Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default French-language recipe archives?

I'm looking for some French-language recipes, but I don't really know
who the French equivalents of people like Epicurious, Food Network, and
the like are. Anyone here know who the more reliable francophone recipe
websites are?

/Brian
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 02:40:24 GMT, Brian Connors wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for some French-language recipes, but I don't really know
> > who the French equivalents of people like Epicurious, Food Network, and
> > the like are. Anyone here know who the more reliable francophone recipe
> > websites are?

> You can get a general listing of sites written in French
> (language option), and hosted in France (region option) from
> Google using Advanced Search.
>
> It should prioritize them according to popularity if you just
> search for "recipes". If you search for "recipes" on American
> Google, some of the first 5 a foodnetwork, allrecipes,
> epicurious, and recipesource - all pretty good sites.

I do know that much. What I'm wondering is what websites a francophone
might recommend -- I can find websites easily enough, but I don't know
what's good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brian Connors > wrote in
:

> I'm looking for some French-language recipes, but I don't
> really know who the French equivalents of people like
> Epicurious, Food Network, and the like are. Anyone here know
> who the more reliable francophone recipe websites are?
>
> /Brian

Maybe ask at a French group like alt.fr.informations or
fr.rec.cuisine?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article s.com>,
sandi > wrote:

> Brian Connors > wrote in
> :
>
> > I'm looking for some French-language recipes, but I don't
> > really know who the French equivalents of people like
> > Epicurious, Food Network, and the like are. Anyone here know
> > who the more reliable francophone recipe websites are?
> >
> > /Brian

> Maybe ask at a French group like alt.fr.informations or
> fr.rec.cuisine?

Thought of it, but I'm better at reading French than I am writing it. I
agree it's worth a try though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Thanks ( French-language recipe archives?)

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> Like I said, it ranks them according to popularity. I'm sorry if
> you didn't appreciate my suggestion. Would you like a refund
> form?

I'm sorry -- didn't mean to seem hostile. I did try it, and, well, I
didn't know the French ate cornbread -- going to give it a try sometime
against my usual Cooks Illustrated recipe.

I guess what I was getting at is that popularity isn't quite what I was
looking for, more which sites have the better recipes. Like Rachael vs.
Alton -- the former is far more popular, but the latter is much more
reliable. It'll be a nice trick finding the type 55 flour for the
baguette recipe I found though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://tinyurl.com/39vd8r

Above is a link to a Google Search for "recettes cuisine" for pages in
French only

Have a look at some of the results and see if any of them take your fancy

Steve

Brian Connors wrote:
> I'm looking for some French-language recipes, but I don't really know
> who the French equivalents of people like Epicurious, Food Network, and
> the like are. Anyone here know who the more reliable francophone recipe
> websites are?
>
> /Brian

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>I'm looking for some French-language recipes, but I don't really know
>who the French equivalents of people like Epicurious, Food Network, and
>the like are. Anyone here know who the more reliable francophone recipe
>websites are?

http://www.marmiton.org (my favorite)
http://www.koocook.com
http://www.cuisineaz.com/
http://cookoo.ch/miam/index.php (another fave)

Nathalie in Switzerland
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brian Connors > wrote:

> I'm looking for some French-language recipes, but I don't really know
> who the French equivalents of people like Epicurious, Food Network, and
> the like are. Anyone here know who the more reliable francophone recipe
> websites are?

These sites offer a selection of particularly good recipes:
<http://www.chefsimon.com>
<http://www.meilleurduchef.com>
<http://www.theworldwidegourmet.com/relais/menu.htm>
<http://cuisinez.free.fr/recettes.php3>
<http://www.goosto.fr/recette-de-cuisine/>

These ones offer a whole lot of recipes, many of which are good:
<http://www.marmiton.org/>
<http://www.saveurs.sympatico.ca/>
<http://www.cuisineaz.com>

Victor
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brian Connors wrote:

> In article >,
> Sqwertz > wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 02:40:24 GMT, Brian Connors wrote:
> >
> > > I'm looking for some French-language recipes, but I don't really know
> > > who the French equivalents of people like Epicurious, Food Network, and
> > > the like are. Anyone here know who the more reliable francophone recipe
> > > websites are?

> I do know that much. What I'm wondering is what websites a francophone
> might recommend -- I can find websites easily enough, but I don't know
> what's good.

If you do your searches in French, you will find good Websites. It's up
to you to decide what's 'good' or not.

To get you started here are some of my favourites:

http://www.meilleurduchef.com/cgi/mdc/l/fr/index.html
http://www.saosnois.com/recettes.html
http://www.cuisineAZ.com/