Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Carl's Jr.

Dee.Dee wrote:

> "Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
>
>> The big screen in nice, but so is the furniture.
>>

> I think so, too. I have a rocker/lounger, but DH sits in one of those
> all hard wood old-fashioned straight-back rockers (ethan allen style
> probably) without any seat pad or back pad. He will watch a movie in this
> thing -- it's also a sight-for-sore eyes. He says it fits his style.
> Knowing him for 38 years, I know what he means by that. :-)))

The TV's on the wall behind me as I sit at the desk at this, my primary,
computer. So for years I've had a small rectangular mirror that has about
the same aspect ratio as my television either velcroed to the bezel of my
monitor, or beside my monitor, for casually monitoring TV. When something
catches my ear or eye, I'll go watch; otherwise I partially-watch there in
the mirror. I've been doing this long enough that reading screen titles
and graphics backwards is second nature. Given that acquired ability,
the only thing that still looks "wrong" (for a split second) is that
whenever a batter hits the ball he runs to third base.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
news
> Dee.Dee wrote:
>
>> "Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
>>
>>> The big screen in nice, but so is the furniture.
>>>

>> I think so, too. I have a rocker/lounger, but DH sits in one of those
>> all hard wood old-fashioned straight-back rockers (ethan allen style
>> probably) without any seat pad or back pad. He will watch a movie in
>> this
>> thing -- it's also a sight-for-sore eyes. He says it fits his style.
>> Knowing him for 38 years, I know what he means by that. :-)))

> The TV's on the wall behind me as I sit at the desk at this, my primary,
> computer. So for years I've had a small rectangular mirror that has about
> the same aspect ratio as my television either velcroed to the bezel of my
> monitor, or beside my monitor, for casually monitoring TV. When something
> catches my ear or eye, I'll go watch; otherwise I partially-watch there in
> the mirror. I've been doing this long enough that reading screen titles
> and graphics backwards is second nature. Given that acquired ability,
> the only thing that still looks "wrong" (for a split second) is that
> whenever a batter hits the ball he runs to third base.

I hope you have handy volume control on that TV -- sometimes it gets pretty
shrill.

The reason DH likes that stiff-backed rocker is that it is low to the floor;
that means it's not far to fall to/on his knees when someone SCORES!!!!!

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Those signs were a staple on the state highways; they didn't require
> freeways and predated them.

see merrimac caverns painted on barn
see rock city
tyson's corner
trees of mystery
wall's drugstore
72 oz big texan steak

how else are you gonna play roadsign alphabet?
hey!! you can only use signs on your side of the car..

joe

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu 24 Jan 2008 02:08:53p, just joe told us...

>> Those signs were a staple on the state highways; they didn't require
>> freeways and predated them.
>>

> see merrimac caverns painted on barn
> see rock city
> tyson's corner
> trees of mystery
> wall's drugstore
> 72 oz big texan steak
>
> how else are you gonna play roadsign alphabet?
> hey!! you can only use signs on your side of the car..
>
> joe

I remember all but tyson's corner and trees of mystery. That was all fun
back then. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Thursday, 01(I)/24(XXIV)/08(MMVIII)
Ummm.... Uhhhh.... Uggggg... I rule
and you don't.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"just joe" > wrote in message

>> Those signs were a staple on the state highways; they didn't require
>> freeways and predated them.
>>

> see merrimac caverns painted on barn
> see rock city
> tyson's corner
> trees of mystery
> wall's drugstore
> 72 oz big texan steak
>
> how else are you gonna play roadsign alphabet?
> hey!! you can only use signs on your side of the car..
>
> joe

Tyson's Corner? Not too long ago, it was out in the country according to
lots of people I've spoken with.
Now it is shopping city.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee.Dee wrote:

> "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
> news
>> Dee.Dee wrote:

>>> I think so, too. I have a rocker/lounger, but DH sits in one of those
>>> all hard wood old-fashioned straight-back rockers (ethan allen style
>>> probably) without any seat pad or back pad. He will watch a movie in
>>> this
>>> thing -- it's also a sight-for-sore eyes. He says it fits his style.
>>> Knowing him for 38 years, I know what he means by that. :-)))

>> The TV's on the wall behind me as I sit at the desk at this, my primary,
>> computer. So for years I've had a small rectangular mirror that has
>> about the same aspect ratio as my television either velcroed to the
>> bezel of my monitor, or beside my monitor, for casually monitoring TV.
>> When something catches my ear or eye, I'll go watch; otherwise I
>> partially-watch there in the mirror. I've been doing this long enough
>> that reading screen titles and graphics backwards is second nature.
>> Given that acquired ability, the only thing that still looks "wrong"
>> (for a split second) is that whenever a batter hits the ball he runs to
>> third base.
>>

> I hope you have handy volume control on that TV -- sometimes it gets
> pretty shrill.

The remote sits here on my desk.

> The reason DH likes that stiff-backed rocker is that it is low to the
> floor; that means it's not far to fall to/on his knees when someone
> SCORES!!!!!

....or he falls asleep?

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

just joe wrote:

>> Those signs were a staple on the state highways; they didn't require
>> freeways and predated them.
>>

> see merrimac caverns painted on barn
> see rock city

And don't forget THE MYSTERY SPOT, which I think, by law, every state (at
least back east) has to have one of.

HEY CARL [email protected] Wine 0 26-08-2012 02:47 AM
Where to get Carl's ? ? ? Ray[_7_] Sourdough 2 11-07-2008 11:59 AM
Carl's Starter George Rupp Sourdough 4 11-05-2007 09:45 PM
What's new at Carl's Jr. darkcat General Cooking 0 12-04-2007 08:28 AM
Thanks for everything, Carl, but... Ben Sunshine-Hill Sourdough 23 17-02-2006 07:19 AM