FoodBanter.com

-   -   Better Coleslaw (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/147710-re-better-coleslaw.html)

Dane Beko 28-01-2007 10:31 PM

Better Coleslaw

In a message about " Better Coleslaw", wrote:

>>> Cabbage is a cold weather
>>>crop, there is no cabbage in Mexican dishes...

> This is not true; Ensenada-style deep-fried fish tacos have a
> shredded cabbage garnish.

Very true, I've eaten fish tacos that way. The cabbage adds a good
crunch and taste to the taco. My wife is from Mexico City and she
also uses shredded cabbage on basically any kind of seafood taco
(fish, shrimp, etc.). That along with a thinned out (with water)
mayonnaise. Yum Yum. :-)

James Silverton[_2_] 28-01-2008 10:45 PM

Better Coleslaw

Dane wrote to All on Mon, 28 Jan 2008 15:31:00 MST7:

??>>>> Cabbage is a cold weather
??>>>> crop, there is no cabbage in Mexican dishes...
??>>
??>> This is not true; Ensenada-style deep-fried fish tacos
??>> have a shredded cabbage garnish.

You are right of course, Google mexican cabbage and read the
numerous hits.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: