Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default good day to stay home and cook

It is bloody cold here today, not really all that cold but it sure feels
like it because we have had 50-60 mph gusts of wind all day. So I
figured I would so some baking. Then I thought it might be a good day
to make a batch of ice cream because I could put it outside to cool off
quickly. I made a batch of chocolate base and put in a Tupperware
container and set it one the porch. By dinner time it was almost frozen,
so I stuck it in the machine and it froze up in record time and is
probably the best chocolate ice cream I ever made,even if it is too cold
to eat ice cream.

After I set the ice cream base outside to cool I made a batch of oatmeal
cookies with chocolate chips and raisins. I confess to having used a mix
from the Bulk Barn, because it makes great cookies and I don';t have to
make the 4-5 dozen I get from my recipe.

After the cookies were done I had a hankering to try my hand at Scottish
Oatcakes. I found a recipe for them in the Laura Secord Canadian
Cookbook. The oatcakes were easy to make, and they turned out great.

Supper was Curried Chicken with Coconut Milk served on rice.

While we were cleaning up from dinner I put the ice cream in the
machine. I came across a huge chunk of bittersweet chocolate that needed
to be used up. I put in an a bowl over boiling water to melt, sliced up
some candied ginger, sliced it up and dipped it in the chocolate.

Tomorrow I have to go to the gym.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Supper was Curried Chicken with Coconut Milk served on rice.

Here at the house of the sniffle, cough, and hack, I decided something warm
and comforting was in order. I tried an old recipe for Beef Stew. With a pan
of hot biscuits that was supper. Butter biscuits with jelly and honey were
devoured by the crew.

Quite a tasty mean, and a good basic stew recipe, I might add a few things
next time but for this time it was very satisfying.

Cindi