Jo-Ann

Default Spun Sugar

Hi,
Has anyone ever made spun sugar? I ordered Kransekake Molds from Fantes
online and after I frost each one, and make the tree, I would like to
further decorate it with spun sugar to resemble Angel Hair or Tinsel on the
Kransekake.
Thank You!
Jo-Ann

--
Invalid address-Please post request to e-mail me.

Vox Humana

"Jo-Ann" <RiverRun@ mindspring.com> wrote in message
link.net...
> Hi,
> Has anyone ever made spun sugar? I ordered Kransekake Molds from Fantes
> online and after I frost each one, and make the tree, I would like to
> further decorate it with spun sugar to resemble Angel Hair or Tinsel on

the
> Kransekake.
> Thank You!
> Jo-Ann

Yes, I've made it.

Jo-Ann

Are there any tricks or something I should know before I attempt this?
Was it difficult? I am guessing one has to work fast to get the "threads" of
sugar before it cools too much. PLease let me know.
Thanks so much! Jo-Ann

--
"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "Jo-Ann" <RiverRun@ mindspring.com> wrote in message
> link.net...
> > Hi,
> > Has anyone ever made spun sugar? I ordered Kransekake Molds from Fantes
> > online and after I frost each one, and make the tree, I would like to
> > further decorate it with spun sugar to resemble Angel Hair or Tinsel on

> the
> > Kransekake.
> > Thank You!
> > Jo-Ann
> >

> Yes, I've made it.

Vox Humana

"Jo-Ann" <RiverRun@ mindspring.com> wrote in message
link.net...
> Are there any tricks or something I should know before I attempt this?
> Was it difficult? I am guessing one has to work fast to get the "threads"

of
> sugar before it cools too much. PLease let me know.
> Thanks so much! Jo-Ann

You have to get the work area and tools read ahead of time and make sure to
be very careful around the caramel. Have a bowl of ice water handy in case
you need to plunge your hand into it. You will have to get a feel for the
process. Avoid doing it on a humid day. If you have an old whisk, you can
cut the looped end off and use it as a tool. Have fun. The ingredients are
cheap, so if you don't succeed at first, try again.

Eleanor494

Martha Stewart did this on her show and has a recipe on her webpage at
http://www.marthastewart.com

Good luck! I want to try this someday, too

Anyone interested in tasty , Healthy, sugar free microwave and other sugar less recipes Sweet Sugar Less Diva Recipes Diabetic 3 26-10-2007 06:41 PM
substituting confectioners sugar for white table sugar? Quiltshophopper Baking 8 03-08-2005 06:51 PM
Spun Sugar JMF Baking 4 02-11-2004 08:16 PM
Clinistix, sugar meters and sugar TAMSNJ Winemaking 15 17-03-2004 04:02 PM
WHEAT,BEET SUGAR,CANE SUGAR,YELLOW CORN,MILK POWER,etc. krzysiek Marketplace 0 02-03-2004 10:33 PM