Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Super Bowl?

Is it too early to ask what you're making?
I'm going to a party at someone else's home. It's sort of a potluck.

I'd like to make a couple of things - maybe something savory and
something sweet.

I am thinking tortilla pinwheels and <gasp> grape jelly meatballs plus a
cookie or bar.

Thoughts? Menus?

-Tracy
Pats fan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tracy" > wrote in message

> Thoughts? Menus?
>
> -Tracy
> Pats fan

We'll go out to dinner. Restaurants won't be crowded at all that night,
especially here in New England if they are in it.

Why do you need a Super Bowl anyway? If a team goes 16-0, they won, right?.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Tracy > wrote:

> Is it too early to ask what you're making?
> I'm going to a party at someone else's home. It's sort of a potluck.
>
> I'd like to make a couple of things - maybe something savory and
> something sweet.
>
> I am thinking tortilla pinwheels and <gasp> grape jelly meatballs plus a
> cookie or bar.
>
> Thoughts? Menus?
>
> -Tracy
> Pats fan

Your ideas are fine. Super Bowl parties are typically events where the
food is very basic, stick to your ribs sort of fair such as pizza,
chicken wings, sandwiches, meatballs, chili, etc. Tortilla pinwheels and
grape jelly meatballs should go over well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Tracy > wrote:

> I am thinking tortilla pinwheels and <gasp> grape jelly meatballs plus a
> cookie or bar.

Sweetish meatballs are both savory and sweet. You'll score a touchdown
at the party with the grape jelly meatballs. It's a perfect venue. Ham
wraps, or whatever they're called with green onion and cream cheese, can
be an easy to make and tasty offering too. Little weenies wrapped in
store-bought croissant dough seem to be a hit too. Don't overthink or
waste too much time on this.
I've never had a cookie at a superbowl party. They don't seem to go all
that well with beer.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 16, 5:13*pm, Tracy > wrote:
> Is it too early to ask what you're making?
> I'm going to a party at someone else's home. *It's sort of a potluck.
>
> I'd like to make a couple of things - maybe something savory and
> something sweet.
>
> I am thinking tortilla pinwheels and <gasp> grape jelly meatballs plus a
> cookie or bar.

If yer gonna throw out (up) a spread like that, you'd better include
several half-gallon jugs of Jim Beam so your hosts and fellow party-
goers won't realize that they are eating such disgusting crap.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 04:00:51 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"Tracy" > wrote in message
>>
>> Thoughts? Menus?
>>
>> -Tracy
>> Pats fan

>We'll go out to dinner. Restaurants won't be crowded at all that night,
>especially here in New England if they are in it.
>
>Why do you need a Super Bowl anyway?

Good soup?

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tracy" > wrote in message ...
> Is it too early to ask what you're making?
> I'm going to a party at someone else's home. It's sort of a potluck.
>
> I'd like to make a couple of things - maybe something savory and something
> sweet.
>
> I am thinking tortilla pinwheels and <gasp> grape jelly meatballs plus a
> cookie or bar.
>
> Thoughts? Menus?
>
> -Tracy
> Pats fan

I'm allergic to football, but if I was going to watch the super bowl game, I
suppose I'd want "theme foods" - stuff that somehow addressed the purpose of
the game: Large burly men pretending to be concerned about moving a ball
around a field, but really interested in climbing and jumping on each other,
and patting one another on the ass. If there was more to it, you'd think
they'd be able to say something more interesting than "Well, Jim, we're just
play as bestest we can, and that's about all we can do."

What foods fit that theme?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> Large burly men pretending to be concerned about moving a ball around a
> field, but really interested in climbing and jumping on each other, and
> patting one another on the ass.

> What foods fit that theme?

Wurstels in buns
--
Vilco
Alaska: Scusa franchi, cantante del liga(bella merda). Tu avresti

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 16, 5:13*pm, Tracy > wrote:
> Is it too early to ask what you're making?
> I'm going to a party at someone else's home. *It's sort of a potluck.
>
> I'd like to make a couple of things - maybe something savory and
> something sweet.
>
> I am thinking tortilla pinwheels and <gasp> grape jelly meatballs plus a
> cookie or bar.
>
> Thoughts? Menus?
>
> -Tracy
> Pats fan

I'd take a big oval tray of "Tex-Mex dip" and tortilla chips:

refried beans
guacamole
sour cream mixed with taco seasoning
shredded Cheddar cheese
thinly sliced scallions
sliced or chopped black olives
diced tomatoes

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:

> I'd take a big oval tray of "Tex-Mex dip" and tortilla chips:
>
> refried beans
> guacamole
> sour cream mixed with taco seasoning
> shredded Cheddar cheese
> thinly sliced scallions
> sliced or chopped black olives
> diced tomatoes

LOL, I've got that same recipe but it is called "Walking taco dip"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 17, 2:27*pm, Goomba38 > wrote:
> Nancy2 wrote:
> > I'd take a big oval tray of "Tex-Mex dip" and tortilla chips:

> > refried beans
> > guacamole
> > sour cream mixed with taco seasoning
> > shredded Cheddar cheese
> > thinly sliced scallions
> > sliced or chopped black olives
> > diced tomatoes

> LOL, I've got that same recipe but it is called "Walking taco dip"

I copied mine from a cover feature on an old Family Circle magazine -
I think from the 70s or early 80s. That's the first time I ever saw
it.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 14:16:07 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> wrote:

>On Jan 17, 2:27*pm, Goomba38 > wrote:
>> Nancy2 wrote:
>> > I'd take a big oval tray of "Tex-Mex dip" and tortilla chips:

>> > refried beans
>> > guacamole
>> > sour cream mixed with taco seasoning
>> > shredded Cheddar cheese
>> > thinly sliced scallions
>> > sliced or chopped black olives
>> > diced tomatoes

>> LOL, I've got that same recipe but it is called "Walking taco dip"

>I copied mine from a cover feature on an old Family Circle magazine -
>I think from the 70s or early 80s. That's the first time I ever saw
>it.

We've got friends who bring that to most pot luck affairs. It's
pretty crappy. Once it sits for more than 15 minutes it's a slimy
mess.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 14:16:07 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> > wrote:

>>> LOL, I've got that same recipe but it is called "Walking taco dip"

>>I copied mine from a cover feature on an old Family Circle magazine -
>>I think from the 70s or early 80s. That's the first time I ever saw
>>it.

> We've got friends who bring that to most pot luck affairs. It's
> pretty crappy. Once it sits for more than 15 minutes it's a slimy
> mess.
>
> Lou

It's fine if nobody touches it. Stop being so negative. :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 23:10:50 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

>>>I copied mine from a cover feature on an old Family Circle magazine -
>>>I think from the 70s or early 80s. That's the first time I ever saw
>>>it.

>> We've got friends who bring that to most pot luck affairs. It's
>> pretty crappy. Once it sits for more than 15 minutes it's a slimy
>> mess.
>>
>> Lou

>It's fine if nobody touches it. Stop being so negative. :-)

LOL. YUK!

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
. net...

> "Tracy" > wrote in message
>>
>> Thoughts? Menus?
>>
>> -Tracy
>> Pats fan

> We'll go out to dinner. Restaurants won't be crowded at all that night,
> especially here in New England if they are in it.
>
> Why do you need a Super Bowl anyway? If a team goes 16-0, they won,
> right?.

What could be better then the patsies losing in the Super bowl?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mike wrote:
> "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> . net...
>> "Tracy" > wrote in message
>>> Thoughts? Menus?
>>>
>>> -Tracy
>>> Pats fan

>> We'll go out to dinner. Restaurants won't be crowded at all that night,
>> especially here in New England if they are in it.
>>
>> Why do you need a Super Bowl anyway? If a team goes 16-0, they won,
>> right?.

> What could be better then the patsies losing in the Super bowl?

Just to keep 'em humble, eh?

ObFood-

* Exported from MasterCook *

Jalapeno Relish

3 whole tomatoes -- chopped
3 bunches green onions -- chopped
1 jar jalapeno peppers
1 can black olives -- chopped
3 tablespoons wine vinegar
3 tablespoons salad oil

Process in food processor to chop (do not over chop).. mix with oil and
vinegar and serve as dip with tortilla chips
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> We've got friends who bring that to most pot luck affairs. *It's
> pretty crappy. *Once it sits for more than 15 minutes it's a slimy
> mess.
>
> Lou- Hide quoted text -

I'm sorry that your friends are such crappy cooks. Mine is never like
that.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:
>> We've got friends who bring that to most pot luck affairs. It's
>> pretty crappy. Once it sits for more than 15 minutes it's a slimy
>> mess.
>>
>> Lou- Hide quoted text -

> I'm sorry that your friends are such crappy cooks. Mine is never like
> that.
>
> N.

Maybe his friends are double-dippers. Ewwwwwwwwwwww.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 18, 11:34*am, Goomba38 > wrote:
> Nancy2 wrote:
> >> We've got friends who bring that to most pot luck affairs. *It's
> >> pretty crappy. *Once it sits for more than 15 minutes it's a slimy
> >> mess.

> >> Lou- Hide quoted text -

> > I'm sorry that your friends are such crappy cooks. *Mine is never like
> > that.

> > N.

> Maybe his friends are double-dippers. *Ewwwwwwwwwwww.

Double Ewwwwwwwwwww. Once dipped the first time, that chip holds onto
the enzymes from one's mouth, and "liquifies" the remaining sour cream
mixture. Just like eating jello or pudding with a spoon and then
putting the spoon back in to get some more, and then storing what's
left - you'll find half liquid in about a day.

There's no accounting for some peoples' friends. >;-)

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:35:25 GMT, Lou Decruss > wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 14:16:07 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> wrote:

>>> LOL, I've got that same recipe but it is called "Walking taco dip"

>>I copied mine from a cover feature on an old Family Circle magazine -
>>I think from the 70s or early 80s. That's the first time I ever saw
>>it.

>We've got friends who bring that to most pot luck affairs. It's
>pretty crappy. Once it sits for more than 15 minutes it's a slimy
>mess.
>
>Lou

you mean the ingredients are supposed to be all mixed together?

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 18:39:54 GMT, blake murphy >
wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:35:25 GMT, Lou Decruss > wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 14:16:07 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> wrote:

>>>I copied mine from a cover feature on an old Family Circle magazine -
>>>I think from the 70s or early 80s. That's the first time I ever saw
>>>it.

>>We've got friends who bring that to most pot luck affairs. It's
>>pretty crappy. Once it sits for more than 15 minutes it's a slimy
>>mess.
>>
>>Lou

>you mean the ingredients are supposed to be all mixed together?

I'm not sure if you're serious, but they are layered. Let that stuff
sit out for an hour during cocktails and it's nasty.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 18, 2:08 pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 18:39:54 GMT, blake murphy >
> wrote:
>

> >On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:35:25 GMT, Lou Decruss > wrote:

> >>We've got friends who bring that to most pot luck affairs. It's
> >>pretty crappy. Once it sits for more than 15 minutes it's a slimy
> >>mess.

> >>Lou

> >you mean the ingredients are supposed to be all mixed together?

> I'm not sure if you're serious, but they are layered. Let that stuff
> sit out for an hour during cocktails and it's nasty.
>
> Lou

Only at your house, LD.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 09:24:34 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> wrote:

>> We've got friends who bring that to most pot luck affairs. *It's
>> pretty crappy. *Once it sits for more than 15 minutes it's a slimy
>> mess.
>>
>> Lou- Hide quoted text -

>I'm sorry that your friends are such crappy cooks. Mine is never like
>that.

They're not good cooks. I wouldn't matter. Unless that recipe is
assembled and scarfed down real fast it's garbage. I've tried it
several times made by different people. It's always bad.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:34:09 -0500, Goomba38 >
wrote:

>Nancy2 wrote:
>>> We've got friends who bring that to most pot luck affairs. It's
>>> pretty crappy. Once it sits for more than 15 minutes it's a slimy
>>> mess.
>>>
>>> Lou- Hide quoted text -

>> I'm sorry that your friends are such crappy cooks. Mine is never like
>> that.
>>
>> N.

>Maybe his friends are double-dippers. Ewwwwwwwwwwww.

Nope. They actually made a sign up for a party requesting people
didn't do that because one of them had a co-worker who was known to
double-dip.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 09:39:12 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> wrote:

>> > I'm sorry that your friends are such crappy cooks. *Mine is never like
>> > that.

>> > N.

>> Maybe his friends are double-dippers. *Ewwwwwwwwwwww.

>Double Ewwwwwwwwwww. Once dipped the first time, that chip holds onto
>the enzymes from one's mouth, and "liquifies" the remaining sour cream
>mixture. Just like eating jello or pudding with a spoon and then
>putting the spoon back in to get some more, and then storing what's
>left - you'll find half liquid in about a day.
>
>There's no accounting for some peoples' friends. >;-)

What does that have to do with a trailer trash recipe?

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 20:18:05 GMT, Lou Decruss > wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 09:39:12 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> wrote:

>>> Maybe his friends are double-dippers. *Ewwwwwwwwwwww.

>>Double Ewwwwwwwwwww. Once dipped the first time, that chip holds onto
>>the enzymes from one's mouth, and "liquifies" the remaining sour cream
>>mixture. Just like eating jello or pudding with a spoon and then
>>putting the spoon back in to get some more, and then storing what's
>>left - you'll find half liquid in about a day.
>>
>>There's no accounting for some peoples' friends. >;-)

>What does that have to do with a trailer trash recipe?
>
>Lou

trailer trash are all filthy double-dippers.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 20:08:47 GMT, Lou Decruss > wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 18:39:54 GMT, blake murphy >
>wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:35:25 GMT, Lou Decruss > wrote:

>>>We've got friends who bring that to most pot luck affairs. It's
>>>pretty crappy. Once it sits for more than 15 minutes it's a slimy
>>>mess.
>>>
>>>Lou

>>you mean the ingredients are supposed to be all mixed together?

>I'm not sure if you're serious, but they are layered. Let that stuff
>sit out for an hour during cocktails and it's nasty.
>
>Lou

only half serious. sounds good laid out separately, but a dog's
breakfast mixed together.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:10:22 GMT, blake murphy >
wrote:

>>>you mean the ingredients are supposed to be all mixed together?

>>I'm not sure if you're serious, but they are layered. Let that stuff
>>sit out for an hour during cocktails and it's nasty.
>>
>>Lou

>only half serious. sounds good laid out separately, but a dog's
>breakfast mixed together.

It's along the same lines as the ruben dip recipes. Sandra Lee would
love them.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 01:54:27 GMT, Lou Decruss > wrote:

>>>I'm not sure if you're serious, but they are layered. Let that stuff
>>>sit out for an hour during cocktails and it's nasty.
>>>
>>>Lou

>>only half serious. sounds good laid out separately, but a dog's
>>breakfast mixed together.

>It's along the same lines as the ruben dip recipes. Sandra Lee would
>love them.
>
>Lou

a reuben dip? dear god. it's hard enough getting a good sandwich.

your pal,
blake

Super Bowl Dimitri General Cooking 59 12-01-2014 03:33 AM
TN: older Super Tuscan for the Super Bowl DaleW Wine 0 08-02-2010 03:13 PM
Super Bowl [email protected] General Cooking 20 29-01-2009 05:17 AM