Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default barach obama's white grandmother

why is there no press about mr. obama's white grandmother who(i
understand) currently lives in an apt. in hawaii! he refers to his
kenyan step grandmother who(i believe) he did not see until he was 8.

is it because it would dilute the image he is "black?"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mariam Brinkmeyer wrote:

I am a pathetic WebTV user.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mariam Brinkmeyer" > wrote in message

> why is there no press about mr. obama's white grandmother who(i
> understand) currently lives in an apt. in hawaii! he refers to his
> kenyan step grandmother who(i believe) he did not see until he was 8.
>
> is it because it would dilute the image he is "black?"

No, it's because we can't COOK HER.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Mariam Brinkmeyer wrote:
>
> I am a pathetic WebTV user.

......living in a doublewide with an assortment of hounds a vet wouldn't
touch even wearing a hazmat suit.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default white webTV loser

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> > Mariam Brinkmeyer wrote:
> >
> > I am a pathetic WebTV user.

> .....living in a doublewide with an assortment of hounds a vet
> wouldn't touch even wearing a hazmat suit.

.. . . with a big plastic Tupperware bowl on my lap
full of microwave popcorn, cheese curls, and potato chips
watching Jerry Springer.

Are we done, now?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
(Mariam Brinkmeyer) wrote:

> why is there no press about mr. obama's white grandmother who(i
> understand) currently lives in an apt. in hawaii! he refers to his
> kenyan step grandmother who(i believe) he did not see until he was 8.
>
> is it because it would dilute the image he is "black?"

That's ridiculous, not to mention it is off topic, not to mention that
you spelled his name wrong, not to mention you are posting from webtv.

Have you ever wondered why black people in the US have such a range of
skin color, while people directly from Africa are usually very dark?
It's because most black people descended from slaves here in the US have
some white parentage to them.

There's some fancy name for it, but basically, any white male slaveowner
could have sex with any black female slave that he owned, who took his
fancy. If she got pregnant by him, the rule was that any baby born of a
black female slave was black, and the property of the owner. It didn't
matter what color the skin actually was, the baby was black. I don't
know what happened to white female slaveowners who got pregnant by black
male slaves. I suspect that it was rare, and if the baby looked black,
a report was made that the baby died during childbirth, and a home was
found for the baby with a black female slave, perhaps on a different
plantation.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>>
>> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
>> > Mariam Brinkmeyer wrote:
>> >
>> > I am a pathetic WebTV user.

>> .....living in a doublewide with an assortment of hounds a vet
>> wouldn't touch even wearing a hazmat suit.

> . . . with a big plastic Tupperware bowl on my lap
> full of microwave popcorn, cheese curls, and potato chips
> watching Jerry Springer.
>
> Are we done, now?

Yeah...I'm getting nauseous. A picture's worth a thousand words. Here are
Sheldon's parents:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/24/67...246f2602_o.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Bugg wrote:
> Mariam Brinkmeyer wrote:
>
> I am a pathetic WebTV user.

LOL.. thanks for the chuckle, Dave. The ONLY redeeming quality to THIS
thread for sure...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 03:01:55 GMT, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>
> > Here are Sheldon's parents:
> > http://farm1.static.flickr.com/24/67...246f2602_o.jpg

> I only see one parent there. Wearing the flag.

Hey! That's a staged photo! If it were authentic,
the wooden boards of the stairs would be rotten.
Like mine. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 03:01:55 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> wrote:

>"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
>> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>>>
>>> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message

>>> .....living in a doublewide with an assortment of hounds a vet
>>> wouldn't touch even wearing a hazmat suit.

>> . . . with a big plastic Tupperware bowl on my lap
>> full of microwave popcorn, cheese curls, and potato chips
>> watching Jerry Springer.
>>
>> Are we done, now?

>Yeah...I'm getting nauseous. A picture's worth a thousand words. Here are
>Sheldon's parents:
>http://farm1.static.flickr.com/24/67...246f2602_o.jpg

Why drag Sheldon into it?

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking,soc.politics

Mariam Brinkmeyer wrote:

> why is there no press about mr. obama's white grandmother

Your problem is insufficient knowledge. There HAS been press about her.

who(i
> understand) currently lives in an apt. in hawaii! he refers to his
> kenyan step grandmother who(i believe) he did not see until he was 8.
>
> is it because it would dilute the image he is "black?"

Considering that a majority of American-born Blacks have some white
ancestry, I think that would be a really, really bad guess even if it
wasn't based on erroneous assumptions about what the press has reported.

Malcom X talked about his white ancestry in public (though not exactly
favorably), and it doesn't seem to have harmed his image as Black.

Let me note another mistake he "press" about a candidate means WHAT
THE PRESS SAYS, not what THE CANDIDATE (and his/her/its handlers) say.

There has been a lot of press about Mitt Romney's liberal record, and
how it contradicts much of what he now says he stands for. Romney and
his campaign staff have not been exactly eager to discuss it.

Note: The tinge of impoliteness here is because I've been sleeping
badly recently. If I were feeling better, I would be much less polite
to you.

--
Dan Goodman
"I have always depended on the kindness of stranglers."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 03:01:55 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> > wrote:

>>> . . . with a big plastic Tupperware bowl on my lap
>>> full of microwave popcorn, cheese curls, and potato chips
>>> watching Jerry Springer.
>>>
>>> Are we done, now?

>>Yeah...I'm getting nauseous. A picture's worth a thousand words. Here are
>>Sheldon's parents:
>>http://farm1.static.flickr.com/24/67...246f2602_o.jpg
>>

> Why drag Sheldon into it?

Because he's an obnoxious, vitriol-spewing asswipe, maybe?

Just a guess.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" wrote:

>> Are we done, now?

> You forgot the white robe and the gun rack on the back
> window of the pick up truck.

Probably that pick up is also full of mexican irregulars who work for him.
--
Vilco
Mai guardare Trailer park Boys senza

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 06:26:38 -0500, "cybercat" >
wrote:

><sf> wrote in message ...
>> On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 03:01:55 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
>> > wrote:

>>>Yeah...I'm getting nauseous. A picture's worth a thousand words. Here are
>>>Sheldon's parents:
>>>http://farm1.static.flickr.com/24/67...246f2602_o.jpg
>>>

>> Why drag Sheldon into it?
>>

>Because he's an obnoxious, vitriol-spewing asswipe, maybe?
>
>Just a guess.

Seems like one of those "kitchen sink" arguments to me. Not very
productive.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:41:23 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""
> wrote:

>You forgot the white robe and the gun rack on the back window of the pick
>up truck.

Have you ever see a truck with levels and yardsticks in the gun rack?
Brilliant!