Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default new to the group

I'm a college student! I need cheap, I need healthy! I buy a lot of
the frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breasts... Any new ways to cook
them quick?

I have a sweet orange chicken recipe used with real oranges if there
are any interests... Great with rice cooked in a little chicken broth
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"waterbaby" > wrote:

> I have a sweet orange chicken recipe used with real oranges if there
> are any interests... Great with rice cooked in a little chicken broth

I'm interested!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 6, 11:31*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "waterbaby" > wrote:
> I'm a college student! I need cheap

> I'm interested!

I'm sure, pervy bitch.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

waterbaby > wrote in news:9e9ad02c-1695-434c-bd71-
:

> I'm a college student! I need cheap, I need healthy! I buy a lot of
> the frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breasts... Any new ways to cook
> them quick?
>
> I have a sweet orange chicken recipe used with real oranges if there
> are any interests... Great with rice cooked in a little chicken broth

The trick with chicken breasts is firstoff buy them with the bone
in...they're cheaper that way and it isn't hard to remove the bone and
the skin. But the bone and skin do add quite a bit of flavour...it is
ypur choice.

Next trick is to get them the same thickness overall. I use a rubber
mallet from the hardware store, but a wine bottle will work just as
well.. Put the chicken in a bag or between sheets of plastic and wack
away till the breast are somewhat the same thickness all over.

Once they are the same thickeness overall you'll find that they will cook
quicker and not be so dry

Now lightly season (again your choice) and pan fry for about 3-4 minutes
a side.

If you decide to bread them use panko breading (Asian Market) as it works
the best.

I like to make 1 pot meals using my rice cooker...chuck in 1 cup rice,
1 can of cream of chicken soup plus water to make 2 cups, some veggies
and several boneless skinless chicken thighs... turn on the rice cooker
and supper for 2 in about 17-19 minutes.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 7, 12:27*am, hahabogus > wrote:
> waterbaby > wrote in news:9e9ad02c-1695-434c-bd71-
> :
>
> > I'm a college student! I need cheap, I need healthy! I buy a lot of
> > the frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breasts... Any new ways to cook
> > them quick?

> I like to make 1 pot meals using my rice cooker...chuck in *1 cup rice, *
> 1 can of cream of chicken soup plus water to make 2 cups, some veggies
> and several boneless skinless chicken thighs... turn on the rice cooker
> and supper for 2 in about 17-19 minutes.

Why not just have the fraternity over to barf in the crockpot and
forego all of the prep work?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

projectile vomit chick > wrote in
:

> On Feb 6, 11:31*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>> "waterbaby" > wrote:
>> I'm a college student! I need cheap

>> I'm interested!

> I'm sure, pervy bitch.

Wow!! You must be *realy* constipated!!

May I suggest you get that broomstick out of your ass?

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

You will travel through the valley of rejection;
you will reside in the land of morning mists...and you will find your home,
though it will not be where you left it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

projectile vomit chick > wrote in
:

> On Feb 7, 12:27*am, hahabogus > wrote:
>> waterbaby > wrote in news:9e9ad02c-1695-434c-

bd71-
>> :
>>
>> > I'm a college student! I need cheap, I need healthy! I buy a lot of
>> > the frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breasts... Any new ways to

cook
>> > them quick?

>> I like to make 1 pot meals using my rice cooker...chuck in *1 cup

rice,
> *
>> 1 can of cream of chicken soup plus water to make 2 cups, some

veggies
>> and several boneless skinless chicken thighs... turn on the rice

cooker
>> and supper for 2 in about 17-19 minutes.

> Why not just have the fraternity over to barf in the crockpot and
> forego all of the prep work?

That's 3 posts so far. Are we to assume you are a liar as well?

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

You will travel through the valley of rejection;
you will reside in the land of morning mists...and you will find your
home,
though it will not be where you left it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 7, 12:55*am, PeterLucas > wrote:
> That's 3 posts so far. Are we to assume you are a liar as well?

Glad yer paying attention, champ.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"waterbaby" wrote

> I'm a college student! I need cheap, I need healthy! I buy a lot of
> the frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breasts... Any new ways to cook
> them quick?

Well, to start with that's not a cheap cut of meat or a particularily
flavorful one. I can understand needing 'quick' for a college student
though, or even anyone else. We all need that at times if we work.

One way to fix those though, is to melt about 1TB butter in a pan then turn
the heat off and add the defrosted breast into that. Cover and let sit a
few mins. Can add some chopped onions at this stage if you want. Mix up a
can or some frozen veggies, then turn the heat back on for the chicken about
5 mins before you want to eat. Flip once about 1/2 way through.

Sometimes folks get *too* fancy and you cant tell what the heck the meat
was.

If you want some help on what to get to cut your food bill down but not take
too long to make (10-15 mins average) let me know.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
waterbaby > wrote:

> I'm a college student! I need cheap, I need healthy! I buy a lot of
> the frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breasts... Any new ways to cook
> them quick?

Buy a whole cleaned chicken. Do what you want with the meat and use the
carcass and other stuff that you don't use for the sweet orange chicken
to recoup your cost. The carcass, wing tips and neck make a dandy broth
along with celery, onions and salt, The amount of stock you can make
will make up for the price of the whole chicken if you have bought the
stock separately.

> I have a sweet orange chicken recipe used with real oranges if there
> are any interests... Great with rice cooked in a little chicken broth

That sounds good. You'll save a pile of money in your life if you learn
to use a sharp knife with gusto and a bit of hard earned skill.
Ripping skin off a chicken is easy if you want to do that too.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

projectile vomit chick > wrote in
:

> On Feb 7, 12:55*am, PeterLucas > wrote:
>> That's 3 posts so far. Are we to assume you are a liar as well?

> Glad yer paying attention, champ.

Jeez, stud muffin and champ, all in one day......... pretty soon you'll
want to get engaged and have little PVC's!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

You will travel through the valley of rejection;
you will reside in the land of morning mists...and you will find your home,
though it will not be where you left it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 6, 10:31 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "waterbaby" > wrote:
>
> > I have a sweet orange chicken recipe used with real oranges if there
> > are any interests... Great with rice cooked in a little chicken broth

> I'm interested!

k boneless skinless chicken breasts, a clove of fresh garlic, one
orange, good cooking salt, fresh pepper, and HOISIN sauce it's buy
like the asian sauces at grocery stores.

pound out the chicken to make it flatter

dice up the garlic and put it in a skillet already heated with a
little olive oil... once the garlic starts to brown put the one-sided
salted and peppered chicken in...(salted side down) salt and pepper
the other side.... wait a few minutes and squeeze the orange juice
over the chicken... (cut the orange in half) then pour about half the
jar of hoisin for two servings (more depending on your batch) and let
them cook... try not to let the sauce start bubbling.. give it about
15 minutes or so... flip them accordingly! It's SOOOOO
good............... hope you like it

Alt Group Intend to Take Over This Group Bakerman Baking 4 25-06-2008 03:50 AM
I Am New To This Group [email protected] General Cooking 35 02-12-2006 07:04 PM
TO THE GROUP......... Shiver General Cooking 4 23-09-2006 04:43 PM
New to the group Lew Bryson Beer 2 28-06-2005 06:55 PM
new to the group [email protected] Sourdough 0 21-06-2005 09:10 PM