

I can't *stand* his saccharine voice and anemic personalty and manner.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:45:26 -0500, Tracy > wrote:

>I only caught a few minutes but it looked like a cross between Iron Chef
>and well....I dunno. It didn't look good at all to me. The recipes
>weren't bad from what I remember. I was switching back and forth with AI.
>
>Is Marc Summers taking over Food TV? He is everywhere now.
>
>Anybody catch it?

No... what's he doing on FTV? He doesn't cook (commercially) as far
as I know.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:45:26 -0500, Tracy > wrote:
>
>> I only caught a few minutes but it looked like a cross between Iron Chef
>> and well....I dunno. It didn't look good at all to me. The recipes
>> weren't bad from what I remember. I was switching back and forth with AI.
>>
>> Is Marc Summers taking over Food TV? He is everywhere now.
>>
>> Anybody catch it?
>>

> No... what's he doing on FTV? He doesn't cook (commercially) as far
> as I know.

I guess he produces a lot of shows on FTV now...plus he is the host of
Unwrapped.
He is really plasticky - if that's a word.

-Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, sf wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:45:26 -0500, Tracy > wrote:
>
> >I only caught a few minutes but it looked like a cross between Iron Chef
> >and well....I dunno. It didn't look good at all to me. The recipes
> >weren't bad from what I remember. I was switching back and forth with AI.
> >
> >Is Marc Summers taking over Food TV? He is everywhere now.
> >
> >Anybody catch it?
> >

> No... what's he doing on FTV? He doesn't cook (commercially) as far
> as I know.

Did you have some weird idea that the actors on Food Network know
anything about food or cooking? It's all about the money. If an actor
doesn't sell the product (advertising) then their show won't last.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:50:16 -0500, Tracy > wrote:

>sf wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:45:26 -0500, Tracy > wrote:
>>
>>> I only caught a few minutes but it looked like a cross between Iron Chef
>>> and well....I dunno. It didn't look good at all to me. The recipes
>>> weren't bad from what I remember. I was switching back and forth with AI.
>>>
>>> Is Marc Summers taking over Food TV? He is everywhere now.
>>>
>>> Anybody catch it?
>>>

>> No... what's he doing on FTV? He doesn't cook (commercially) as far
>> as I know.
>>

>I guess he produces a lot of shows on FTV now...plus he is the host of
>Unwrapped.

I've never seen Unwrapped, but it's really scary to hear he's a
"presence" on FTV because I think of him as more of the game show
type. No wonder FoodTV doesn't interest me anymore.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 22, 9:14*am, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:50:16 -0500, Tracy > wrote:
>
> >sf wrote:

> >> No... what's he doing on FTV? *He doesn't cook (commercially) as far
> >> as I know.

> >I guess he produces a lot of shows on FTV now...plus he is the host of
> >Unwrapped.

> I've never seen Unwrapped, but it's really scary to hear he's a
> "presence" on FTV because I think of him as more of the game show
> type. *No wonder FoodTV doesn't interest me anymore.
>
> --
> See return address to reply by email
> remove the smile first- Hide quoted text -

He's mostly a producer, at least that's what the credits say. And his
"plasticky" appearance is because they cake on the makeup with a
trowel.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:39:13 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> wrote:

>He's mostly a producer, at least that's what the credits say. And his
>"plasticky" appearance is because they cake on the makeup with a
>trowel.

"Producer" is the scary word, not his perceived appearance. At least
he slaps on makeup and isn't going for the old Hollywood nip and tuck.