Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Who's gonna believe this? Costco online service

At 5:34pm Thursday Feb 7, I ordered 3 wastebaskets from Costco online.

I got home this evening about 6 pm. They were sitting on my front doorstep!

Rural living gets no better than this.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 23:48:19 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
wrote:

>At 5:34pm Thursday Feb 7, I ordered 3 wastebaskets from Costco online.
>
>I got home this evening about 6 pm. They were sitting on my front doorstep!
>
>Rural living gets no better than this.
>Dee Dee

What was the price and how much was S&H?

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 23:48:19 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
> wrote:
>

>>At 5:34pm Thursday Feb 7, I ordered 3 wastebaskets from Costco online.
>>
>>I got home this evening about 6 pm. They were sitting on my front
>>doorstep!
>>
>>Rural living gets no better than this.
>>Dee Dee
>>

> What was the price and how much was S&H?

No S&H charged. Tax $.80

3 Rubbermaid Plastic Wastebasket Beige, 7 gal. Item 116820 Standard shipping
(Free) $5.34 each - Total $16.02.
Needed some new ones to replace old ones, but couldn't find them at the
Costco stores anymore. I looked on line - Voila!

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 01:27:02 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
wrote:

><sf> wrote in message ...
>> On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 23:48:19 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>>At 5:34pm Thursday Feb 7, I ordered 3 wastebaskets from Costco online.
>>>
>>>I got home this evening about 6 pm. They were sitting on my front
>>>doorstep!
>>>
>>>Rural living gets no better than this.
>>>Dee Dee
>>>

>> What was the price and how much was S&H?
>>

>No S&H charged. Tax $.80
>
>3 Rubbermaid Plastic Wastebasket Beige, 7 gal. Item 116820 Standard shipping
>(Free) $5.34 each - Total $16.02.
>Needed some new ones to replace old ones, but couldn't find them at the
>Costco stores anymore. I looked on line - Voila!

WOWZA!

I want a new trash can - one of those silver metal thingies that you
step on a petal to lift the lid. The "stepper" gave out on the one I
bought at CostCo after who knows how many years ago - so hubby thinks
it's cheaply made. He's looking at $90 replacements now because he
thinks they will be better made. I have no idea what CostCo is
charging for a new one these days, but it can't be that much. Hubby
doesn't understand how many years that trash can lasted and the *only*
thing that's wrong with it is the petal doesn't work anymore.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>At 5:34pm Thursday Feb 7, I ordered 3 wastebaskets from Costco online.
>
>I got home this evening about 6 pm. They were sitting on my front doorstep!
>
>Rural living gets no better than this.
>Dee Dee

Their online service is fabulous and the online customer service
sublime.

We ordered a large treadmill from them a few years ago. When the box
arrived, by common carrier, it was damaged and we refused delivery. WE
called and they shipped out another one...actually, it was drop
shipped from the manufacturer. The carrier gave us a hard time about
delivery and we called Costo, who arranged to have it delivered at our
convenience AND gave us a $100 refund for the trouble.

Another time we bought an HP printer online and it came with a rebate
(listed in the online Costco order form) from HP that had to be filed
with HP. We filed. HP denied the rebate by mail. We called Costco and
told them and they sent us $50. A month later a $50 check arrived
from HP. We called Costco to arrange a refund to them and they told us
to keep it the HP money and enjoy.

And I am a stockholder and they have done quite well for me.

Boron

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message news
> On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 01:27:02 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
> wrote:
>

>><sf> wrote in message ...

>>> What was the price and how much was S&H?
>>>

>>No S&H charged. Tax $.80
>>
>>3 Rubbermaid Plastic Wastebasket Beige, 7 gal. Item 116820 Standard
>>shipping
>>(Free) $5.34 each - Total $16.02.
>>Needed some new ones to replace old ones, but couldn't find them at the
>>Costco stores anymore. I looked on line - Voila!
>>

> WOWZA!
>
> I want a new trash can - one of those silver metal thingies that you
> step on a petal to lift the lid. The "stepper" gave out on the one I
> bought at CostCo after who knows how many years ago - so hubby thinks
> it's cheaply made. He's looking at $90 replacements now because he
> thinks they will be better made. I have no idea what CostCo is
> charging for a new one these days, but it can't be that much. Hubby
> doesn't understand how many years that trash can lasted and the *only*
> thing that's wrong with it is the petal doesn't work anymore.

DH said he saw stepping trash can in Winchester smaller than 7 gallon, he
thinks. It was stainless steel - but one is probably online at Costco.
They have dozens of them. He seems to recall in the $30 +/- range.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 23:48:19 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
> wrote:
>

>>At 5:34pm Thursday Feb 7, I ordered 3 wastebaskets from Costco online.
>>
>>I got home this evening about 6 pm. They were sitting on my front
>>doorstep!
>>
>>Rural living gets no better than this.
>>Dee Dee
>>

> Their online service is fabulous and the online customer service
> sublime.
>
> We ordered a large treadmill from them a few years ago. When the box
> arrived, by common carrier, it was damaged and we refused delivery. WE
> called and they shipped out another one...actually, it was drop
> shipped from the manufacturer. The carrier gave us a hard time about
> delivery and we called Costo, who arranged to have it delivered at our
> convenience AND gave us a $100 refund for the trouble.
>
> Another time we bought an HP printer online and it came with a rebate
> (listed in the online Costco order form) from HP that had to be filed
> with HP. We filed. HP denied the rebate by mail. We called Costco and
> told them and they sent us $50. A month later a $50 check arrived
> from HP. We called Costco to arrange a refund to them and they told us
> to keep it the HP money and enjoy.
>
> And I am a stockholder and they have done quite well for me.
>
> Boron

THEN, was the time to buy!

We had a contractor through Costco who was not giving us any satisfaction.
We did everything possible to comply. At our wits' end, we told Costco what
we were going thru -- they stepped up to the plate and handled it to our
satisfaction. We didn't even say we were complaining, we just asked them
who to contact and when. There was no messing about once they got wind of
it. The contractor said a check would be in the mail to us the next day.
We waited 3 weeks, no check, and then called Costco; believe me, the check
WAS in the mail the next day.

PS, 14 years ago, we bought Nordic Track skier (you know, the ones that cost
$400 and you can't give away now, along with all the other toys) and the UPS
guy must've thrown it on the porch, it was mangled up, and had been sitting
in the rain (wood!); it was just too much hastle to do anything about it but
complain. If that were Costco, it would've been a different story.

You have MY permission to sign as

Costco Stock Holder,
Boron ;-)))))

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 09:06:06 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
wrote:

>DH said he saw stepping trash can in Winchester smaller than 7 gallon, he
>thinks. It was stainless steel - but one is probably online at Costco.
>They have dozens of them. He seems to recall in the $30 +/- range.

Thanks, I meant to look last night but got side tracked. I think this
one is 13 gallons, it takes the tall kitchen bag. I'm not seeing it
online, but maybe they have it in the store.

Woo Hoo - shipping and handling is included! I think I'll make it a
habit to look at costco online from now on.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 09:06:06 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
> wrote:
>
>>DH said he saw stepping trash can in Winchester smaller than 7 gallon, he
>>thinks. It was stainless steel - but one is probably online at Costco.
>>They have dozens of them. He seems to recall in the $30 +/- range.

> Thanks, I meant to look last night but got side tracked. I think this
> one is 13 gallons, it takes the tall kitchen bag. I'm not seeing it
> online, but maybe they have it in the store.
>
> Woo Hoo - shipping and handling is included! I think I'll make it a
> habit to look at costco online from now on.
>
> --

Yes, it is easy to forget to look online.

But free shipping is not always so :-(((

I have to pay $7.39 +/- shpping on this one --
http://tinyurl.com/yqyqwl

DH saw it in a store (not our local one), but didn't get it. Next time
after we decided we wanted it, he haunted the same stores on his trip to CT,
but to no avail. We decided it was worth it to us for the extra $7.39.

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 12:25:27 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
wrote:

><sf> wrote in message ...
>> On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 09:06:06 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>DH said he saw stepping trash can in Winchester smaller than 7 gallon, he
>>>thinks. It was stainless steel - but one is probably online at Costco.
>>>They have dozens of them. He seems to recall in the $30 +/- range.

>> Thanks, I meant to look last night but got side tracked. I think this
>> one is 13 gallons, it takes the tall kitchen bag. I'm not seeing it
>> online, but maybe they have it in the store.
>>
>> Woo Hoo - shipping and handling is included! I think I'll make it a
>> habit to look at costco online from now on.
>>
>> --

>Yes, it is easy to forget to look online.
>
>But free shipping is not always so :-(((
>
>I have to pay $7.39 +/- shpping on this one --
>http://tinyurl.com/yqyqwl
>
>DH saw it in a store (not our local one), but didn't get it. Next time
>after we decided we wanted it, he haunted the same stores on his trip to CT,
>but to no avail. We decided it was worth it to us for the extra $7.39.

That *is* odd.... you don't pay S&H for something bulky, but you do
for a DVD set? Wow.

Speaking of deals, hubby got a $50 gift certificate from Circuit City
and spent it on Planet Earth... so his total cost for the DVD package
was a whopping $5. Yahoo! I love Planet Earth.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 12:25:27 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
> wrote:
>

>><sf> wrote in message ...

>>> Thanks, I meant to look last night but got side tracked. I think this
>>> one is 13 gallons, it takes the tall kitchen bag. I'm not seeing it
>>> online, but maybe they have it in the store.
>>>
>>> Woo Hoo - shipping and handling is included! I think I'll make it a
>>> habit to look at costco online from now on.
>>>
>>> --

>>Yes, it is easy to forget to look online.
>>
>>But free shipping is not always so :-(((
>>
>>I have to pay $7.39 +/- shpping on this one --
>>http://tinyurl.com/yqyqwl
>>
>>DH saw it in a store (not our local one), but didn't get it. Next time
>>after we decided we wanted it, he haunted the same stores on his trip to
>>CT,
>>but to no avail. We decided it was worth it to us for the extra $7.39.
>>

> That *is* odd.... you don't pay S&H for something bulky, but you do
> for a DVD set? Wow.
>
> Speaking of deals, hubby got a $50 gift certificate from Circuit City
> and spent it on Planet Earth... so his total cost for the DVD package
> was a whopping $5. Yahoo! I love Planet Earth.

I like them, too. I've recorded 10 episodes, but I'm sure the DVD set is
nicer.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 22:58:34 -0800, sf fired up random neurons and
synapses to opine:

>I want a new trash can - one of those silver metal thingies that you
>step on a petal to lift the lid. The "stepper" gave out on the one I
>bought at CostCo after who knows how many years ago - so hubby thinks
>it's cheaply made. He's looking at $90 replacements now because he
>thinks they will be better made. I have no idea what CostCo is
>charging for a new one these days, but it can't be that much. Hubby
>doesn't understand how many years that trash can lasted and the *only*
>thing that's wrong with it is the petal doesn't work anymore.

Looks like they have two. They're similar, but the stainless steel one
is $81.81 and the white one is $43.97, but they're both 3.5 gal. Don't
know what the difference is other than looks, although the stainless
steel one has what looks to be a handle on the back of the lid. Go to
costco.com and look under the "office" category and then under the
sub-category of "Hardware & Janitorial."

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

-- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry wrote on Sat, 09 Feb 2008 12:09:25 -0800:

??>> I want a new trash can - one of those silver metal
??>> thingies that you step on a petal to lift the lid. The
??>> "stepper" gave out on the one I bought at CostCo after who
??>> knows how many years ago - so hubby thinks it's cheaply
??>> made. He's looking at $90 replacements now because
??>> he thinks they will be better made. I have no idea what
??>> CostCo is charging for a new one these days, but it can't
??>> be that much. Hubby doesn't understand how many years
??>> that trash can lasted and the *only* thing that's wrong
??>> with it is the petal doesn't work anymore.

TPB> Looks like they have two. They're similar, but the
TPB> stainless steel one is $81.81 and the white one is $43.97,
TPB> but they're both 3.5 gal. Don't know what the difference
TPB> is other than looks, although the stainless steel one has
TPB> what looks to be a handle on the back of the lid. Go to
TPB> costco.com and look under the "office" category and then
TPB> under the sub-category of "Hardware & Janitorial."

Do these cans use liners? If so, where are they bought? I
don't like washing out trash cans every time I empty them.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 20:13:00 GMT, "James Silverton"
> wrote:

> Do these cans use liners? If so, where are they bought? I
>don't like washing out trash cans every time I empty them.

The one I have now has a removable insert, which I line with a
standard "tall" bag.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote on Sat, 09 Feb 2008 12:35:50 -0800:

??>> Do these cans use liners? If so, where are they bought? I
??>> don't like washing out trash cans every time I empty them.

s> The one I have now has a removable insert, which I line with
s> a standard "tall" bag.

You will see how ignorant I am! I don't know what is a
"standard" tall bag and I will have to look in the supermarket.
My standard bag was the paper grocery bag but, despite all the
noise that Whole Foods is making, most supermarkets provide
unsuitable plastic bags. I am unlikely to remember to bring my
own bag because I usually shop in Whole Foods on impulse.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 22:49:24 GMT, "James Silverton"
> wrote:

>I am unlikely to remember to bring my
>own bag because I usually shop in Whole Foods on impulse.

I keep a couple of reusable bags in the trunk of the car. I got them
at the Dollar Store and they can hold a ton of stuff.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 22:49:24 GMT, "James Silverton"
> > wrote:
>
>>I am unlikely to remember to bring my
>>own bag because I usually shop in Whole Foods on impulse.

> I keep a couple of reusable bags in the trunk of the car. I got them
> at the Dollar Store and they can hold a ton of stuff.

Just more stuff to muddle your mind when you walk out of the house.. I
already have 3 bags that are loaded with stuff to take: 1: things to
exchange; 2. milk jar to pick up milk, 3. papers necessary to my trip 4.
purse loaded with camera, mp3, glasses, billfold, etc.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to throw re-usable bags in the trunk of the car.
But my trunk carries a tire, tools, etc. dirty things.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 08:38:12 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
wrote:

>I guess it wouldn't hurt to throw re-usable bags in the trunk of the car.
>But my trunk carries a tire, tools, etc. dirty things.

You carry more than one spare tire? My spare tire and toolbox are
located underneath the floor of my trunk. I don't know what dirty
things you mean, but I would have plastic bins for them. I also have
a cargo net to stabilize the filled grocery bags, which is very handy
indeed!

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 08:38:12 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
> wrote:
>
>>I guess it wouldn't hurt to throw re-usable bags in the trunk of the car.
>>But my trunk carries a tire, tools, etc. dirty things.

> You carry more than one spare tire? My spare tire and toolbox are
> located underneath the floor of my trunk. I don't know what dirty
> things you mean, but I would have plastic bins for them. I also have
> a cargo net to stabilize the filled grocery bags, which is very handy
> indeed!

We always carry a large cooler with us to put groceries in; it gets filled
fast and takes up a large portion of the Mazda. We have more room when we
go with the Buick, but for shopping forays the Mazda is a little easier on
gas mileage. We do use the Buick once a week, and as in all cars, I would
imagine, the spare tire is underneath. The trunk gets used for larger
purchases generally. DH is not so organized that he puts tools underneath
where the tire is. He's by nature an engineer, likes his tools and is not a
organized type of person to put them out of sight. Think: Sand Pebbles ;-))

The Mazda trunk is used when DH visits his father for wheel chair, walker &
anything else you can imagine that goes along with his situation; I'm not
too interested in putting anything there except a tight cooler. The back
seat is used for shopping items.

At any rate, plastic bags is not something I care to contend with; I have
enough to think about when I leave home.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default re-usable shopping bags

I got one of those nylon shopping bags that have an attached stuff-sack AND
even a clasp, so you can hook on your belt loop. I keep it hanging on my
car's turn signal. 9 times out of 10 I forget to bring it into the store
and usually remember it when I get to the cashier and see them hanging there
for sale. lol