Posted to rec.food.cooking, seattle.politics

Default Why biofuels skyrocket food prices and cause global warming!

Our politicians have mandated increased ethanol content for American
gasoline, but did not mention the fact that the corn used to make that
ethanol is taken off the food market and thus has skyrocketed the
price of human and animal food. Why do you think milk is now well
over $4 a gallon? Cows eat corn, so beef and dairy products rise in
price along with chicken and eggs, because chickens eat corn too! The
biofuel hoax starves low income peoples all over the world and damages
the environment while actually speeding global warming. Don't fall
for the ethanol "green fuel" hype! Ethanol has less energy per gallon
than gasoline, so the new ethanol fuel blends will give everyone lower
gas mileage while we pay higher prices for the fuel itself and for the
food we eat!

SEE: "The biofuel hoax is causing a world food crisis!"

at: http://home.att.net/~meditation/bio-fuel-hoax.html

Learn why scientists are so concerned about the biofuel bandwagon,
which has become a parade to hell! Ask yourself, why did almost every
politician in America vote for higher food prices, more environmental
damage, and faster global warming? Our politicians are not very
smart! They first got us into a tragic and needless war in Iraq, and
now they have created the biofuel disaster, a man made tragedy that
may kill more innocent people through starvation than killed in the
Iraq War by bullets and bombs! This is just the beginning of the food
price spiral, and things may get "Soylent Green" bad before this
disaster is over! Politicians do not like to admit mistakes and may
let many Americans starve before changing course, and the giant
agricultural corporations may not let politicians tear down their
money making ethanol scheme in any case.

The heartless message our politicians have given the low income
peoples of the world is quite clear; LET THEM EAT BIOFUEL!

Christopher Calder
Posted to rec.food.cooking,seattle.politics

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 21:20:05 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>Our politicians have mandated increased ethanol content for American
>gasoline

Oh MY!

Oh NO!

What will we do?

Use more SAUDI crude???

On Jan 14, 10:05*pm, tangential > wrote:

"What will we do? Use more SAUDI crude???"
We get 18% of our imported oil from Canada, 15% from Mexico, and 14%
from Saudi Arabia. Actually using imported oil is cheaper and less
harmful to the environment than farming biofuel crops, which speed
global warming much faster. It takes more energy to make ethanol than
the ethanol yields in fuel, so the process is a losing proposition
except for the agricultural corporations that make money producing it.

Scientists point out that using nitrogen fertilizers, which are made
from natural gas, coal, and mined minerals, generates large amounts of
nitrous oxide (N2O), a greenhouse gas estimated to be 296 times more
effective at trapping heat than CO2. Farming contributes more to
global warming than all forms of motorized land, sea, and air
transportation combined, so growing vast amounts of crops for biofuel
will heat up the earth's atmosphere faster than if we only used
imported Saudi Arabian oil. Biofuel crop production also aggravates
water shortages because irrigation water is taken away from our
shrinking supplies of safe drinking water.

Using imported oil does not skyrocket food prices, as does making
ethanol from corn. The better idea is to drill in the Alaskan ANWR
oil reserve, where we have our own oil just sitting there waiting to
be pumped.

For full story see: THE BIOFUEL HOAX IS CAUSING A WORLD FOOD
CRISIS! at: http://home.att.net/~meditation/bio-fuel-hoax.html

World wide famine is not a joke! Why do you think milk is now selling
for well over $4 a gallon? The price of beef and chicken has doubled
in the last two years because cows and chicken eat corn! Do you want
to have to take out a loan to buy a steak? The biofuel food price
spiral has just begun!

The United Nations states that global food prices rose 40% in 2007
alone, in part due to biofuel production.

see news story at: http://news.mongabay.com/2007/1227-fao.html

Christopher Calder

Global warming. James Silverton[_4_] General Cooking 11 02-02-2010 09:35 AM
FIGHT CLIMATE CHANGE, GLOBAL WARMING , FOOD SHORTAGE WITH THE MIRACLETREE xik General Cooking 0 03-02-2008 06:17 PM
Food for thought, global warming KPP General Cooking 14 27-09-2005 03:06 PM
Global Warming Beach Runner Vegan 25 02-08-2005 12:53 AM
Global Warming! Graeme... in London Barbecue 4 21-11-2003 01:40 AM