Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chicken Toes

The cartoonist R.Kliban once said as a caption to a drawing showing this
unnatural act:

Dirty scaly chicken toes
Harry puts them up his nose

Kliban was an absurdist cartoonist that. I think, slightly preceded Gary
Larson. At least I discovered him before Larson.

Well, recently, not being able to understand the woman circulating around
the new-to-me Chinese restaurant with the hot food cart, I found myself
face to face with a bowl of chicken toes. They lookes like skinny chicken
strips. Hah! Just what they wanted me to think!

You will not be surprised that they were all bones, the way your fingers
would be if you chose, in a moment of similar confusion, to gnaw on it.
Imagine my surprise, sitting there with a mouthful of chicken knuckles,
when I didn't know what was coming.

They did not taste bad. This is the kind of situation for which God, late
on the fifth day, created "sauce" and saw it was good.

he texture of the small not-bone portion was odd...or at least unexpected.
It was kind of...uh...well, kind of...okay, puffy. The best I can explain
what I mean is with this pictu there's hardly any (*if* any) *meat* on
chicken feet, and they seem to have found a way to make the skin expand so
that it's more than just the thin membrane one would expect. Kinda like
making cheese puffs from a smaller-than-cheese-puff piece of stuff,
except that they weren't crunchy. So they were both puffy and slimy.
That's quite a combination.

--
Blinky T. "none went up my nose" Shark
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
news

> The cartoonist R.Kliban once said as a caption to a drawing showing this
> unnatural act:
>
> Dirty scaly chicken toes
> Harry puts them up his nose
>
> Kliban was an absurdist cartoonist that. I think, slightly preceded Gary
> Larson. At least I discovered him before Larson.
>
> Well, recently, not being able to understand the woman circulating around
> the new-to-me Chinese restaurant with the hot food cart, I found myself
> face to face with a bowl of chicken toes. They lookes like skinny chicken
> strips. Hah! Just what they wanted me to think!
>
> You will not be surprised that they were all bones, the way your fingers
> would be if you chose, in a moment of similar confusion, to gnaw on it.
> Imagine my surprise, sitting there with a mouthful of chicken knuckles,
> when I didn't know what was coming.
>
> They did not taste bad. This is the kind of situation for which God, late
> on the fifth day, created "sauce" and saw it was good.
>
> he texture of the small not-bone portion was odd...or at least unexpected.
> It was kind of...uh...well, kind of...okay, puffy. The best I can explain
> what I mean is with this pictu there's hardly any (*if* any) *meat* on
> chicken feet, and they seem to have found a way to make the skin expand so
> that it's more than just the thin membrane one would expect. Kinda like
> making cheese puffs from a smaller-than-cheese-puff piece of stuff,
> except that they weren't crunchy. So they were both puffy and slimy.
> That's quite a combination.

But did they have toenails? When I poked around in my first (and last)
feijoida I came across a pig's toe <with toenail>.

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Felice wrote:

> "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
> news
>>
>> The cartoonist R.Kliban once said as a caption to a drawing showing this
>> unnatural act:
>>
>> Dirty scaly chicken toes
>> Harry puts them up his nose
>>
>> Kliban was an absurdist cartoonist that. I think, slightly preceded Gary
>> Larson. At least I discovered him before Larson.
>>
>> Well, recently, not being able to understand the woman circulating around
>> the new-to-me Chinese restaurant with the hot food cart, I found myself
>> face to face with a bowl of chicken toes. They lookes like skinny chicken
>> strips. Hah! Just what they wanted me to think!
>>
>> You will not be surprised that they were all bones, the way your fingers
>> would be if you chose, in a moment of similar confusion, to gnaw on it.
>> Imagine my surprise, sitting there with a mouthful of chicken knuckles,
>> when I didn't know what was coming.
>>
>> They did not taste bad. This is the kind of situation for which God, late
>> on the fifth day, created "sauce" and saw it was good.
>>
>> he texture of the small not-bone portion was odd...or at least unexpected.
>> It was kind of...uh...well, kind of...okay, puffy. The best I can explain
>> what I mean is with this pictu there's hardly any (*if* any) *meat* on
>> chicken feet, and they seem to have found a way to make the skin expand so
>> that it's more than just the thin membrane one would expect. Kinda like
>> making cheese puffs from a smaller-than-cheese-puff piece of stuff,
>> except that they weren't crunchy. So they were both puffy and slimy.
>> That's quite a combination.

> But did they have toenails? When I poked around in my first (and last)
> feijoida I came across a pig's toe <with toenail>.

I don't remember. I suppose they must've.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> The texture of the small not-bone portion was odd...or at least unexpected.
> It was kind of...uh...well, kind of...okay, puffy. The best I can explain
> what I mean is with this pictu there's hardly any (*if* any) *meat* on
> chicken feet, and they seem to have found a way to make the skin expand so
> that it's more than just the thin membrane one would expect. Kinda like
> making cheese puffs from a smaller-than-cheese-puff piece of stuff,
> except that they weren't crunchy. So they were both puffy and slimy.
> That's quite a combination.

Way too much information.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .net>,
Blinky the Shark > wrote:

> The cartoonist R.Kliban once said as a caption to a drawing showing this
> unnatural act:
>
> Dirty scaly chicken toes
> Harry puts them up his nose
>
> Kliban was an absurdist cartoonist that. I think, slightly preceded Gary
> Larson. At least I discovered him before Larson.

He's also the luminary who created the rule "Never eat anything bigger
than your head."

> Well, recently, not being able to understand the woman circulating around
> the new-to-me Chinese restaurant with the hot food cart, I found myself
> face to face with a bowl of chicken toes. They lookes like skinny chicken
> strips. Hah! Just what they wanted me to think!
>
> You will not be surprised that they were all bones, the way your fingers
> would be if you chose, in a moment of similar confusion, to gnaw on it.
> Imagine my surprise, sitting there with a mouthful of chicken knuckles,
> when I didn't know what was coming.
>
> They did not taste bad. This is the kind of situation for which God, late
> on the fifth day, created "sauce" and saw it was good.
>
> he texture of the small not-bone portion was odd...or at least unexpected.
> It was kind of...uh...well, kind of...okay, puffy. The best I can explain
> what I mean is with this pictu there's hardly any (*if* any) *meat* on
> chicken feet, and they seem to have found a way to make the skin expand so
> that it's more than just the thin membrane one would expect. Kinda like
> making cheese puffs from a smaller-than-cheese-puff piece of stuff,
> except that they weren't crunchy. So they were both puffy and slimy.
> That's quite a combination.

Mmm, chicken toes. I loves them, I do. Specially in plum sauce. My
nine-year-old daughter tried them, and said that while she doesn't
_hate_ them, she doesn't particularly care for them either.

More for me, I says.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 6, 6:07*am, Blinky the Shark > wrote:
> The cartoonist R.Kliban once said as a caption to a drawing showing this
> unnatural act:
>
> Dirty scaly chicken toes
> Harry puts them up his nose
>
> Kliban was an absurdist cartoonist that. I think, slightly preceded Gary
> Larson. *At least I discovered him before Larson.
>
> Well, recently, not being able to understand the woman circulating around
> the new-to-me Chinese restaurant with the hot food cart, I found myself
> face to face with a bowl of chicken toes. *They lookes like skinny chicken
> strips. *Hah! *Just what they wanted me to think!
>
> You will not be surprised that they were all bones, the way your fingers
> would be if you chose, in a moment of similar confusion, to gnaw on it.
> Imagine my surprise, sitting there with a mouthful of chicken knuckles,
> when I didn't know what was coming.
>
> They did not taste bad. *This is the kind of situation for which God, late
> on the fifth day, created "sauce" and saw it was good.
>
> he texture of the small not-bone portion was odd...or at least unexpected.
> It was kind of...uh...well, kind of...okay, puffy. *The best I can explain
> what I mean is with this pictu there's hardly any (*if* any) *meat* on
> chicken feet, and they seem to have found a way to make the skin expand so
> that it's more than just the thin membrane one would expect. *Kinda like
> making cheese puffs from a smaller-than-cheese-puff piece of stuff,
> except that they weren't crunchy. *So they were both puffy and slimy.
> That's quite a combination.

Ick, chicken feet. You *know* what chickens have been walking around
in!

JB

> --
> Blinky T. "none went up my nose" Shark
> Killing all posts from Google Groups
> The Usenet Improvement Project:http://improve-usenet.org
> Blinky:http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 6, 6:07*am, Blinky the Shark > wrote:
> The cartoonist R.Kliban once said as a caption to a drawing showing this
> unnatural act:
>
> Dirty scaly chicken toes
> Harry puts them up his nose
>
> Kliban was an absurdist cartoonist that. I think, slightly preceded Gary
> Larson. *At least I discovered him before Larson.
>
> Well, recently, not being able to understand the woman circulating around
> the new-to-me Chinese restaurant with the hot food cart, I found myself
> face to face with a bowl of chicken toes. *They lookes like skinny chicken
> strips. *Hah! *Just what they wanted me to think!
>
> You will not be surprised that they were all bones, the way your fingers
> would be if you chose, in a moment of similar confusion, to gnaw on it.
> Imagine my surprise, sitting there with a mouthful of chicken knuckles,
> when I didn't know what was coming.
>
> They did not taste bad. *This is the kind of situation for which God, late
> on the fifth day, created "sauce" and saw it was good.
>
> he texture of the small not-bone portion was odd...or at least unexpected.
> It was kind of...uh...well, kind of...okay, puffy. *The best I can explain
> what I mean is with this pictu there's hardly any (*if* any) *meat* on
> chicken feet, and they seem to have found a way to make the skin expand so
> that it's more than just the thin membrane one would expect. *Kinda like
> making cheese puffs from a smaller-than-cheese-puff piece of stuff,
> except that they weren't crunchy. *So they were both puffy and slimy.
> That's quite a combination.

I forgot to ask, were the feet whole? Reading your post it sounds like
they were individual toes. Where I live they are served as whole feet,
much more off-putting than single toes.

JB

> --
> Blinky T. "none went up my nose" Shark
> Killing all posts from Google Groups
> The Usenet Improvement Project:http://improve-usenet.org
> Blinky:http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 6, 11:25*am, "Gregory Morrow"
> wrote:
> Golden One wrote:
>
> On Feb 6, 6:07 am, Blinky the Shark > wrote:
>

> > The cartoonist R.Kliban once said as a caption to a drawing showing this
> > unnatural act:

> > Dirty scaly chicken toes
> > Harry puts them up his nose

> > Kliban was an absurdist cartoonist that. I think, slightly preceded Gary
> > Larson. At least I discovered him before Larson.

> > Well, recently, not being able to understand the woman circulating around
> > the new-to-me Chinese restaurant with the hot food cart, I found myself
> > face to face with a bowl of chicken toes. They lookes like skinny chicken
> > strips. Hah! Just what they wanted me to think!

> > You will not be surprised that they were all bones, the way your fingers
> > would be if you chose, in a moment of similar confusion, to gnaw on it.
> > Imagine my surprise, sitting there with a mouthful of chicken knuckles,
> > when I didn't know what was coming.

> > They did not taste bad. This is the kind of situation for which God, late
> > on the fifth day, created "sauce" and saw it was good.

> > he texture of the small not-bone portion was odd...or at least unexpected.
> > It was kind of...uh...well, kind of...okay, puffy. The best I can explain
> > what I mean is with this pictu there's hardly any (*if* any) *meat* on
> > chicken feet, and they seem to have found a way to make the skin expand so
> > that it's more than just the thin membrane one would expect. Kinda like
> > making cheese puffs from a smaller-than-cheese-puff piece of stuff,
> > except that they weren't crunchy. So they were both puffy and slimy.
> > That's quite a combination.

> I forgot to ask, were the feet whole? Reading your post it sounds like
> they were individual toes. Where I live they are served as whole feet,
> much more off-putting than single toes.
>
> --------------------------------------
>
> That's nothing, I frequent a Chinese BBQ joint here in Chicago that has
> "octopus whiskers" as a special...

Please explain! I had no idea octopus had whiskers.

JB

> --
> Best
> Greg- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Golden One wrote:

On Feb 6, 6:07 am, Blinky the Shark > wrote:
> The cartoonist R.Kliban once said as a caption to a drawing showing this
> unnatural act:
>
> Dirty scaly chicken toes
> Harry puts them up his nose
>
> Kliban was an absurdist cartoonist that. I think, slightly preceded Gary
> Larson. At least I discovered him before Larson.
>
> Well, recently, not being able to understand the woman circulating around
> the new-to-me Chinese restaurant with the hot food cart, I found myself
> face to face with a bowl of chicken toes. They lookes like skinny chicken
> strips. Hah! Just what they wanted me to think!
>
> You will not be surprised that they were all bones, the way your fingers
> would be if you chose, in a moment of similar confusion, to gnaw on it.
> Imagine my surprise, sitting there with a mouthful of chicken knuckles,
> when I didn't know what was coming.
>
> They did not taste bad. This is the kind of situation for which God, late
> on the fifth day, created "sauce" and saw it was good.
>
> he texture of the small not-bone portion was odd...or at least unexpected.
> It was kind of...uh...well, kind of...okay, puffy. The best I can explain
> what I mean is with this pictu there's hardly any (*if* any) *meat* on
> chicken feet, and they seem to have found a way to make the skin expand so
> that it's more than just the thin membrane one would expect. Kinda like
> making cheese puffs from a smaller-than-cheese-puff piece of stuff,
> except that they weren't crunchy. So they were both puffy and slimy.
> That's quite a combination.

I forgot to ask, were the feet whole? Reading your post it sounds like
they were individual toes. Where I live they are served as whole feet,
much more off-putting than single toes.

--------------------------------------

That's nothing, I frequent a Chinese BBQ joint here in Chicago that has
"octopus whiskers" as a special...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Golden One wrote:

On Feb 6, 11:25 am, "Gregory Morrow"
> wrote:
> Golden One wrote:
>
> On Feb 6, 6:07 am, Blinky the Shark > wrote:
>

> > The cartoonist R.Kliban once said as a caption to a drawing showing this
> > unnatural act:

> > Dirty scaly chicken toes
> > Harry puts them up his nose

> > Kliban was an absurdist cartoonist that. I think, slightly preceded Gary
> > Larson. At least I discovered him before Larson.

> > Well, recently, not being able to understand the woman circulating

around
> > the new-to-me Chinese restaurant with the hot food cart, I found myself
> > face to face with a bowl of chicken toes. They lookes like skinny

chicken
> > strips. Hah! Just what they wanted me to think!

> > You will not be surprised that they were all bones, the way your fingers
> > would be if you chose, in a moment of similar confusion, to gnaw on it.
> > Imagine my surprise, sitting there with a mouthful of chicken knuckles,
> > when I didn't know what was coming.

> > They did not taste bad. This is the kind of situation for which God,

late
> > on the fifth day, created "sauce" and saw it was good.

> > he texture of the small not-bone portion was odd...or at least

unexpected.
> > It was kind of...uh...well, kind of...okay, puffy. The best I can

explain
> > what I mean is with this pictu there's hardly any (*if* any) *meat*

on
> > chicken feet, and they seem to have found a way to make the skin expand

so
> > that it's more than just the thin membrane one would expect. Kinda like
> > making cheese puffs from a smaller-than-cheese-puff piece of stuff,
> > except that they weren't crunchy. So they were both puffy and slimy.
> > That's quite a combination.

> I forgot to ask, were the feet whole? Reading your post it sounds like
> they were individual toes. Where I live they are served as whole feet,
> much more off-putting than single toes.
>
> --------------------------------------
>
> That's nothing, I frequent a Chinese BBQ joint here in Chicago that has
> "octopus whiskers" as a special...

Please explain! I had no idea octopus had whiskers.

---------------------------------------

GM:

Blinky eats them all the time...!!!

Anyways, here ya go, from a discussion on a local Chicago food board:
www.lthforum.com

Here's the special advertised on the wall (Sun Wah BBQ in Chicago):

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4922/sunwah2zo4.jpg

Here's a pic of the dish (I 've had them, *very* tasty indeed!):

http://gwiv.com/SunWah82.jpg

And some discussion from the thread:

http://lthforum.com/bb/viewtopic.php...skers&start=30

"Q: So... who can tell me about pan-fried octopus whiskers?

A: It's classic Jonglish. The second character (?) in the combination that
means "tentacle" also means beard (or whiskers). The Chinese word for
tentacle translates literally to "touch whiskers". The same word is used for
animal antennae. It is equivalent to the english term "feelers"...

Of course, what are commonly called "tentacles" on octopi, are not tentacles
at all, but arms. Tentacles are actually feelers (like antennae), whereas
arms are used for gripping. squid have both arms and tentacles, but octopi
only have arms. It seems the Chinese also conflate the two different types
of appendages..."

</>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark wrote:

<snip>

><snip>
>
> You will not be surprised that they were all bones, the way your fingers
> would be if you chose, in a moment of similar confusion, to gnaw on it.
> Imagine my surprise, sitting there with a mouthful of chicken knuckles,
> when I didn't know what was coming.

LOL have also eaten chicken feet as dim sum.

> They did not taste bad. This is the kind of situation for which God, late
> on the fifth day, created "sauce" and saw it was good.
>
> he texture of the small not-bone portion was odd...or at least unexpected.
> It was kind of...uh...well, kind of...okay, puffy. The best I can explain
> what I mean is with this pictu there's hardly any (*if* any) *meat* on
> chicken feet, and they seem to have found a way to make the skin expand so
> that it's more than just the thin membrane one would expect. Kinda like
> making cheese puffs from a smaller-than-cheese-puff piece of stuff,
> except that they weren't crunchy. So they were both puffy and slimy.
> That's quite a combination.

Around here packs of chicken feet sold at Wal(ly) Mart are marked
'chicken paws.' Saw that terminology in the Asian supermarket and didn't
think twice about it. Laughed when the same thing showed up on labels in
a national chain. Must be using the same dictionary...or not.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 21:20:10 -0600, "Gregory Morrow"
> wrote:

>Here's a pic of the dish (I 've had them, *very* tasty indeed!):

>http://gwiv.com/SunWah82.jpg

Looks like something that grows on cybercat

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 21:20:10 -0600, "Gregory Morrow"
> > wrote:
>

> >Here's a pic of the dish (I 've had them, *very* tasty indeed!):

> >http://gwiv.com/SunWah82.jpg

> Looks like something that grows on cybercat

But unlike badpussy they serve a *useful* purpose, lol...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> They did not taste bad. This is the kind of situation for which God, late
> on the fifth day, created "sauce" and saw it was good.
>
> he texture of the small not-bone portion was odd...or at least unexpected.
> It was kind of...uh...well, kind of...okay, puffy. The best I can explain
> what I mean is with this pictu there's hardly any (*if* any) *meat* on
> chicken feet, and they seem to have found a way to make the skin expand so
> that it's more than just the thin membrane one would expect. Kinda like
> making cheese puffs from a smaller-than-cheese-puff piece of stuff,
> except that they weren't crunchy. So they were both puffy and slimy.
> That's quite a combination.

OMG. I've never wanted to try chicken feet/toes (especially after I've seen
what mine walk in all day) but you've just confirmed that I made the right
decision.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Food is an important part of a balanced diet. Â*- Fran Lebowitz
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 13:07:15 -0800, Blinky the Shark
> wrote:

>The cartoonist R.Kliban once said as a caption to a drawing showing this
>unnatural act:
>
>Dirty scaly chicken toes
>Harry puts them up his nose

When I was a child, several hundred years ago, my grandmother would
make chicken soup, boiling an entire chicken (except for the head) for
a week or two. Eating the boiled chicken was kind of like eating
cardboard without the delicious cardboard flavor. I used to love
chewing on the feet, and drove my sister crazy when I nibbled on the
toenails.

Barry in Indy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 13:43:20 +0200, ChattyCathy
> wrote:

>Blinky the Shark wrote:
>

>> They did not taste bad. This is the kind of situation for which God, late
>> on the fifth day, created "sauce" and saw it was good.
>>
>> he texture of the small not-bone portion was odd...or at least unexpected.
>> It was kind of...uh...well, kind of...okay, puffy. The best I can explain
>> what I mean is with this pictu there's hardly any (*if* any) *meat* on
>> chicken feet, and they seem to have found a way to make the skin expand so
>> that it's more than just the thin membrane one would expect. Kinda like
>> making cheese puffs from a smaller-than-cheese-puff piece of stuff,
>> except that they weren't crunchy. So they were both puffy and slimy.
>> That's quite a combination.
>>

>OMG. I've never wanted to try chicken feet/toes (especially after I've seen
>what mine walk in all day) but you've just confirmed that I made the right
>decision.

they give them a nice pedicure before they cook them.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2008-02-05, Blinky the Shark > wrote:

> Well, recently, not being able to understand the woman circulating around
> the new-to-me Chinese restaurant with the hot food cart, I found myself
> face to face with a bowl of chicken toes. They lookes like skinny chicken

Yum! Chicken feet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/clayirv...7603576753446/

--
Clay Irving >
Chemistry is easy. It's just like witchcraft, but with less newt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Clay wrote on Wed, 6 Feb 2008 16:39:04 +0000 (UTC):

??>> Well, recently, not being able to understand the woman
??>> circulating around the new-to-me Chinese restaurant with
??>> the hot food cart, I found myself face to face with a bowl
??>> of chicken toes. They lookes like skinny chicken

CI> Yum! Chicken feet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/clayirv...7603576753446/

Yes, that's the name I know them by. They are frequently
available as Dim Sun but "Tried them once, didn't like them!"

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

expand so
> that it's more than just the thin membrane one would expect. Kinda like
> making cheese puffs from a smaller-than-cheese-puff piece of stuff,
> except that they weren't crunchy. So they were both puffy and slimy.
> That's quite a combination.
>
> --
> Blinky T. "none went up my nose" Shark

TMI.

I'll never forget the episode of China Beach, where Dana and her
cohorts were having a contest on who could eat the grossest Vietnamese
food - one of the "dishes" was big poultry feet. I don't recall there
was anything about them to eat, but there must have been. (I think
Delaney fell off the bench, backwards, after her last shot of
alcohol.)

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 13:43:20 +0200, ChattyCathy
> > wrote:
>
>> Blinky the Shark wrote:

>>> So they were both puffy and slimy.
>>> That's quite a combination.
>>>

>> OMG. I've never wanted to try chicken feet/toes (especially after I've seen
>> what mine walk in all day) but you've just confirmed that I made the right
>> decision.

> they give them a nice pedicure before they cook them.

Thanks for the information, but that doesn't change my opinion <shudder>
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Food is an important part of a balanced diet. - Fran Lebowitz

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark > wrote:

> They did not taste bad.

They are bones, fat and skin. The latter two taste good almost by
definition, but are fiddly to gnaw off the former. Try duck feet; they
have all that tasty web between the toesies.

Victor
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:

> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>

>> They did not taste bad. This is the kind of situation for
>> which God, late on the fifth day, created "sauce" and saw it
>> was good.
>>
>> he texture of the small not-bone portion was odd...or at least
>> unexpected. It was kind of...uh...well, kind of...okay, puffy.
>> The best I can explain what I mean is with this pictu
>> there's hardly any (*if* any) *meat* on chicken feet, and they
>> seem to have found a way to make the skin expand so that it's
>> more than just the thin membrane one would expect. Kinda like
>> making cheese puffs from a smaller-than-cheese-puff piece of
>> stuff, except that they weren't crunchy. So they were both
>> puffy and slimy. That's quite a combination.
>>

> OMG. I've never wanted to try chicken feet/toes (especially
> after I've seen what mine walk in all day) but you've just
> confirmed that I made the right decision.

I hadn't wanted to try them, either.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

sand in my toes.....bliss! John Nice General Cooking 1 18-09-2010 10:15 PM
Springfield Missouri Cashew Chicken Nugget & Chicken Fried Rice Duane Novak Recipes (moderated) 0 18-04-2007 05:27 PM
Vertical Chicken Roaster: CAJUN ROAST CHICKEN WITH CORN BREAD Duckie ® Recipes 0 13-07-2005 02:08 AM
Male Toes Michael Odom General Cooking 5 05-02-2005 03:38 PM
Chicken Ajíllo, El Charro (Chicken with Garlic and White Wine) Duckie ® Recipes 0 15-03-2004 01:19 PM