Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Couples Wed at White Castle Burger Joint

I guess some folks *really* love those little sliders!

http://www.beaufortgazette.com/weird...ry/192603.html

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown said...

> I guess some folks *really* love those little sliders!
>
> http://www.beaufortgazette.com/weird...ry/192603.html
>
> Jill

Good grief!

I've had the boxed, frozen WC cheeseburgers not the fresh kind. Not sure what
I'm missing.

Getting married at WC just seems like a new low in holy matrimony.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> jmcquown said...
>
>> I guess some folks *really* love those little sliders!
>>
>> http://www.beaufortgazette.com/weird...ry/192603.html
>>

> Good grief!
>
> I've had the boxed, frozen WC cheeseburgers not the fresh kind. Not sure
> what
> I'm missing.
>
> Getting married at WC just seems like a new low in holy matrimony.
>
> Andy

In the south the closest kin are burgers from Krystal. I don't see the
appeal, either. They are tiny; I don't eat a lot but it would take about 4
of them to equate to the size of, say, a single regular burger from McD's.
I'm not sure about WC but at Krystal the tiny square buns are steamed (as is
the minced onion on the burger). Just doesn't appeal to me.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown said...

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>> jmcquown said...
>>
>>> I guess some folks *really* love those little sliders!
>>>
>>> http://www.beaufortgazette.com/weird...ry/192603.html
>>>

>> Good grief!
>>
>> I've had the boxed, frozen WC cheeseburgers not the fresh kind. Not
>> sure what
>> I'm missing.
>>
>> Getting married at WC just seems like a new low in holy matrimony.
>>
>> Andy

> In the south the closest kin are burgers from Krystal. I don't see the
> appeal, either. They are tiny; I don't eat a lot but it would take
> about 4 of them to equate to the size of, say, a single regular burger
> from McD's. I'm not sure about WC but at Krystal the tiny square buns
> are steamed (as is the minced onion on the burger). Just doesn't appeal
> to me.
>
> Jill

Jill,

Food World Record:
Hamburgers: Krystals
103 Krystal Burgers
8 minutes/October 28, 2007
Joey Chestnut

That almost seems like more elbow work than chewing. ICK!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote in message
> jmcquown wrote:
>> "Andy" <q> wrote in message
>>> jmcquown said...

>>> Good grief!
>>>
>>> I've had the boxed, frozen WC cheeseburgers not the fresh kind. Not
>>> sure what
>>> I'm missing.
>>>
>>> Getting married at WC just seems like a new low in holy matrimony.
>>>
>>> Andy

>> In the south the closest kin are burgers from Krystal. I don't see
>> the appeal, either. They are tiny; I don't eat a lot but it would
>> take about 4 of them to equate to the size of, say, a single regular
>> burger from McD's. I'm not sure about WC but at Krystal the tiny
>> square buns are steamed (as is the minced onion on the burger). Just
>> doesn't appeal to me.
>> Jill

> I've seen the ads for Krystal on TV, but they don't hold any appeal for
> me, either. If I splurge and have a burger, I want it homemade,
> hand-shaped and grilled over lump or oak - if we have it. What's with
> this steamed crap? Steamed onions, too? I don't think so. If I want
> onions, I'll caramelize then in butter, thanks. Oh, and while I'm at it,
> I'll throw some bacon in a skillet and later saute' some mushrooms in the
> bacon grease. Okay, okay, now I need the swiss cheese, the beefsteak
> tomato wedge and a crisp leaf of lettuce. Hold the mayo, but bring on the
> ketchup. (Stan would be so proud. LOL.)
>
> kili

Not to mention it's impossible to cook a burger that's not much bigger than
a half dollar coin and as thin as a cheap mouse-pad *rare* or even medium
rare (Now I've got a craving for a nice juicy mushroom-swiss burger,
thanks a lot!)

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini said...

> jmcquown wrote:
>> "Andy" <q> wrote in message
>>> jmcquown said...

>>> Good grief!
>>>
>>> I've had the boxed, frozen WC cheeseburgers not the fresh kind. Not
>>> sure what
>>> I'm missing.
>>>
>>> Getting married at WC just seems like a new low in holy matrimony.
>>>
>>> Andy

>> In the south the closest kin are burgers from Krystal. I don't see
>> the appeal, either. They are tiny; I don't eat a lot but it would
>> take about 4 of them to equate to the size of, say, a single regular
>> burger from McD's. I'm not sure about WC but at Krystal the tiny
>> square buns are steamed (as is the minced onion on the burger). Just
>> doesn't appeal to me.
>> Jill

> I've seen the ads for Krystal on TV, but they don't hold any appeal for
> me, either. If I splurge and have a burger, I want it homemade,
> hand-shaped and grilled over lump or oak - if we have it. What's with
> this steamed crap? Steamed onions, too? I don't think so. If I want
> onions, I'll caramelize then in butter, thanks. Oh, and while I'm at
> it, I'll throw some bacon in a skillet and later saute' some mushrooms
> in the bacon grease. Okay, okay, now I need the swiss cheese, the
> beefsteak tomato wedge and a crisp leaf of lettuce. Hold the mayo, but
> bring on the ketchup. (Stan would be so proud. LOL.)
>
> kili

I manned the burger machine at Burger King during summer once. The burgers
were stored in a steam cabinet to keep warm, soaking the buns in grease.
I'd stack 'em six high or something. The bottom burgers would sit in there
all day sometimes, flat as pancakes (almost. Then they were fetched,
dressed and nuked to "have it your way."

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>> jmcquown said...
>>
>>> I guess some folks *really* love those little sliders!
>>>
>>> http://www.beaufortgazette.com/weird...ry/192603.html
>>>

>> Good grief!
>>
>> I've had the boxed, frozen WC cheeseburgers not the fresh kind. Not sure
>> what
>> I'm missing.
>>
>> Getting married at WC just seems like a new low in holy matrimony.

> In the south the closest kin are burgers from Krystal. I don't see the
> appeal, either. They are tiny; I don't eat a lot but it would take about
> 4 of them to equate to the size of, say, a single regular burger from
> McD's. I'm not sure about WC but at Krystal the tiny square buns are
> steamed (as is the minced onion on the burger). Just doesn't appeal to
> me.

Funny, we were just talking about White Castle burgers yesterday
(there was a question on a game show) ... they have some kind of
cult following, people have them mailed to wherever they've moved.
I went to one once when they opened near me, just to see what
the deal was. Different.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...

> I manned the burger machine at Burger King during summer once. The burgers
> were stored in a steam cabinet to keep warm, soaking the buns in grease.
> I'd stack 'em six high or something. The bottom burgers would sit in there
> all day sometimes, flat as pancakes (almost. Then they were fetched,
> dressed and nuked to "have it your way."

That wasn't the way that you were trained, was it? Corporate policy be
damned. Andy will do it his way.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" said...

> Andy <q> dropped this : in
> rec.food.cooking
>
>> I manned the burger machine at Burger King during summer once. The
>> burgers were stored in a steam cabinet to keep warm, soaking the buns
>> in grease. I'd stack 'em six high or something. The bottom burgers
>> would sit in there all day sometimes, flat as pancakes (almost. Then
>> they were fetched, dressed and nuked to "have it your way."

> Bleh... that sounds sooooo revolting!
>
> Michael

LOL!!!

No kidding!

For my "free" lunch, I'd run my double-burger patties twice through the
machine. Nice and greaseless and a crisp fresh bun, standing tall. No
toppings. I was anti-most foods at that age.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jill M said...

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>>
>> I manned the burger machine at Burger King during summer once. The

burgers
>> were stored in a steam cabinet to keep warm, soaking the buns in grease.
>> I'd stack 'em six high or something. The bottom burgers would sit in

there
>> all day sometimes, flat as pancakes (almost. Then they were fetched,
>> dressed and nuked to "have it your way."
>>

> That wasn't the way that you were trained, was it? Corporate policy be
> damned. Andy will do it his way.

Jill,

That was "by the book" training. As God is my witness!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote

> Jill M said...
>

>> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>>>
>>> I manned the burger machine at Burger King during summer once. The

> burgers
>>> were stored in a steam cabinet to keep warm, soaking the buns in grease.
>>> I'd stack 'em six high or something. The bottom burgers would sit in

> there
>>> all day sometimes, flat as pancakes (almost. Then they were fetched,
>>> dressed and nuked to "have it your way."
>>>

>> That wasn't the way that you were trained, was it? Corporate policy be
>> damned. Andy will do it his way.

> Jill,
>
> That was "by the book" training. As God is my witness!

Andy, that's not Jill.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young said...

> "Andy" <q> wrote
>
>> Jill M said...

>> burgers

grease.

>> there
>>>>

>>> That wasn't the way that you were trained, was it? Corporate policy be
>>> damned. Andy will do it his way.

>> Jill,
>>
>> That was "by the book" training. As God is my witness!

> Andy, that's not Jill.
>
> nancy

nancy,

Laughs! I would've figured that out eventually. Maybe. <grin>

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Andy" <q> wrote
>
>> Jill M said...

>> burgers

>> there
>>>>

>>> That wasn't the way that you were trained, was it? Corporate policy be
>>> damned. Andy will do it his way.

>> Jill,
>>
>> That was "by the book" training. As God is my witness!

> Andy, that's not Jill.
>
> nancy

Nope, it's not me. I don't hide behind fake email addresses.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Jill M said...
>

>> "Andy" <q> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I manned the burger machine at Burger King during summer once. The
>>> burgers were stored in a steam cabinet to keep warm, soaking the
>>> buns in grease. I'd stack 'em six high or something. The bottom
>>> burgers would sit in there all day sometimes, flat as pancakes
>>> (almost. Then they were fetched, dressed and nuked to "have it
>>> your way."
>>>

>> That wasn't the way that you were trained, was it? Corporate policy
>> be damned. Andy will do it his way.

> Jill,
>
> That was "by the book" training. As God is my witness!

Andy that was not our Jill!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 09:06:27 -0500, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>Funny, we were just talking about White Castle burgers yesterday
>(there was a question on a game show) ... they have some kind of
>cult following, people have them mailed to wherever they've moved.
>I went to one once when they opened near me, just to see what
>the deal was. Different.

Back in the days before we learned drinking and driving was dangerous,
slyders were a 3am ritual in my group after a night in the bars. Now
I have them about once a year, usually when I'm hungover. Louise has
a clone recipe for them that tastes almost identical, but it's more
like a sloppy joe. She brought them to parties when drinking was
involved before we got together. They were always requested. Now
that I'm around my Italian beef is requested. We went to a gathering
a few weeks ago and knowing we weren't bringing the clone burgers the
host made them. I actually felt a bit sad for her attempt because my
beef was scarfed and nobody ate her clone burgers.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 06:53:56 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:

>jmcquown said...
>
>> I guess some folks *really* love those little sliders!
>>
>> http://www.beaufortgazette.com/weird...ry/192603.html
>>
>> Jill

>Good grief!
>
>I've had the boxed, frozen WC cheeseburgers not the fresh kind. Not sure what
>I'm missing.
>
>Getting married at WC just seems like a new low in holy matrimony.

1. Must not have been a first time marriage for either
2. Maybe they'll baptize their first born at Krispy Kreme.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

said...

> On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 06:53:56 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>>jmcquown said...
>>
>>> I guess some folks *really* love those little sliders!
>>>
>>> http://www.beaufortgazette.com/weird...ry/192603.html
>>>
>>> Jill

>>Good grief!
>>
>>I've had the boxed, frozen WC cheeseburgers not the fresh kind. Not sure
>>what I'm missing.
>>
>>Getting married at WC just seems like a new low in holy matrimony.
>>

> 1. Must not have been a first time marriage for either
> 2. Maybe they'll baptize their first born at Krispy Kreme.

From bad to worse?

Andy
<shuddering>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message
> > jmcquown said...
> >
> > > I guess some folks really love those little sliders!
> > >
> > > http://www.beaufortgazette.com/weird...ry/192603.html
> > >

> > Good grief!
> >
> > I've had the boxed, frozen WC cheeseburgers not the fresh kind. Not
> > sure what I'm missing.

> In the south the closest kin are burgers from Krystal.

No comparison. Maybe better than frozen Whiteys.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
> >"Andy" <q> wrote in message
> > > jmcquown said...

> > > Good grief!
> > >
> > > I've had the boxed, frozen WC cheeseburgers not the fresh kind.
> > > Not sure what
> > > I'm missing.
> > >
> > > Getting married at WC just seems like a new low in holy matrimony.
> > >
> > > Andy

> > In the south the closest kin are burgers from Krystal. I don't see
> > the appeal, either. They are tiny; I don't eat a lot but it would
> > take about 4 of them to equate to the size of, say, a single regular
> > burger from McD's. I'm not sure about WC but at Krystal the tiny
> > square buns are steamed (as is the minced onion on the burger).
> > Just doesn't appeal to me.
> > Jill

> I've seen the ads for Krystal on TV, but they don't hold any appeal
> for me, either. If I splurge and have a burger, I want it homemade,
> hand-shaped and grilled over lump or oak - if we have it.

We're not talking about hamburgers, we're talking about White Castles.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" wrote:
> Andy <q> dropped this : in
> rec.food.cooking
>
>> I manned the burger machine at Burger King during summer once. The
>> burgers were stored in a steam cabinet to keep warm, soaking the buns
>> in grease. I'd stack 'em six high or something. The bottom burgers
>> would sit in there all day sometimes, flat as pancakes (almost. Then
>> they were fetched, dressed and nuked to "have it your way."

> Bleh... that sounds sooooo revolting!
>
> Michael

That's not quite how I recall it when I had my first job at BK. I was
just 14. I recall the only ones that were sometimes made in advance were
the hamburgers, not the Whoppers or Junior Whoppers. They could take
those hamburgers and slap a piece of cheese on 'em and nuke a second to
make into a cheeseburger.