Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default site for root beer recipes

Hey guys,

I just found a site called http://www.rootbeerbrewer.com, where you
can get recipes for creating home brew root beer from scratch, and
eventually other soft drinks eventually. Looks pretty cool. Thought
you guys might like it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

That is, of course, absurd! Either way it's a cool site.

PS. I didn't intend this to be spam. I only have a mailinator
address so I don't get flooded. When did google turn off the ability
to post to newsgroups without an email address?

On Feb 10, 10:27 pm, "Dan Goodman" > wrote:
> wrote:
> > Hey guys,

> > I just found a site called

> No. You're almost certainly advertising your own site.
>
> --
> Dan Goodman
> "I have always depended on the kindness of stranglers."
> Tennessee Williams, A Streetcar Named Expire
> Journalhttp://dsgood.livejournal.com
> Futureshttp://dangoodman.livejournal.com
> mirror 1: http://dsgood.insanejournal.com
> mirror 2:http://dsgood.wordpress.com
> Linkshttp://del.icio.us/dsgood

Posted to rec.food.cooking
tom tom is offline

> wrote in message
> That is, of course, absurd! Either way it's a cool site.
>
> PS. I didn't intend this to be spam. I only have a mailinator
> address so I don't get flooded. When did google turn off the ability
> to post to newsgroups without an email address?
>
> On Feb 10, 10:27 pm, "Dan Goodman" > wrote:
> > wrote:
> > > Hey guys,

> > > I just found a site called

> > No. You're almost certainly advertising your own site.
> >
> > --

I saw nothing wrong with you posting a link to this food oriented site. I
don't like spam any more than the next guy but some people can't see the
forest for the trees.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Alright, that's cool, my bad. So, would it not have been spam if I
had said it was my site? What would have been the appropriate would
to introduce my site to this forum?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wjmuuynz wrote:

> Alright, that's cool, my bad. �

> What would have been the appropriate would to introduce
> my site to this forum?

Well, for starters your site could have some better graphics, some
rootie tootie buxom beer girls... with the slogan they promise foamy
head!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

You guys have made some good points. Sorry about that. I think
having my site associated with spam probably hurts my image more than
it helps by the few people it might get to go there. In retrospect
this was bad idea. I'll just have to rely on people to promote my
site for me as they find it and discover good content and link it to
their sites, and do my part by adding good content and making it a
good website.

Apologies to all. Enjoy your cooking!

ROOT BEER FLOAT CAKE YUM ROSE erie2 General Cooking 0 04-07-2009 07:13 PM
site for root beer brewer [email protected] General 1 06-03-2008 07:27 PM
Root Beer Cake Sharon[_3_] Recipes (moderated) 0 11-05-2007 01:13 PM
making root beer Tater Winemaking 9 15-04-2007 01:17 AM
Root beer making Winemaking 5 19-04-2006 11:10 PM